BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 1/25/2005 10:59:00 PM

I love this product! It leaves a very nice glow to the skin and a little bit goes a long way. I just dab a few dots on my cheekbones blend, and I'm ready to go. It is not shimmery or sparkly, your skin is just left glowing, think j.lo! The color is a real pearly pink that would look good on most skin types. I have olive undertones in my skin and it looks great in the summer with a tan, or in the winter with no tan!The packaging is also very cute, looks just like a nail polish bottle and brush. The brush also makes for very easy application. I only had one minor problem, to ensure that it was sealed tightly (to prevent drying out) I turned the cap one too may times and it cracked with little force. Luckily, the Benefit ladies gladly exchanged it for me, but just be careful not to go overboard with screwing the cap on!

on 1/23/2005 9:55:00 PM

As with all Benefit products, i love this one's packaging. The bottle resembles a nail polish bottle with the included brush in the cap for easy application. I have pretty fair skin and at first, I thought this might be too light and not show up. However, upon application (I mix with my daily moisturizer), I was a believer! Delivers a very subtle sheen to the face without looking too discoey or fakey. High Beam just makes it look like you have good skin. Many models and makeup artists swear by this to create a flawless look. I love this stuff!

on 1/23/2005 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love at First Beam. High Beam is my secret to dewy, glowing skin. Especially when mixed with Benetint. I have had mine for 3 years and it never seems to run out. Definitely worth the $20. Will Love forever. Tip: Apply with a foundation brush for best results.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This gives me a pretty pink shimmer and I love it! Warning - do not leave bottle loose in your bag, store it in the box and then in a makeup bag, I know of a few casualties that have happened with leaking and breaking when its left loose! A bottle will last a long long time!

on 1/19/2005 2:31:00 PM

Neutral LLL / normal skin

BeneFit's High Beam, for me, is a terrific highlighter. It was really one of the first ones I tried in liquid form. I use this on my cheeks dabbed over a blush or mixed with my moisturizer for an all over "glow".

I didn't find it to be oily or drying or have any real effect on my skin (except illuminating it subtly).

The price is fairly cheap, in my opinion, compared to other highlighting items.

The packaging is the best.. I'm not really a fan of the nail polish-esque applicator and would have really preferred a sponge applicator instead.

I will most likely repurchase this unless something better comes along.

on 1/15/2005 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Overall this product is decent. I'm a sucker for packaging, which is half the reason I bought this. Colour on face is really nice, gives a dewy natural sheen to cheekbones and brow bones - a little iffy to apply until you get the hang of it because if you're not looking at it with the light reflecting off of it you could have a smear of it and not really be able to see it.
Comes in a nailpolish-type bottle and you apply it with the brush, which I find sometimes applies unevenly.
Would be happier with a more easy to apply highlighter, but this one gives the perfect colour and dewyness.

on 1/14/2005 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm so-so about this one. It gave a dewy light to my cheek bones, but did nada for the browbones. I have to apply a LOT for it to actually show up enough. It's a little too sheer, which is a sentence I thought I'd never type/speak!

I like this product it does what it says it does...but their are definitely cheaper alternatives...mostly like everything benefit puts out...overprices for average products. There are sooooo many highlighters out there, this is certain not even close to the best one, and certain isnt cheap enough to be getting away with it either.

And I hate the package...It dropped out of my bag the second day I had it any smashed everywhere...when I emailed their costumer service to recommend changing the bottle to plastic the benefit people were nice enough send me a second bottle for free. but I doubt I'll be purchasing the product again, as I said above there are so many highlighters out there that do the same thing, some do it even better, for much cheaper.

on 1/9/2005 3:40:00 PM

This highlighter works wonders as it claims. The only reason I gave it a 4 is the price. With further experimentation adue, I think I've found a much cheaper, but not inferior substitute: the revlon face illuminator loose powder.

on 1/8/2005 1:10:00 PM

This is my favorite liquid highlighter. I've tried a few brands but this one is the best! This has the perfect pearlescent soft pink hue. I'm fair skinned, this shows up beautifully on my skin.

It's more pigmented than most of the liquid highlighters I've tried. The texture is amazing, not greasy/oily, not heavy, doesn't look fake once applied on the skin. It's not sticky at all, it's easy to apply and to blend onto the skin. Very versatile: I use it on the top of my upper lip, under my brows, on my cheekbones, near my eyes, etc. It adds a beautiful 'hollywood star' glow & a perfect glamourous look! ;-) It also brightens my face when I'm tired.

The quality is excellent, it stays pretty well on the skin. It doesn't look too shimmery but I wouldn't apply it all over the face, I think it would be too much.

My HG highlighter and one of my makeup staples. Pretty pricey but the bottle lasts quite a while, so it worths every penny. Truly a must-have! continued >>

Video Reviews & Tutorials