August 23, 2014 | 1779 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2004 12:45:00 PM More reviews by alluring_temptations

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great highlighter. lots of shimmer which makes your cheeks look really radiant and shiny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2004 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Snow_Angel350

I love High Beam! I use it on my cheekbones, brow bones, everywhere! I keep finding uses for it! I love the nail polish like bottle and brush, it makes it much easier to apply. It also has great staying power, it lasts all day on me. I will def. buy it again if i ever run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2004 7:01:00 PM More reviews by rachi99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used High Beam as a brow highlighter and to give myself an overall glow at my wedding, and I loved how dewy and sweet my skin looked! It lasted through the entire day without fading or melting and showed up beautifully in the pictures, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2004 10:26:00 AM More reviews by ericadiva

i don't generally like benefit so i was surprised by how much i love this. very pretty natural highlighter (unlike moon beam, which i think looks like the iridescence from an oil spill rather than a pretty glow). i like how multi-purpose it is- mix it with foundation, blend in a few little dots on your cheekbones, tap a little on the inner corners of your eye. subtle use makes you look healthy, more makes you look divinely glamorous. not irritating at all. i said i'd buy again but i'm not sure i'll ever have to, you get a ton in the bottle and you only have to use a smidgen. i'm not crazy about that nail-polish bottle but what can you do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2004 2:37:00 PM More reviews by i_darling

I really like this product. It's sheer and sparkly and girly and just makes me feel pretty good wearing it. And really, that's what it is all about for me. I've tried other highlighters, and this one is a fantastic one-hands down. Easy to blend, no breakouts or irritation from this since it's very light and a little goes a long way so it lasts. Although the price is high and the bottle is just so-so, I'd still recommend as a lovely gift (in the perk-me-up package) or as a treat for yourself.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2004 12:30:00 AM More reviews by keahi

This is a pretty highlighter but nothing real special. Any number of powders and creams will create the same effect and cost less than $26. (My Neutrogena Shimmer Sheers in Mesmerized, for example.) Plus the packaging is pretty cheap and unreliable. I continually get sucked into the alluring promises of beauty that Benefit offers forgetting how great their marketing is and how mediocre their products.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2004 5:55:00 AM More reviews by seeed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Did not impress me much, although it gives quite a nice, non-glimmery sheen to the face. But it is a bit too pink for my complexion (pale/yellowish undertones) and won't stay put on an oily face. Also, the packaging is rather poor for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2004 11:59:00 PM More reviews by cakespender

Ohhhhhh ladies, I am in LOVE! I have very fair skin and was looking for something to impart a healthy glow to my skin this fall/winter. Have I found it with High Beam! Although the bottle seems alittle hard to deal with what with the nail polish applicator deal I find it fairly easy to put my face lotion in my palm then apply some of the HighBeam to it then rub it all together and apply. Voila! Radiant skin! It also works great for me as a cream eyeshadow and in the corners of my eyes to brighten me up alittle.
This stuff rocks. Too bad I didnt know about stuff years ago

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2004 10:59:00 AM More reviews by PaulaKaiser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's pretty good, once you learn how to work with it. On its own, it doesn't do a whole lot for me, but mixed in with the Benetint cheek stain... WOW. Makes my cheeks look beautiful, and my complexion healthy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2004 11:31:00 AM More reviews by minimac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This immediately takes my evening look up a notch when blended onto cheekbones and browbones. Highlights bone structure like you wouldn't believe - also looks very pretty in photographs as it catches the light. It looks absolutely beautiful on collarbones and shoulders - I've had many a compliment on how 'delicate' I look from men when I've been wearing this. I'm very pale and this looks like moonlight reflecting off the skin.
The fab thing is that the shimmer is subtle, not glittery - so it really does give a natural glow. People won't realise the artifice behind the glowing beauty they see before them. Amen to that.
On the negative side - I hate the packaging. Hard to get out the last bit, can drip, hard to measure how much you want, and don't like the gunky build up around the top of the bottle.
My mother once mistook this for nail varnish and painted her toes with a thick layer (probably about 5 quids worth of High Beam). When I realised what she'd done, she was sitting on the bed waiting for it to dry.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No