Biore UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA+++ [REFORMULATED 2014]

4.1

BHT

The best sunblock just yet, Sofina, also makes the brand Biore. So, I tried this sunblock, which is cheaper yet very similiar and comparable to Sofina. It goes on very light, just like milk, same as Sofina. The texture of this is wonderful, with a powdery finish when it dries. Sofina has more of a silicone, slippery finish. However, I find Biore too drying. My skin felt stretched the whole day. This version of Biore UV absorbs sebum and oil, and mattifies the face with the powder finish. I suppose this causes my skin to be dry and tight. I would have to stick with Sofina. But I will be trying hte other variant, the purple one which is supposed to be moist.

Typical of most Japanese sunscreens, this Biore sunscreen has very high SPF (PSF50+, PA+++), and a runny light texture. I'm a bit concerned about the alcohol in this, but so far I've been using it daily as a makeup base/sunscreen (almost finishing the bottle), and it doesn't really cause breakouts or dryness.

I will probably try the Sofina sunscreen next since it's much raved about. But this sunscreen is pretty good so far, and the price is really reasonable as well.

Review for white bottle: I love the smooth, watery texture of this. It applies very well and dries clear and powdery. It brightens the face a little and is perfect for my non-makeup days (my makeup already has SPF). However, I do not think I will be repurchasing. The powdery finish rubs off easily. The alcohol content is high - very high. When I apply it on my cheeks, I can feel the fumes going into my eyes. It has irritated my eyes on more than one occasion. Not a good thing. I think it may be harmful in the long run. Too bad though. The price is practically dirt-cheap at S$8.50 in certain stores.

Review for blue bottle: I have since tried the blue bottle, the waterproof one for face and body. I've gone through many bottles cos it's the best drugstore brand out there without oxybenzone. The alcohol content doesn't bug me as much, either because I got used to it, or the blue bottle contains less of it. I use this daily now because I have AHA in my skincare routine. It doesn't rub off like the white one does. Will be sticking with it until I have more moolah to hunt for better sunblocks.

My mom finds it too oily, and passed it to me, I only used it everywhere else except my face (fear of dryness and clogging). Easy light watery texture like sunkiller. I am not sure it does help me from the sunrays, but I kinda trust japanese sunscreen, and it's triple +. It's cheap too.

As I have dehydrated combi skin, I prefer not to use sunscreen that ends up powdery after application, as I suspect it may be too drying for my skin.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Texture wise is smooth because it's in liquid form. It's white in colour too, but goes on transparent once applied on skin. It's has a light smell, but nothing too heavy or horrible. It disappears almost immediately once applied. Upon application it feels a little greasy, but given 10 to 15 seconds, your face feels powdery and smooth ! And the best part, no white residue!

I bought this due to the fact that it has oil control properties and it does it very well! I used to have very shiny T-zones in 1 or 2 hours, but with this, I keep my skin relatively matte and minimal shines for 3 or 4 hours! It doesn't break me out too, and neither I got any skin problems after using it.

For those who have normal to dry skin, please make sure that you hydrate or moisturize your skin well before using this sunblock. As mentioned, this sunblock has very strong oil control properties, you definitely wouldn't want your skin to get flaky or gets drier than normal. But for people like me who has normal to oily skin, it's a life saver indeed!

This is a very cheap sunblock and one small bottle can last quite a while. :D I've already bought another bottle to stock up! So be sure to grab it if you see it! It's definitely worth the money!!

taken from my own blog - http://pinkyplue.blogspot.com

This is a lot like Sofina Perfect UV sunscreen but costs less. The difference is, as it says on the package, this is a sunscreen and makeup base in one. It has no color nor fragrance. It goes on like a lotion but dries to a powdery touch. As a makeup base, It has no pore or flaw covering property but what I like about it is that it doesn't make my face oily like other makeup bases I've tried. It helps keep my face from getting too oily during the day thus my makeup stays on a little longer. I've been using it everyday for 2 weeks - no break outs. Dry skin people might find it too drying as I am quite sure it contains alcohol. This has become my HG sunscreen now because I can use it as a makeup base also.