November 26, 2014 | 1877 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Taylorbohn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The oily texture did not work with my oily lids and left my eye makeup muddy after a few hours. Not for oily lids!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by britthud

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In my experience, I find that this product does everything it claims to do. It prevents creasing, smudging, and helps with oiliness, which I struggle with on my eyelids. It's really soft when applied, and also helps with my eyelid redness (I don't apply foundation on my eyelids, but rather this only and it's no problem). I love that it comes in a squeeze tube. The only downside is the price. I don't wear eyeshadow everyday, so it's not a huge deal for me, but for those who wear it everyday, replacement may become an issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Never used an eye primer before. My eyelids are neither dry nor oily. I apply a small amount directly to my bare skin on entire lid, from lashes to brow, then let dry before applying shadows. Very easy to spread on. No fading or moving. My pencil eyeliner also stays put, but I do go over my liner with shadow as well. I've used this product with both Too Faced shadows & Lancôme Shadows, along with a variety of eyeliners; Smash box, Almay, NYC & Wet n Wild. I would recommend this to anyone who is having difficulty with their shadows staying in place & full of color for the day as I am very pleased with this purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by caithni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This did not work for me and I did try - I really wanted it to work, it was pricey enough! And I was looking forward to smudge-free eye makeup which you really need even more as you get older ... Also tried Nars Pro Prime Eyeshadow Base and it didnt work for me either. Started to think it was just me, but am now trying out Stila Prime Pot and hopefully that will work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Green_Tea

Good solid primer. Does what it's suppose to. Best point is that it comes in an opaque squeeze tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Nagomimakuri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Prior to buying this, I had been using Urban Decay's primer potion over the last year, although I never really found that UDPP helped my eye makeup stay in place. No matter how much eye makeup I used, be it for a simple day look or for a heavier night out, my greasy lids would cause any eye makeup on my top lids to smudge onto my bottom eye area, leaving me with an unpleasant dark eyed raccoon look. I decided to try Too Faced Shadow Insurance after reading some comparison reviews between the two products. I noticed a HUGE improvement over the staying power of my eye makeup, which did not smudge or transfer to my lower eye area! What was more surprising was that incidentally I had gotten a little emotional one evening and after wiping away tears that ran down my face, I was still amazed that my eye makeup did not budge!! The key is to apply only a thin layer of the product evenly over the eyelids and allow for the product to dry first before applying any eye makeup. I noticed that if I try to apply my eye makeup too early, that I do get some initial creasing of the makeup. For now though, TFSI is my new go-to eye shadow primer!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

I do like this product - it helps shadows stay on, makes them crease resistant, etc. But, I have the same feelings about this as I do about UD's Primer Potion. Both do their jobs well but both are also overpriced for doing the same thing a lot of other cheaper eye primers do. I just can't really justify the price(It's 20$ for a tube) for doing the same exact thing that the NYX eye primer does for 15$ more. I do like the packaging though - it's a squeeze tube which makes it more hygienic to use on other people than a doe foot applicator is. Overall, I like this but it isn't anything amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I would recommend this, over UD Potion, for oily lids. The texture is drier but still adhesive enough for shadow to stay on. I have not experienced any wearing off of eyeshadow while wearing this, even on my oiliest days. I like that the tube is very hygenic and you don't have to dip fingers in anything. One star was taken off due to the poor concentration of product in the tube. The oil (or whatever it is) seems to separate from the powdery particles, and you have to shake the tube hard or squeeze through it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by sandy98uk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product. I have been using it for a few years now (not the same tube I hasten to add but it does last a long time!). I have found no other eye shadow primer that works as well as this - my eye shadow doesn't shift all day long. Only a small amount is needed which is why a tube lasts so long.

At £17 it always feels expensive for such a small part of your makeup routine but when you consider the cost per use it works out good value. I have tried to buy it cheaper on ebay etc but have ended up with fake product so beware! The fake one I received was a whiter, stickier consistency. If the price is too good to be true then it probably is.

Occasionally I find the ingrediants can 'separate' but I just lightly squeeze/manipulate the tube a few times (with the lid on) to 'mix' it back up again.

Suffice it to say, this is an essential part of my makreup routine every day - even on days when I cut corners and use less products to speed things up I struggle to not use this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by ceciliadinh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this primer but I couldn't. Ironically this made my eyeshadow crease even more. The tube makes it really hard to squeeze out the product. Maybe it was just my tube. Needless to say.. I will be returning this product.