July 24, 2014 | 1749 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2003 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Pam1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this product! It has many uses but I primarily use it as a lip moisturizer. I find it to be very healing and moisturizing on my dry lips. It seems "thicker" to me than Vasaline, so it stays on the lips better,yet it also absorbs. I have also used this as a cuticle cream. I love the "travel size" tube...very convienient and it is a lot of product for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2003 4:08:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

This is a very thick ointment that is effective but very ordinary. I apply it to my feet at night and then top w/ socks and my feet are appreciably softer in the morning.(The socks are a must b/c this stuff is greasy.) It has no smell and a little goes a long way. I think the price is reasonable considering a tub of this lasts months for me. Is it a miracle product? No, but it definitely will moisturize very dry chapped skin and you can't beat it for accessibility and versatility. Found at most drugstores and discount stores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2003 12:11:00 AM More reviews by KarenCG

This is a very handy product to keep on hand that has multiple uses. I've used it as a lip balm, and have slathered it on my feet, put on socks, and left it on overnight, and woke up with super soft feet. My son used it when his knuckes somehow got irritated and chapped, and it cleaned that up in about a day. Also good for cuts, burns, irritated skin, etc. The consistency is very similar to Vaseline, but a little thinner and not quite as greasy. Takes a little while to absorb. No scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2002 5:20:00 AM More reviews by mashimaru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is actually very similar to Vaseline. It is mostly petrolatum that's been thinned out with mineral oil and lanolin, so it's a little bit less greasy and sticky on your skin. But that's about it - not really sure why it costs more than twice as much as Vaseline.
I do like the product well enough, but I just don't think it's great enough to justify its high price. I don't like it as a lip balm (it's not better than my other lip balms, or even just straight Vaseline on my lips), and I don't like it as a hand cream (it's less sticky than Vaseline, but still somewhat sticky - Neutrogena Hand Cream absorbs better into my skin). And other things I might use this product for (feet, elbows, etc.)
So basically, it's like a thinner version of Vaseline - a little bit less sticky and greasy, but still ... sticky and greasy. It's a nice idea, but it's just not superior to any product I like using right now. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2002 5:37:00 PM More reviews by marisa193

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great multi-use product! This product helps to heal dry, cracked skin, and minor burns. I love it on my dry cuticles in winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2002 4:53:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as my nightly lipbalm and keeps my lips soft until morning. I find it's smoother, compared to plain Vaseline. In the winter, I apply some to my feet and put socks on. In the morning, my skin is super soft and smooth. I also rub a bit on my cuticles. It's very multi-purpose! **UPDATE**: I've found that this is the culprit to my recent tiny breakouts around my mouth. So, the 5 "lipsticks" are for it's other uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2002 12:32:00 AM More reviews by grnfaerie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to agree, if I were stuck on a deserted island I would take along this ointment too! My dermatologist recommended this to me a few years ago when I was on Accutane and suffering from severly chapped lips. This stuff is like Neosporin but 1000x better. I use this on my lips, legs after shaving, on scabby blemishes (ew) and the next day everything is nearly healed. It is a little expensive for the size tube it comes in, but soooo worth the money. I'll never be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2002 8:31:00 PM More reviews by avakisskiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my desert island product ... if I could only keep one, this would be it. It is MUCH better than Vaseline. (Vaseline only seals in moisture - Aquaphor provides moisture and seals it in). It works everywhere for everything ... from my rough feet to my delicate lips. I continually buy it again and again. It's truly a cure-all!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2002 3:20:00 AM More reviews by curly_q_cutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love to put this on my lips and sometimes I put it over my fave powder e/s to make it shiny! But it's a little on the very expensive side for such a little tube and I might as well use Vaseline!!