February 1, 2015 | 2060 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Lash

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 9:19:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This might be the WORST mascara I have tried so far! Considering the high price, you would expect it to perform but it does absolutely nothing: no volume, no length, no curling, not even a rich black colour. What is even worse, it dried within a few weeks! Save your money and buy any Max Factor mascara or Lancome Hypnose if you are willing to spare some extra cash!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by PinkEyelashes

I wanted so much to love this mascara.... but I don't. It doesn't add much volume at all, but, that might have been because I was terrified to put the GIANT brush too close to my eye. Definitely can't get at the tiny lashes near my lash line because of it. Even though it's sold in drug stores, it's a higher end drug store brand... I bought it a while ago, so I can't remember the exact price, but I think it was like $25CAD. And it definitely dries up in the tube super quickly. It's threw it in the garbage about a month after buying it. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by gagajm

um i guess its a love or hate product. i really liked it. i have the smaller size from sephora. im really not into trying to make my lashes longer or curl them i just want a mascara that when applied looks perfect, not clumpy. i havent had anything bad to say about this mascara compaired to other i have i like this more.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by tralalatiffany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

save your money. for around $20 you can get yourself a decent moisturizer. did not volumize my lashes at all, added a bit of length but decurled my lashes instantly-- which is one of my biggest factor in determining whether a mascara's good or not. i do not understand why the wand is so dam huge. im slightly intimidated to put it near my eyes. the bristles are SOO HARD i accidently pricked my eyes with this and believe me, it was painful. also the way the wand was designed did not enable me to apply mascara on the inner corner lashes. sigh. what a disappointment. the only reason why i even gave it 2 lippies was because it lengthened a teeny bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2009 2:22:00 AM More reviews by whisperedmayhem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Blech. This did nothing for me. It seemed to dry out faster than mascaras I've had in the past, and I had to fight my clumpy lashes with a brow comb/brush/thing after applying it. I loved the idea of having "Bad Gal" eyelashes... and give kudos to BeneFit's marketing team, but this was not for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by mayholic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love it because it gives me a born-with-lashes-to-die-for look, at least initially. After a few hours, it starts to smudge all over the place (hello raccoon eyes). It voluminizes and lengthens and defines, holds my curl, doesn't make my lashes rock hard and stiff (they're pretty soft! especially for wearing mascara), and doesn't clump. Most of the time I don't even need to comb my lashes! If Benefit could fix the smudging factor, this would definitely be HG for me. I would buy again, for when I need an awesome mascara but won't be wearing it very long.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by annibanani1206

I think it wasn't wirthy ti be bought.
Too expensive, and you can bearly get the same results with a normal drugstore mascara...

It's not bad, but for the price I expected something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by fhchick123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't tend to buy mascara for $20 because I find that most of the cheaper drugstore mascaras will do just the trick, but after going past the benefit counter I couldnt resist to buy it. Initially, I noticed how big the wand was, which is definitly a pro because it helps seperate lashes and make them bold. It also feels really light on. Some definite cons though was the fact that it smudges like crazy!! I only wear it out if im only gone for about 2 hours because after 2 hours i begin to look like a racoon. I probably wont be buying it again just for the fact that it smudges so bad

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Russel

Initially, I love this mascara. The big, fat brush applied the mascara quickly and thoroughly. The look I got wasn't so much bad girl, as going to work girl, but I liked that.

It dried up really quickly, though, and started to flake after a few hours on the eyes. Then, it was hello raccoon eyes. This is a complete deal-breaker for me.

I'd give it a 5 for this first work or two that I wore, then a 1 after that.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by badbadrubberpiggy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Overall, this was just OK. I like the full brush, but it didn't do all that much for me, in terms of lengthening or volumizing. It didn't clump either, which is nice, but I also found it to be on the dry side.

Sad because I do generally like BeneFit products and find them to be worth the money, but this was just meh.

I'll finish the tube I bought, but I won't be buying it again.