LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really like the soft smell of this body powder. It rubs into skin easily. Perfect for right after the shower. Keeps skin feeling silky. The only downside is that my husband HATES the smell. He said it was so strong and it gave him a headache. He also said I smelled like an old lady. So because of his comments I was going to return it to the store. But I couldn't get myself to do it. I love it so much I wear put it on when he's not around. I'm hoping he will get used to it and decide he likes the smell after all. We'll see. I don't think the scent is heavy at all. Very light and soft but maybe he's more sensitive to scents than me. Next time I go to the lush store I want to pick up Candy Fluff. If it smells anything like MMM bath melt, then I want it! I wish Lush would come out with more body powders in other scents.

I really like this, the smell is great (light and sweet) and it feels soft and fine. I find this great for hot weather to keep myself cool and dry. Also it's a pretty neutral scent so it won't compete with your signature fragrance. The best tip I got over on the Lush forums was to get a powder-dispensing brush at Walmart.
A cheap version of those Urban Decay cocktail collection brushes.

on 1/16/2007 10:13:00 PM

First, I'm going to say "yes, I'll buy this again" without really being too sure I will, but I'm leaning in that direction.

I don't usually use powders like this, but a friend recommended it to me. I have to say, for those nights when it starts out cool but gets to warm (usually because my DH is a portable heater) and I end up waking up all sweaty this is great. Dust on the stuff and go right back to sleep! Best of all, it's really not "dry your skin out" type of powder. It feels WONDERFUl after a bath.

The downside is the packaging. It's impossible to put it on without wasting a ton of product, and this stuff isn't cheap! I wish it came in a sifter jar with a powder puff or something. I would LOVE it then.

on 1/15/2007 9:47:00 PM

I finally got the chance to visit a Lush store while I was in Boston and I picked this up as well as a bar of King of Skin. The packaging is silly, and the smell seems a little weird if you take a big whiff, but once I put it on I was OK. I haven't gotten the chance to use it in the humid summer, so right now I use it over this sticky lotion that I'm trying to use up. It's a good product, but I gave it a 3 because it's not spectacular and I could live without it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

The powder is nice, it smells light and the feel is moisturizing. However the container sucks, the powder spills everywhere. It also doesn't have the moisture absorbing quailities that I look for in a powder. I won't buy this again, because it spills everywhere and it's just an 'OK' powder for me.

on 1/9/2007 3:02:00 PM

I have a history of short-lived obsessions with Lush products, followed by disappointment. So far, though, this powder has lived up to the reviews. The smell's great, and it goes on so well! I used to feel the need to shower both at night and in the morning, but I just put this on before I sleep and I wake up feeling totally clean! It doesn't look chalky at all - goes on smooth and has a lovely, delicate scent. I've already bought them for my friends. As with the rest, I HATE the packaging.

on 1/2/2007 3:42:00 PM

Lovely scent and feels heavenly, but the packaging is awful. I put mine in a cute holder with a big powder puff. It's easier to use, looks nicer and allows you to use much less as the original packaging seems designed to spill everywhere.

I love the feel of this powder it is extremely soft and moisturizing but I am not a huge fan of the smell... I was hoping it would be a light smell but it is very strong. It has a honeysuckle smell to me and reminds me of this awful bath set I got when I was 13!! Other than that I love it... I wish they made the smell less powerful though, then I'd definetely repurchase it again. Also the container seems to make a mess and leak a lot. I keep mine under the sink because it gets everywhere if I keep it with the rest of my stuff.

on 11/17/2006 4:34:00 AM

This is a fantabulous powder, very silky lol, and it smells incredible. I love wearing this with Gucci's Envy Me. I've purchased it many many times.

on 11/13/2006 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

First of all I love the smell of this powder. For those of you wondering what dusting powder is for, I use it on my chest and boobs to avoid "boob sweat". It's especially nice in hotter months to put on any areas that get sweaty during the day. Also it's nice to sprinkle on your sheets or in the bottom of a laundry hamper. I also like that it's talc free. My only complaint is that sometimes more comes out of the shaker than I intended. Very nice product, and I will re-purchase.

Top Rated LUSH Products