Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 12/8/2014 9:38:00 AM

Ok, so I absolutely love this product, it gives me a matte although dewy finish so in the middle, it gives me a great glow and all over coverage.I love the packaging and everything about it, although it is a bit pricey it is probably the best foundation i've ever come across and i've used plenty.

definitely recommend everyone to at least try it :)

on 12/5/2014 1:47:00 AM

Pretty average. My face was oily again within 2 hours and I look like I had no foundation on me. Nooooo....

on 12/2/2014 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

It has an amazing finish when you apply it using the beauty blender.
Looks great on camera. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a staple foundation for the winter months.

on 12/1/2014 10:21:00 PM

This foundation is great for taking pictures and very photogenic, but not very natural in real life. It is not cakey, but you can definitely tell that I'm wearing foundation, so it does not look very natural for school/work.

on 11/24/2014 1:25:00 PM

Really nice finish and lasting power but broke me out in cystic acne, which I never have had. My skin is usually very clear and this completely broke it out. Will be returning.

on 11/24/2014 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I'm generously giving this a 5 because it does what it promises on my dry, NC25 skin with PIH, melasma and occasional breakouts. I can only truly review based on experience with this on my skin as I haven't applied it to anyone else.

I'm used to full cover due to all my skin issues, but this is a medium coverage which can be built to fullish. It does hide most imperfections while feeling incredibly lightweight and looking natural. The finish is neither dewy nor matte, but more a satin that looks like healthy and even skin. It hides red but I have to conceal more for darker patches of melasma.

It works beautifully with all of my primers, even the hydrating and water based ones, which most silicone foundations don't. This doesn't really feel like silicon on your face at all. It feels fresh and looks fresh, even after a 10hour work day in air con or the humid climate which I live. I usually set it with MUFE HD powder and you can't tell I'm wearing layers of makeup as it looks so flawless. Before this I would avoid anything other than full cover foundation but if you want to look natural, try this with a good concealer like MUFE full cover and blend well. Together they hide all sins.

My only gripe is that I was matched with N120 sand beige which is a bit too light. It looked perfect under the store lights, and honestly with the climate here it is common to oxidise but this doesn't happen for me so I need to find a shade that fits better. With 26 shades to choose from its hopeful you will find a good match. The shade system is not very intuitive though and isn't in light to dark order, so make the effort to test this on your face and check it out under different lights before purchasing, as it is on the pricey side.

Tip 1: if you can't find a perfect shade these mix amazingly well. I often mix 170 caramel into 120 sand beige for a darker, slightly more neutral cover that matches me better. The lightest shade is very very pink, so if you need more pink tones to match your cool skin then mix some in. It's likely you'll already have a good match with the shade range, but if not or you need to alter it between summer/winter or undertones, mixing this formula is super easy.

Tip 2: the SA suggested applying with a sponge, which works well, but I find I get better coverage with a foundation brush. Apply a think layer then build it where needed. I sometimes buff it out with either a sponge or buffing brush to blur pores and ensure perfect coverage and finish. This foundation is so easy to apply and work with. Very user friendly.

Clear packaging helps to gauge usage and the pump makes it hygienic and dispenses a good yet conservative amount. There is no discernable scent. You don't really need much product to cover your entire face and 1 pump is enough for medium coverage. You can sheer it out with moisturiser or primer if you prefer. Build it to natural, fullish cover with an additional layer. It just seems to play nicely with all of my other Base products. It's a very agreeable formula.

Lastly, this photographs amazingly. It is a true HD foundation, which many other like nyx fail to be despite their claims. It lacks SPF and has such a natural finish that even with flash it looks like you have flawless skin with no makeup, just like it does in all lighting conditions.

on 11/23/2014 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It didn't work for me, I feel it is best for combination skin. If you are on the dry side, this doesn't feel so moisturizing, and it sets rather quickly on the skin..for younger skin, this is I think a nice option...for mature skins, not so sure...
It looks mask like on me and I have read those same complaints about it...
Overrated in my opinion

on 11/17/2014 9:00:00 AM

I honestly did not like this foundation, I have oily combo skin and acne prone skin but I am very careful what I use on it and usually don't have many breakouts. I wanted a lightweight foundation that wouldn't be sticky or oily on my skin and give me even light coverage, this foundation did not do it for me. I think it could be nice on someone with more dry skin that wants a dewy finish, but for me it was so oily on my skin and did make me break out, if you feel the same way about this foundation try the new flawless finish fluid foundation, its amazing for more oily skin and is lighter on the skin!

on 11/16/2014 7:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

A fantastic medium coverage foundation that is build-able to full. I use this with my beauty blender sponge and the results are flawless. The look is not cakey, in fact it's more dewy and gives good coverage where necessary which is difficult to find in a foundation. Love the packaging and the pump is very hygienic and once you have almost finished the bottle you can easily open it up and use up every last bit of product. Also a good foundation if your having your pictures taken as there is no whitish glare in them due to SPFs etc. Overall one of the best foundations on the market right now.

My search for the holy grail foundation has ended! I'm seriously so in love with this foundation. I actually bought 4 of them since Sephora was having their VIB sale! It's not cheap but it actually looks like skin! And lasts a long time! I'm surprised this foundation doesn't have higher ratings. Also I ahve seen countless makeup artists say that they love this stuff and I can see why. A must have for sure I don't even care to try out anything else.