July 25, 2014 | 1673 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got matched to Deue...Deauville in the original NARS foundation.
So I just picked this up in the same shade in Sheer Glow.

Now my skin is problematic.
It's dehydrated oily skin? Acne prone. With suuuper problems in the winter. (Super dry in Canada)

I love this on my cheeks, and everywhere that is not dry.
On dry skin, it emphasizes it amazingly .. horribly.

It does make you feel hydrated.
The foundation itself is a runny consistency, with no pump.
The lid/top doesn't even close properly, which is odd..

It's not worth it for me, because of my dry skin, but I would think this would be great for oily skin. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 6:15:00 AM More reviews by 08Emily89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oily skins CAN use this! I got a sample of this in barcelona which is a bit too peachy for me but still an okay match. I used to use mac studio fix fluid which was so sticky and made my face a tacky oily mess but i just stuck with it due to the good colour match (nc35). After reading reviews on this i read so many people were saying you don't need bronzer or blush and i was like "why not?" but after trying this out i totally get it, it highlights all the right places. AND this controlled my oil all day! and it's not even a oil controlling foundation. I'll definately be buying this in "stromboli" which is a perfect match!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by niseixtenshi

I'm reviewing the shade Stromboli...and I'm loving this product! I use a Sephora stippling brush and pat, pat, pat away. Gives an amazing and flawless air-brushed look. I could actually go without bronzer or brush while wearing this product. This foundation makes my skin glow while looking natural. I'm so happy with this purchase.

Edit: I've been using this daily for quite some time now. It has not broken me out and I still love it just as much as when I first got it. HG status for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by mari42000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So I jumped on the ban wagon because everyone was talking about this foundation I have to say it totally broke me out. I am acne prone and just 3 weeks ago I was acne free until I started using this foundation and now I can't get my skin back on track. However the color I got was spot on so that is the only good thing about the foundation.
Edit- I got my acne under control and wanted to give this another go I have been using it for the past 3 months and its been perfect. I have been using this foundation with the cover fx primer and my makeup comes out flawless I also apply the foundation with the MAC 109 brush. No more break outs..yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Crump360

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a few months and I think that this is a great foundation. Although (for me) it is not the best but I really do like using it. I got this in Cadiz which matches my palish winter skin. I like liquid foundation that has buildable coverage and this foundation can be used excatly in this way. It is easy to blend and gives great coverage in my opinion. I have found great results using a foundation brush, my fingers and a sponage. It feels very light on the skin and covers imperfections flawlessly. Also, not a lot of product is needed for good coverage. I much prefer this foundation to their other NARS varieties (such as the firming foundation and the sheer matte foundation which was too light for me in the Cadiz color). NARS has definately stepped up it color game and added a bunch of new colors (esspecially for us women of color) to the Sheer Glow and Matte foundations to ensure the perfect color match. Because of the sheerness of the foundation, most people will be able to find a color that will work with their skin tone.

But like I said before this is not the best foundation I have ever used. It does need to be retouched by the afternoon, so the staying power is not incredible but very typical of most foundation (at least on my combination skin). Also, I think the name of this ("sheer glow") is misleading. Although I think that this foundation is sheer and buildable, it does not give you a "glow". There is no brightening affect with this foundation (but that is not saying that you are not going to get a flawless finish). I think that is why people are disspointed by this foundation, because they expect it to live up to its name. Also, I hate that there is no pump because it makes the bottle a little messy but it does not irritate me all that much. Overall, I would recommend and purchase again. I prefer light foundations that have sheer buildable coverage and this foundation fits the bill, but if you are looking for heavier full coverage, with light refecting particles to give you that so called "glow". This is not it, and good luck finding that foundation.
UPDATE (3/26/2010)****
I added another lippy to make 5 lippies! This foundation has great lasting power! I applied it this morning before work 730am and 8 hours later I haven't needed to touch up. Also, I feel like it helps to keep my blush from fading away as well, LOVE THIS STUFF. SO FAR THE BEST FOUNDATION I HAVE USED.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by heebz9984

Def HG material! this foundation makes you look very natural.

Now the name is a little misleading. Me being a girl with oily skin bought this a honestly didn't think I would like it. When I heard "sheer glow", I thought that this would not cover any of my redness and would make me look like a oily slick. But trying it, I am very very happy with it. I looks natural on. You can apply it with your fingers and well as a wet sponge. It covered me redness completely. It does not make any expression lines stand out. It last a while, but not a long as my day (which is 13 hours) but what does. After about 6 hours it makes my skin look alittle oily, but not WHOAH OILY SLICK LIKE. It makes it look like I am glowing. It is made for normal skin. It has not caused my acne prone skin to break out. This might be HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Lulette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After using Mac Face & Body for over a year and with a waning loyalty to it, and after numerous rave reviews for Nars Sheer Glow, I decided to give it a try. I found my match in "Barcelona". Pros: the color is spot on for my tanned olive complexion, and blends beautifully. A little goes a long way with this foundation, though even when layered it still appears natural and provides good coverage. Cons: It can be drying, and it will highlight flakes if I don't use a good moisterizing base. Overall, this is the best foundation I have used as it looks natural and wears extremely well.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Helenaray

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got punjab for my NC 25-30 skin. The colour is too gold for me. I have to find better colour probably more yellow tone. So this review is about the quality.

I used this product with a clean brush. At the end of the day, when I removed my makeup,I got dark spots on my both cheeks where I applied little heavier than other areas. I also got some small pimples on my chin. Later, my skin got worse.

This never happened to me when I used Makeup For Ever.

I am not sure if this was caused by Nars Sheer Glow, but when I read other reviews, other people seemed to have similar problems who rated 2 or 3 stars.

Conclusion: I am not giving up with this product. I plan to try it again and will update my review later. But if you have sensitive, dry or acne prone skin, I don't recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by IslandLover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to get a sample of this after hearing many rave reviews and I was very disappointed when this didn't work for me. I do like the consistency of this foundation but the coverage was just "okay" for me. I understand that it's not supposed to be heavy coverage but it didn't even feel like medium coverage for me. I felt like I could find something similar for much cheaper. Another con is that for the price, there seems to be no applicator on the bottle. For that much money, NARS can opt to include a pump at the least. Also, the finish of this foundation simply did not work for me. I do tend to have pretty oily skin but primers & oil absorbing powders help me out a lot. And generally in the winter, my skin is not nearly as oily. I use MAC's Studio Sculpt foundation with no problems in the winter. But this foundation made me look like an oil slick which really surprised me. I just looked too shiny for my liking. The color selection is nice but the biggest reason I will not be repurchasing is because it made me break out. The only other foundation to ever break me out was Bare Minerals original formula because of that one ingredient so I was very surprised that Sheer Glow made me break out - especially if I can use MAC's foundations with no problems. In any case, this seems to work well for a lot of people but I warn everyone to obtain a sample first to try out before splurging on the bottle. For reference I am an NW35 and used the color "Barcelona."

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by honeybeeyy

I have been using this for couple months. The texture of this foundation is very nice. It gives you a nice glow and it is not heavy at all. However, I have stopped using it due to the color. I've bought Fiji, but it is too yellowish on me (I'm asian with a light to medium skin tone). Gobi is too white, Deauville is too pink, and Ceylan is too dark for me. I like the texture and finish of this foundation, but I just cannot find a color that matches my skin tone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No