St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient Salicylic Acid 2% Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Hydroxide, Menthyl Lactate, PEG-150 Distearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenethyl Alcohol, Limonene, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Linalool, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascorphyllum Nodosum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract (Faex, Extrait De Levure), Green 5 (Ci 61570), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Red 4 (Ci 14700), Red 33 (Ci 17200), Blue 1 (Ci 42090).

on 7/11/2010 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was really excited to try this, but when I read the ingredients, I got a little worried. The second ingredient is Sodium Laureth Sulfate. I've never had SLS in my facewash before (I don't care if it's in my shampoo; too much work to find one that doesn't have it, plus not many shampoo's work with my hair... ANYWAY), so I was a little skeptical. When I used it (one pump was enough for me. Speaking of which, love that there is a pump & it can lock, but the pump isn't long enough to pump it straight up, or the product might run down the side), it foamed up A LOT (obviously, with the SLS), to where it was annoying. I've used foaming facewashes before (I usually use cleansers that don't foam, but works into a lather instead), but the foam on this was annoying and even burned my eyes. While rinsing, my face felt smooth, but after I dried my face it felt tight. One night it even burned, and I don't have sensitive skin. I wasn't expecting for my acne to clear up so quickly, but I was expecting a little difference. No redness relief, no progress on the (horrible, I-don't-know-where-they-came-from) bumps on my face. After three uses, I just returned it today. I'm disappointed, but that teaches me from straying from Neutrogena (again), so back to Neutrogena I go.

on 7/10/2010 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

***I would give this product a 3.5 if I could.***

I bought this at CVS for about 3 bucks! I was choosing between this and the st. ives olive cleanser. The packaging is interesting...I don't like the pump...the snout of the pump is too short! Anyways, the cleanser is kinda basic. It didn't help w/ acne...but i dont have a lot to begin with. I dont this i broke out from this product. It doesnt make my face feel super clean, but i would recommend to try it out when its on sale. I wouldnt pay full price for this product tho.

on 7/9/2010 6:23:00 PM

This product did control my oily skin, leaving it matte for most of the day. I'm still breaking out here and there occasionally so I cant say that it cleared my skin. At most, I'm breaking out less but the shine control made it a plus since my skin gets oily easily with a lot of products. The only reason I won't repurchase this product is because I believe there is a product out there that is better for my skin.

on 6/30/2010 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Bought this at CVS for about $6. You get a lot of product for the price. Packaging is also very nice. The pump twists and it locks so if your traveling it wont spill and get all over the place. The scent doesn't bother me. It smells really clean and realxing. This is my main facewash at night before I go to bed. It is medicated with salicylic acid which I prefer, and lathers very nicely. I used to use Clinique Acne Solutions but my face improved and I didn't want to spend all that money anymore. So I took the risk and got this. I feel like it's doing the same job but for a fraction of the cost.

10/14/10 EDIT: I am no longer using this face wash. I used it for about 4 months. My skin began to breakout bad and i'm assuming this was one of the products that was contributing to the breakouts. I stopped using this and now using products that are more simple. No dyes, ingredients that make your face "tingle" or products with a scent. I'm hoping that'll help. I think one of the issues I was having was that I was over medicating my face. Salicylic acid was in my face wash, toner and lotion. Also I was spot treating with benzol peroxide. Now the only medicated products i'm using are my toner and spot treatment. Let's see how that goes. Wish me luck!

on 6/22/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lately adult acne is seriously taking over my skin. Gosh it's so frustrating. Anyway, no matter what I try it does not work. So after buying all the expensive stuff I went back to ds products thinking it can't get any harm. I actually like this cleanser. It smells good, it feels super soft and soothing on my skin and it leaves a cooling effect after it's washed off and does not leave my skin feeling dry or stripped. Maybe, just maybe my skin is looking a tad bit better. I cannot say for sure if it's this cleanser or not. I also like the pump, it gives the perfect amount for me with 2 squirts and it can also lock for travel. I will buy this product again.

on 6/21/2010 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm disappointed by this product. I love the smell, the bottle, the fact it doesn't over-dry, and that St. Ives doesn't test on animals. But I bought it a couple of weeks ago, and have noticed my skin is definitely not clearing up - if anything, it's getting worse. I bought astringent today (which I don't normally use) and applied it after washing with St. Ive's Naturally Clear...there was SO MUCH foundation left on the cotton ball! In short, this cleanser does a poor job and I don't recommend it for people who want a genuine clean.

on 6/13/2010 5:01:00 PM

Omg this stuff is a miracle.
It cleared out all of my breakouts that I got from the Clinique 3 Step Skin care system and I could tell my face got more glowy.
Would definitely recommend this <3 5 STARS

8/9/10

Okay so I've been using this for quite awhile maybe like 3 months and the first month I had great results. After awhile though I noticed that I was breaking out again. Thinking that this would cure the breakouts, I kept using this for about 2 months and it made no change whatsoever. I think my skin became immune to this product. It's okay but I wouldn't buy this again.

I really enjoy the St. Ives exfloliator for blemish and blackhead control so I thought I would enjoy this green tea cleanser too. Turns out, I hate this cleanser. It did not remove dirt or some of the makeup. It smells so much like medicated alcohols. I was not happy with this product and will not repurchase again. I believe it was around five to six dollars, it is not worth the money.

on 6/3/2010 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE THIS!! :)
I've only been using it for a few days, and now my skin looks amazing! my forhead really cleared up right away, and it took a few days, but the redness around my chin area has been reduced. Plus, the pump squirts out the perfect amount to use (not too much, like most cleansers do), the bottle gives you a good amount for the relatively cheap price, and it isn't that drying. I do have to moisurize, but it's far less drying then, say, the Neutrogena Deep Clean Nightly Cleanser, which is nice considering that this is an acne wash with salylic acid.

on 6/2/2010 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this product!! I was looking for something that would help with my occassional acne and redness and this did the job. After just one use I noticed that any redness I had from irritation is gone. This product also does a good job at clearing up any whiteheads I had.

You can use this product as a makeup remover, but it doesn't remove ALL of your mascara so you will need to use something before or after.

$3.50 at Kmart.