Ecotools bamboo eye shading brush

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/21/2008 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This brush is great for cream shadows or Paint Pots, but it is pretty useless for powder eyeshadow or pigments. For these you need a dense, fluffy brush. And this brush is definitely not that! So I'm rating it as average because of this, as I would not repurchase this to use as an eyeshadow brush. However, this brush is a perfect dupe for the MAC 249. I just recently bought a 249 to use to apply Paint Pots and I'm sort of kicking myself since this Ecotools brush is practically the same and so much cheaper. I hope Ecotools comes out with a "real" eyeshadow brush soon!

on 12/11/2008 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Not liking it at all. Not fluffy enough.

on 12/10/2008 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Soft, yet firm bristles. Does not deposit a lot of pigment, but still good. Bonus for being environmentally friendly.
***********************************************************************************************
Update
This brush is a bit of a pain to use now, its good for applying wet eyeshadows, but that about it.

on 11/25/2008 12:54:00 PM

very soft and makeup goes on smooth. i like it. it seems to pick up a good bit of color and applys it very evenly. would buy again and is only 5 bucks.

on 11/19/2008 8:14:00 PM

I bought this brush at first because it is environmentally friendly and then I fell in love with it because it is the best brush I have ever used!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Hmm at the moment im not very sure about this brush. Yes, it is very soft, environmentally friendly and good looking but it doesn't really pack on a lot of colour compared to one of my fluffier shadow brushes. This brush is flat and the bristles aren't fluffly enough for my shadows to actually show up on my lids.

UPDATE: I don't know if anyone else does this and it might sound silly, but I find myself reaching for this brush to apply my eyebrow powder :P I use this in conjunction with the eco tools lash/eyebrow groomer. It does a really good job as the brush is large and the tip is fine for quick application.

on 9/11/2008 1:44:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

more on this brush when I get a better idea if I really love it. So far, so good and the price is right.
Using as an all over shader that isnt too fluffy or flat liek some of the synthetic ones.
***************************************************
Update 10/06/08: Yeah...I'm not loving this brush. Neither flat or fluffy enough to get anything great out of it's use. Color doesnt seem to stick to the bristles. I may try it with cream products-however it's a bit fluffy for that-or as a stiff blending brush.

on 8/28/2008 7:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Fan-tas-tic!!! These brushes are so soft, and work so well I am shocked at the price!! I have the entire set of these brushes and I can say that they are not only very functional, but they hold up wonderfully! I have not had ONE STRAND come out when washing them. They do not retain smells like some brushes and they make applying makeup a breeze. If I find some more in my local store I will be buying some for my friends as gifts!!

on 7/5/2008 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

This is a great eyeshadow brush. It applies the eyeshadow in a build-able fashion and it is very easy to clean. It is also very soft against the lids. The Ecotools brushes are usually sold out, so if you can find one, buy it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

good stuff. quality handle, soft bristles.
although soft, the bristles are also quite dense and stiff enough to have precision when applying.
i love this line... it's so cheap so go out and get some!
i'm never going to buy my brushes anywhere else.. (except maybe from too faced, which are extremely similar)

Popular Makeup Brushes