July 23, 2014 | 2058 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Avocado's are full of essential fatty acids which are 'essential 'for cardio-vascular health. If you read anything about heart health, chances are you'll see avocado as a power food for any condition dealing with the heart and vascular (circulatory) system. Well avocado has amazing anti-inflamatory abilities on our internal system... so why not our external as well. This amazing oil (as well as fruit) is awesome at cleansing and nourishing our skin, hair and nails. I take the skins from when I serve avocados and rub it into my face and elbows, knees whereever I need extra treatment and then jump into the shower. My skin is radiant afterwards. I always have avocado oil in the house for use in salads. A little put into an eyedropper bottle kept on my nighttable is perfect for night time moisturizing on my face, nails ... legs... breasts etc. Especially during autumn when olive oil is a little heavy or to swap out oils to keep the skin from becoming plasticized (processing the same oil attributes over and over.... so the body knows too easily what to do .... ie. plasticized) It's good to change it up now and then.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by arysse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Never, ever thought I would be slathering my oily, acne-prone skin in anything oil based much less pure oil but I have and I love it. I apply this straight out of the bottle and it appears to have an overall calming on affect on my skin. Some days I apply it in the morning underneath foundation or a foundation primer and other times I apply it in the evening before bedtime. It calms the redness in my face and over a short period of time seems to have improved the overall texture of my skin. What I find as most surprising is that it does not make me break out at all and in fact seems to have helped control the breakouts. I am also surprised that I am able to apply it in the morning underneath my makeup and my skin is not oily or shiny. I have no idea the mechanism by which avocado oil works but I'm hooked!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by moonandtheriver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm having very nice luck with this oil as a face moisturizer. I originally bought it for my hair but wasn't sure I liked it for that, so hung onto it till I saw someone reviewing it for a facial moisturizer and gave that a try. Doesnt seem to be aggravating any breakouts, sinks right in, doesn't leave me oily and does a good job of moisturizing. If anything changes I will update, but so far I really like this and how natural it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by greatpph

Got mine at Garden of Wisdom. Avocado Oil is dark green with a slightly unpleasant smell. However, the oil is wonderous. I rub a drop of Avocado Oil w/ Rose water and pat around my eyes, the fine lines instantly disappear.
It's also good for hair, either as hot oil treatment or leave in.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by summertan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I started applying a squirt of 100% avocado oil at night all over my face and around the eyes. Don't apply too much around the eyes, it will attract water and you may wake up puffy. Just to moisten the skin is enough. My intention was just to use it as a moisturizer but the results are nothing short of amazing. I wake up with smooth white hydrated skin. My facial skin is usually patchy/diffuse reddish from diffuse blood vessels but with the oil I wake up miraculously with face the same color as my neck, white and calm. Later in the day the vessels become visible again. The oil is too shiny to be used during the day (unless you blot it) but as a night moisturizer it outperforms everything I've tried - it polishes the skin surface similar to Accutane or skin resufacing procedure, no effect on pores or skin oiliness though. I have very acne prone sensitive skin but the oil doesn't irritate nor breaks me out, it will sting though if it gets in your eyes. You can buy avocado oil at any healthfood store - I use the AuraCacia brand which does not make me smell like a salad, unlike the green unrefined avocado oil sold for cooking, The unrefined green oil also seems to be slightly irritable, especially if you are on strong retinoids. After months of occasionally using avocado oil, I don't think it can remove fine lines like retinoids do, nor it can stop major acne breakouts, but it is the only thing makes my skin look smooth, moisturized and creamy white, not patchy reddish.

41 out of 43 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No