August 22, 2014 | 1966 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Meljolie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading many positive reviews on here, I decided to go out and buy this. I tried out it today and I'm in love with it. I didn't wear foundation today, only this powder. Being applied with a brush. The coverage was decent (but I used my Maybelline highlighter/concealer duo underneath). It gave me a nice matte, glowy look. When I applied it.. I thought.. wow, I love it. Now, it has to go through the test of how long this matteness was going to last. It lasted much longer than expected and halfway through the day, my skin didn't look soaked with oil. I just reapplied at noon (I have school - 8 am to 3 pm) and I was set for the day! I found the packaging to be a bit awkward. It looked modern and different but it wasn't what I would prefer. That is probably the only problem I have with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Dorothy46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this Maybelline Dream Matt powder. It make my skin look great in photos and makes me feel good because it stays looking good all day for me.

I have combination, Indian skin with red undertone, and found that Latte 0-1 or Hazelnut 2-3 is the best shade for me. Great product great price.

Thank You Maybelline.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by et3naltwilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this because of the many high ratings that it got from MUA. Firstly, I am someone with fair skin. If I wanted to exactly match colours with any makeup brand, it may be ivory. I bought this at wal mart for around $10-11. I was looking for a powder that would give my face a bit of colour because it was so light. First I went to the darkest colour and it was too dark. Then I went to beige and when I smoothed it on my hand, it was practically white. I checked the other colours under beige and they looked darker than the tester. So my guess was, it probably turned white from oxygen. Afterwards, I went to honey medium 3-4. When I smoothed that on my hand, it had a bit of colour so that was good.

After the first day of using it, I loved how it was fine milled, weightless and didn't break me out. However, it didn't provide any coverage but it did give a matte finish. It didn't even make my light skin any darker which was strange....and the cashier told me that it would be too dark. Psssh... Either I'm not applying it right or it's the powder. It feels as if when I sweep the brush across my face, the powder is just flying off. All in all, 4/5- minus one for absolutely no coverage. If I keep layering, I'll look pale like a ghost.

Update: minus 1 because I think it gave me blackheads. O_o Not sure if it's this or lotion...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by amyyyxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love , love , love this product
Amazing at mattifing my skin :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder set my makeup nicely. It is really good for my oily skin and it gives me a nice matte finish. I use a kabuki brush and not the puff. This is one of the better drug store powders.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2009 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Shakenout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product. I bought a while ago because I was really pleased with the Dream Matte Mouse. I use this in conjunction with the mouse foundation and my skin looks stellar everytime. However I only use the two in combination for special events because the powder is just slightly lighter than the mouse. The packaging is OK. I dropped the compact once and not only did the powder shatter but the case broke off. So don't drop it! It's kinda pricy for a drug store brand, well where I live, but still a really good powder. I definetly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This really does a great job of controlling oil. I have this in Latte. My only gripe is the color. Maybelline's darker shades have a weird chalky cast, not very natural looking. Its not very noticeable when I apply this lightly. Other than that its a good finishing powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by jinjit

I bought this based on the good reviews here. I really like the packaging, though I don't use the puff that comes with it, I use a brush instead. But I still think it's a cool idea! The powder stays on well over foundation and/or moisturizer and does indeed give a nice matte finish. The only thing that is not so great for me is that I have a lot of fine hairs on my face and in the right (or wrong?) light, this powder seems to make them stand out more. Maybe this is just a problem I will have no matter what powder I use (I have just started wearing makeup, so I have not tried a lot of things), but I will probably buy something else after I run out of this just to see. Otherwise, good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Best powder EVER.It makes my oily skin completly matte.Usually most powders will cover the oil up some,but not this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by anotheremptysky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this every single day as my eyeshadow base! It works better than UDPP for me. My eyeshadows don't crease at ALL and I have an issue with creasing. I also wear it alone on days I don't wear foundation and it's a nice natural look.