Jane Iredale Handi Brush

Not tested on animals

on 1/14/2005 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Perfect, perfect brush for applying the pure pressed minerals. I own several very nice Kabuki's- the Cat, Luscious and a couple of BB's but I enjoy using this more in some ways. The coverage and application of the JI pressed is perfect using the Handi. It was only $30 at skin-etc.com.

on 8/28/2004 5:24:00 PM

Smaller than a kabuki brush, but with the same flat head, this is perfect for applying JI Pressed Minerals or indeed any pressed powder product, such as bronzer. The head is much denser than a regular powder brush, but not quite as stiff as most kabukis, so it picks up a fairly light amount, perfect for building up product in layers. It can be used for loose powders too, but it tends to pick up quite a lot more than a powder brush and deposits it in a more concentrated area (which of course is fine if that's the effect you're after). If I have one criticism of this it's that it doesn't get into the angles of the face as well as a domed brush. It's the best multipurpose brush I own, but if you use loose minerals or powders more than pressed, I think a powder brush (such as JI's own excellent one) would be a better choice. As with most JI products, you can pick up some great bargains on Ebay.

on 8/5/2004 12:28:00 AM

I LOVE this brush. Its the best one I have ever used. I use it for any brand, any type of face powder and blush. I have no problems with shedding and I have had it for a year now and the shape has held up after almost every day double duty.

on 7/25/2004 4:58:00 PM

How did I ever live without this brush! I bought it for the pressed JI base, but switched to loose for the better coverage. I like this with the loose better than the softer powder brushes because it keeps the precious powder contained. With the other powder brushes, the powder flies everywhere. I'll never be without this brush and plan to buy backups for travel/office, even though I'm a TOTAL cheapskate.

on 3/4/2004 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Use it for all of my JI face applications... pressed powder, bronzer, and finishing powder. I've had mine for almost 3 weeks and have had a sum total of 2 hairs come out. Love it, love it, love it!!!! Unfortunately paid full price (almost $40), but now that I've found them elsewhere for much less, I'm thinking about getting another one specifically for blush.

on 1/22/2004 3:08:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Read the reviews, bought it, used it and was reluctant about keeping it because I was not used to the flatness of it's head since I'd been using a more compact oval type. Now that I've been using this for about 10 days, I find that it's really great for putting blush exactly where it should be...on the apples of my cheeks! Perfect for swirling around and blending nicely! For $29, I'll keep it!

on 1/16/2004 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great powder brush! It's luxuriously soft on my face, and gives the quickist, most even application of the JI PurePressed Base. You can also use this to blend everything in after you've applied blush, bronzer, etc. Pricy(49 CDN), but sooo worth it!

UPDATE:
The brush I have sheds..a bit disappointing for the price but it's still an excellent brush. continued >>

on 12/3/2003 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

HG!!! Amazing Little Brush...very small - but it works in a very big way!!! I Love this brush for application of my pressed AND loose mineral foundation (and Youngblood Rice Mineral Setting Powder under and over both). I have a need for some serious EVEN coverage and this little tool gets the job done without wasting or over-using product. I don't even need that much makeup when I use this brush because it puts it on so evenly and I control the density...

I would not be without it...It is worth every drop of my $29.00 + free shipping @ http://freshskincare.com/

BUY IT!!!

on 10/3/2003 4:48:00 PM

This is very simple......the JI Handi is the only brush to use with the pressed mineral application! Period. It has cut my application time in half, my skin looks great (& it's not) & the brush itself is sooooo soft. Like "buttah" Babs would say! This is a must have & it really is worth every dime. I have had mine for about 10 mos. now with no shedding at all. Blends my minerals like a dream. If your on the fence about this one...just buy it, you will NOT regret the purchase! ;)
4/27/04 This is still THE BEST brush for the JI pressed. And I have washed it several times & it is still in perfect shape....just a great brush. Worth every penny Ladies (or Gents!)

on 9/3/2003 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I just got the Handi about a week ago and I love it! I have been using JI pressed base for a few years now but had not tried the Handi brush. It is soooo soft and applies the minerals perfectly. I thought that a sponge/puff would be quicker but the Handi applies the minerals better and faster than anything else I have tried. It is worth the $30+, (you can buy it on skindeepiii.com for about $31).

Top Rated Jane Iredale Products