Neutrogena Oil Free eye makeup remover

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Poloxamer 182, Allantoin, Tripotassium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate.

on 1/4/2006 11:07:00 PM

Sucks, after this stuff dries, it leaves white patches everywhere and takes a lot of work to take off my waterproof mascara. The price is high too.

on 1/4/2006 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This did a great job taking off Maybelline Full n' Soft waterproof formula mascara. The "oil" that reviewers are erroneously complaining about are the silicones in the product (Cyclopentasiloxane and Cyclohexasiloxane). If you've ever used Lancome Bi-Facil remover, it's pretty much the same filmy feeling. This is a bargain compared to the Lancome, however. I paid $5.39 for the larger 5.5 oz. bottle on sale at Target. My only complaint is that it would be nice to have a dispenser of some sort on top to control the amount that comes out or to guard against losing the whole bottle should it topple over.

on 12/30/2005 9:31:00 PM

Not a huge fan...I dislike the fact that this "oil-free" product leaves a gross, oily residue behind. It also irritates my eyes even after I've taken my contacts out. I would definitely go with the Clinique or Lancome removers if you are sensitive around the eye area

on 12/30/2005 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this a couple of days ago, along with another eye makeup remover to see if they held up to their reviews here. This worked okay, but I didn't particularly care for the fact that you have to wipe on your eyes, then use warm water to rinse off -- I'd rather have something that was less fussy/messy. It worked well, but irritated my eyes a little bit (though a lot of eye makeup removers do, so it was almost expected anyway) and made my eyes feel itchy for a little while afterward. I'd repurchase in a pinch.

I definitely prefer Ponds "Bare and Repair" Conditioning Eye Makeup Remover with Grapeseed Extract and Vitamin E though.

on 12/25/2005 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just adding one more positive response, this is very similar to the purple clinique and the blue lancome removers with the 2 liquids you shake together- a teeny greasy but doesn't irritate my contacts and this is sooooo cheap and does just as great of a job as the expensive kinds.

on 12/25/2005 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was using Clinique makeup removers for years before I found this. (I see another reviewer had this same situation). I was never happy with any of the drugstore brands I tried- either they didn't take off the makeup or they irritated my eyes. I was due for a new bottle of Clinique when I noticed this Neutrogena product in Target and figured I'd give it a try. It works just as well as Clinique for much less $!! I wear only waterproof mascara, sometimes waterproof eye liner as well, and this stuff gets it all off easily with no residue. Will definitely keep buying this one!

on 12/12/2005 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

my first eye makeup remover. very effective. can remove my maybelline waterproof lash expansive mascara and fasio mascara in one wipe! it's affordable as well!!! gentle on my eyes too. no problem using it while still wearing my contact lens

on 12/6/2005 2:30:00 PM

I love this product and I have been using it for over a year now. It is one of the best makeup removers not to mention the price is definitely reasonable when compared to other name brands. I was previously using Clinique's remover which was also good, but this one works the same for less than half of Clinique's price. It's not oily and it removes even waterproof eye makeups! Try it girls!

on 12/6/2005 11:57:00 AM

It's a real good eye makeup remover. It's a tiny bit greasy but nothing bad. I will purchase again.

on 12/4/2005 4:47:00 PM

I have searched long and hard for a cheaper alternative to the Lancome bi-facil that I keep straying away from. The Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover is a great replacement. It removes really heavy eye makeup without irritating my eyes. It does leave behind a greasy feeling film, but that is ok if you are going to wash the rest of your face anyway. I highly recommend trying this if you need a good makeup remover but don't want to spend too much. Although its worth noting that this eye makeup remover works better than many of the high end brand I have tried (most recently Bobbi Brown)....