November 26, 2014 | 1789 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by xxnataliapxx

i heard all the hype about this foundation so i decided to try it. plus i have normal to dry skin and the name sheer GLOW was perfect. when i went to buy it the makeup artist took my makeup off and moisterized and primed my skin for the foundation so when they put it on it was super nice and glowy. but when i got home and tried to do the same thing it was just a little too thin and drying for me. the coverage is medium to full, its pefect for me cause i only need to even out my skin tone but when i applied the foundation it was too streaky and i needed to blend it with my fingers after. over all i can see why this might be a good foundation for other people cause of the coverage and the lightness of the foundation but it just didn't work for me. its not the worst foundaton i've tried but since it is a very expensive product i don't think i'll repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by ambrnazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think that this product gives you a "glow" per say, but it definately has a very finish in my opinion. I think that it has about a medium coverage which is fine for me, because I only need to even out my skin tone and cover a few acne scars around the chin. I have normal/dry skin, but I still need a little bit of moisturizer before I apply this. I definately recommend that you try it on in the store and look at it under different lightings and wear it throughout the day before you buy. Its quite an investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by codyeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I FINALLY FINALLY found my HG foundation!!! OMG this stuff is FANTFRIGGINTASTIC! Doesn't matter if i use a foundation brush or my fingers it goes on flawlessly! They say its a light to medium but buildable coverage, but I find it to be more medium 2 heavy. I wish it came in a pump bottle rather than a pour out bottle. It makes me waste more & this is not cheap! But worth every single penny. People says it's a dewy finish, but sometimes dewy looks sweaty 2 me @ least on very fair skin (I use the color Siberia). It just give me a glow/radiance, but no shimmer. I don't need to use a setting powder either. I have dry/combo skin & without makeup my skin has improved so much! Not a single breakout since i've been wearing it (started mid January) & my dry skin is no longer. I don't know how this would work on oily skin, maybe u would need a setting powder, but it's worth a try. I would spend double on this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by LipstickCouture

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Info: I am eurasian, NC20, neutral/yellow toned, areas of redness around nose, Normal to dry skin, a few previous acne scars along right jawline, splattering of very light freckles on nose.

Match: Deauville NARS Sheer glow foundation

Price: AUD 90!!

Pros:
Excellent coverage
Doesn't appear too heavy/cakey
Lasts longer than the average foundation on me

Cons:
Need to blend with fingers (foundation brush is not enough)
Have to work with the product quickly to get the result
Slightly luminous, certainly not glowing - you need a highlighter as well
No pump...I mean NARS, c'mon....90 bucks!!!

All in all, I will re-purchase, it's got heavier coverage than MUFE HD and photographs really well. I know 5/5 is a pretty score despite all the cons I have listed, but I really haven't found a better foundation yet and am very happy with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by SolidAthena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was searching for a foundation that made my skin look as natural as possible and this is it! It's wonderful, I would definetly buy this again. It feels very light on my skin, actually I can't even notice is there. I always use moisturizer before applying this because my skin get too tight right after I wash my face. Also, when I was buying the foundation the NARS lady told me that the foundation already has mosturizer inside and I should be noticing my skin being a bit softer than before but since I already wear mosturizer I don't know about that. Also, It cost me 55$CAD without taxes, a bit expensive for me.
EDIT: I apply it with a foundation brush

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Bambiina

Hate it! After only 3 hours it started to slide off my face, i dont have very oily skin either so i think its really weird.
After 4 hours my skin looked blotchy and started to itch super bad. And after taking it off, my skin feels dry and tight. (i think it gave me an allergic reaction) nars slide glow should be the name for this. Im going back to revlon photo ready, now that foundation gives me glow in the right way. HG :)

*Update*
I tried this one more time, and same thing happent, settled into my smiling lines after 2/3 hours. And it slided off my face again. But i like the coverage and its very blendable.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by neslin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best foundation I've ever used. I have it in color Gobi and i normally wear NC20 in MAC.When applied it feels like you're using a tinted mouisturizer and it's pretty light but you get medium coverage. I get numerous compliments on my skin when wearing this. It feels barely there and it doesn't look cakey nor dull. Even though I have very dry&sensitive skin i don't have any irrtations at all.I feel it does some mouisturizing too and i want to wear it everyday !

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by portalhop

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Siberia was a pretty good match for me, colorwise. It pulled a little yellow, but it was pale enough for me. However, I felt like my dry spots were accentuated. I tried applying this in a number of ways (foundation brush, fingers, dry sponge) and found that none of them left a "sheer" coverage, like I was hoping for. It got a little cakey at the end of the day, but a setting powder should fix that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by wontonjojo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off I have this color in Punjab. I am about NC30 in MAC, MUFE HD foundation in #123 or #127. My skin type is OILY and ACNE PRONE. I also own NARS Sheer Matte - Love it also but not as much as the Sheer Glow. I honeslty did not dare to try the Sheer Glow since my skin is oily but people have been raving about the Sheer Glow version so I just had to try it! The consistancy is not as thick as the Sheer Matte and it blends much easier into the skin. It gives a medium coverage but you can definitely build it up. This foundation is really not a "glowy" foundation by any means, it dries to a satin or semi-matte finish. I obviously do have to use a primer with this foundation and I use the Bare Escentuals/Minerals Oil Control water based primer. A water based or gel primer is recommeneded since this foundation is water based. Works amazing with this primer! If I'm in a rush or just running errands, I can get away with a few hours of no oilies - keep in mind, just a few. I also set the foundation with a powder and I can get away with only touching up once during the day with the primer underneath. This foundation has not caused me to break out at all unlike the MUFE HD foundation. For the oily skinned gals out there like myself, DO NOT HESITATE to try the Sheer Glow. If you need the extra oil control, invest in a good primer and powder. It is simply an amazing foundation that you should definitely try.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by jasminebeauty

I returned the MUFE Face and Body and got this in Fiji, which matched my skin perfectly. I have worn this for about a month and so far it's awesome. I apply it with my fingers since the heat makes it "melt" into my skin and then blend with a flat-top brush. I wore this for a whole week during training for my new job, and it endured my 16-hour days and held up beautifully. Whenever I don't get enough sleep, my skin reacts very negatively and any foundation I use would inevitably ball up on my skin. This is my biggest pet peeve! But this did not happen with Nars Sheer Glow. After each sleepless night in my hotel, I looked forward to applying this foundation because I knew it would not fail me. It makes you look well-rested and flawless. I think that's why they named it "sheer glow".