December 21, 2014 | 1823 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2004 12:55:00 PM More reviews by jeenathee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the NOW brand of this, and I bought it back in January. I've waited to review it because I wanted to give it time to prove or disprove itself. I'm happy to say that this oil lives up to all the hype. I regularly use it to remove traces of eye makeup. I use it as an eye moisturizer. I mix it with Oil of Olay in my hand to make an effective winter moisturizer that makes my skin rosy and dewy. If it feels the least bit too slick, I just press off some of the moisture with a tissue, and I'm good to go. Even with my normal/oily skin, I've used moisturizers that I had to layer on repeatedly to try to overcome flaky spots, but this oil smooths everything over. Most surprisingly is that for the past few days, I have been washing my face about five times a day (!) because I've been experimenting with new foundations and powders, and my skin could have very easily ended up dry, irritated, and abused, especially since I use Neutrogena Cleanser/Mask at least once a day. But my skin is clear, healthy, and moist, and it hasn't freaked out on me yet. Very, very happy. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2004 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A great product you can pick up at Trader Joe's. My scalp get really dry and itchy sometimes since I live in such a dry climate. I like to use this to massage into my scalp. Also, since this is 100% pure jojoba, I don't have to worry if I get some on my face. It is good for your skin! I use this every once in a while as a moisturizer for my face also.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2004 1:16:00 PM More reviews by sugarfree00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok... I don't use it for moisturizer but for deep cleansing. It removes all the make-up and dirts. I use Cetaphyl gentle cleanser afterward. Believe it or not it actually clears up my skin. Highly Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2004 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Joey_is_Me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought myself a small bottle of pure jojoba oil. I have been using it as a moisturizer for the last 2 days and it is amazing! I have dry skin! I basically just wash my face, then use 2-4 drops on my palm, rub my palms together and pat my face. It doesn't feel greasy or oily, it sinks right in. Apparently even people who have oily skin can use this stuff, because it is similar to the natural oil your skin produces anyway. So it won't break you out.

I also tried using it under my makeup. Same procedure at night, while I let it sink in I get dressed. I even put some on my under eye area instead of my eye gel. My foundation went on smoother and my concealer did not cake at all!

I love this stuff! My skin is extremely soft! It's cheap too!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2004 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Sprite78

I was so hoping that this would be the perfect moisturizer for my dry, yet acne-prone skin. Sadly it was not. It broke me out bad! And strangley enough the dry areas of my face seemed to get drier. I will not use this on my face again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2004 4:16:00 AM More reviews by playsomevinyl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

jojoba oil is the best stuff on earth! it truly is beauty's little known secret. if you have dry, flakey skin, this may solve your problem. paying outrageous prices for moisturizers loaded w/ a ton of preservatives is a waste. 90% of the ingredients can't even be deciphered. jojoba oil has saved my skin since i started w/ retin-a treatments.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2004 4:36:00 PM More reviews by bbarrelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had to edit my review on this b/c at first I thought it was causing breakouts but now I use it every day in the shower and LOVE it. I have dry skin and this really helps my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2004 9:33:00 PM More reviews by ajinla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Read all the reviews yesterday and I rushed to Whole Foods and bought it (along with a dropper, took a hint from all the reviews about the packaging). I used it for the first time last night and this morning. I already had a small breakout, I am more broken out now than I was yesterday. I am going to give it a try for a couple of days....will update. 1/20/04~ My face is completely broken out into little bumps everywhere. It is so irritated and stings horribly. I will NEVER put this oil on my face again! Ugh!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2004 1:18:00 AM More reviews by mollyejo

I am going to want to go on and on about this product so bare with me. This is the perfect moisturizer ever to exist. I have pretty good skin,however I am not blackhead-less. I tend to go dry. Have some fine lines. This oil has completely eliminated all of my blackheads! never do I break out. No dry spots. No grease slicks. I also use it on my body. I recommended to my mom (64 yrs.) after using for about a week her already lovely skin looked like it had been resurfaced. She had baby soft, rosy, plumped skin. now my sisters and my best friends are all using it and raving. It is natural, it is cheap(6.99 at trader joe's)This is the holy grail desert island product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2004 12:53:00 AM More reviews by teekay01

If they packaged this stuff right, they could sell it for a lot more considering it's the BEST moisturizer I've ever used! And that's a lot coming from a girl who loves her products!! My parched skin was so dry that you could literally write your name on my apples. But thanks to the hohoba oil, you can't grafitti on me! Better than Clinique, reigns over Cetaphil, and even blows Creme de la Mer out of the water. Thanks hohoba... sounds like I'm using a religion on my skin.... jehovah, hohoba...