Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/14/2011 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

i love this product, i recieved it for my birthday. it is very well pigmented and the colors are so versitile i coul do a nude or dramatic look in the blink of an eye great product a little price for me but if you can afford it its totally worth it .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have to say that I was impressed by this palette. I assumed that there was going to be major fallout and glitter all over my face like my other palette from them.
While there was fallout, it was minimal. I used a light hand and padded down my base color, swept it on, then applied the crease and it blended beautifully. The fallout happened when I applied my crease color. It wasn't so bad because I put on my eye makeup first and a Q tip got rid of everything. Primer helps a lot, too.
All the colors go so well together and you can create so many different looks. Like others have said, this is more of a creamy texture. It's easily buildable and you generally don't need a lot of color on the brush to make the shadow show up. It's fantastic how pigmented it is but if you try to pack it on, you will have a mess..so use a light hand.

The makeup lasted a majority of the night and did not fade. I didn't take it completely off before I went to bed and when I woke up, whatever was left was still in tact. No smudging or anything. I don't recommend sleeping with it but it's got good staying power for sure.

I really adore the Naked palette and will repurchase if/when I hit pan.

on 8/13/2011 4:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

At first, I was really scared of the fall outs. I'm not an eyeshadow person anyway, and seeing other reviews and there were indeed fall outs just kind of turned me away from this product. I got it from a friend, and truthfully, I love it. It does have a little fall outs, nothing brush and powder can't take care of. Also, the eyeshadows were of a very nice consistency, it blended well, it was pigmented, not only that, all the colors pretty much went together. But even though all the shadows go together, I would say all the looks I've created from this palette is just a smokey neutral look. But that is what I like. So I can't complain. But I don't know about others out there.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I finally got my hands on this product after salivating over it for MONTHS. My husband tried to buy it for me for Christmas, but mistakenly got the Too Faced Naked palette instead. It's been sold out ever since. But it seems that it's popularity is waning a bit, so I was finally able to purchase one with a birthday gift certificate.

I have to say I have mixed feelings about it.

The quality of the shadows is exceptional, as I expected them to be. They are highly pigmented, silky in texture and easy to blend. With the exception of Creep and Gunmetal, the colors are all very compatible with my warm, sallow complection. I like the brush and though I can take or leave UDPP, it was a nice little bonus.

However, I find that most of the shades are far too shimmery for my liking. I don't care much for mattes, so I didn't think the shimmer would be an issue. But these are far beyond the usual amount of shimmer one would expect. I have several UD single shadows that appear to be similar in formulation that are just the right degree of shimmer; probably more of a pearl or satin finish, so it never occurred to me that the shimmer in these shades would be over the top.

I can work with them. I sweep a flesh toned matte over the top to tone down the shimmer and it works okay. But ideally, that's a step I'd rather not have to fool around with.

As is, this is a great palette for a dramatic nighttime look; clubbing, dancing, etc. But I'm 42, and my life is pretty staid; PTA, fitness classes, grocery shopping and high school football games. People tend to look at you a bit askance when you attend such things wearing a full on red carpet face. So, it's not an entirely practical prodcut for me. For what I spent, I would like to be able to use it for more than the occasional night out.

If you love shimmer, glimmer and sparkle, this is perfect for you! It just didn't work for me.

on 8/13/2011 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Very few wearable colors. Most are too harsh or glittery. Not worth the price.

on 8/13/2011 5:58:00 AM

This product is so over rated and over priced. I would rather get 6 different Nyx runway Palette than this one. For the same price, I get more value with Nyx and the quality is just the same.

on 8/13/2011 2:30:00 AM

It's okay. Too much fallout. Too much glitter. I love about 2 of the colors. Gun metal looks dirty and too dark for me.

on 8/13/2011 2:03:00 AM

Ever since this product came out I have always wanted to try it, and I finally had the chance when it was in stock at my local Macy's Urban Decay counter. I was reconsidering since it can be sort of pricey, but let me tell you that my purchase was definitely worth it. I love all the colors and I use it everyday and it still looks brand new. I love this and if you are considering i suggest you go for it. You will love it as much as I. :)

on 8/13/2011 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited when i finally purchased this. I was on a waiting list for like 4 months! CRAZY! there was so much hype about this product and it drove me to buy it!
yes this is an awesome palette and has great colours and it is really pigmented.
BUT i feel like i dont use it enough for the amount i payed!
it is a great product i do love it but if you want it just for the hype not worth it!

on 8/12/2011 10:33:00 PM

I have to agree with Glowing500. UD needs to put out a palette for the cooler shades. I got this product because it kept selling out at Sephora. Bottom line is while it is pretty, for over $40 bucks, it is NOT ALL THAT!

Popular Palettes

The Nudes

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty