September 17, 2014 | 940 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2004 2:55:00 PM More reviews by MugsOfAmLactin

This product is a wonderful moisturizer for my combination skin ! It really helps my skin out with all the drying things I do to it. I haven't broken out from this . . .yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2003 6:40:00 PM More reviews by greatpph

Wow! This is the best thing I have ever found! I just put a little drop over any moisturizer & it makes the skin glow. . .

Didn't work as well for hair though, too much volumne for me~

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2003 10:13:00 AM More reviews by bodie358

First of all, dont let the word oil scare you off - this is actually a wax derived from a plant. Second of all, you MUST try this! Under $8 at Trader Joes and its truly a wonder product! My pores are cleaned out and my skin is baby soft. Goes on oily and dries to a soft matte finish. I use it as an eye makeup remover and mix a drop in with all my face creams, add some to your body butter and hand lotion. You wont believe the results! My all-purpose HG moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2003 6:56:00 PM More reviews by hmkramer

This stuff is the best, really. Something that I keep coming back to. It will not break you out, and it's so gentle that I regularly use it on my baby. Her cheeks get wind-burnt and rough in the cold and this makes them smooth and soft within an application or two. It's cheap, the bottle lasts you forever, though the packaging is sort of a mess. I have fairly 'normal' skin, although it's somewhat sensitive and I tend to get hormonal acne around my chin. The jojoba oil does not worsen my acne at all. Use it on your face, body, hair, lips, nails ... it's really great. I use the jojoba oil by NOW, but I think that as long as it is 100% pure, it's all pretty much the same. Also, it makes a great eye makeup remover.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2003 8:10:00 PM More reviews by ericas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

thought i'd warn dry skin girls that this made the skin on my face extremely tight and dry and i have not too sensitive dry-combo skin. works great on my body, though, and have yet to try on my hair. i suspect it will be very good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2003 8:55:00 PM More reviews by dobieluv

oh, this is good stuff.I have the 4 oz bottle. No fragrance, no additives, just 100% pure jojoba oil.Great for the ends of my hair every day- I use a bbb to distribute the oil.Also I add it to my conditioners to make them more emollient. When I run out, I'll definately buy more!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2003 8:41:00 PM More reviews by duckgrl

Thanks for the helpful reviews. My now favorite moisturizer! I was expecting to break out, but instead it seems to keep my skin calm. It's perfect for using under a dry sunblock, and as long as I use the smallest amount to cover my face it also works well with makeup. Definitely worth a try, I like it far better than many years worth of super-pricey brands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2003 11:01:00 AM More reviews by moth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Picked this up on a MUA recommendation, too. This stuff makes my dry, frizzy, messed-up hair into something as soft as lamb's wool. Definitely buying this stuff again. Great that it is also multi-purpose: I have used it on my dry hands and feet, and on my kids when they are dry and itchy (they have very sensitive skin). Gets a 4 instead of a 5 because it's kinda pricey, imo. ***EDIT***: found this at Trader Joe's for half the price. I rarely use anything else on my hair, now. Package leaks, bad for traveling. A little piece of plastic wrap under the cap and screw down tight fixes this problem.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2003 5:30:00 PM More reviews by only1thanh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Helps keep my skin smooth and soft, but it was too much for my forehead. Made me break out a bit there. Other than that it's great for dry spots on my cheeks and chin. It would be better if a dropper was included with the bottle because I tend to pour out more than I need which is a waste.

Update 02/05/04: I used this for two weeks and stopped because little red bumps start appearing on my cheeks. I guess it's just too oily for me which is kinda weird because I have dry skin. Didn't do much for my dry, red patches either. I highly recommend Mario Badescu Healing Cream if you're really in need of a good moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2003 1:39:00 PM More reviews by jenuber

Thanks MUAers for leading me to this wonder oil. It is great, truly all purpose. I bought a different brand that has a flip top design which is pretty easy to use. The best thing is, I have had these dry rashy spots on my cheeks near my mouth for months that have sent me on this whole skincare product journey trying everything to get rid of them. And basically, after two nights of dabbing a little jojoba oil on those spots they were gone.