Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 1/22/2004 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Everyone needs a tube of this in their medicine cabinet. It's very similar in texture to vaseline, but it's 100 times better! These are some uses that I have for it:
1. Dry skin from retin-a, put a small amount on the dry patches before you go to bed.
2. Allergy nose. Those of you with allergies can recall how your nose looks after an allergy attack! Lotion tissues can't even save you at this point.
3. Cuticle cream
4. Lip Balm
5. Dry elbows

on 1/22/2004 12:42:00 AM

I have to tell you that I bought this for my super dry heels and it works well when I put it on and then put on cotton socks and sleep in it, BUT the real success story is that I started using it on my pitbull, yes, pitbull who has severe allergies and gets dry skin in the winter. He turns over on his back and I grease him up twice a day and his skin looks much better ! Thanks for the info !

on 1/17/2004 12:02:00 AM

Aquaphor is similar to Vaseline - good for dry skin & lips. Aquaphor is less greasy and more easily absorbed. Best for lips, but for hands,knees,elbows, use Vaseline in creamy formula.

My pediatrician recommended I use this to prevent diaper rash on my son and on his eczema and it works! It's truly amazing!!!

on 1/13/2004 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm on accutane, and my lips are really dried out. This stuff is my life saver! I love that it comes in a big-ish tube too, because it lasts forever. This is defintely the best lip moisturizer i've found, and it also works on dry skin patches, etc. All in all, awesome.

Awesome for babies! I've used this when they get the tiny bumps around their mouth from the pacifier.

on 1/3/2004 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

At first I felt like this did nothing for my lips, but then I put this on overnight and when I woke up my lips were moist and smooth. The trick to using this is not to glob on a ton but rather apply a thin layer of this to your lips, it will last longer and it will be readily absorbed into your lips. I got the 1.7 oz tube for $5.49 at Longs Drugs, I thought it was a bit much for such a small tube but I use such a tiny amount it will probably last me a very long time. This is a great bargain and way better than Vaseline.

on 1/2/2004 5:42:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff! My dermo gave me a sample when I was taking accutane years ago to combat the extremely dry skin that med gives you. My lips were chapped beyond belief, but aquaphor did an amazing job of softening and conditioning my lips and even skin on my face and hands. I've used it ever since as a HG lip treatment and emergency dry skin treatment. I just wish it was easier to find the little tubes of aquaphor, because they are so convenient to carry around in my purse!

on 12/31/2003 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

handy on lips, hands, face or any really dry areas overnight. i give it 4 lipsticks only because it doesn't appear to heal any faster than good ole neosporin and vaseline on blemishes/redness/chapped skin. And I think it is WAY to greasy and thick to use as a moisturizer for the hands/feet. **Edit** after reading some other reviews, I tried mixing 1/2 aquaphor with 1/2 cetaphil cream and WOW! It is the perfect creamy consistency that absorbs well (my biggest complaint about aquaphor is that it doesnt ABSORB and looks/feels too greasy). Makes an excellent overnight treatment for feet and hands when mixed with your favorite lotion. Still too yucky for the face though.

on 12/20/2003 9:55:00 PM

Thanks MUA! You folks love this-so I bought some. Right again of course! It is a miracle. Now, I like my Kiehl's lip balm-but this stuff-even better. My feet are the worst-this stuff actually helps. Wish the tub was smaller though-it's not a very good packaging. But the product is fantastic. Rush out NOW and get some!