November 20, 2014 | 1823 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been a faithful user of MAC's Eyebrows pencil in Spiked, a dark brown. I kept reading positive reviews about the Maybelline Define-A-Brow pencils so I had to check it out. I bought one in Medium Brown and it is fabulous. It's the same pencil mechanism as MAC's, but it has a little comb on the other end. And it's a fraction of the price of the MAC pencil. I'll continue to buy the Maybelline pencil as long as they continue to make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by cindaaxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this brow-filler. I am currently using dark brown, which stinks because they are discontinuing that color. But anyway, the point is pointed and stays pointed, and the color comes off very easily. It does fade a little throughout the day, but nevertheless its a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by jcdixon

Seriously? They are discontinuing dark brown and I just found this today? That really sucks for me. I have black hair and dark eyebrows and I really love this brow product. I really like a brow pencil that I don't have to sharpen. I also liked Almay's brow pencil but I like the waxy consistency of this better. And the dark brown color is perfect for me. I will be searching for any available dark brown pencils tomorrow before they're all gone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by mg321

Dark Brown is DISCONTINUED!

Per Maybelline's website, they suggest using their more expensive and way TOO WAXY; Eye Studio Master Shape Brow Pencil in deep brown, but itís not at all similar. It doesnít work well for oily skin and you canít re-apply it because it just smudges off the first layer.

HELP!!! Any know of an inexpensive ($10 or less) DARK BROWN eyebrow pencil that works just as well as Maybellineís?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Jessvolta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am really satisfied with define-a-brow. I only recently started filling in my brows because they're so light. I began by using MAC's eye brow pencil in lingering, however MAC's eye brow pencil only lasted me a month. I loved MAC's eye brow pencil, but to be honest, $16.00 for a brow pencil isn't affordable on a student's budget. After reading a few reviews, I purchased define-a-brow and it is a great dupe for MAC's brow pencil. Lingering is identical to dark blonde, and is priced at six dollars and change. It is easy to use, wonderful to fill-in my sparse brows and overall a worthy purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by roxyd562

This is my HG Brow product its dirt cheap I buy them bogo at ulta or riteaid. They remind me of the Anastasia Brow pencils I consider it a dupe. I use the medium brown its more of a dark brown. I love the fact that its not creamy the comb at the end is useless I would prefer a spooly at the end. I love this product so much I stocked up recently when they were buy 2 get 1 free at ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by laurenwil

I love this! It's my go-to brow pencil. I use this in addition to the NYX brow powder to fill my brows and I get so many compliments + probes on where I get them done. Unfortunately, I can hardly ever the shade I'd been using in stores now. What's up with that, Maybelline? I am especially fond of how pointed the "pencil" is, which allows for preciseness and the twist-up feature does away with the hassle of sharpening. Since I haven't been able to find this in stores, I've used two different brow pencils that have left me unsatisfied.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by katiek2012

I've been on the search for a good eyebrow pencil and i've heard many good things about this pencil, needless to say i'm extremely disappointed. It comes out in a very tiny amount, which is nice to define the brows. however, even to the lightest hand, the pencil part constantly breaks off or runs out, so you constantly need to twist it to get more. it also doesn't glide on very well. not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by mareeyah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Believe me when I say I have very sparse eyebrows, to the point where if I don't fill them in with a product I look like I don't have any at all (unfortunately, it's genetic for me). So finding a natural looking product is really important and crucial in my daily face routine, since it pretty much only consists of concealer and filling in my brows. I always opt for powder when I have time to perfect them, but for a quick touch up or for just simple every day errands, I will use a pencil. I was always a fan of MAC's eyebrow pencil in Spiked, so I was excited to hear that this is a dupe for it. For the most part, I'm content. I purchased mine at Target for about $5.50, and the color I chose was Medium Brown. I've read reviews that they discontinued the Dark Brown, which was disappointing because that was supposed to be the closest color match to Spiked. Nonetheless, I still purchased it and to my surprise, it's actually a close match. In comparison to the Rimmel Eye Brow pencil, this is a better quality eye brow product. The pencil has a wax consistency which is crucial to me considering I don't have much hair to cover up imperfections in application. Wax pencils tend to apply the best, in my opinion. I have really dark brown, almost straight black hair, and the medium brown works just fine for me. I actually use MAC's Concrete (light handedly) or Brun when I opt for powders, and the medium brown blends really well with these two colors. As far as the claim to be waterproof? I can beg to differ. I applied the product before going to the gym, and it did not hold up after all the sweat and patting I did with my towel (I made sure to pat to avoid completely wiping my eyebrows off. Haha.) That was a little disappointing, but I think it was a far fetched claim regardless considering even the MAC or Rimmel pencils didn't hold up either, and were actually quite worse as far as longevity and being sweat resistant. Twisting the product can be difficult, I don't know why. Cheap packaging? And the comb on the end? They should just eliminate that all together. Better yet, replace it with a spooly(?)! Overall, I'm a happy camper. I recommend it if you're looking for a cheaper alternative to MAC's eyebrow pencils, or any to say the least.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

this one lasts long, easy to apply, color looks natural and soft, and inexpensive ! what more I can ask? I prefer this one to Mac brow pencil.. I bought 'medium brown' color. I really like this.