September 19, 2014 | 1906 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by roxyd562

This is my HG Brow product its dirt cheap I buy them bogo at ulta or riteaid. They remind me of the Anastasia Brow pencils I consider it a dupe. I use the medium brown its more of a dark brown. I love the fact that its not creamy the comb at the end is useless I would prefer a spooly at the end. I love this product so much I stocked up recently when they were buy 2 get 1 free at ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by laurenwil

I love this! It's my go-to brow pencil. I use this in addition to the NYX brow powder to fill my brows and I get so many compliments + probes on where I get them done. Unfortunately, I can hardly ever the shade I'd been using in stores now. What's up with that, Maybelline? I am especially fond of how pointed the "pencil" is, which allows for preciseness and the twist-up feature does away with the hassle of sharpening. Since I haven't been able to find this in stores, I've used two different brow pencils that have left me unsatisfied.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by katiek2012

I've been on the search for a good eyebrow pencil and i've heard many good things about this pencil, needless to say i'm extremely disappointed. It comes out in a very tiny amount, which is nice to define the brows. however, even to the lightest hand, the pencil part constantly breaks off or runs out, so you constantly need to twist it to get more. it also doesn't glide on very well. not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by mareeyah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Believe me when I say I have very sparse eyebrows, to the point where if I don't fill them in with a product I look like I don't have any at all (unfortunately, it's genetic for me). So finding a natural looking product is really important and crucial in my daily face routine, since it pretty much only consists of concealer and filling in my brows. I always opt for powder when I have time to perfect them, but for a quick touch up or for just simple every day errands, I will use a pencil. I was always a fan of MAC's eyebrow pencil in Spiked, so I was excited to hear that this is a dupe for it. For the most part, I'm content. I purchased mine at Target for about $5.50, and the color I chose was Medium Brown. I've read reviews that they discontinued the Dark Brown, which was disappointing because that was supposed to be the closest color match to Spiked. Nonetheless, I still purchased it and to my surprise, it's actually a close match. In comparison to the Rimmel Eye Brow pencil, this is a better quality eye brow product. The pencil has a wax consistency which is crucial to me considering I don't have much hair to cover up imperfections in application. Wax pencils tend to apply the best, in my opinion. I have really dark brown, almost straight black hair, and the medium brown works just fine for me. I actually use MAC's Concrete (light handedly) or Brun when I opt for powders, and the medium brown blends really well with these two colors. As far as the claim to be waterproof? I can beg to differ. I applied the product before going to the gym, and it did not hold up after all the sweat and patting I did with my towel (I made sure to pat to avoid completely wiping my eyebrows off. Haha.) That was a little disappointing, but I think it was a far fetched claim regardless considering even the MAC or Rimmel pencils didn't hold up either, and were actually quite worse as far as longevity and being sweat resistant. Twisting the product can be difficult, I don't know why. Cheap packaging? And the comb on the end? They should just eliminate that all together. Better yet, replace it with a spooly(?)! Overall, I'm a happy camper. I recommend it if you're looking for a cheaper alternative to MAC's eyebrow pencils, or any to say the least.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

this one lasts long, easy to apply, color looks natural and soft, and inexpensive ! what more I can ask? I prefer this one to Mac brow pencil.. I bought 'medium brown' color. I really like this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by lindsabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved this product at first. It is really great at making the fill in on my brows look natural. However, the product broke off VERY easily. I would barely press down and it would break off so I would have to twist up. This morning I discovered that it does not twist up anymore. I have had this product for two weeks. I thought it was out already, but I read a lot of reviews that said the mechanical part breaks on the inside, making it seem like it is out of product. Regardless, it is a huge waste of product and money. Back to eyeshadow I guess!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my two favourite brow pencils. It may actually be my top favourite but I alternate it with the Revlon ColorStay Brow Enhancer.

This pencil comes with a comb on one side to blend the pencil and groom the brows once you have applied it. The look is very natural and it is fast and easy to apply. You never have to sharpen it because it is a very fine tipped automatic pencil. However, because you need to blend with the comb, it does take a little longer. If I have the time, I use this for the most filled in, natural looking brow. I realize it's just a convenience to have the comb on one end rather than using a regular pencil and a separate brow comb, but it works for me because of the convenience.

I have medium brown hair and the colour I use is Dark Blonde. It is the lightest available shade. The medium brown shade I tried once was actually too dark and would suit someone with darker hair or wanting a darker brow.

I have bought several of these already since I started using them a few years ago, and I will continue to buy them until they are discontinued (which always happens eventually).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by piggytoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

The best!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by glossnglitter

This pencil changed my life! And my face! I am half filipino and have barely there eyebrows that I have to do some major shaping to. I always struggled with filling them in so I don't look like a chola gang banger and also enough so they look clean and shaped. I saw Define a Brow reviewed on youtube and ran out to try it. I had trouble finding brown anywhere but thankfully Target had some in stock. I LOVE this pencil!! I use it to shape and fill in, it's super fast and even when I'm in a hurry or not so brighteyed in the morning, it never fails.It's actually lasted a while I've yet to finish my first one and I use it pretty often. I top it off with a bit of maybelline brow powder to matte it out a little more but really the pencil is just perfect. I ran out and bought 3 more sent 2 to my mom who loves it too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by MelissaD2283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will openly admit that I am an "Eyebrow freak" Its my favorite part of doing my makeup...I dont have sparse brows but I do need to fill in here and there; and this pencil is perfect for that. The colors that I use are the medium brown and I can get away with the dark brown if I use it lightly, but I prefer the medium brown. This pencil (for me) has the perfect rigidity for me b/c theres nothing worse than a soft e/b pencil. The colors are extremely natural on and I really enjoy them. This product is definitely my new fave, not to mention they're always on sale at the drugstore :)