July 31, 2014 | 1834 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by kittykasthen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to LOVE this :( It does give my lashes length and thickness but living in a tropical country (Philippines) it smudges and goes down my undereye! It's such a hassle. Im really disappointed

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara really does make my lashes look great, however, so do some other lower priced mascaras. I really like the brush/wand which I believe is the real reason for the great results. The mascara dries very quickly which makes it difficult to go back and add a second coat without having some clumping. I've purchased this mascara 3 times but will probably not purchase it again. I will purchase mascaras with a similar wand/brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by christina001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok it's official: I'm a believer.

I liked Bad Gal, but it was far from the "best ever" enthusiasm many others experienced (I love the plum one, though, for its unique colour).

Against the odds, I decided to give this one a try when I am not even through with my first ever Make up Forever Smoky Lash (which is great). Comparing the two, both give me great lashes (mine are relatively long, but stick straight horizontal, they curl up well with a good mascara though). Smoky Lash gives me less volume and length than They're real (it is a great mascara, though), and it is not as consistent in the results - sometimes, I don't get the look quite right when I'm in a hurry.

They're real gives me great lashes when I just pop on a bit. When I'm patient to start from the root and wiggle through many times, they give me - LITERALLY - a fake lash standard of voluminous, curled, long lashes. The result is consistent also weeks after using it (sometimes mascaras have stopped working perfectly on me after a couple of weeks).

The brush is synthetic with spiky pieces, and it has a fancy little "ball end", with spikes also all around. That ball's great for the lower lashes, and also for getting in at the inner corner of the eye, or just for extra volume at the outer end. I loved a L'Oreal mascara that reminisced a torture instrument with it's spiked ball brush some years ago, so this tool comes in really handy if one likes to experiment technically.

Both thumbs up for this Benefit mascara! When they get it right, they're the best!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Troysy

I found this mascara to be like glue. When you finally dab off all the excess stringy stuff from the wand, it does give a good lengthened and volumised look. Could not use on bottom lashes unless I wanted the Ozzy Osbourne look.

Why is it so sticky? For this price Chanel's Inimitable is a far, far better buy. Also no information on the product to say if it contains fibres. I hate fibre mascaras.

Not that hard to get off, compared to say Kanebo 38 degree. Just let eye makeup remover sit on for a while.

A very genuine black black.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by sweetpea1008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It works okay, but it's no better than a drugstore mascara. My biggest complaint is that with these types of brushes, it hurts to apply! It scratches my inner eyelid and I don't like that feeling. Applying makeup shouldn't hurt or irritate your eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

Mascara is one of those beauty products that people either love or hate..just like fragrance. So, it's really hard to judge if you'll like it based on reviews. However, I'm going to throw my 2 cents into the bucket anyways.
PROS: This makes my eyelashes very long and dark. I can use this on upper/lower lashes and there is no smudging.
CONS: It can be a bear to remove. I use Vaseline (I don't buy into the hype of the evils of Vaseline, it works for me..use what works for you.) It's expensive, I hate spending $23 on a mascara..even if it is awesome.
The wand is unique, it has a little ball on the end that works really well at getting those smaller eyelashes coated and working additional mascara on the outer edge of your lashes. Also, the formula is kind of wet...this means that it easily coats your lashes, but it can clump if you aren't careful. It also didn't hold my curl...which is the kiss of death for a mascara for me.
In the end I'd recommend getting the trial size and giving it a go before you commit to a full tube. Ulta sometimes carries them, so you can try it before you buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by katherinepierce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very long, thick, curled lashes so I maybe I'm not the best person to review this product since any mascara will do the trick for me. However I liked this one much more than my previous mascaras. I think it gives a good separation and above all it makes my lashes more thick. Other mascaras made my lashes longer but I still happy with They're Real.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Received this in one of my Topboxes... I've heard a lot about it so was excited to try it. Unfortunately it's just way too clumpy & also really hard to remove. Just not worth the trouble for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but unfortunately it began to irritate my eyes so bad I bought eye drops and threw it away. As for the product itself, aside from that I think its a great mascara. The formula is a tiny bit wet but not too bad. The brush is long, so it takes a careful hand to not get product on the lids. It really does give the impression of magnified, natural-looking lashes. As natural as mascara can look. It doesn't curl that much, so if you give your lashes a curl and apply it's fantastic. The look isn't too dramatic for daytime either. However, I don't have any known allergies, and no other product has made my eyes burn the way this one did. I haven't heard that complaint from many other people so its worth a shot. Without that factor, I'd still be buying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by sequoiarose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I heard great reviews about this product so I decided to try it. I had only tried one other mascara from Benefit before and I wasn't impressed, but this one seemed to have potentially. I bought the sample size, $26 is too much for something I might not like. Anyways, the first time I used it it clumped up my lashes so much. I didnt get any length, volume, or curl. Maybe its just because I have small lashes, but it just made them look even smaller and made it seem like I had fewer. That night when i was washing off my makeup it wouldnt come off! They really should put a water proof label on it or something! I personally hate water proof mascara. I decided to keep trying it, hoping it would get easier to apply and it would go on better. it never did. Maybe it's just because i have short lashes and hate water proof mascara, but I did not like it at all.