July 23, 2014 | 1958 users online

Polishes - OPI - Yoga-Ta Get This Blue!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best vampy blue ever! I'd say the best blue, period, but Finger Paints Surf's Up is the best ever. There are some similarities between the two; they both have vibrant blue bases (surf's up is a jelly though) and both have turquoisey blue shimmer, (surf's up's is more like glitter). "yoga blue" is really vampy yet vibrant and still not so dark that you think it's black in low lighting. I don't see any metallic or frost finish, just a great vampy blue base with great shimmer to give you real depth and interest. This and Have You Seen My Limo are the only recent opi shimmer polishes that I love in every light. Big score and I might try to get a backup!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by catbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my first blue nail polish and I LOVE it!! It's a dark ink blue with little sparkles and a metallic look. If you like blue polish, you'll love this. I only needed 2 coats too. I'd definitely buy again :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 12:36:00 PM More reviews by ceeRennycee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Iím only giving this one a 2 as far as packaging quality because I loathe the pro wide brush. Itís a pain in the neck! I expect to have to do a little bit of cleanup after any polish change but this was ridiculous. Being that this brush was combined with the watery new formula, I had polish everywhere. And since this is such a dark color it was even harder to remove because it stained my skin a little. Maybe itís me and I just havenít mastered the technique yet but Iím to the point where I want to dump one of my least favorite OPIs just so I can use the old brush in all the colors with the pro wide. But enough about that. Moving on to the color.

WOW. I should mention first that I love anything blue. Iím a blue freak. So of course when I heard that OPI was including a blue in their new India collection I didnít even have to see pictures to know that I wanted it. But when I saw it in person? It was love at first sight. I was not disappointed. This color is just amazing and looks like no other color I own or have seen. Even indoors you can tell that this is blue. Some shades have to be seen in the sun in order for you to realize they arenít black and sometimes even then you have to really strain to see any sort of glimmer or depth. But this one is noticeably blue inside and outside? It is just stunning. I say again: WOW. Itís shimmery and gorgeous and has just the slightest hint of teal to really make it stand out. I intend to get a backup bottle or 2 of this because I know I will run through this one quickly. I do believe this is now my absolute favorite color. I got several compliments on it when I wore it, too.

I noticed that partway through my first day of wear I had a small chip, but only on the end of one nail. I generally change my color every day so I canít comment on the wear beyond one day. If you want to give it a little pizzazz, try two coats of this color with a layer or two of OPIís Text Me, Text You, or China Glazeís Fairy Dust. It makes it very sparkly and pretty. This combination reminds me a little of Essieís Starry Starry Night. So pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 8:28:00 AM More reviews by MICROMIN

This polish is from the 2008 India collection,

This is lovely blue with a blue shimmer throughout so it stays a true blue in direct sunlight. I was really impressed with the application; the first coat went on like magic and the second well it was like a dream! The polish was so glossy and pretty. I have to say its one of my fav blues; i love it more than Russian navy! I work with my hands so itís interesting to see how long polish lasts. I found this polish had great lasting ability, hardly any tip wear after 3 days! and I only removed this polish to change colour... otherwise I am sure it could easily lasted me for a week or more if I topped it up with top coat.

Very impressed and would buy this again... actually when I do I will buy a few more bottles... I would hate to run out of this baby!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by ParisXIII

Oh my.....I am a big fan of blue nail polish and this one has got to win some award for gorgeousness. It is a beautiful dark blue with a light blue/aqua shimmer. It is definitely my favorite from the India collection, and probably my favorite blue OPI to date.

I put it over 2 coats of NailTek RF Foundation II, Orly Bonder, and topped it with ChG Patent Leather topcoat and SV. It looks super, glossy, I've had minimal tip wear and definitely no chips.

Next time I place an OPI order I'll be getting 2 or 3 more of these as backups!

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No