July 23, 2014 | 2074 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

w.o.w! I was totally obsessed with MAC and Bobbi Brown e/s till now...but i bought this recently and have been using it everyday! And with all the rich shimmery colours, u can try a new look everyday! It comes with a nice e/s brush and a tiny bottle of UDPP...totally worth the money...cuz most of the colours are the ones you'd pay a lot more for individually! And the pigment jus stays on forever! Its a good buy and wud make a great gift!
*EDIT* 8/2/2012: I've slowly realised that the UD e/s are a little more powdery compared to the silky MAC, BB and NARS e/s. Virgin is too chalky and Sidecar has sooo much fall-out, I've stopped using it completely. I still love all the colours in this palette but wud rather purchase more MACs to add to my collection!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

UPDATE: I've tried out a few more looks with this and I can say, I only use about half of the colors on a daily basis.
I HATE the lighter colors, virgin looks awful and silvery, metallicy gross. sin has a horrible texture. You only see the shimmer and see very little of the actual base color and it has fallout that gets into the tearduct area (and looks disgusting..it makes me look greasy). half baked is okay, but I don't really use it because I find when you add gold into an eyelook, it somehow doesn't look as nice, so I only wear it on its own, all over the lid. i do not use black as an eyeshadow color, only as a liner, and I find creep is not black enough to use as a liner, and the fallout is pretty bad too. again, I don't really do smokey eyes, so I don't use gunmetal either, and I prefer benefit skinny jeans as a gray liner over this. sidecar is just a chunky glitterball...again, horrible fallout.
also, these shadows don't have good staying power. even over a primer, they fade after a few hours and are generally a little powdery looking on the eyes. I still don't know if i'm going to keep it, because its such a covetted item...
Oh! HARD TO BLEND!!! I have an asian eye and it takes forever to blend these, even then it doesn't blend too well.

--------------------------------------
original review:

I am TORN over this product. Pros/cons:

pros- a ton of colors, all beautiful looking in the pan, decent pigmentation and payoff, nice pairing together, good packaging
cons- looks created with this palette all look a bit similar. for example, smog and toasted look EXTREMELY similar (like the same color almost) on my eye, as well as darkhorse and hustle, pigmentation isn't extremely vibrant, a little too buttery and powdery, a little too metallic, too much fall out if not extremely careful.

so I'll update later maybe. But the big thing for me is how similar some colors look and how different looks created with diff colors look the same on my eye. If that is the case, why pay $64CAD for one, maybe two different eye looks? also, the metallic-ness of these shadows look awful on me! don't get me wrong, i usually love shimmers like the MAC veluxe pearl shadows, but comparing those and the UD colors, the MAC colors seem to have a better finish somehow. anyways, will update in a bit...if still not loving, I will return to sephora

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After much hemming and hawing I FINALLY broke down and bought this palette, and I am so glad I did! It was a purchase that ended up being a great one. I'm someone who is pretty new to eyeshadows and I don't have very many in my arsenal, and very few good-quality basic ones. I'm also epically bad at applying so that's something I need to work on, haha. But even with my poor eyeshadow-ing ability and additional lack of decent brushes, these eyeshadows STILL managed to look nice on me when I swept them on my eyelids. I did try to concentrate the darker shades on the crease and I used Virgin as a highlight (which I love) and the mid-tone shades to blend. I'm getting better at it, but what was extraordinary was how well these shadows blended even for a novice like myself, and how easy it was for these to look good! I am extremely fair, with slight yellow undertones and auburn hair, and the shades all flatter my coloring and my brown/green eyes. I can see these looking good on most people, and so this is why I think the palette is great for you if you are somewhat new to shadows and want to have a nice collection of soft, blendable, pigmented complementing shadows to play with. If you already have a lot of eyeshadows in similar shades, you can probably skip this. As pretty as these are, I wouldn't say they are anything ground-breaking.

Also, as dark and shimmery as some of these are, they never seem to look harsh on me. I think it's because the undertones in all of them are flattering and complement each other. One surprise was how much I loved Darkhorse! I thought it looked so dark and weirdly muddy/swampy in the pan, but on my lids it came alive and gave me an almost effortless smoky eye. The only one I'm a little scared of is Gunmetal, probably because it's cool-toned and might clash with my skin and eyes. But who knows, it's probably beautiful! It looks lovely and shiny in the pan. Plus, in my experience, all the other shades are just so pretty and workable.

