December 22, 2014 | 1877 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by cristinezhang

Got this baby just today and tried it on my "still-angry face" (got it from allergy and worsened by BeneFit Hello Flawless Foundation) on the right part, on the left side i tried putting on MUFE Face and Body Foundation to compare these both stuffs.

It contains SPF! Great for an outing under the sun :D The thing is, foundations with spf tend to leave face feeling sticky even though it's liquid and it happens to this foundation. It's not that I hate it, just saying. It's got medium coverage, seems to be buildable and I haven't noticed any scent which is comfortable with my nose. Doesn't break me out, yet. I will update the review if I ever found something wrong with this product :D which I hope not.

This one comes with a squeeze-tube packaging, which I don't prefer cus it tends to make the product burst out everytime I open it, probably it's also due to the liquid texture. I don't really mind it. Gave the packaging a 4-stars, you know my problem.

Probably will repurchase it if my still-in-a-waiting candydoll makeup base and foundation don't work good with my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I find this foundation to be more of a tinted moisturizer type product, minus the moisture. The coverage is VERY light, in fact, barely noticeable, so I always need to use a concealer with it. I have it in the lightest shade and it is still too dark for me, but because the coverage is so incredibly sheer it doesn't really matter. It dries very quickly so you have to be sure to blend it right away. The finish is nice; satiny, almost matte. This can cling to dry patches. I'm glad I got this as a gift, because I would definitely not spend the money to buy it myself. It's not a terrible product, just not what I like, ideally.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my go-to foundation when I needed really good coverage. It really does that well. It's also the right amount of mattifying for my combo skin. It's got silica in it, which soaks up some oil for you.

My biggest problem with it was the color match. I have the lightest (1.0) shade but it's still too dark for my skin.

This gets a 4/10 for health on goodguide.com, and I'm on the prowl for a foundation to better suit my current needs: color match, better ingredients, lighter coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Naataliie

The palest shade was ridiculously too dark and orange-toned for my skin (I would say I'm probably around NW10, maybe paler). There's no way I'd be able to wear it without mixing it with my white foundation.

The coverage was great - covered my redness and acne scars well, and it did stay put without going shiny for around 6-7 hours (which is pretty incredible because my skin is really oily). After 12 hours though, my face did look oily and I would definitely need to fix it up. I also loved that I didn't need to re-do my makeup through the day because it stayed put.

I found this foundation broke me out though - I was so disappointed! I even made sure I removed it all at the end of the day and still no luck. Would be my HG if it didn't break me out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Brid1

Wanting something lighter than my usual doublewear for Summer I discovered this last week. It gives just enough coverage for the warmer weather and applies well with both brush and fingers. I opted for the lightest shade and it suits perfectly, I would usually wear cool bone in Doublewear. I put a light dusting of powder over the top and it doesn't look too matte as other reviewers have commented.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by leslie9487

Makes my skin look dry but I have normal skin with oily t zone. My bff commented that this foundation actually made my skin look worse!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Margie23a

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to wear Double Wear many years ago and loved it, but found it too drying for my skin in the winter, so I switched to something else. After seeing a raving review for this on a youtube blog called "Hot and Flashy" - which I highly recommend for anyone over 40 - I went to the Estee Lauder counter. The sales woman (I think she was the manager) matched the shade 02 to my skin -- which is very fair, but does have a lot of freckles. It was a perfect match. She cleaned my skin, applied a light moisturizer, and went to work on me. She applied the foundation with a brush and I could tell she was really slathering it on, but when I looked at myself in the hand held mirror she gave me, it looked great. She also told me if you use a brush to apply foundation, you will use a lot less than if you use your fingers. She advised me to exfoliate every night which would clear up some dry patches on my cheeks, and she gave me two samples of an exfoliating cleaner that I have been using and really like. So...then she applied the matte primer with a brush in various areas of my face on TOP of the foundation, which I found to be odd, but it worked. I don't know if she does this to everyone, but she said the products were meant to be mixed together if needed, at it looked great. Although my skin is dry, it felt great. I asked her about powder, and she lightly applied a moisturizing powder sparingly. After a little blush, I was ready to go. I ended up buying a kit that contained the primer, foundation, concealer, and a foundation brush. It was about $42 and I bought the powder as well. She threw in a sample of night serum. So then.....

