Neutrogena Oil Free eye makeup remover

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Poloxamer 182, Allantoin, Tripotassium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate.

on 1/21/2006 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Best stuff ever. I used to use Mary Kay's make up remover, but this stuff is just as good, if not better, at a 1/4 of the price. Excellent. It does leave a bit of oily residue afterwards, but I don't mind since it does such a great job, and plus I always shower after I take off my make up anyways. This stuff takes off all my waterproof mascaras, too.

on 1/18/2006 9:19:00 PM

Love this eye makeup remover...I too only wear waterproof mascara, and after years of using Maybelline remover, this one works great! Really gets all the mascara off, Maybelline would be so greasy and I would always have alot of black circles around my eyes the next day (I don't miss that). My only complaint too is that there could be a better design for the bottle...I drop everything...and I'm always careful with this because I don't want to waste a drop! I seem to be going through it fairly quickly also.

on 1/18/2006 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

BEST thing I've bought in awhile!!! LOVE this eye makeup remover. I've been using Lancome's Bi Facil for the past 5 years and I thought nothing could compare to it. Recently my half full Lancome Bi Facil ALL spilled in my suitcase while travelling so I was kind of iffy about getting another one again since it's quite pricey and I'm short on money right now. So I searched and searched on the reviews here...wanted to buy Pond's eye makeup remover but COULD NOT find it ANYWHERE. (I'm in Canada) Then I seen the Neutrogena Oil Free eye makeup remover for $11 CAD, there was only ONE left on the shelf and so that made me decide to try it. haha WORKS SOOOO GOOD, just like Lancome's Bi Facil, even better I think! I wear fake lashes all the time, tons of eyeliner especially on waterline, tons of mascara and it took EVERYTHING off and it wasn't oily like Lancome's Bi-Facil. I LOVE IT!!! I could buy 3 Neutrogena's for the price of 1 damn Bi-Facil! LOVE THIS PRODUCT.

on 1/15/2006 3:30:00 PM

I've used this, and yes, it does compare in quality to the Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Make-up remover, which I didn't like either. These leave filmy residue on around the eye area, and are the only two eye make-up removers that cause blepharitis, inflamation of eyelids. Will not buy again. Prefer Almay non-oily eye makeup remover pads.

on 1/4/2006 11:07:00 PM

Sucks, after this stuff dries, it leaves white patches everywhere and takes a lot of work to take off my waterproof mascara. The price is high too.

on 1/4/2006 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This did a great job taking off Maybelline Full n' Soft waterproof formula mascara. The "oil" that reviewers are erroneously complaining about are the silicones in the product (Cyclopentasiloxane and Cyclohexasiloxane). If you've ever used Lancome Bi-Facil remover, it's pretty much the same filmy feeling. This is a bargain compared to the Lancome, however. I paid $5.39 for the larger 5.5 oz. bottle on sale at Target. My only complaint is that it would be nice to have a dispenser of some sort on top to control the amount that comes out or to guard against losing the whole bottle should it topple over.

on 12/30/2005 9:31:00 PM

Not a huge fan...I dislike the fact that this "oil-free" product leaves a gross, oily residue behind. It also irritates my eyes even after I've taken my contacts out. I would definitely go with the Clinique or Lancome removers if you are sensitive around the eye area

on 12/30/2005 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this a couple of days ago, along with another eye makeup remover to see if they held up to their reviews here. This worked okay, but I didn't particularly care for the fact that you have to wipe on your eyes, then use warm water to rinse off -- I'd rather have something that was less fussy/messy. It worked well, but irritated my eyes a little bit (though a lot of eye makeup removers do, so it was almost expected anyway) and made my eyes feel itchy for a little while afterward. I'd repurchase in a pinch.

I definitely prefer Ponds "Bare and Repair" Conditioning Eye Makeup Remover with Grapeseed Extract and Vitamin E though.

on 12/25/2005 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just adding one more positive response, this is very similar to the purple clinique and the blue lancome removers with the 2 liquids you shake together- a teeny greasy but doesn't irritate my contacts and this is sooooo cheap and does just as great of a job as the expensive kinds.

on 12/25/2005 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was using Clinique makeup removers for years before I found this. (I see another reviewer had this same situation). I was never happy with any of the drugstore brands I tried- either they didn't take off the makeup or they irritated my eyes. I was due for a new bottle of Clinique when I noticed this Neutrogena product in Target and figured I'd give it a try. It works just as well as Clinique for much less $!! I wear only waterproof mascara, sometimes waterproof eye liner as well, and this stuff gets it all off easily with no residue. Will definitely keep buying this one!