All in all, I actually think this palette is a great value, since you get so many shadows for the price and the pans are decent sized. I think mine will last a long while. The only way I can see myself repurchasing is if something happened to the one I have now, in which case I would probably panic and run to Sephora for another. This has become a beloved staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Allybaley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The NAKED palette seems to be the most popular neutral palette around these days. The palette comes with a well-known primer which brings out the true color of the shadows and a great karma brush that packs on the pigment well. The diversity of the shadows is a plus and the amount of combinations is endless. I did not like the amount of fall-out with the shadow "sidecar" but the color is still beautiful. I wish the "virgin" shadow was a bit bigger, and all of the shadows also! I wish it came with larger pans for the price, but this palette is still a great deal for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would buy this again if i run out which i doubt i will. Out of the whole palette i only used three shadows. I have fair skin so i don't really do smoky or dark makeup look. I do like to do soft smoky, browns, or natural color look. I like naked, virgin, and half baked the most. I wish there was a matte and shimmer version of this palette. I'm not really into shimmer so i wont be using some of the shadows that came with it.I only wear makeup twice a week like i said, so i wont be using this palette as much as i want to. The price is kind of high but it's reasonable comparing to a urban decay single shadow is about 15 to 17 dollars.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by MUA23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this as a gift from a very good friend and feel like the luckiest woman on earth! I rated it a 1 for price for that reason, but am well aware of the cost which is well worth it imo. The packaging quality deserves a 5 because that brown velvet looks so chic sitting on my make-up trays. I also enjoy that large mirror attached to the interior of the lid. My fav. combination is to use Naked and Buck as "bases" and the other shades in the "v" or crease, extending them out (one at a time, thank you!) in a well-controlled application. I find that the lighter shimmery shades look best in the center of my lid and the darker ones in the crease or to create the "v". Naked makes my heavy-lidded eyes seem to recede a bit (I'm NC40 as a reference). Applied this way, the shades look very good under flourescent lighting at the office.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by tokidomo17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Awesome palette! It has such a great color selection (mattes and shimmers ect,) and the shadows are highly pigmented. Some colors had fallout (like darkhorse) but other than that the eyeshadows blend nicely and are easy to work with. Wonderful colors for both day and night... love love love this~ It's my go to palette now :) My only problem with this is the packaging I find that the felt gets dirty and the gold paint for the letters is chipping off. Otherwise, I love this and it's totally worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Shestring4life

I love this palette, reasonabble price for the amount you get! beautiful selection of wonderful shadows!! only thing its missing is a matte highlight.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by doneypinkhoney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I was crazy about this palette. I think it was because of the hype. The colors are very dupeable and I had a lot of similar colors. Some are just too dark, excessive glitter, or gold. Also the brush that came with is not to good at picking up the eyeshadows. & Unfortunately sin didn't even show up on me because of my pink undertones NW20. Overall I dont think its something to go crazy over and I would stick with my mac eyeshadows because they dont tend to crease as much as urbandecays. But if you are a beginner on a somewhat budget this would be pretty good. Hope this review helped. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a dark brown complexion and was sceptical of buying anything called 'Naked' convinced it would never work with my complexion. I was pleasantly surprised, every colour in the palette shows up and none disappear or turn ashy. They are fairly creamy and most blend very easily. My palette came with a shadow brush instead of an eye liner and it works fine for 'placing' colour on the lid but is useless for any detail work or blending. I would never have purchased it on it's own but it's not bad for a free brush.

The Naked Palette in my opinion contains too many shimmer shades to be called 'naked' at all but that's a small gripe. If the next 'Naked' included more matte shades (especially a matte black!) I'd be able to be used to create an entire look, at the moment I still need to reach for other shadows to make the palette work.

Considering the amount of product and the fact that all the shades are workable on dark skin tones (which most lighter colours are not!) this palette is an excellent value and a great place to start for a beginner or anyone that's not into lots of wild colours in their eye makeup. I love it for travel because of it's (1) suitcase friendly packaging which (2) includes a mirror and (3) the huge variety of colours can create almost any look you might need.