I did what I call the true test. I got in my car, pulled down my mirror and looked at my face in natural light. WTF? My face looked good, but my chin looked like a cakey mess....just waaaay to much foundation. I was on my way to an after work meeting, and knew I could not go looking like this, so I wiped it off my chin, put on some of my L'Oreal powder that I had in my purse to try to even it out, and it fixed the problem. I think that although my sales lady was very knowledgeable about products for me, she was not exactly a makeup artist, and I don't begrudge her for that.

I have since worn the foundation by applying the primer first, and using a much lighter hand (literally -- I don't use the brush, I apply with my fingers) and it looks great. The staying power is about 7 or so hours, and is a nice light coverage. Today I am wearing the primer on my nose only (to hide some pores) and I just applied the foundation on the rest of my face without the primer. So far so good. I will update this if there are any issues. I am going to post a review of the primer separately because I did find (when I used it with my Cover Girl) it may not work with other products.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by GeorgiePorge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is now better than the new double wear. I really thought all my 'new double wear' problems would go away when they brought back the shade 'shell' but its just as bad as the other new shades. It's nothing like it used to be. So I tried double wear light. Has excellent staying power and gives a matte finish - finally! :) hasn't caused any breakouts and it feels good on my skin. Would recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by susiej

I've been wearing DW Light for a couple of weeks now because I really wanted to roadtest it properly before I submitted a review. Well, I am thrilled. I chose DW Light after a consultation at my local EL counter- I was colour matched to intensity 1.0 and headed off with my sample.

I am not really experienced with foundation. For all of my teenage years and most of my 20's so far I haven't needed any. All my memories of trying foundation have been bad. Admittedly we are going back about fifteen years but everything just seemed SO orange and so cakey and obvious. Not for me. But now in my late 20's I am experiencing hormonal acne and scarring in the chin area and I just cannot be confident about my skin without some form of coverage. And thus my foundation journey has begun!

To date I have stuck with drugstore brands, mainly out of fear of wasting my money. I have tried L'Oreal True Match, Revlon Colorstay, Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. EL DW Light puts them to shame.

The strangest thing about this foundation is that when I apply it, it always looks too dark, too greasy and too heavy. Yet given a couple of minutes to set, it is fabulous. The colour melts into my skin and looks so natural. I apply with fingers- distribute the foundation over the area I am covering and then pat in. I only apply to my problem areas - chin, nose and side of cheeks achieve an even skin tone. If there are blemishes still showing then I top up with concealer. I have found that using this product, this way can achieve really close to flawless results. (I also prep my skin using a moisturiser- Dead Sea Spa Magik Rich Moisturiser).

The colour Intensity 1 is an almost perfect shade for me. I say almost because I have quite yellow undertones (my skin is fair but at the darker end of 'fair') and the foundation does not. But somehow the colours of the product and my skin seem to mesh quite well together once it has set. I do have a hard time seeing how pale women with a typical fair British complexion will get away with it. I do know a few friends who can't wear this because the shades just don't run light enough.

The thing though that really makes DW Light a shining star is its lasting power- and ability to stay looking fresh hours after it was applied. This is where I really feel the drugstore formulas let me down. Whilst I was happy with them upon application, 6-8 hours later they looked crusty and faded. With DB Light I don't have this issue at all, in fact, I almost think it looks better the longer it is on! I don't need touch ups.

I suppose the only other thing to say is that when you wear such long lasting products on your skin you need to take a bit more time to cleanse properly when you are taking your makeup off. This is just a general point though and not really anything specific to this product.

So to summarise-
* Coverage medium/Natural finish (doesn't look like you have a face full of slap).
* Lasts and lasts
* Takes a minute or two to set and dry. Make sure you give it time before you judge.
* Lightest shade might be too dark if you are pale- get a sample! EL are generous with their samples!
* You'll need some additional concealing if you have blemishes/angry spots.
* Didn't cause any breakouts/skin sensitivity but make sure you remove it thoroughly at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by acnnacnn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation, I use shade 2 for my NC 25 skin tone and it matches perfectly as my second skin! I like double wear light rather than double wear because the light version looks much more natural, and not cakey as DW. I live in humid area so I use MAC blot powder to set the make up during summer, overall I have finished 3 tubes and I will def buy this again!!!

I just wish the spf can be improved someday since spf10 probably is not enough ...