Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This brush isn't available in the UK but I managed to get it in a swap, and I am so glad I did. This brush is the best for cream blushes, it deposits and blends the colour effortlessly. I haven't used this brush for foundation so I can't comment on how it performs for that.
The brush looks great (I love the handle) and feels like it will last a long time.

As others have mentioned, the brush is quite dense and that's a bit of a problem. I didn't use it for foundation though, just mineral powder. And even so, as much as it took to buff the powder in, I can imagine liquid foundation to be a nightmare.

It's in my collection, but definitely NOT one of my go to brushes.

I have mixed feelings about this. Before purchasing it, I stood in front of the brush display reading through all of the positive MUA reviews for this brush. I was actually torn between buying the flat top brush or the pointed foundation brush. In the end I chose this one and was so excited to use it.

Here's the dealio: I like the way it buffs but you have to use such force to get it to spread your makeup and to buff it in. If you are prone to carpal tunnel syndrome, I would not advise using this, it makes my hand/wrist muscles hurt whereas I've never had this issue. It also seems to suck up all my foundation, what I've had to do is spread my foundation on my face first, and then use this afterward to buff it out. You also need to wash it after each use which is really annoying.

In all, I wouldn't buy this again. It seems like it'd be a good blush brush, but definitely not for powder or foundation unless you want to use excessive force each morning. It tires me out :/

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Allright, I was able to find this brush after months of searching, however, I am just baffled by how to exactly get this brush to work like it has for others on this site. It is a VERY dense brush that is extremely soft and feels like butter on the skin. However, since it is so small, it takes FOREVER to cover my face. I used this with Revlon Colorstay as well as MAC PLW and ugh I fell asleep halfway cause it was taking so long to stipple, buff, stipple, buff.

I think this would work great with cream blushes but I personally use the small highlighting brush from SK, so I dont really see a point of having this brush. I will continue to use my ELF flat top brush which is the perfect brush to give me the best coverage and look from both my foundations.

This brush is super hard to find, it is very soft, very dense and is a great quality brush. I just had really hard time getting this brush to work with me, but its a good brush nonetheless.

I really, really love this brush. I use this for liquid and cream foundations and it gives an excellent finish and allows me to use quite a bit less foundation than my sponge or more traditional foundation brushes. It is the perfect size to use pretty much everywhere on my face and I find myself using this brush everyday, even at the expense of some of its pricier counterparts. This brush can be somewhat of a chore to find at your local target as it is always sold out (no surprise considering how amazing it is), so if you see one, I highly recommend you pick it up.

use this for my creme blush but want to get another one to try out foundation and TM. this is a great price!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This brush shed like crazy and I couldn't get it to quit. This is my third face brush from SK that shed really bad. Needless to say I'm done trying her face brushes. Also mine didn't feel nearly as soft as the display target has out.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Wonderful liquid foundation brush. Just love it. Beautifully made, and love the curved handle for grip. Buffs product right into the skin. Has lasted me over two years and still looks brand new.

I really like this.It's really soft, however the first time I used it, it felt a little prickly for some reason. and I noticed that the top was unevenly cut , there was a slight dent in the flattop. I guess it was just that one brush. Overall, still good.
I use it for a bunch of things, but mostly for my Maybelline Superstay foundation, and it gives me a very airbrushed application. this is awesome because I'm not a huge fan of the flat foundation brush. i also use this to apply my countour powder, works perfectly! it's funny because this brush was meant for creams, but i don't use it for creams. I love the look and feel of the brush. the packaging was a bit excessive. overall, i'd buy another if it came in a travel size.

Wonderful brush for both liquid foundation and cream blush. Bristles are dense, and provide an airbrushed finish. The only con is that it is sorta expensive, but with proper care, I am sure that it will last for a long time...

Popular Makeup Brushes