April 18, 2014 | 891 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by princessrox136

There is a reason that the Naked palette has sold out time after time. All of the colors, and there are a lot, are gorgeous and highly pigmented. It is a little pricey but well worth it. It even comes with a full size eyeshadow brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by sdeyerling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this palette. I am NC35ish and if you are similar in coloring, run and buy this now. It does pull a tad warm but the colors are so flattering and lovely. The only possible thing I could appreciate would be another matte thrown in there. It is such a great deal since all the shadows are full sized and its under $50! If you love neutrals or want a good starter palette, check out Naked.
I also think it is 100x better than its TF counterpart. I own TF Natural Eye Palette and the shadows are gritty and lack dimension and the smooth velvety texture that UD Naked has. If you are trying to pick one or the other, go with Urban Decay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Everything has already been said about this palette. All I can say is that it definitely lives up to the hype. The eyeshadows are amazing quality and you get 12 FULL SIZED shadows for the price of 3! You can't beat the price. Worth every penny and has the best selection of neutral shadows.

I've had mine for about a month and I have been using it every single day. My favourite colours would have to be sin and toasted, they just look amazing together! The shadows are great quality and the brush it comes with isn't half bad! Highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I feel like I'm the last person to get this palette! I had to order it online since it's not available where I live. This palette definitely lives up to the hype! The 12 shadows are creamy and glide on like butter. What I love most is that you get everyday wearable colours as well as the dramatic smokey shades. There are matte, satin and shimmer finishes. I love all the 12 shades, but my favourites would have to be Buck, Half-Baked, Smog and Dark Horse. I think everything has been said about this palette after reading through some of the reviews. Definitely worth getting since the shadows are in full size!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

For me, this palette absolutely lives up to the hype. I was never in a big rush to buy it because I didn't want to give in to all the hype around it, but my boyfriend got this for me for my birthday and I honestly don't know what I would do without it. I have a use for every single color in the palette. The quality of the eyeshadows is truly amazing. They are super soft, pigmented, and buttery, and I get no fall out from the colors except for Sidecar, where I can get glitter fall out if I'm not careful. I also don't mind that there is a brush included with the palette. At first, I wanted the eyeliner, but I have realized that I have too many other eyeliners that perform better than the 24/7 liners, and the brush is good for a day that I'm in a big rush and I can just grab the brush and put on a sheer wash of color. It picks up powders extremely well for a synthetic-hair brush, but I only really use the brush for Sin and Buck.

Virgin is a nice shimmery champagne/white color with the slightest gold tinge. It's a little too white for my tan skintone so it looks awkward, but if I apply it very lightly, then it looks good as a highlight. A lot of people love this color, but it actually is one of my least favorite colors because of my skintone.

Sin is a beautiful champagne color with the slightest pink tint. It's very frosty, but there is no glitter. Before I had this palette, I think Sin was just a boring color that was easily dupable and that it would be too shimmery, but this is actually my most used color in the palette. It's shimmery, but doesn't look frosty or over the top. The texture of this shadow is so creamy and it makes the shadow look wet when applied to the lid. It brightens my eyes perfectly and when I'm rushed, I just use some Sin on my lids and Buck in the crease and I'm good to go. Out of all the dupes I thought I had, none of them match the wet-looking, eye brightening, shimmery, but not frosty, quality of this shadow!

Naked is a very light matte brown that I like to use to blend out my eyeshadows. It is just slightly darker than my skintone, so it works perfectly as a subtle contour color. It is extremely pigmented, and it doesn't feel chalky at all. I don't have much to say about this, but it really is just the perfect blending color.

Sidecar is often described a light bronze, but on me, it is a slightly cool toned bronze, as if there were some taupe undertones. It's not the easiest color to work with because of the glitter, but it is a beautiful color to pair with a bronze in the crease. I don't reach for this color often, though.

Buck is a color that I reach for often. It is a medium-dark brown with a slight warm tone. I love to use it as a crease color. It's a great color to use for the daytime to add definition without making the rest of the makeup look too dark. This has become one of my favorite browns to pair with shimmery eyeshadows.

