Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/13/2011 5:58:00 AM

This product is so over rated and over priced. I would rather get 6 different Nyx runway Palette than this one. For the same price, I get more value with Nyx and the quality is just the same.

on 8/13/2011 2:30:00 AM

It's okay. Too much fallout. Too much glitter. I love about 2 of the colors. Gun metal looks dirty and too dark for me.

on 8/13/2011 2:03:00 AM

Ever since this product came out I have always wanted to try it, and I finally had the chance when it was in stock at my local Macy's Urban Decay counter. I was reconsidering since it can be sort of pricey, but let me tell you that my purchase was definitely worth it. I love all the colors and I use it everyday and it still looks brand new. I love this and if you are considering i suggest you go for it. You will love it as much as I. :)

on 8/13/2011 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited when i finally purchased this. I was on a waiting list for like 4 months! CRAZY! there was so much hype about this product and it drove me to buy it!
yes this is an awesome palette and has great colours and it is really pigmented.
BUT i feel like i dont use it enough for the amount i payed!
it is a great product i do love it but if you want it just for the hype not worth it!

on 8/12/2011 10:33:00 PM

I have to agree with Glowing500. UD needs to put out a palette for the cooler shades. I got this product because it kept selling out at Sephora. Bottom line is while it is pretty, for over $40 bucks, it is NOT ALL THAT!

on 8/12/2011 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I don't love this palette as much as I was hoping I would but I am glad that I bought it. The colors are really pretty and are all so pigmented. I do have a problem with fallout but I use tape to remove majority of it. Overall, this is a great product.

on 8/12/2011 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Great eye shadow!!!!

on 8/12/2011 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Oh course I bought into the hype and bought this

The colors are much too warm for my cool coloring. Warning to cool toned ladies: Stay way from this palette. The only colors I can wear are "Sin" and "Gunmetal", both of which I already own.

Come on Urban Decay...put out a COOL palette for us fair skinned ladies!

on 8/12/2011 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

YES YES YES this is such an awesome product!! I adore this palette; I searched high & low for it to no avail and finally on a flight back from Greece they were offering it from the duty free catalogue wooo hoo! It has some beautiful colours which can all be mixed to create different looks. The colours get more dramatic from left to right, from a very pale, shimmery rose "Virgin" to a deep, glittery dark grey "Gunmetal." I rarely wear the colours on their own as I like to create "looks" with the different colours, so I use them in pairs. Each "pair" fits together, which is handy! So I wear Virgin & Sin together, and Smog & Darkhorse etc. My favourite combination is Half Baked (a bright, brassy gold) over the lid, Smog (a deep shimmery oak) in the crease and Dark Horse (a very dark, sultry brown) across the lash line. I would agree with previous statements that the palette is best for darker colourings and it really suits my olive skintone. Even the two greys are very warm colours which means I can now do a grey smokey eye instead of the normal brown one which I have always done in the past!! I love the inclusion of the mini Primer Potion, as it is a make-up must have for me and it's great for holidays. The pencil is double-ended, black and deep brown. I actually really like it despite being notoriously picky about liners. It's not smudge-able but it leaves a nice line, not as long-lasting as some though. All in all, such good quality, blendable shadows, it is actually very good value for money.

I put off buying this for so long. I kept seeing beautiful looks and swatches of it that left me drooling, but I kept telling myself that I didn't need it, I have a lot of neutrals already, it's expensive... etc. Finally, after having a fortunate payday, I cracked down and bought it about two months ago. Immediately, I had buyer's regret and planned to take it back. I guess it was fate for me to get it though, because I misplaced my receipt and couldn't return it.

And I'm so glad I didn't! As I said, it's been about two months, and I've been using this palette almost daily!
Virgin (a pale, slightly shimmery pink) makes a great highlight/inner corner colour.
Sin (a slightly darker, metallic rose) is a great natural color to use on your lids for soft looks.
Naked (a matte, pale beige) is the exact colour of my lids and is good for no-makeup looks.
Sidecar (a glittery taupe) is quite beautiful, but the amount of glitter fallout puts me off of using it much. If it didn't have the glitter, it would be my favourite colour.
Buck (a matte nutty brown) is the crease complement for Naked, and is a good brow colour for most.
Half Baked (a bright, metallic gold) is absolutely lovely on the lid, and can be used for both daytime and nighttime looks.
Smog (a gorgeous burnt, shimmery, deep gold) is my absolute favorite colour in this palette. I use it on the lid almost daily, alone.
Darkhorse (a dark greenish-brown with gold flecks) is a lovely crease colour.
Toasted (a dark, metallic purplish pink) is a great sultry lid colour to use in both light and dark looks.
Hustle (a dark shimmery reddish-purple) is a wonderful crease colour and works very well with every colour in the palette. Very user-friendly.
Creep (a glittery black) is a great black to have, although I could do without the glitter in this one. It's not as bad as Sidecar though, the glitter stays on your lids.
Gunmetal (a metallic silver) is an absolute must-have when creating smokey eyes, a true shadow gem!
The brush it comes with is not what I'm used to using with shadows, but it works relatively well when I'm in a pinch. It's soft and packs the colour on nicely.
The mini UDPP is great for when I wear the shadows for an extended period of time. It's a great inclusion and nice to have around, but I don't think I'll buy a full-sized when I run out.

I've been able to create dozens of different looks with this palette, from soft to edgy, daytime to nighttime, office to party. When I go on vacation, I take this with me and I'm completely set for anything. I absolutely adore it and think it was worth EVERY penny. When I run out, I will be sure to repurchase!!

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
The Nudes
NAKED3

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches