April 16, 2014 | 979 users online

Powder - Mary Kay - Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp14326

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is not as good as it claims to be. I bought it in hopes that it would make my skin appear even and flawless without looking made-up. It didn't hide my flaws, and even though I bought the lightest shade, it was still too dark for me. It is too expensive to not work. I won't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 4:11:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this but after a few weeks, my pores are super clogged. I've tried upping my exfoliating routine but it doesn't help. I've stopped using this for a few weeks and my skin was fine...went back to using it and same thing. This looks natural and lasts most of the day but after I use this up (if I ever use it up), I will not repurchase because of the clogged pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2008 6:12:00 PM More reviews by sarahgunn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product!!! ive been using it for months now and haven't encountered any allergic reaction like some of the other ladies. Since using this product i haven't been getting any zits, only an occasional one here and there but thats it! Its a little annoying to have to pour the product into the lid. I always get it on the counter. Other than that i really like the results that it gives me. You can really manipulate the coverage that you want by applying more or less depending on your mood. Overall i am satisfied except the brush that it comes with. I don't know if anyone else has encountered this problem but the bristles keep falling out. Maybe its time for a new one...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Fuquaylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried a lot of mineral foundations - Bare Minerals, Pur Minerals, MAC to name a few and was pleasantly surprised with this one. It applies evenly with a kabuki brush, provides great coverage, and does not turn shiny at the end of the day. It does not make my face itch like BE occasionally does, nor does it make it feel dry or tight. I have heard that this is not a true mineral foundation, but if you are looking for a powder based foundation this is a nice one. I have the Ivory 2 shade (In MAC I wear NW20) and it blends perfectly and does not change shades as the day goes on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 4:03:00 PM More reviews by rocyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love.

I had purchased three other brands of mineral foundation prior to finding this one. Two of the three were all natural pure mineral products, which sounded great - unfortunately, they also didn't work well for me. They didn't apply very evenly and didn't give enough coverage. The other (big name) mineral product I tried had bismuth and made my skin itchy).

I tried this product with my own makeup brush and then the MK foundation brush. Seems to make a big difference to use their brush - I think maybe it has something to do with the shape.

It is very important that your face be 100% dry before you put this on, so if you use moisturizer or other products, wait ten minutes or so for it to sink in (I dry my hair while I wait). If there is any dampness, it doesn't blend properly.

Can get messy. Personally, I tap a tiny bit into the lid and swirl the brush around in there instead of in the product container itself - that prevents the powder from making a big mess.

Start with a little, and if you need more coverage (like I do when I want to cover redness), simply add more. I prefer to apply in small circles.

Very pleased - more coverage than my tinted moisturizer but not as heavy or as annoying to apply as my liquid foundation (which I have retired). Natural looking, lasts all day and appeals to my lazy side which can't be bothered to spend more than five minutes doing my face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mary Kay could have had a winner here with this product, but somehow managed to pull defeat from the jaws of success. Having used Mary Kay products off and on over the years, I have only had rare allergic reactions. And for a number of years I have used powder mineral foundations with no reactions. So I bought the Mary Kay version of mineral foundations. After 3 days my skin was majorly annoyed. And after looking at the long list of ingredients I was appalled. What's all of this "stuff" in a simple mineral makeup product? What were they thinking? Do yourself a favor and skip this stuff if you are looking for a pure non-junked-up mineral powder makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by chickatthegym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My mom is a MK consultant and gave me one of these to try. It makes a HUGE mess everytime I use it (the powder flies EVERYWHERE!) The coverage is nice because you can build it up if you want more. But the shade is now too dark come fall and it's not blendable at all so I won't be able to use it til I get tanner again. I wouldn't buy it again, but I know some people really like it. My mom really likes it because she never goes out in the sun so she's always one shade lol. And has has great skin so she doesn't need much coverage and only uses a tiny bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2008 11:32:00 AM More reviews by aggiejos

I am a MK consultant and can't use this product. I broke out really bad after using this item and it was the only different I had used. That was in May or June and my face is just now getting better! I did like the way it went on and the way it looked but I just can't use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2008 10:53:00 AM More reviews by MrsRemo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very nice foundation. Leaves a soft airbrushed look. Great staying power. I live in San Antonio, and it is between 96 and 100 most days between May and October. My makeup usually melts off if I have to be outside for more than 30 seconds, but this stuff stays put. I set it with the MK loose powder. Great stuff. New HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by heycutie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this product. It gives me a totally flawless complexion. I get so many compliments on my skin when I wear this. It makes my face look airbrushed. Sometimes my skin will get a little bit oily by the time school is over, so if I am going somewhere I retouch it with the Mary Kay silky loose powder and my face looks great again.