October 20, 2014 | 1561 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by jenniff25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, natural looking foundation if applied lightly. I loved the way it made my face look, but unfortunately after a couple of weeks I began to break out! I can no longer use mac or nars foundations, powders or blushes because they just seem to be too heavy and loaded with ingredients that clog my skin. Too bad! I have discovered Benefit products now, and love almost everything they make. Most importantly, no breakouts or allergic reactions.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Siobhan195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very dissapointed with this product. I went to great lengths to buy it after hearing the guru's rave and rave about it. I'm glad it works for so many people, but certainly not me.

For one, the product is incredably streaky, so much so that it can't even be applied with a foundation brush. The MUA recommended to apply with fingers, I was surprised at the time, but soon realized why!

The product is so thin that it seems to highlight the dryer areas of my skin (I dont have patches of dry skin, just little dryness here and there, nothing major).
It cant seem to apply evenly between my eyebrows as it attaches itself to the tiny (unnoticable) hairs between my brows. That area is normally very patchy. So strange, I have never seen that in a foundation!

I feel the product isn't very long lasting, as the thin formula again gets rubbed off quite easily throughout the day.

Overall, I'm finding it working against my dry skin despite the fact that its for dry skin? Very dissapointing!

I also was not happy with their range of colours. I had a consultation with the MUA to colour match me and she said Deaveulle(SP) was the best she could do, and I'd have to really blend it out towards my jawline...Okkkayyy..? The colour looks well once blended out, but it is not a good match for me as its far too yellow for my skin.

I also have to use a lot to blend over my entire face, another aspects of my dry skin I assume so I'm sure this product wont last long. A shame considering how expensive it is.

There are two pros for this product, and that is why i've awarded the two lippies.

For its consistency, it has relatively good coverage giving a natural look which reflects light well.
It does not make your skin glow, but it certainly doesn't make it look "powdery" either. The foundation reacts well when light hits it, but I would not call it radiant.

I think Nars could have afforded to put a pump in. Tightening their belts I wonder? Keep the customers happy and coming back, and you're recession-proof!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by shantellle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though I am very fair I purchased this foundation in mont blanc rather than siberia,the lightest color,because it was O so yellow and I have alot of pink in my natural pale skin. I am quite pleased with the color even though it does add a touch of warmth to my pallor....I remember a make up artist for Nars telling me long ago that mont blanc was the color he used on Nicole Kidman and the like. I find with this moderately high priced foundation (55 dollars canadian) a beautiful glowing coverage. I use shisedo stick concealer in #1 then layer this over top...quite flawless and makes my over 40 skin look young and healthy. Go for it beauties!!!!!!

A loving and forgiving heart always sees and is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by mijo2u

I have been using this Foundation for about 5 months now. I am NC30 for MAC and I have Nars Sheer Glow in Punjab.

Color Match: I matched myself online which was not the best idea, however the color is pretty close to my skin, just a tad bit lighter than my skin. It even kind of made me look a little more pale, but the color is good, just a tiny bit of difference, Its really good, just if you keep staring in the mirror like me, however my opinion is bias on the color since i do like a color that has more of a bit yellow or tan undertone, like that of MAC Mineralize Satin finish.

Coverage: The coverage is good. I really like how the end results look, its very natural but it covers well, i do not need any concealer unless its under my eyes besides that it covers well. It leaves my skin feeling fresh, no sticky or humid. Its not heavy or thick. Its very light and easy to wear. and the end results are pretty impressive due to the thinness of the foundation.

Price: The price in the US is $42 which is very pricey in my opinion, compared to MAC's Liquid Studio Finish which is $26, however both foundations are different. Is this foundation worth buying? Yes, if its the only you will have, however if you already have plenty of different brands it is not a must have, i think something else just might due.

Packaging: Terrible. i Hate it. there is no pump and the cap is like the material of the NARS blushes, so it is always getting dirty and it is a drag to always keep cleaning it. And when using it i always tend to spill it on the sink or on the bottle itself, maybe because I'm a bit clumsy, Who know maybe many have this problem as well.

