October 24, 2014 | 1943 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I must say, I am surprised by the quality of this powder. I have been using MAC for a while now, but it wasn't everything I wanted it to be. After reading the reviews for this product, I went ahead and bought it. I use the darkest shade, Hazelnut. It helped make my skin look flawless and matte. I am really pleased.

My only problem is the packaging, but eh..I'll live.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by pinkprepster

BEST compact I have ever used! I am a teenager and I use it for touchups during the day and it is awesome. It gets rid of the oil and covers well... I will def. buy this product again. Maybelline has always impressed me. I am getting low on this powder so I bought the Mineral Power pressed powder and it is also super amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Leslies18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have been using bare minerals, and although I do love it...I wanted to find something more accessible and less expensive. Also I started to notice I would get oily with bare minerals, and I would be shiny in my Tzone..So I tried this. I really like it and would recommend trying it. They do not have many colors, and I think that should probably be expanded, but luckily I found my color (honey) and have really enjoyed it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

Once again, Maybelline disappoints me. I bought this one week at Walgreens when Maybelline was BOGO Free. I bought this in Light 4, which is Nude, though I wear their Pure Makeup in Light 2 or Light 3. The shade was all wrong. One swoop across and this powder made me look ghostly. After this product, I'm pretty much done with Maybelline. I should've trusted my instrincts in the first place. However, the powder wasn't too heavy and did give matte look. So, I give it a 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by blondie7icecold

I really like this powder, and I wasn't expecting to since my skin's so sensitive. I always seem to get a shiny forehead no matter what I use, even in the winter. This stuff really helps! Little to no shine after hours of wear. I've only been using for a brief time, so I'm not sure if it causes me to break out, but so far so good. The only drawback is that it does look a little chalky if you put too much on, but that's not really a big deal if you don't overdo it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Kat2004

I really like this powder! I have to say i'm impressed by the quality of this inexpensive mattifying little gem. I got it for about $10CAN after reading all the positive reviews. It really does control my oil all day without a touch-up. The texture is so smooth and silky. I find the best way to apply this is build it up slowly...applying too much at once can make it look chalky. This is one of the few powders that I will completely use up and repurchase for sure.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bottomline, i almost gave my son this as a toy but then i knew it would become his chew toy so i threw it all the way down the garbage disposal. One word that comes to mind when i think of this is chalky, maybelline needs to do better for women of color. I am very golden, at first glance i like it but as the day wears on my face just looks chalky and uneven, another hit and miss with maybelline was it's counterpart, maybelline dream matte liquid mousse foundation, just horrible especially if you are oily like me, big HELL 2 THE NO!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by JohnnyTruelove2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this, it has been the only thing that has ever controlled my oil. I have tried HE powders (Shiseido, BB, MAC, BE) and this one has worked better than any of the ones I have listed. I can put this on and not get shine for at least 8 hours. I like it as a foundation and as a touch up powder. The coverage is very easy to control. It has a slight scent to it, but it's pleasant. Also, this is GREAT for fair girls. The colors do NOT run dark like the Dream Mousse foundations do, so if you had no luck with those, please try this out. I'm a cool/neutral brunette and I wear Light 4-5 Cream in Winter and Medium 1-2 Sand in Summer with a tan. and it melts into my skin. My favorite thing about this powder is that it never looks chalky or cakey. This HG material for sure and I will continue to keep on buying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG powder when I'm super oily!! This does work wonderfully as a foundation AND a powder. A lil bit takes care of your whole face. This powder doesn't settle into my fine lines or pores. I can't wear the dream matte mousse foundation cause it breaks me out...it is a no go with my skin. But this powder...highly recommended.

xoxoxo
    luv,
    jessie

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by ValleyOfSins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG powder! I have a lot of trouble finding a powder foundation that's light enough for my skin, but this in it's lightest tone is. It works to set my liquid foundation, or as a foundation itself on day I don't want to wear a lot on my face. I stays put, keeps my face from appearing shiney, and doesn't irritate, dry out, or break out my skin. It's got great texture and evens up my skin tone perfectly. Love it!