September 20, 2014 | 1835 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2003 9:24:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a great moisturizer. I've used this for years -- on both my face and body. I use it as a body moisturizer now because I've found other moisturizers that work better on my face, but Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is something I will always keep on hand. I keep a tub of it in my bathroom and a tube in my travel bag. It is a staple of mine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2003 3:58:00 PM More reviews by SuziH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great, mild, heavier moisture cream that I use at night. Since I've been having 30% glycolic peels, I no longer use AHA or BHA creams or lotions, and this one provides exactly the amount of moisture I need. It's very soothing, and keeps me from getting flaky skin when I use 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide to prevent monthly hormonal breakouts. The cream is so mild, that it never irritates my skin and never causes breakouts. A great, basic cream moisturizer! ***Update 9/03: Althouhg this is a decent product, I've change my routine to use Serum de La Mer and Creme de La Mer; these products are more suited to my complexion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2003 5:18:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

I was reluctant to try this since I'm not a fan of the Cetaphil cleanser and the SPF moisturizer made my face burn like crazy -- but I was desperate to get rid of some small patches of dry flakies on my skin that I had not been able to get rid of with other products. Wow -- this one did the trick for me! No more dry flaky patches! This is fragrance free, and I have not experienced any breakouts or other problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2003 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Butterfly1981

Put this cream on your lips. I swear it feels like your lips are drinking it. It feels tingly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2003 11:56:00 PM More reviews by mashimaru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best cream for sensitive and dry skin. I rely on it to heal my skin when it becomes irritated (wind-chapping, too-harsh products, etc.)
It's a pretty heavy cream, and takes some time to absorb, so I only use it once in a while. But when I need an extra moisture boost, I can trust this product. I can feel a difference immediately, and my skin is usually healed overnight - dry, flaky skin is soft and smooth the very next day. This is a must-have for plane rides!
Sometimes I even use this as a moisture mask - put a thick layer on my skin and leave it there for about 30 minutes before enjoying a nice hot bath/shower. Feels great.
The price is pretty cheap - a big tub of this stuff shouldn't cost more than about $15 - so I use it liberally. I do wish it absorbed a little bit better, but I love how it works. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2003 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Charlies7thAngel

This is a great product for dry skin, especially if you're on some sort of over-drying acne medication. I've used all sorts of other moisturizers with fancy acids, vitamins, minerals, acne meds, etc, but this stuff is non-commodegenic, absorbs quickly and is the first moisturizer to not irritate my skin with new-fangled acidic assortments or heavy fragrances. My dermatologist recommends this as the only moisturizer to use that won't irritate my acne-prone skin, and it hasn't caused me any breakouts. I'll switch to the lighter, quicker absorbing lotion for the summer, but for winter skin, this is a great non-irritating, gentle moisturizer that can fully live up to the claim it makes: to moisturize.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2003 12:54:00 PM More reviews by farrahdawn

This is quickly becoming my favorite facial moisturizer. Not only is it cheap, but it is gentle and does exactly what it's supposed to -- moisturize my dry skin. The best part is that since it is so inexpensive, I don't have to save it for my face. I can use it on dry spots (elbows, knees, feet, etc...) that need it. It is very non-irritating, and I haven't had any break outs as a result of using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2003 11:54:00 AM More reviews by megzmegz

I thought this stuff from was going to be great since the bottle says it's non-comedogenic, but it broke me out on my chin. :( I'll use this on my body, which it seems good for. I'll stick to my Purpose Intensive Dailly Moisturizer and L'Occitane SPF 15 Shea Butter Day cream which don't break me out and moisturize well.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2003 4:14:00 PM More reviews by foreverafter

this product made my face extremely red/itchy and broke me out. I had to return it to the store. I didn't care for the texture or anything else about it, either. I had high hopes for this and it's too bad it didn't live up to the hype. I haven't liked other products by this brand, either. I would just warn girls with sensitive skin and acne to maybe try a test patch of this product first. overall, a bad experience.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2003 3:23:00 PM More reviews by BeKind20thers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The bottle goes along way, I've had it over a year now. You don't need much and it soaks right in. I only use it on my dry patches of skin because otherwise it gives me breakouts.