August 21, 2014 | 1877 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by AmyReneeWV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best liquid foundation makeup brush ever!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by synmyn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush has started me on a love affair with the Sonia Kashuk brush line. A couple of years ago, I saw these brushes at Target and passed on them because I didn't like the look of the black handles. I also was uncertain about the quality since they were an inexpensive "drugstore" brand. Then a couple of months ago, I stumbled on to the glowing reviews for this brush and decided to give it a try.

All I can say is, "Wow!" and eat humble pie. I will never again equate brush quality with price.

This brush is so soft that even my hypersensitive skin doesn't react regardless of how much I blend and rub. And you can't beat the versatility--it can be used for creams and powders with equally outstanding results.

I can't believe the quality for the price. This could easily sell for triple or quadruple the $15 suggested retail price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ameresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great brush. You can buff, smooth, and stipple with it. Well worth $15.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by cheriebee27

I absolutely LOVE this brush. I use MUFE F&B foundation, and after applying the foundation to my skin, I use this to smooth it out and blend any harsh lines. I also use it to apply my powder. It works fantastically. The bristles are thick and dense, but oh so soft. The handle is smooth and comfortable in the hand. I'd go as far as to say this is just as good as any MAC brush. I believe it's about $15, so you're definitely getting a lot of bang for your buck. I definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I actually have the natural fiber version of this brush (released with the Brush Couture collection, possibly limited edition?), but since they are the same brush in every other aspect (besides the insanely cute print on the Brush Couture brush) I'm writing the review here. I thought I would disclose this info though since my experience might not be consistent as far as shedding, washing, and feel issues.
With that out of the way, this is the perfect brush for applying either liquid/cream or powder foundation. I use it with both my CG Aquasmooth and my PF mineral (pressed) powder. Sometimes with the Aquasmooth I use a smaller, stiffer brush to apply in the nooks and crannies (inner corners of eyes, around the nose) because the SK is a bit too big and fluffy to deposit foundation in smaller areas, but I use the SK to blend/buff it all in, which it is actually perfect for.
It gives such an airbrushed look and it is incredibly soft. It makes applying foundation, a not very fun task, feel more luxurious. I really hate touching my face and I find the finish when using my fingers is kind of splotchy, so I'm glad I picked up this brush. It shed a few hairs the first time I used it but I experience this with a lot of brushes, and it has not shed since. I've washed it a few times now and it still retains its shape, density, and softness. I'm going to buy a few back-ups because this brush is truly multi-purpose!
(Tip: I find that moistening the brush by spritzing it with water or a face mist further helps the blending process)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 8:03:00 AM More reviews by anaghan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is pretty much THE perfect blush brush, especially for heavily pigmented blushes. I press into pan, pat on and then blend out with a traditional blush brush. I'm so so happy I decided to experiment with this before shelling out for the famous MAC 187 (or is it 147?).

I will probably buy another one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I never owned a foundation brush before this so i cant compare with any MAC brushes or anything. But this brush is very compact, so yes you get a heavier coverage when you use it to apply liquid foundation. The bristles are soft. Nothing really amazing but they are of good quaility. The handle is nice, looks cool too, and the brush does not shed. I find it difficult to clean for some reason but other than that, i use it everyday and i get the great coverage i need with limited streaks and stray hairs (from the brush :)) Good buy for 15$. and yes i got it at target.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by CocoChaneljeanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really like this brush it's so dense that it just gives you an airbrush look. it's the only brush i own from sonia kashuk. it kinda reminds me of my sigma f80 kabuki (i think thats what it's called) it buffs out any harsh lines from your foundation. i dont use it very much cause i have lots of brushes that i use but it is good and i would definitely recommend it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by moosie4154

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really really like this brush. I wear cream and liquid foundation and it really ramps up the coverage. The finish is almost flawless. My makeup routine goes much quicker. I'm cheap so spending $15 is kind of a lot but it was totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by sandra72779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in love with this brush. I own 6 of them. I use it to put on my foundation, and another for put powder. I can use it apply blush. I love love this brush. They do not shed, I wash my vigorously because my foundation is will get in there. They aren't expensive for such a high quality brush.