October 23, 2014 | 1617 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2003 8:10:00 PM More reviews by ericas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

thought i'd warn dry skin girls that this made the skin on my face extremely tight and dry and i have not too sensitive dry-combo skin. works great on my body, though, and have yet to try on my hair. i suspect it will be very good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2003 8:55:00 PM More reviews by dobieluv

oh, this is good stuff.I have the 4 oz bottle. No fragrance, no additives, just 100% pure jojoba oil.Great for the ends of my hair every day- I use a bbb to distribute the oil.Also I add it to my conditioners to make them more emollient. When I run out, I'll definately buy more!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2003 8:41:00 PM More reviews by duckgrl

Thanks for the helpful reviews. My now favorite moisturizer! I was expecting to break out, but instead it seems to keep my skin calm. It's perfect for using under a dry sunblock, and as long as I use the smallest amount to cover my face it also works well with makeup. Definitely worth a try, I like it far better than many years worth of super-pricey brands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2003 11:01:00 AM More reviews by moth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Picked this up on a MUA recommendation, too. This stuff makes my dry, frizzy, messed-up hair into something as soft as lamb's wool. Definitely buying this stuff again. Great that it is also multi-purpose: I have used it on my dry hands and feet, and on my kids when they are dry and itchy (they have very sensitive skin). Gets a 4 instead of a 5 because it's kinda pricey, imo. ***EDIT***: found this at Trader Joe's for half the price. I rarely use anything else on my hair, now. Package leaks, bad for traveling. A little piece of plastic wrap under the cap and screw down tight fixes this problem.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2003 5:30:00 PM More reviews by only1thanh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Helps keep my skin smooth and soft, but it was too much for my forehead. Made me break out a bit there. Other than that it's great for dry spots on my cheeks and chin. It would be better if a dropper was included with the bottle because I tend to pour out more than I need which is a waste.

Update 02/05/04: I used this for two weeks and stopped because little red bumps start appearing on my cheeks. I guess it's just too oily for me which is kinda weird because I have dry skin. Didn't do much for my dry, red patches either. I highly recommend Mario Badescu Healing Cream if you're really in need of a good moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2003 1:39:00 PM More reviews by jenuber

Thanks MUAers for leading me to this wonder oil. It is great, truly all purpose. I bought a different brand that has a flip top design which is pretty easy to use. The best thing is, I have had these dry rashy spots on my cheeks near my mouth for months that have sent me on this whole skincare product journey trying everything to get rid of them. And basically, after two nights of dabbing a little jojoba oil on those spots they were gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2003 2:27:00 AM More reviews by pinaro

that's a great product for my hair. i have chemically treated hair and this oil gave my hair moisture and shine. i am not planning to use it for my face though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2003 1:15:00 AM More reviews by ilajna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't believe this product! I am using Desert Essence (though I will still go look for the organic one) and the results are amazing! Everything that the ladies have said is absolutely true! This is a godsend for my dry-acne-prone skin. I've used it to take off eye makeup, as moisturizer both day and night and as a leave in for my scalp. I think it's even helped with hair loss. As always - thanks MUAers!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2003 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This does great things for my nails but I can't use it on my face.Broke me out horribly

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2003 3:14:00 PM More reviews by swizzles99

I was really hoping that this would be my HG. Unfortunately it totally broke me out (and my skin hardly ever breakouts). Maybe I should wait out the storm and see if it's one of those products that breaks you out for the first week or so. I'll give it another chance over winter break.