Kat Von D Ludwig Palette

4.5

on 2/23/2009 3:00:00 AM

I like this palette more than I thought I would. This was my first time trying Sephora eyeshadows and I'm glad to say I was pleasntly surprised. Pigmentation was excellent and so was the staying power on my oily lids. The brushes are useless for me but I expected that much. The only problem that I had was that the black shade broke up and got all other everything (the other shades and the things in my makeup bag) when I was on an airplane. Kinda pissed about that.

on 2/23/2009 2:59:00 AM

I'm really loving this e/s palette from the Kat Von D line. You get 8 eyeshadows that are mostly neutral shades in a cute and sleek black cased palette. The mini e/s brushes are not that great so I don't use them. The shadows consist of a black shade, deep olive, light green, pale whitish gold, beige, golden light brown, bronzey brown and finally a dark brown. I admit these colours can be found elsewhere, the colours are dupable, but it's so convenient to have all these very wearable shades in one palette. I found all of the shadows are nicely pigmented when used with a good e/s base, with the exception of the beigey shade. Six of the eight shadows have shimmer and two are matte. I also feel this lovely palette is a bargain considering it's less than $40.00 dollars.

on 2/12/2009 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a gorgeous palette of extremely wearable shimmery neutrals. Everytime I use these shadows, I get compliments. For daytime, I like to use Downtown on the inner lid, Baroque on the outer lid, Leather in the crease and Clay as a highlighter. Lucifer is a matte black that smokes it up for evening. The green shades are Orbi and Dimebag, they are beautiful and really make my eyes appear more blue. Tequila is a soft highligher.There are countless looks you can get with this palette, I am thinking of going back for a backup.

on 2/1/2009 3:03:00 AM

I love this palette. It is my go-to everyday palette. It's comprised of warm neutrals, and look great with my skintone (I'm medium tan in EDM, Asian). All the shadows are wonderfully pigmented and go on very smoothly, except for the peachy nude shade with the glitter in it, but it can be made to work with a little effort. These shadows can be very sheer and subtle, and I really like that. Or they can be built up and used wet for a more dramatic effect. The fallout is a little annoying, but it's only noticeable on my lashes, and I use mascara afterwards anyway so it's not a big deal. I love to use the yellow as a highlighter and for the inner corner of my eyes, and the greens are beautiful smudged under my lower lash line. The palette itself is beautiful and well constructed. The brushes that come with it are worthless, but considering that it's 8 shadows for $34, it's a pretty awesome deal. (I kinda wish I could give it a 4.5)

on 1/27/2009 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great pallette of neutrals and greens. I would have overlooked this one, since it is made by Sephora, but after reading the good reviews I decided to check it out. I use TFSI as a base and all the shadows in this pallette had great color payoff and great stayng power. The pallette has very cute packaging and all of the colors are very wearable. I like how they are organized too. One side green light to dark and the other side brown light to dark. The matte black and brown shadows are great too. Usually I have to add a seperate darker color like MAC Carbon when using a pallette, but this one has everything. This also makes it great for travel. I like the Ludwig pallette so much that I just ordered the Beethoven one too.

on 1/21/2009 12:29:00 AM

Got this as a gift for Christmas, and I like it, but it didn't change my life. I take very good care of my makeup, and they are kept in a professional style train case at all times. For no apparent reason, one of the shadows cracked exploded all over the place. (It HAD to be the black?) I also find that the shadow is a bit too soft. When I use my brushes with MAC, I don't get a lot of shadow falling all over the place like with this one. The colors are good though and they blend nicely. Overall, good but not great.

on 1/18/2009 1:12:00 AM

My favorite palette of neutrals. For the great quality you'd think it cost a lot more than $34. All the shades compliment each other extremely well and the 2 green shades make this a little more unique and versatile than the "average" neutral palette. The only bad thing I could say is that the 2 brushes included are useless. But unfortunately that's pretty common with makeup tools not bought separately. Other than that it's perfect. The shades are so pigmented that a little goes a long way, but if I ever ran out I would repurchase without hesitation.

on 1/7/2009 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Great variety of neutral colors and I love the packaging for this. The shadows feel very creamy which makes blending easy.

on 1/5/2009 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this for xmas from my husband, what a nice surprise! the package is beautiful, black and silver line drawing on the outside, and the inside has a nice mirror, and two brushes that are great for lining but not for the shadows (in my opinion) but the brushes are great for the brown and black matte colors, i use them damp as a liner and they are great. This whole set is perfect for travel, i find myself using all of the colors, they are a bit on the shimmery glittery side for me, however they blend so well together and are very warm and not at all muddy on me. the lasting power is great, the pigment is strong, so even though the colors look a bit neutral and boring, they still pop and make a statement when you are wearing them, which is nice.

Popular Palettes