December 22, 2014 | 1711 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by michellevo

***I would give this product a 3.5 if I could.***

I bought this at CVS for about 3 bucks! I was choosing between this and the st. ives olive cleanser. The packaging is interesting...I don't like the pump...the snout of the pump is too short! Anyways, the cleanser is kinda basic. It didn't help w/ acne...but i dont have a lot to begin with. I dont this i broke out from this product. It doesnt make my face feel super clean, but i would recommend to try it out when its on sale. I wouldnt pay full price for this product tho.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by starsdotu

This product did control my oily skin, leaving it matte for most of the day. I'm still breaking out here and there occasionally so I cant say that it cleared my skin. At most, I'm breaking out less but the shine control made it a plus since my skin gets oily easily with a lot of products. The only reason I won't repurchase this product is because I believe there is a product out there that is better for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

Bought this at CVS for about $6. You get a lot of product for the price. Packaging is also very nice. The pump twists and it locks so if your traveling it wont spill and get all over the place. The scent doesn't bother me. It smells really clean and realxing. This is my main facewash at night before I go to bed. It is medicated with salicylic acid which I prefer, and lathers very nicely. I used to use Clinique Acne Solutions but my face improved and I didn't want to spend all that money anymore. So I took the risk and got this. I feel like it's doing the same job but for a fraction of the cost.

10/14/10 EDIT: I am no longer using this face wash. I used it for about 4 months. My skin began to breakout bad and i'm assuming this was one of the products that was contributing to the breakouts. I stopped using this and now using products that are more simple. No dyes, ingredients that make your face "tingle" or products with a scent. I'm hoping that'll help. I think one of the issues I was having was that I was over medicating my face. Salicylic acid was in my face wash, toner and lotion. Also I was spot treating with benzol peroxide. Now the only medicated products i'm using are my toner and spot treatment. Let's see how that goes. Wish me luck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by carrasco

Lately adult acne is seriously taking over my skin. Gosh it's so frustrating. Anyway, no matter what I try it does not work. So after buying all the expensive stuff I went back to ds products thinking it can't get any harm. I actually like this cleanser. It smells good, it feels super soft and soothing on my skin and it leaves a cooling effect after it's washed off and does not leave my skin feeling dry or stripped. Maybe, just maybe my skin is looking a tad bit better. I cannot say for sure if it's this cleanser or not. I also like the pump, it gives the perfect amount for me with 2 squirts and it can also lock for travel. I will buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by sexygirl999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm disappointed by this product. I love the smell, the bottle, the fact it doesn't over-dry, and that St. Ives doesn't test on animals. But I bought it a couple of weeks ago, and have noticed my skin is definitely not clearing up - if anything, it's getting worse. I bought astringent today (which I don't normally use) and applied it after washing with St. Ive's Naturally Clear...there was SO MUCH foundation left on the cotton ball! In short, this cleanser does a poor job and I don't recommend it for people who want a genuine clean.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by asiandumbo8D

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Omg this stuff is a miracle.
It cleared out all of my breakouts that I got from the Clinique 3 Step Skin care system and I could tell my face got more glowy.
Would definitely recommend this <3 5 STARS

8/9/10

Okay so I've been using this for quite awhile maybe like 3 months and the first month I had great results. After awhile though I noticed that I was breaking out again. Thinking that this would cure the breakouts, I kept using this for about 2 months and it made no change whatsoever. I think my skin became immune to this product. It's okay but I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by heartmakeupbebe

I really enjoy the St. Ives exfloliator for blemish and blackhead control so I thought I would enjoy this green tea cleanser too. Turns out, I hate this cleanser. It did not remove dirt or some of the makeup. It smells so much like medicated alcohols. I was not happy with this product and will not repurchase again. I believe it was around five to six dollars, it is not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by shopping341

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS!! :)
I've only been using it for a few days, and now my skin looks amazing! my forhead really cleared up right away, and it took a few days, but the redness around my chin area has been reduced. Plus, the pump squirts out the perfect amount to use (not too much, like most cleansers do), the bottle gives you a good amount for the relatively cheap price, and it isn't that drying. I do have to moisurize, but it's far less drying then, say, the Neutrogena Deep Clean Nightly Cleanser, which is nice considering that this is an acne wash with salylic acid.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Tammy425

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this product!! I was looking for something that would help with my occassional acne and redness and this did the job. After just one use I noticed that any redness I had from irritation is gone. This product also does a good job at clearing up any whiteheads I had.

You can use this product as a makeup remover, but it doesn't remove ALL of your mascara so you will need to use something before or after.

$3.50 at Kmart.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by NaturallyCate

I love st. Ives apricot scrub so i was excited to try this, but it left me disappointed. The first i noticed is the smell. It is delicious! But at the same time i felt like it was a little too good; its almost a little candy-ish... The consistency is nice, sort of a thin gel type, and it has a nice green tint, however it did the opposite of what it says- at least for me. It says it will help reduce redness but for me, after a few uses, it actually caused redness. Immediately after washing, my face would sometimes start to break out into (mild) red splotches, enough to make my makeup look a little funny. I actually found it a bit too drying as well. And i tend to start to flake if i use it daily. Besides that, the packaging is very cute (IMO). However the actual pump/nozzle is quite short, making it somewhat annoying to pump it onto you hand effectively. But it didn't bother me too much. This cleanser does help shrink my pores a little and control blemishes, but i think it is a lttle too irritating for my skin. And my skin isn't usually very sensitive. It may just be one of the ingredients that i don't agree with (fragrance maybe?) Overall it is an ok cleanser but i will not be purchasing again.