July 28, 2014 | 2053 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2003 12:30:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticsguru

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Truly the greatest intensive lip moisturizer of all time!! I was using Clinique's exfoliating lip treatment, Mary Kay satin lips, vaseline, chapsticks, under eye cream, basically anything that was supposed to deliver intense moisture. None of those were bad but none were as good as this. Definitely recommend this if you have really chapped lips (below zero here). My dermatologist gave this to me when I took accutane since it severely dried out my lips. I'm so glad I've found it over the counter and it's cheap:) A tube of this lasts forever, as you don't need much. I only use this on my lips and sometimes for my hands. I'll use this with my clarins hand cream when I sleep in my cotton gloves. Really works wonders--my lips stay moist throughout the next day (no chapstick needed:)

Tip: only use a little bit at night or it smears on your face and can cause break outs. Also if you still have troubles you can use paula's choice clear liner and thin a little of this, helps keep it in place and doesn't stain your pillow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2003 2:18:00 AM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried every single lip balm product out there. Once a month my lips seem to shed a few layers and it drives me nuts! Anyway, one day I read an interview with a dermatologist who said you uses Aquaphor for everything because it's so healing. I haven't looked back since. Though I find Aquaphor generally too rich to put on all the time (though I do have a mini-tube with me at all times just in case) I find that putting a thin layer of it on at night pretty much guarantees me soft, chap-free lips the next day. Best of all it's super cheap! Aquaphor has many of the same ingredients as other cult lip balms (Kiehl's, Philosophy, Elizabeth Arden) but is a fraction of the price. While it's not the most elegant of solutions, I don't care because it works so well. I also mix it with my moisturizer for my elbows and feet to prevent chapping. I even use it as an ultra-rich eye cream at night. I always buy this in tubes because it's more sanitary (esp since I use it for so many body parts!) A really great beauty buy. It's even rated safe by the Skin Deep Database.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2003 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Pam1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this product! It has many uses but I primarily use it as a lip moisturizer. I find it to be very healing and moisturizing on my dry lips. It seems "thicker" to me than Vasaline, so it stays on the lips better,yet it also absorbs. I have also used this as a cuticle cream. I love the "travel size" tube...very convienient and it is a lot of product for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2003 4:08:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

This is a very thick ointment that is effective but very ordinary. I apply it to my feet at night and then top w/ socks and my feet are appreciably softer in the morning.(The socks are a must b/c this stuff is greasy.) It has no smell and a little goes a long way. I think the price is reasonable considering a tub of this lasts months for me. Is it a miracle product? No, but it definitely will moisturize very dry chapped skin and you can't beat it for accessibility and versatility. Found at most drugstores and discount stores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2003 12:11:00 AM More reviews by KarenCG

This is a very handy product to keep on hand that has multiple uses. I've used it as a lip balm, and have slathered it on my feet, put on socks, and left it on overnight, and woke up with super soft feet. My son used it when his knuckes somehow got irritated and chapped, and it cleaned that up in about a day. Also good for cuts, burns, irritated skin, etc. The consistency is very similar to Vaseline, but a little thinner and not quite as greasy. Takes a little while to absorb. No scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2002 5:20:00 AM More reviews by mashimaru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is actually very similar to Vaseline. It is mostly petrolatum that's been thinned out with mineral oil and lanolin, so it's a little bit less greasy and sticky on your skin. But that's about it - not really sure why it costs more than twice as much as Vaseline.
I do like the product well enough, but I just don't think it's great enough to justify its high price. I don't like it as a lip balm (it's not better than my other lip balms, or even just straight Vaseline on my lips), and I don't like it as a hand cream (it's less sticky than Vaseline, but still somewhat sticky - Neutrogena Hand Cream absorbs better into my skin). And other things I might use this product for (feet, elbows, etc.)
So basically, it's like a thinner version of Vaseline - a little bit less sticky and greasy, but still ... sticky and greasy. It's a nice idea, but it's just not superior to any product I like using right now. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2002 5:37:00 PM More reviews by marisa193

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great multi-use product! This product helps to heal dry, cracked skin, and minor burns. I love it on my dry cuticles in winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2002 4:53:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as my nightly lipbalm and keeps my lips soft until morning. I find it's smoother, compared to plain Vaseline. In the winter, I apply some to my feet and put socks on. In the morning, my skin is super soft and smooth. I also rub a bit on my cuticles. It's very multi-purpose! **UPDATE**: I've found that this is the culprit to my recent tiny breakouts around my mouth. So, the 5 "lipsticks" are for it's other uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2002 12:32:00 AM More reviews by grnfaerie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to agree, if I were stuck on a deserted island I would take along this ointment too! My dermatologist recommended this to me a few years ago when I was on Accutane and suffering from severly chapped lips. This stuff is like Neosporin but 1000x better. I use this on my lips, legs after shaving, on scabby blemishes (ew) and the next day everything is nearly healed. It is a little expensive for the size tube it comes in, but soooo worth the money. I'll never be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2002 8:31:00 PM More reviews by avakisskiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my desert island product ... if I could only keep one, this would be it. It is MUCH better than Vaseline. (Vaseline only seals in moisture - Aquaphor provides moisture and seals it in). It works everywhere for everything ... from my rough feet to my delicate lips. I continually buy it again and again. It's truly a cure-all!