I would buy this product again if it is the only foundation i would be using, i really really like it. its very smooth and easy to use. i like the end results it gives me and how it last all day, and due to my dry skin this foundation works very well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In refereence I'm an NC25 & I use Nars Sheer Glow in 'Fiji' which is a teeny bit darker than NC25. I like how the texture is light & feels quite velvety as you put it on. To be honest, it's not that sheer. It covered my blemish scars yet it's such a lightweight liquid. I'm surprised!

Colour wise, this foundation is so yellow toned compared to all of my other foundations i.e MAC, Chanel, Revlon.. even Bobbi Brown. So the colour match is not exact to my skin but the yellowness brightens my complexion (I feel). In Australia, this foundation is $99, even higher than Chanel - you kidding?

However, it feels so great on my skin & doesn't break my acne prone skin out. I will purchase again & rip the purchase of $99 off like a bandaid.

EDIT: This foundation is not the best, it oxidises on my skin by after lunch time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this to try out because of all the hype and got color matched with Syracuse by a Sephora MA. In the store it looked like a perfect match so I bought it. After three days of consistent use, I noticed that the color was a bit too dark for my complexion and with or without moisturizer and primer my face would be oily within four hours of application. I feel I gave this product a fair try but will stick to my HG...MUFE foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by courtsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product - it matches my fair skin perfectly. I just wish it had a pump.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after trying samples of about a dozen foundations. I was NOT GOING to put up with anything but the best thing I could find.

I tried this on at the counter and managed to harass (politely) the salesperson to let me take a sample (they dont normally give them out, to heck with that). I liked the way it went on and also went to sephora and got a few different shades (sephoras in my city carry this but not in every shade!!) without any problem.

I really like this foundation. It looks very natural and feels very light weight. Its lasting power is average, so I am figuring out a way to use concealer on blemishes without ruining the natural look.

EDIT: It doesn't really last, even with primer and finishing powder. Sigh. you look awesome in from of your own mirror but then you catch a glimpse later on and you're like "FU**"

NOTE- I don't even have terribly oily skin.

And it settles into pores if you have large ones (which I do).

but if you have really nice skin already and want an amazing foundation to wear to dinner or something and dont mind shelling out a lot this is for you.

I still like to use mine but its not my everyday if I want a lasting foundation.

EDIT- I tossed this. It doesn't look natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I intially thought i was going to hate this foundation. I have combination/oily skin and the word 'glow' when used in mu terms uaually puts me off, im shiny enough!! When the foundations (sheer glow, sheer matte) first came out i purchased sheer matte as i thought it would be better suited for my skin type. I do like it but i was tired of always wearing matte (flat) make up so whilst in a department store recently i asked an mua on the NARS counter to try it on me. I left without buying it as i didn't think it looked all that great and wanted to see it in natural light (you know how some mua's put the wrong shade on you and in natural light you look either orange or ashy!!). I had forgotten i had the foundation on until i caught a my face in the mirror-omg! my skin had never looked so good. I looked healthy (which is hard sometimes when you're pale) and my skin had a satin glow (not ott disco ball glow). I could not believe how good it looked. I had to get it the very next day.

I wear it in shade Mont Blanc (light 2) which matches me perfectly, im nw15/20 depending on foundation and time of year. I find using my fingers to apply it the best way and it looks so much better after a little while. I think thats what put me off in the store, it doesn't look that great as soon as you apply it. Give it a go-Combi/oily ladies it can work on our skin type.

Edit: Still loving the foundation but i now have it in a lighter shade (religious SPF use).in Siberia. I use the loose powder in Snow and my skin looks almost flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by shadowgerl

packaging really has a lot of room for improvement, i always end up pouring out too much and feeling bad about wasting product, especially when its so expensive. i have this in fiji and i think it suits my asian skin fine. the amazing thing is that it is so lightweight; i feel like my pores can actually breathe through this.
if this has spf, it would be perfect!