August 28, 2014 | 1975 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by SleepyLabRat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Meh. The only thing this mascara is really good for is as a 'top coat' over a different mascara that doesn't clump your lashes at all. Alone, you can't achieve more than one coat without having all of your lashes clump together into a few spider legs. And a single coat certainly doesn't achieve a false lash look. That said, it does work really well over a different mascara. I've tried it over CG Lash Blast and Cargo Lash Activator and it looks amazing. But on it's own... yeah, nothing special. And for the price, I really expect to be wowed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by kellyyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i absolutely love this! it gives AMAZING volume in one coat, i cannot wait to try layering multiple coats. it is expensive but well worth the splurge.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by xmaac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this assuming it would be better than my drugstore mascaras but I was dissapointed! It did not hold a curl at all, it just made my lashes really flat after I applied it, doesn't do anything for me thickening or length-wise either, thankfully I only bought the mini instead of the full bottle. Im going to go back to using my maybelline mascaras!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by avonderl

I'll admit it I am a mascara junkie... Always searching for that "perfect mascara " I was recommended this mascara at ulta by 3 of their reps. I must say I'm impressed it added volume, length and holds a curl especially when I use with my eyelash curler. It can get clumpy if you layer on after it's dry . Seems to last all day with no flakes or smudging which is a major plus for me! Isn't that hard to take off as some reviews said I use neutrogena oil free eye remover and it comes off perfectly! Will definitely buy again, but will need to save some pretty pennies since its kinda costly!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Cpjames

I am an admitted mascara whore... seriously, I will try every new mascara out there. I have small eyes a scarce eyelashes and am constantly looking for a miracle mascara.
I actually got They're Real for my daughter and after borrowing hers one day I had to get my own. I find with mascara its very selective depending on your lash and eye type so it's hard to buy one just on reviews but this is a pretty good all around product. It's fairly glossy, good brush with plastic bristles that help to separate my lashes and it doesn't seem to smear or flake.
I'm still on my seemingly never ending quest for 'the perfect mascara' but this one will do the trick for daily use for now.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by kitycatlok

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Having long but sparse lashes has, for quite a long time, been the bane of my existance haha! So I read up on a load of reviews about this product and thought, while it is very expensive, to give it a go. If it works then I'm more than happy to spare the pennies, and I absolutely LOVE their liquid cheek tint and their Erase Paste concealer for my under-eye circles.

So I went out and bought this product. Overall the brush is a really nice design, which is why it gets two lippies. The brush really does get into those hard to reach places and really does grab every single little eyelash it can find, which is great. The problem is that the consistency is quite sticky and all of my lashes ended up in around five big clumps. Forget spider lashes, mine looked like studs!

I don't know if it is the fineness of my lashes or something, but this product just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Ldloa

I have naturally long lashes. This masacara made them even longer. However, it didn't thicken them so the effect wasn't what I'd hoped for at this price. So if you looking for length, this is a better-than average mascara. If you need volume you may be disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm beginning to realize how mascara is a very individual thing, and one person's HG is another person's flop.
I bought this upon recommendation from the SA and ended up returning it. It just wasn't worth the $29. I didn't really like how it made my lashes look. I have long lashes already, but need help in the volume department. This mascara lengthened, but did nothing for me for volume and curl. I tried several different ways and would just end up with long spidery looking lashes :( Also, as other reviewers have pointed out, it's bitch to remove. It really doesn't come off cleanly.
So back to the store it went!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by aak16

I bought this because the girl at Sephora said it's the best. Funny how different mascaras work differently for different people, but I didn't like this. It didn't separate my lashes and the more coats I applied, the clumpier it got. Not worth the money... I think Maybelline's mascaras do a better job at separating lashes and making them look fuller.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Dekilah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have come to like this mascara those it does take some technique (only minor) to apply. It will make you look like you have fake lashes, so do not expect this to look real, but rather dramatic. I have the smaller size, not the full size.

The formula is somewhat thick, but creamy. The brush is different than a lot of mascaras in that it has tiny spikes instead of bristles and it has a long section, then a round tip.

I like this mascara for times when I want a more dramatic look and for photo shoots. For me, it is a little too much for day time or natural look use. But it gives me gorgeous thick, fake-looking lashes for dramatic smokey-eyes and evening looks.

Here is my technique: I pull the wand out and wipe the extra off the ball tip on the edge of the tube (usually swipe and rotate and swipe again, four times total). I then wiggle the long part on the outer two thirds of my top lashes. I generally keep the tip angled out because I prefer my inner lashes less coated. I then use the long part to get my inner lashes. Then I use the ball tip to lengthen out the tips of the outside ends.

While I do like this mascara and will continue to use it until I run out, I doubt I will repurchase it, especially in the full size.