Half Baked was also another color that I thought I would never use. In my experience, bronzey golds always looked too orange against my skintone, especially when I'm pale (even though I have pretty warm asian skin), but this has a perfect balance of gold and copper. This has become my second most reached for eyeshadow, right after Sin. It brightens my eyes perfectly for a bronzey summery look. I love pairing this with Darkhorse or Smog for the perfect bronzey eye. It also brings out the gold in my eyes, which I love about this. The texture is the same as the texture of Sin - highly metallic, but not frosty, and when applied on the eyes, it looks wet.

Smog is a beautiful bronzy color that I like to use in the crease or under my eyes. It looks great with a champagne color and it's one of my favorite colors to line my lower lashline with. It's dark enough to give definition and emphasize my eyes without being too dark. The only reason I don't use this color much is because I have a few other similar colors already.

Darkhorse is a cool brown with a gold sheen to it. I use this as a liner and in the crease or outer V a lot. It's great to make a smoky eye with. This color isn't as shimmery as the colors in the rest of the palette, it is somewhere between a satin and a frost. Because of this, it's great to use in the crease with other shimmery colors.

Toasted is a color that is a pinky brown. It's an extremely unique color to me, since it's kind of like a rose gold with brown in it. This shade is another color that isn't terribly flattering on my unless I use the right colors to pair with it. I like to pair it with bronze colors to warm it up a little bit because this color can bring out the redness in the rest of my face.

Hustle is a brown with a plum undertone to it. It's a beautiful color that I like to pair with Sin, or pinky colors. It's flattering on my skintone because of the plum.

Creep is an almost black with shimmers in it. It's beautiful in the outer V to darken the crease without applying a straight black. I'm actually glad this was in the palette instead of a matte black because this fits in more with the brown color scheme in the palette. I also use this to line my lower lash line for a softer look.

Gunmetal is the only color in the palette that I don't reach for. Grays are not flattering on my skin tone, and the silver/blue tone of this shade makes the rest of my face look ashy. Occasionally, I will use this with my cooler looks, but I don't typically reach for this color.

Overall, I absolutely love this palette and think it's worth $48. I don't understand why it was always out of stock as it's a permenant palette, but I love the amount of looks I can create!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by kim84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing palette! It was worth the wait from Sephora. Bought it after watching Kandee Johnson rave about it, and I haven't regretted it once. Every color is beautiful and highly pigmented.-- and not like the pigments from the bh palettes that completely fall all over your face and make you look like who did it and ran. There is hardly any fall out, and you can create so many looks. I could say that this is the only palette you will need, and it's true, but let's face it, if you're like me, you want them all. I know alot of people don't like the brush that came with it.. gotta tell ya, I love the brush too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not really sure what I can say about this product that hasn't been said hundreds of times before, but I do love it! Already owning a ton of neutrals, I surely didn't need this palette, but it is lovely to have. You really can do so many looks from this one palette. I've taken it on vacation twice now, and it gave me plenty of options for a week. This is such a great value for such a quality product. Get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Danelekwoods

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

We all know this is a great palette. Its still hard to find in some places! I use the "naked" color the most and I feel like I'm going to hit pan soon! I will probably have to purchase the Naked single shadow once that runs out because I definitely love it for everyday use. All of the colors work very well together in this palette and you can create a variety of looks. There is fall-out when applying but I always do my eyes before my foundation. Definitely a best-seller and a favorite of mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by MakeupByEilleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this palette!! The colors are beautiful and I love that it comes with matte shades as well! I would highly recommend this palette!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This really is a wonderful product. For myself, I don't reach for it everyday. Maybe 2 times a week. But considering the size of my collection, I reach for it often enough for it to be considered high quality and worth the money I spent on it. My favorite colors are Virgin, Buck, Darkhorse, Hustle, and Sidecar (I love glitter and have no problem working with the fallout- I just tap my brush and do the eyes before my foundation). The value on this is incredible as the pans are full sized shadows. I got this back when it came with the double liner, and I do enjoy the UD 24/7 formula, though it's not my favorite. I wish I had waited and got the brush, I love brushes. I personally think it would be perfect if it just had a matte highlight shade. If all my lovely makeup was taken from me and I had to rebuy some eye shadows right away, I would get MAC Blanc Type and this and I would be satisfied and comforted (for a little while......).