October 2, 2014 | 998 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2005 1:13:00 PM More reviews by chocmartini00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally use Almay Dual Phase to remove my eye makeup but I hated the oiliness. I was in search of a completely oil-free eye makeup remover and I tried the one from Maybelline and I hated it! It was as effective as using water to attempt to remove my eye makeup. I came across this product- although it says it's oil-free it looks like Almay Dual Phase (you have to shake up the bottle before using.) It does not remove as effectively as an oil based eye makeup remover but it is extremely effective in removing my heavy eyemakeup and waterproof eyeliner and mascara. HG if you are looking for an effective eye makeup remover that is oil free because it does the job well and it's cheap, less than $5!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2005 11:31:00 PM More reviews by nadery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best eye make up remover for my sensitive eye area. It does take couple swipes to remove all of the makeup, but it still works better than some products I've tried before.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2005 7:11:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This remover states it's oil free, but to me it is a bit oily... It removes all traces of my NWP mascara & doesn't irritate the outer corners of my eyes. I'm usually left with some mascara reside under my eyes when I wake up the next day, but not with this one =) I just wish it came with a pump on the bottle...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2005 11:04:00 PM More reviews by quackypenguin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this product is oil-free, it felt very greasy going on my skin. I don't wear that much eye makeup (usually just black mascara), but I found that this product didn't get everything off no matter how much I wiped. I moistened a cotton ball with it and wiped my eyes, but when I woke up in the morning, there would always be a little eye makeup left that had irritated my eyes. Not a horrible product, but once the bottle's done, I'll be looking for something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2005 2:47:00 PM More reviews by rational

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gentle and effective on waterproof mascara, no stinging, slight oily residue that washes off easily with normal cleanser. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2005 9:34:00 AM More reviews by tmpr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely, I will buy this again. I really, really love this eye makeup remover. this remover is so gentle to my eyes. It does not leave a oily residue that gives me cloudy vision. It just swipes away my makeup and leaves my eye area soft. I actually look forward to removing my mascara and eyeshadow. UPDATE: I realized that I does leave some residue mascara behind. It has been demoted because it doesn't work as well. I may go back to Sephora's makeup remover, or just plain, old baby oil.
Two thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2005 1:34:00 AM More reviews by yeyette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I'm very sensitive to any eye product.
This one doesn't sting, is effective even on WP mascara, and isn't very expensive.
It leaves an oily film on my skin, but nothing terrible, it can be removed easily with lukewarm water or with a face gel cleanser.
This is the first interesting product I found after my Yves Rocher Bio calmille eye makeup rmeover has been discontinuated. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2005 1:16:00 AM More reviews by ladyz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This dual phase cleanser is probably the best eye makeup remover at the drugstore. Non-irritating, slight residue but not intolerable. I keep of bottle of this in my kit for when I do makeup jobs. Check your store because I have also found it in a larger size at my Walmart.

HOWEVER, the hands-down absolute best eye makeup remover on the planet is Lise Watier's Solution Double. It works a lot faster that this remover, including waterproof mascara, no irritation and not a trace of residue. Lise Watier's is harder to find (see my review for info) and it's more expensive, but it is worth twice the price as far as I am concerned.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2005 8:05:00 PM More reviews by astriastri

My eyes are always watery so I can only wear waterproof mascara. I've been looking for the perfect (and good value) eye makeup remover and have switched from Loreal to Clinique and back to Loreal and finally gave Neutrogena. This is by far the best eye makeup remover I have used because it removes all traces of eyeliner, shadows and even my waterproof mascara! It is very gentle and doesn't sting at all!

Tip: To remove eye makeup, rest cotton pad (dabbed with eye makeup remover) on top of closed eye and wait for a couple of minutes before gently swiping cotton off. This is not only more efficient in dissolving the makeup, but it also prevents damage to the sensitive skin around the eye area due to violent pulling and rubbing.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2005 1:01:00 AM More reviews by bethany117

This removes eye makeup very well and has no sting to it. No complaints here. I will repurchase in the future.