Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Dimethicone , Boron Nitride , Zeolite , Methylparaben , Sorbic Acid , Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer , Propylparaben , Tetrasodium EDTA , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , BHT , Iron Oxides , Mica

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

works good when overtop of foundation but i see really no great covering power without some coverage already present underneath. works good when paired with mk foundation. i feel the same about this as the mk foundation though, its reliable, but im left wanting a bit. also, i question whether this stuff breaks me out. i dont really think it does but i do think that i need to be extra careful with my skin (eg drink lots of water! wash and tone appropriately) when wearing it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this ever since it came out, I believe in December of 2007. I really like it but at the same time I am always looking for something new and better. It has never broken me out and it looks really natural and is easy to apply. I don't like the brush that came with it though. I use Trish Mcevoy's "The Point" brush, it's small, precise and you don't waste powder like you would when using a bigger brush. I have oily skin and I still have to blot a few times a day but this mineral powder works better than most. I have tried Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden, BE, my latest is MAC Studio Fix which broke me out imediately when I tried it.

It doesn't have really heavy coverage, I would say pretty moderate but I have several steps to my beauty regiment. I use Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel, followed by their redness relief protective base, Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer and then the mineral powder and bronzer to top it off. I am trying to use a better primer so the powder stays, Proactive Sheer Finish Mattifying Gel and MAC Prep+Prime Face Protect SPF 50 are the ones I am alternating to see which has the best result. I have huge pores and this does not accentuate them at all, in fact I think it makes them look much smaller, unlike Mac Studio Fix. I don't like feeling of liquid foundation so this is the best mineral powder I have found for oily skin/large pores. Ivory 2 works best for me and I am NW20 in MAC. Ivory 2 isn't too yellow or orange on me and doesn't oxidize.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This one was one case of love at first sight(or first application) that just did not last. Loved almost everything about this product. coverage was wonderful: moderate but natural looking in many lights, lol. Beige 2 color was almost perfect and you could only barely see the ashy sheen it had to it if you starred too long. Lasted through almost half the day. There were lots of 'almost' with this foundation, but I could deal with almost perfect. It almost didn't break me after one week of daily use. I can deal with all the other qualms, but not breakouts. As soon as I learned the culprit of the (then)latest breakout, back it went.

I switch from Bare Minerals to Mary Kay's mineral powder and I'm very satisfied. My skin has a tendency to get really oily throughout the day, something the Bare Minerals didn't help with at all, but MK's minerals really does well with keep the "shine" at bay. Also, I have fair skin and MK's Ivory 001 matches my skin perfectly, whereas I always had trouble findind a BM foundation to match my skin tone. The only bad thing about MK's minerals is that you have to build up the coverage more, moreso than BM for example.

Overall, I really do like this product. It looks natural and give me the appearance of beautiful skin, rather than a cakey hott-mess.

I had major problems with this product. I tried it several times over a period of a month, all with the same reaction. My face actually hurt everytime I put it on, and I did not find the coverage to look natural. It actually accentuated my pores.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is definitely one of my biggest regrets. It made me breakout after about 2 weeks of use...i loved the coverage and how it went on though. However, my skin did not adapt to it at all since my cheek had some blemishes due to it which took a realllllyyyy long time to go away (they finally did thanx to purpose bar soap/cleanser) but anyway I wouldn't recommend this product or ever buy it again, especially since it's also so messy.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't think this is the worst mineral foundation but its not awesome either. First of all the colors aren't that great of a match. I am a true medium and Beige 1 is too dark, even if I try to lightly blend its still not a good color on me to get the coverage I want. Then Ivory 2 is too light. So I mix both to get my color. I try to do like BE and slowly build coverage but once I have medium coverage my skin feels dirty and dry. Even if I moisturize well it still feels dry and heavy. I'm glad this works for some, but doesn't for my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is not as good as it claims to be. I bought it in hopes that it would make my skin appear even and flawless without looking made-up. It didn't hide my flaws, and even though I bought the lightest shade, it was still too dark for me. It is too expensive to not work. I won't buy it again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I like this but after a few weeks, my pores are super clogged. I've tried upping my exfoliating routine but it doesn't help. I've stopped using this for a few weeks and my skin was fine...went back to using it and same thing. This looks natural and lasts most of the day but after I use this up (if I ever use it up), I will not repurchase because of the clogged pores.

I love this product!!! ive been using it for months now and haven't encountered any allergic reaction like some of the other ladies. Since using this product i haven't been getting any zits, only an occasional one here and there but thats it! Its a little annoying to have to pour the product into the lid. I always get it on the counter. Other than that i really like the results that it gives me. You can really manipulate the coverage that you want by applying more or less depending on your mood. Overall i am satisfied except the brush that it comes with. I don't know if anyone else has encountered this problem but the bristles keep falling out. Maybe its time for a new one...