Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 12/15/2003 3:49:00 AM

UPDATE!! I've used this on my face, elbows, and feet for 3 days now, in addition to the time I was just using it on my upper arms. My upper arms are still dry patch-free and feeling silky! My left elbow, which had been dried out, is smooth as a baby's bottom! My right elbow, which was especially bad, isn't quite to 100% yet, but I do notice a dramatic difference! For the skin on my feet, I'd say there's an 80-85% improvement so far. Now, on my face, it can sting just a little when I first apply it, but it didn't make my face red or break out (so far, will update if that changes!), and the skin on my face feels unreal! I never would have dreamed that a cheap product would have had such dramatic results so quickly! I bought this based on MUA reviews, and I really can't thank you guys enough!!

I'll have to update this review after I try it on my face, but I felt it was worth reviewing just based on what it did for my upper arms.

The skin on my body has always been ultra soft. However, a couple of years ago I deleloped these tiny rough spots on my upper arms, and it really bothered me not to have my usual, perfect skin! I moisturized, but I really thought maybe it was something medical since nothing worked.

Based on reviews here, I purchased the Cetaphil cream. I really didn't like it at first. I like a moisturizer that feels moist, and this almost feels like glue. However, I decided to give it a week. Since I didn't like the feel of it, I only tried it on my upper arms. YOWZA! All the rough spots are gone! My skin feels great!

I'm going to start using this on my elbows, feet and face, and will report back. However, I definitely recommend this, especially for any rough patches! continued >>

on 12/8/2003 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't think I'd use this all over as a daily moisturizer, but I've been using it on this weird rashy, dry, scaly patch of skin and it's the only thing that's healing the irritation. Great stuff!

on 12/3/2003 9:41:00 PM

I carry a little pot of this in my purse always. Late in the work day when the processed office air has sucked my skin dry, I rub a little between my fingers and tap it on all over - gives a moist, dewy look to the skin. Just use a little bit, focus on dry areas (eg, not down the middle of your nose) and it works great to refresh your face. Also perfect on plane flights.

I LOVE this product already! Usually , I use the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer, and Olay Complete in the day but during winter time with my dry spots, this is great!! I purchased this yesterday night and slathered it on and woke up with extremely soft skin! It also feels silky smooth and it is very absorbant! It doesn't just ist on your face and I love the consistency. I had rough spots on my face due to the winter and they are completely gone after tonight! This cream works just as well if not better as your high end cream!

on 12/3/2003 8:23:00 AM

I like this cream. It moisturizes even the driest of skins. It's hypo-allergenic, non-comedogenic & fragrance free. If your skin is dry & sensitive, this is the cream for you.

on 11/25/2003 9:19:00 PM

It was sticky on my skin and didn't help with my extremely dry skin in the winter. I used to use it once when I moved to overseas and my skin was very very dry from the weather and heater. I've had used it about 1-2 month but my skin didn't improve much.

on 11/22/2003 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

EDIT: I stopped using this a long while ago. Again, I have combo(oily/dehydrated) acne prone skin. This makes my skin feel good, but it's shiny and greasy. It felt heavy. Better for dry skinned or normal skinned people. I used it up on my legs in winter.

on 11/20/2003 1:56:00 PM

I really like this cream! I tried it on recommendation from several MUA'ers and it live up to their raves. It's a very basic rich cream that I use day and night.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased the smaller tube size 3oz for $5.48. I did not like it at all. I have combination skin, dry forehead and oily cheeks and nose. This made me feel like i was spreading frosting all over my face, then it sat there like frosting. I only squeezed out a tiny bit and ick. It also smells like some kind of old lady cream. I was really bummed cause I was hoping to find something cheaper for my skin, but this is not it.

on 11/6/2003 12:53:00 PM

Okay, I took the advice of my fellow MUA'ers and bought this cream for my acne prone oily sometimes dry face !!!! whew!!!! And I don't regret it one second. I love this stuff! You only need a little and has not caused one single breakout. At first, I used too much and thought I would have a MAJOR breakout from it but I woke up to smooth hydrated skin. How did I make it without this cream? I even use it under my makeup and my skin isn't as oily as it used to be. Actually since using this my skin has been acting pretty normal. Plus, I use a BP (Benzoyl peroxide) cleanser morning and night, which never leaves me that dry because its in a cream base. So its nice to have this no frills moisturizer to go along with that!