October 22, 2014 | 1164 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2004 4:36:00 PM More reviews by bbarrelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had to edit my review on this b/c at first I thought it was causing breakouts but now I use it every day in the shower and LOVE it. I have dry skin and this really helps my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2004 9:33:00 PM More reviews by ajinla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Read all the reviews yesterday and I rushed to Whole Foods and bought it (along with a dropper, took a hint from all the reviews about the packaging). I used it for the first time last night and this morning. I already had a small breakout, I am more broken out now than I was yesterday. I am going to give it a try for a couple of days....will update. 1/20/04~ My face is completely broken out into little bumps everywhere. It is so irritated and stings horribly. I will NEVER put this oil on my face again! Ugh!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2004 1:18:00 AM More reviews by mollyejo

I am going to want to go on and on about this product so bare with me. This is the perfect moisturizer ever to exist. I have pretty good skin,however I am not blackhead-less. I tend to go dry. Have some fine lines. This oil has completely eliminated all of my blackheads! never do I break out. No dry spots. No grease slicks. I also use it on my body. I recommended to my mom (64 yrs.) after using for about a week her already lovely skin looked like it had been resurfaced. She had baby soft, rosy, plumped skin. now my sisters and my best friends are all using it and raving. It is natural, it is cheap(6.99 at trader joe's)This is the holy grail desert island product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2004 12:53:00 AM More reviews by teekay01

If they packaged this stuff right, they could sell it for a lot more considering it's the BEST moisturizer I've ever used! And that's a lot coming from a girl who loves her products!! My parched skin was so dry that you could literally write your name on my apples. But thanks to the hohoba oil, you can't grafitti on me! Better than Clinique, reigns over Cetaphil, and even blows Creme de la Mer out of the water. Thanks hohoba... sounds like I'm using a religion on my skin.... jehovah, hohoba...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2004 12:11:00 PM More reviews by catgrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome! If more women knew about this product, Estee Lauder would go out of business. It is best used at night, since it takes a while to sink into skin, and only one to three drops are necessary for your entire face. My skin has never been softer and in my entire acne-prone life I've never had such smooth, breakout-free skin. It gives such nice, even tone and I feel good about using it since it is 100% natural. Plus it is totally cheap, even compared to drugstore moisturizers, considering the teeny amount required to moisturize your entire face. If you want to use it in the morning, you only need like one tiny drop to give your face a lovely glow. Everyone should give this a try. A total winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2004 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Zoek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Jojoba oil is a fantastic, inexpensive moisturizer. It's been 10 below zero here the last few days (you know, the kind of weather that freezes up your nostril hairs the second you open the door), and I thought nothing would keep me moisturized. I've slathered jojoba oil on my feet & hands twice a day, and it seems to be working like nothing else ever has. It goes on feeling oily (though it actually is a wax), but rapidly sinks in then my skin just feels soft. I'll definitely always keep it on hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2004 2:55:00 PM More reviews by MugsOfAmLactin

This product is a wonderful moisturizer for my combination skin ! It really helps my skin out with all the drying things I do to it. I haven't broken out from this . . .yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2003 6:40:00 PM More reviews by greatpph

Wow! This is the best thing I have ever found! I just put a little drop over any moisturizer & it makes the skin glow. . .

Didn't work as well for hair though, too much volumne for me~

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2003 10:13:00 AM More reviews by bodie358

First of all, dont let the word oil scare you off - this is actually a wax derived from a plant. Second of all, you MUST try this! Under $8 at Trader Joes and its truly a wonder product! My pores are cleaned out and my skin is baby soft. Goes on oily and dries to a soft matte finish. I use it as an eye makeup remover and mix a drop in with all my face creams, add some to your body butter and hand lotion. You wont believe the results! My all-purpose HG moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2003 6:56:00 PM More reviews by hmkramer

This stuff is the best, really. Something that I keep coming back to. It will not break you out, and it's so gentle that I regularly use it on my baby. Her cheeks get wind-burnt and rough in the cold and this makes them smooth and soft within an application or two. It's cheap, the bottle lasts you forever, though the packaging is sort of a mess. I have fairly 'normal' skin, although it's somewhat sensitive and I tend to get hormonal acne around my chin. The jojoba oil does not worsen my acne at all. Use it on your face, body, hair, lips, nails ... it's really great. I use the jojoba oil by NOW, but I think that as long as it is 100% pure, it's all pretty much the same. Also, it makes a great eye makeup remover.