December 20, 2014 | 1306 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Naturally Ageless Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2008 11:24:00 AM More reviews by LeanneMM

I've been using this serum for about two months now, and really love it! I have oily skin with large pores, but I usually only break out around that time of the month. I was worried, however, that this serum might be too oily for my skin, but it's not at all.

The serum has a medicinal/herbal scent that may be too strong for some people at first, but, after a couple of minutes, the scent not noticeable at all. (I happen to really like the scent.)

Since it's pretty thick, I use it only at night, and alternate it every other night with my prescription retinol cream. I usually apply this about 15 minutes before I go to bed so it has some time to sink in -- I use two drops to cover my face and undereye area, and two more drops to cover my neck and chest. The bottle it comes in in small, but it should last awhile, probably about six months or so at my current rate of use.

As another reviewer mentioned, it also doesn't leave any residue on my pillow case. When I wake in the morning after using this, my skin has a healthy glow and my fine wrinkles (I'm almost 37) are smoother and less noticeable. I'll definitely continue using this product!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by dmwfa

I think this is Burt's follow-up to the discontinued atar of rose serum (which I used to love), and it is quite comparable. It smells nice, kind of like an herbal shop. It moisturizes the skin beautifully without making it oily, and has helped a lot with the appearance of fine lines around my eyes. I'm not crazy about the bottle, simply because I accidentally knocked it over and lost half of the contents. And of course glass bottles and personal care are always a dangerous combination. That said, I'll still be buying it again when I run out because it works very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2008 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Danielle52

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am 52 years old. My skin is a combination of oily and dry at the same time and on top of that I have rosacea. It's the first time I use oil instead of cream and I love it. It helps a great deal with fine lines and it even helps soothe my rosacea ! After using prescription gels and creams, this simple serum does the trick ! Well of course it did not make it go away but I can see the difference. Only one con : it's very fragrant. It smells like lavender and although it goes away after a few minutes, it makes my eyes water a bit. I don't think I would apply this serum on my upper lids. I would be afraid it would get into my eyes. But other than that, for the price, I think it's a great product. One drop really goes a long way. I'm moving to Italy this summer and I want to bring a couple of bottles with me that's for sure !

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I am really lovin this. I have oily yet dehydrated skin with large pores. I'm not prone to breakouts at all, but my monster pores do clog fairly easily. I've been experimenting with oils with good success, trying them one at a time, then mixing those that seem to work best for hydration without clogging things up (rose & borage). Then while browsing at Walgreens I found this. It had all the oils in it that I had been having the most luck with, plus more that I had been thinking of adding. Perfect! $24.99 for .45 fl oz. Doesn't sound like a lot of product, but I've only been using about 8 drops/day so it will last a while. Comes in a little glass bottle with a crooked eye dropper. 2 drops warmed between fingers and massaged into face, 3 for neck/chest in the evenings. Morning I only put on chest/neck since my face can't handle this and my ss. It absorbs really well with no oily residue at all left behind. Not a smidgeon. No stains on the pillow case either. And I wake to smooth, radiant skin! My cheeks are rosy, my skin looks smooth and hydrated, fine lines are diminished, and my pores actually look smaller. My skin looks rested. The longer I use it (its only been about 2 weeks), the longer the hydration is lasting, even after washing my face in the morning with the usual Dermalogica Age Smart cleanser. So far it hasn't caused any (additional) clogging. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the scent. Its a pretty medicinal, sorta soapy eucalyptus type scent that lasts for a while but eventually fades. I'm growing used to it and am starting to find it sorta comforting so I'm not knocking off a lippie, but I can see how the scent may bother those who are sensitive. I just love the effect its having on my skin so much! Fingers/toes crossed it continues.

INGREDIENTS: Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Tritium Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Borago Officinale (Borage) Seed Oil, Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Citrus Auranitium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Rosa Damascena (Bulgarian Rose) Flower Oil, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavender) Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oil, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Beta Carotene, Vegetable Oil

34 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No