October 25, 2014 | 1101 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

i use this as a powder foundation and really like it. i got the lightest warm shade (the cool toned one looked pink!) and it is a great match for my very pale skin, while also toning down any redness. it evens my skintone and leaves a matte, non-cakey finish and, most importantly, does not break me out or clog my pores.

in the morning i apply moisturizer, sunscreen and then brush this on top to set everything. i dont find that it provides any kind of exceptional oil control but it lasts as well as many of the mineral powder foundations that ive tried. since i dont use the brush it came with, the packaging seems fine to me. you just flip up the top like any other compact.

overall, a great product. definitely offers more coverage than other pressed powders, and without being heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by squeex

This stuff is really nice, especially for the price. It's so smooth and silky, and it makes my skin feel so soft. I do have a few complaints though. I've noticed that if I put too much of this on, it can look cakey, but that might be because the shade I have (the lightest one) is slightly too light for my skin tone. The other complaint that I have is that this doesn't control my shine for as long as I'd like. Then again, I haven't found anything that does. This is still an excellent powder, and I will buy again, just in another shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my new touch up powder for my purse. I wanted a sheer, inexpensive powder to take on the go so I didn't need to take my Colorescience that could easily break and cause me great sadness. Maybelline was 40% off so I decided on this. I got Light. The color is perfect for my skin and the formula is very sheer. I don't have any cakiness or orange-ing problems that many powders can have. I only need to touch up once a day, so there must be some oil control going on there. I like the swivel compact, it is the same as the pressed mineral powder compact. I don't use the little round sponge, i like to put it on with my retractable kabuki.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Meljolie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading many positive reviews on here, I decided to go out and buy this. I tried out it today and I'm in love with it. I didn't wear foundation today, only this powder. Being applied with a brush. The coverage was decent (but I used my Maybelline highlighter/concealer duo underneath). It gave me a nice matte, glowy look. When I applied it.. I thought.. wow, I love it. Now, it has to go through the test of how long this matteness was going to last. It lasted much longer than expected and halfway through the day, my skin didn't look soaked with oil. I just reapplied at noon (I have school - 8 am to 3 pm) and I was set for the day! I found the packaging to be a bit awkward. It looked modern and different but it wasn't what I would prefer. That is probably the only problem I have with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Dorothy46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this Maybelline Dream Matt powder. It make my skin look great in photos and makes me feel good because it stays looking good all day for me.

I have combination, Indian skin with red undertone, and found that Latte 0-1 or Hazelnut 2-3 is the best shade for me. Great product great price.

Thank You Maybelline.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by et3naltwilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this because of the many high ratings that it got from MUA. Firstly, I am someone with fair skin. If I wanted to exactly match colours with any makeup brand, it may be ivory. I bought this at wal mart for around $10-11. I was looking for a powder that would give my face a bit of colour because it was so light. First I went to the darkest colour and it was too dark. Then I went to beige and when I smoothed it on my hand, it was practically white. I checked the other colours under beige and they looked darker than the tester. So my guess was, it probably turned white from oxygen. Afterwards, I went to honey medium 3-4. When I smoothed that on my hand, it had a bit of colour so that was good.

After the first day of using it, I loved how it was fine milled, weightless and didn't break me out. However, it didn't provide any coverage but it did give a matte finish. It didn't even make my light skin any darker which was strange....and the cashier told me that it would be too dark. Psssh... Either I'm not applying it right or it's the powder. It feels as if when I sweep the brush across my face, the powder is just flying off. All in all, 4/5- minus one for absolutely no coverage. If I keep layering, I'll look pale like a ghost.

Update: minus 1 because I think it gave me blackheads. O_o Not sure if it's this or lotion...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by amyyyxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love , love , love this product
    Amazing at mattifing my skin :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder set my makeup nicely. It is really good for my oily skin and it gives me a nice matte finish. I use a kabuki brush and not the puff. This is one of the better drug store powders.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2009 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Shakenout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product. I bought a while ago because I was really pleased with the Dream Matte Mouse. I use this in conjunction with the mouse foundation and my skin looks stellar everytime. However I only use the two in combination for special events because the powder is just slightly lighter than the mouse. The packaging is OK. I dropped the compact once and not only did the powder shatter but the case broke off. So don't drop it! It's kinda pricy for a drug store brand, well where I live, but still a really good powder. I definetly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This really does a great job of controlling oil. I have this in Latte. My only gripe is the color. Maybelline's darker shades have a weird chalky cast, not very natural looking. Its not very noticeable when I apply this lightly. Other than that its a good finishing powder.