BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 4/18/2005 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ohhh, my little pot of loveliness :) I love the glow this gives me. I put it on my cheeks, under my eyebrows, in the corner of my eye, anywhere I want that little glow. Yummm. love it. The SA suggested Moon Beam as I have yellow undertones, but that does not show up AT ALL on my NC25 skin- I think that is more for darker skin.

In my opinion, High Beam should be used on pale complexions, and Moon beam on medium to darker complexions. High beam is pinkish liquid infused with white shimmer, moon beam gold liquid infused with peach shimmer. High beam looked chalky on me (and for eyes I prefer the eye bright).
EDIT: With both the High and Moon Beams, the liquid color disappears, leaving only the sparkle. So High Beam is whitish shimmer, Moon Beam is peach shimmer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This little supermodel in a bottle is gorgeous on fair skin tones! I am pretty fair, and I need a little beam here and there to create dimension to my face. I add a bit to the cheekbones after my blush to add radiance with a foundation brush. Patting it on works best since I use it over my makeup when I am all done! I also put a few drops of High Beam in my foundation to add some glow!

on 4/11/2005 9:45:00 AM

I wanted to hate this, especially after I dropped the cutesy bottle and broke it in about 15 minutes. But, it's so nice. It is a nice frosty highlighter that takes me from potato face to wonderfully contoured in 10 seconds. Highly recommend, although next time I might purchase Moonbeam. The color is a bit pinky and I think there might be more versatility to the product without that tint.

on 4/8/2005 2:19:00 AM

Out of all the highlighters that I have used I absolutely love this one the best. It gives you that dewy glowy look that everyone loves and makes the skin look refreshed. For the price I think it is a good product it lasts a very long time for most people. It is very easy to apply and can be applied under or over makeup.

on 4/7/2005 11:11:00 PM

This is one of my favorite highlighters next to Dandelion. It gives my skin a fresh, dewy look. It's very, very pearly and shimmery though, so I don't usually use it for every day wear, just for a fun night out.

on 4/5/2005 2:49:00 AM

i use this everyday. works for day or night. gives me a great glow. i use it on my brow bones and temples.

on 3/27/2005 3:37:00 PM

Gives a nice dewy sheen and brightens the skin. Great if you don't want anything too obvious or shimmery.

on 3/26/2005 1:22:00 AM

If you didn't know what this bottle held in it, you would think that this is a pearly pink nailpolish. I was fooled at first too! This pearly pale pink concoction is supposed to highlight your face and is much touted by Elle and other mags as being a top model staple. I beg to differ however, it is not shimmery, but pearly as is the Moonbeam which I feel is far superior to this. The reason I say that is because I feel that the High Beam is way too subtle to show up. I am very fair skinned and have been naturally gifted with high cheekbones, which I thought could be better accentuated with this. Even putting this on before any makeup, it didn't show up at all. I like the cute bottle and concept, but would not venture to buy this again, the Hollywood Glo and Moonbeam outshine this ten to one in my book!

on 3/24/2005 3:07:00 PM

I like the concept of this, I've used about 1/4 of my bottle. I find it to be just a smidge too frosty. A little less frost, a little more pink should do the trick. I have tried this with combining it with a tint and gives a reaaly good effect. It's worth a try

Video Reviews & Tutorials