Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 9/6/2013 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Found this on a whim after using a bunch of samples a sephora SA gave me while I was trying to find a replacement for my NARS TM (which I absolutely love but with some hormonal changes that affected my facial oil production, could no longer use.) Initially tried just the original double wear which was... Ok... But felt like I was wearing foundation mixed with face mask. Needless to say I was very apprehensive about trying this, but boy was I wrong. Quickly turned into a full coverage, even textured holy grail. THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW: -I am about NC30 in Mac foundations and Alaska in Nars TM/Punjab in Sheer glow. That said, Nars and Mac can cater to a yellow undertone. This however is very neutral, so probably will be problematic to someone on a more pink or yellow undertone side of the scale. -Can cake up! With that said, moisturizer, primer (I like to use Laura Mercier or anything with an illuminating or dewy finish, as it makes this foundation look a little less one dimensional, pore filler on problem areas optional). Moreover, maybe wouldn't recommend for someone with completely dry skin. I don't find the need for a powder, either but I can see how someone might if they're going straight from work to evening settings. -I find that best method of application for full coverage (mild hyper-pigmentation as I am an avid picker of.. Well you know..) is a flat top kabuki brush. I use whatever generic brand brush I found at Marshall's one day, just make sure it's quality fibers. A damp beauty blender works beautifully at sheeting this out some as well. -Last tip (and one that I look to use for any foundation that melts beautifully into skin as the day passes.) I apply this at 7 am. It doesn't look as natural as I would like it to unless I do this following trick: blow dry your face once all but mascara and eye makeup is applied. Not for long 10-20 seconds on low heat light blow, to get everything properly acquainted on your face. Enjoy!

on 8/29/2013 9:45:00 AM

My skin is a neutral to yellow toned NC10-15 and Double Wear Light in Intensity 1.0 is actually a pretty good match although slightly (although not too noticeably) pink toned. The texture is thick and creamy and definitely not what I would call 'light'. This does have good coverage though and I don't need to wear an additional concealer on top to cover my dark circles.

I always wear high SPF sunscreen under makeup, and currently I am using PTR SPF 50 Sheer which is excessively shiny. When I apply the Double Wear on top, I get a very surprising but extremely welcome semi-matte finish. Any other foundation needs blotting with paper towels then powder applying to get the same finish. In this respect the Double Wear Light is perfect. The last thing I want in Florida's high humidity is layer after layer of powder on top of shiny sunscreen and shiny foundation.

I don't actually have anything bad to say about this foundation! I will update when I have used the whole tube and see if my opinion has changed. Speaking of the tube, it is really nice to have a foundation packaged in a lightweight tube that can be thrown in my bag rather than a chunky glass bottle. Basically, this product meets all my expectations for a foundation: Natural coverage (not too heavy or obvious-looking when applied), long lasting, matte or semi-matte finish, good packaging, easily available (no importing or ordering overseas), good price. So far so good!

on 8/27/2013 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has been my HG foundation for the past 2 years, especially during hot weather and sweaty events. I don't have a lot of problems with it, except it can be a little chalky when you put it on but it's fine as the day progresses. It will burn and will be harsh on your skin if you cover it over an open wound, like a popped pimple or if you have a rash (which you shouldn't even cover over in the first place). I'm really lucky to finally have found a shade that perfectly matches my skin. From my experience, it does rub off a little during the day but it's a great foundation overall.

on 8/18/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For all my girls over there with EXTREMELY, craziest ever oily skin, acne prone! I use this foundation in Intensity 1.0, pretty pale tone, no pink undertone (yay). It is very lightweight, doesn't clog pores, but also doesn't cover some redness and imperfections, you'll need corrector for them. Makes your skin look neat and clean, has a natural finish, but keeps it for many many hours! I had to blot only once midday. Even without blot, in 35 degrees Celsius, when I stood in front of the mirror after few hours, I looked neat! Not like a greasy freak. It's pricey, but hey, you pay for quality!

on 8/11/2013 9:23:00 PM

My second tube :) this is my HG foundation! I will always re-purchase whenever I run out. Thank you Estée Lauder

on 8/10/2013 3:41:00 AM

I really loved everything about this foundation, the only flaw is that they are all pink toned and my skin is really yellow. It lasts long, has medium to full coverage, doesn't look cakey, and is very light. It has a natural finish on me. I do get a bit oily after a few hours but nothing too bad. I'm very sad this doesn't come in a more yellow tone.

on 8/6/2013 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Sadly the lightest colour Intensity 1 was too dark for me. I can wear 1N2 Ecru in the normal Double Wear and it is a good colour for me (NW20). I wanted to try the lighter option as I find DW a little full on. However I cannot fault EL salespeople as they give generouse samples so you can try at home without shelling out for the whole bottle and being dissapointed. For this they still have me as a client

on 8/6/2013 7:00:00 PM

Excellent foundation. I frequently get compliments from people on my skin tone who refuse to believe I'm wearing foundation

on 8/5/2013 3:31:00 PM

I'am not sure about this makeup. Sometimes it looks good and other times not so good. Feels a bit heavy and too matte. Kinda looks like I have a mask on. Not very natural looking. I have combination skin so maybe this is better for those with really oily skin I don't know.
I guess I will keep trying to find the perfect foundation.

on 8/2/2013 12:14:00 AM

after 4 years of frantically hunting for the perfect foundation - i have FINALLY FOUND MY HOLY GRAIL. and i am elated that among high end foundations, estee lauder's double wear light is in an acceptable price range. my skin is combination, with a very oily t-zone, and a dry periphery - so i have oil and dry flakes at the same time. i live under a hot and humid climate, and i normally have to blot my face 4 times a day. finding a good foundation is esp troublesome for me because i usually need to wear makeup more than 12 hours a day - as much as i need one that has terrific staying power, it also cannot be too thick or else my face will oil up crazily.

in the past i have tried nearly every drugstore brand and a significant number of high end brands - dior, chanel, nars sheer glow, mac, benefit... which at most were OK for me but none of which i loved. before trying double wear light, i stuck to revlon's colorstay foundation for combo/oily skin as it had the best staying power, but i still had to blot 3 times a day. and it somewhat dried out the periphery of my face which was less oily.

ELDWL is. the. best. foundation. for. my. skin. first off it felt like nothing on my skin, yet the coverage it gave was fantastic. blurred out all my pores, concealed redness and acne. i wore it outdoors, sweat like a pig, forgot to bring my blotting powder. at the end of the day, my face still looked fresh. with NO SHINE. anddd none of my dry parts of my skin were accentuated. omg thank u estee lauder for this foundation.