August 29, 2014 | 1836 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

Once again, Maybelline disappoints me. I bought this one week at Walgreens when Maybelline was BOGO Free. I bought this in Light 4, which is Nude, though I wear their Pure Makeup in Light 2 or Light 3. The shade was all wrong. One swoop across and this powder made me look ghostly. After this product, I'm pretty much done with Maybelline. I should've trusted my instrincts in the first place. However, the powder wasn't too heavy and did give matte look. So, I give it a 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by blondie7icecold

I really like this powder, and I wasn't expecting to since my skin's so sensitive. I always seem to get a shiny forehead no matter what I use, even in the winter. This stuff really helps! Little to no shine after hours of wear. I've only been using for a brief time, so I'm not sure if it causes me to break out, but so far so good. The only drawback is that it does look a little chalky if you put too much on, but that's not really a big deal if you don't overdo it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Kat2004

I really like this powder! I have to say i'm impressed by the quality of this inexpensive mattifying little gem. I got it for about $10CAN after reading all the positive reviews. It really does control my oil all day without a touch-up. The texture is so smooth and silky. I find the best way to apply this is build it up slowly...applying too much at once can make it look chalky. This is one of the few powders that I will completely use up and repurchase for sure.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bottomline, i almost gave my son this as a toy but then i knew it would become his chew toy so i threw it all the way down the garbage disposal. One word that comes to mind when i think of this is chalky, maybelline needs to do better for women of color. I am very golden, at first glance i like it but as the day wears on my face just looks chalky and uneven, another hit and miss with maybelline was it's counterpart, maybelline dream matte liquid mousse foundation, just horrible especially if you are oily like me, big HELL 2 THE NO!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by JohnnyTruelove2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this, it has been the only thing that has ever controlled my oil. I have tried HE powders (Shiseido, BB, MAC, BE) and this one has worked better than any of the ones I have listed. I can put this on and not get shine for at least 8 hours. I like it as a foundation and as a touch up powder. The coverage is very easy to control. It has a slight scent to it, but it's pleasant. Also, this is GREAT for fair girls. The colors do NOT run dark like the Dream Mousse foundations do, so if you had no luck with those, please try this out. I'm a cool/neutral brunette and I wear Light 4-5 Cream in Winter and Medium 1-2 Sand in Summer with a tan. and it melts into my skin. My favorite thing about this powder is that it never looks chalky or cakey. This HG material for sure and I will continue to keep on buying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG powder when I'm super oily!! This does work wonderfully as a foundation AND a powder. A lil bit takes care of your whole face. This powder doesn't settle into my fine lines or pores. I can't wear the dream matte mousse foundation cause it breaks me out...it is a no go with my skin. But this powder...highly recommended.

xoxoxo
luv,
jessie

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by ValleyOfSins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG powder! I have a lot of trouble finding a powder foundation that's light enough for my skin, but this in it's lightest tone is. It works to set my liquid foundation, or as a foundation itself on day I don't want to wear a lot on my face. I stays put, keeps my face from appearing shiney, and doesn't irritate, dry out, or break out my skin. It's got great texture and evens up my skin tone perfectly. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

i use this as a powder foundation and really like it. i got the lightest warm shade (the cool toned one looked pink!) and it is a great match for my very pale skin, while also toning down any redness. it evens my skintone and leaves a matte, non-cakey finish and, most importantly, does not break me out or clog my pores.

in the morning i apply moisturizer, sunscreen and then brush this on top to set everything. i dont find that it provides any kind of exceptional oil control but it lasts as well as many of the mineral powder foundations that ive tried. since i dont use the brush it came with, the packaging seems fine to me. you just flip up the top like any other compact.

overall, a great product. definitely offers more coverage than other pressed powders, and without being heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by squeex

This stuff is really nice, especially for the price. It's so smooth and silky, and it makes my skin feel so soft. I do have a few complaints though. I've noticed that if I put too much of this on, it can look cakey, but that might be because the shade I have (the lightest one) is slightly too light for my skin tone. The other complaint that I have is that this doesn't control my shine for as long as I'd like. Then again, I haven't found anything that does. This is still an excellent powder, and I will buy again, just in another shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my new touch up powder for my purse. I wanted a sheer, inexpensive powder to take on the go so I didn't need to take my Colorescience that could easily break and cause me great sadness. Maybelline was 40% off so I decided on this. I got Light. The color is perfect for my skin and the formula is very sheer. I don't have any cakiness or orange-ing problems that many powders can have. I only need to touch up once a day, so there must be some oil control going on there. I like the swivel compact, it is the same as the pressed mineral powder compact. I don't use the little round sponge, i like to put it on with my retractable kabuki.