Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 3/17/2011 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

the coverage of this foundation is not very great, it is probably a light to medium coverage. i wasn't looking for a lot of coverage though. the finish of this foundation is what i find amazing. it sets on your skin to a satin like finish. it feels light on your face.

i always get compliments from people on my skin when i wear this foundation. its just amazing.

the packaging is nice, it has a pump and it comes with it. you don't need to buy it separate. which is always nice.

the price may seem steep to some people. but when it comes to the quality of this foundation and the look and finish it gives to your skin. i think the price is definitely justified.

on 3/15/2011 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to love this product. I really liked the Mat Velvet one but they didn't have a shade that matched me, and the HD foundation had one that matched me but I didn't like the coverage or the wear.

I did a hair show before and this is what the "make-up artist" put on me... It's a light-medium coverage foundation and I didn't really see what was soooo High Definition about it. Don't get me wrong because MUFE is one of my FAVE lines... this one didn't get my love though :(

on 3/10/2011 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

IT LET ME DOWN BIG TIME! After using MUFE Mat Velvet foundation, i thought it was time I switched foundations and tried something new. Mat velvet has been the best foundation i have ever used so far, and trust me i have tried, drug store foundations, clarins, giorgio armani, chanel mat lumiere, pro lumiere, dior show and dior nude, mac studio fix, studio tech etc...Having read so many reviews about this incredible new HD foundation by MUFE i was convinced this could be the one. I took myself down to Make up provisions (UK) to test out colors to see what would best match my skin, with the help of a SA we tried and tested, ummed and arrrrd matched and mismatched, but the colors just would not match unless i mixed 2 colors together and i dont want to do this on a regular basis and even then i just didnt think it was 100%. I have quite a golden complexion for asian skin, i wear 60 honey beige in the mat velvet but nothing in the HD was the perfect shade. Eventually the closest i thought looked ok at the time was shade 153 golden honey, i bought home a tester pot size enough for 2 full coverage applications. Excited for a dinner date i applied the foundation in this shade with great blending difficulty, it just felt so thick and heavy and not perfect at all. eventually i got it to settle and went over with my MUFE HD powder, (this is a great powder), and as it settled it looked ok, anyhow i dolled up with the rest of my make up and within an hour and a half the foundation was melting and t zone shining like a star! :( i had only spent that time in the car driving ...... i didnt feel pretty i wanted to go home and take it off and sleep off my feelings. this foundation was just a total miss with me, i have great skin (as the Clarins therapists tell me) one or two blemishes no acne no breakouts basically normal skin and i can go out with just a moisturiser on and its clean and dewy. But this foundation was just wrong on so many levels in comparison to the MUFE mat velvet that is my HG foundation i could not live without it and it sits perfect on my skin with the HD powder. Thank god though due to my careful and test in store and bring home and test again then purchase instinct i got away with just disliking the tester pots and not a full expensive bottle. Im still to find the next perfect foundation as i like to change as the seasons change, for now though mat velvet all the way!

on 3/10/2011 12:36:00 AM

love it! really good coverage, and with the finishing power, my skin looks flawless. it is costly though, so it is definitely not an everyday use kind of thing. love it, but for the cost i am trying to find something else not quite as pricey. send me a message if you have any recommendations :)

on 3/9/2011 6:34:00 PM

Got this after reading all the rave reviews, but its not good for me. I find it really hard to blend onto my skin no matter which primer I use and it is very drying. I have tried various tools from brushes to sponges and fingers but nothing makes this look good on my skin, and even though the colour matches well, it still makes my skin look really washed out after a couple of hours and it shows up dry patches I never even knew I had. Will not be repurchasing. Love the HD powder though!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this one its a great foundation im a teen age boy (yes, im a boy and i usea makeup) (no im not gay xD) my skin its a reall mess i got at least 20 mayor scaring on my cheeks (im mexican so if you see gramatical erros please forgiveme )
well this foundation its medium to full coverage its great really flexible, my skin its freaking oily and this not mattifies but it doesnt make it more oily so whit a good primer and a good settingpowder (it works grat with the hd ones) youll ve fine :) i love this product and i will buy it again and again its really natural dewy but mat :/ its like just yourskin mat on forhead dewy on your cheekbones <3 its freaing greatebut :/ you pay what you get .. so its 40 dlls at sephora!! its pretty expencive for me :/ :D:D:D:D:D:D:D BUY IT!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I was very skeptical to try this since my skin is very oily. I had been using the MUFE Mat Velvet Plus, which I still like, but decided to give this a try to see what the hype is. Well, I could not be happier with this foundation. It gives the most flawless medium to full coverage, blends seemlessly into my skin, shade 110 is the most perfect match ever for my fair pink undertone skin. I was afraid this would give a "dewy" finish, but it doesn't at all, it gives a "natural finish" which is neither dewy or matte, it's so perfect. This foundation holds up well against my oily skin, I do use my blotting sheets once or twice a day, but this foundation stays in place, does not budge or smear, stays perfect looking all day! I do not like the HD setting powder, so I am using the Too Faced Amazing Face Powder Foundation (Vanilla Creme), as a setting powder and it gives the most perfect air brushed flawless look. The Too Faced Powder also does a good job at controlling oil. I highly recommend this HD foundation, the shade range is great, and I think every skin type would love this foundation!

UPDATE 6/26/11: I took a point away from this just because after using it a while, it seemed to get very dull on my skin. I still think it's a good foundation, but not HG material. I went back to my MUFE Mat Velvet + which continues to be my favorite. I think the Mat Velvet + gives better coverage and a nicer finish, especially for oily skin types..

My favorite foundation EVER.
Makes your skin look absolutely flawless without looking like you have too much make-up and it has really great coverage.

i have 117 for winter and 120 for summer
i'm an NC25 in MAC.

on 3/8/2011 1:06:00 AM

Only foundation i will wear now. I can't find another one to measure up to this. It will accentuate flakes, so make sure to start outh with a smooth and moisturized face. I apply with a damp flat top brush and then buff it in really well. I am a MAC NC30-35 and I wear shade #127. It is the closest color match I have ever had.

on 3/8/2011 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is probably the best match I have ever had with a foundation. I'm in between an NC40 and NC42 and 153 is the perfect middle ground. It has stronger yellow undertones than MAC which is exactly what I need. This foundation applies best when blending with your fingers. I need only about 1.5 pumps to cover my entire face. What I like most about this foundation is that it is build able without looking cakey and is light as a feather. It's more of a natural/satin finish in that it allows for my skin shine through while also covering redness and evening out my skin tone. I set this with their HD powder, and the duo is a match made in heaven.
Now for the cons, the price is a bit steep so it's definitely a splurge. The packaging feel cheap and the cap tends to fall off easily. Lastly, I have combination/oily skin that is really sensitive, so my face didn't react too well with this foundation causing me to break out.. sadface* lol

Video Reviews & Tutorials