July 22, 2014 | 1369 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by xxomargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good product. but not a miracle. I like it better than MAC liquid foundation, mainly bc my boyfriend hates the mac smell. i have friends who say their boyfriends hate the smell as well. the price doesn't bother me so much, because i like the packaging and you don't have to pay for a $5 pump like mac. the one thing i noticed about this product is i feel like it defines the lines under my eyes! but around the time i got this makeup i started getting really busy.. so it COULD just be that my eyes have become more tired looking.. good product, but i think my next bottle i'll try nars sheer glow. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by mego

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall, this is a fantastic liquid foundation. I have repurchased it, which says a lot for me since I am always on the hunt for my HG foundation. I'm currently using Mac Pro Longwear most days, but I still have this in my makeup drawer and will occasionally use it. It looks beautiful in photos, whereas my other foundation looks white. I have even mixed this in with my other foundation and loved the results. I'll probably have this stuff on hand in my makeup drawer always because I know it will never fail me. Great, buildable coverage and doesn't look too oily on my combination skin. Looks beautiful when applied with the MAC 187 brush and buffed with a kabuki brush. I'm giving four lippies because it really holds on to my dry patches and flakies that occur due to my Retin A. That's the only thing that irritates me about the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really hesitated to spend so much money on this product when I've never really liked liquid foundations in the past. Years ago I switched to using just one Everyday Minerals concealer to cover up problem spots. However, I needed photo-ready makeup for my wedding and wanted the full-coverage shebang. Also, I have slight redness from rosacea and the mineral stuff wasn't very effective at staying put on my winter dry cheeks. A Sephora consultant highly recommended this foundation. She helped me to pick a shade (#120 - Soft Sand, described on Sephora website as a "medium light shade with yellow undertones") which is perfect for my asian skintone.

What I love about this foundation is how light it is. I use my fingertips to warm and apply the foundation, and it goes on and blends very smoothly. At the same time, it's very buildable and I was able to apply more to easily get the coverage I needed for some dark spots. No concealer necessary. One thing it does need is powder to set it. I purchased the MUFE HD Loose Powder and the combination of these two products is the stuff of HG dreams.

My skin looked totally flawless and radiant in person and in my photos, but I didn't look or feel like I was wearing any makeup. With the HG Loose Powder, my skin just felt smooth and silky to the touch. It stayed put all day and still looked great by the end of it. Best yet, it didn't irritate my very sensitive skin in the slightest.

The only thing I don't like about it is the price, but I did get what I paid for, and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by sarahnickatina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation blends so easily! I loved it! It does make you look flawless in any light, even in harsh florescent lighting. With the translucent powder it makes you look flawless and gives you a beautiful glow! I would but it again! I use it whenever i go out at night or have a special occasion. It's an okay everyday foundation but i think it might have made me have a few small breakouts, nothing major. Overall it's a fantastic foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by mijindo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

As much as I wanted this foundation to work for me, it didn't. It made me look like I had on a lot of makeup even when I used less than one pump. It didn't hide my blemishes but made them more noticeable because it was so heavy. It kind of just sat on my skin instead of blending. I tried it with a stippling brush, wet and dry makeup sponge, and with my fingers. It would just lie on top of my skin. Plus, it was way too expensive for a foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this foundation. I love that this doesn't break out my sensitive skin and makes me look radiant and fresh. The only downsides are the packaging - I realize that a fairly reasonable amount is being put down for this foundation, yet the bottle itself feels a bit 'dinky' in comparison to other brands...the cap, in specific. The other downside is that I find the foundation to really dry out the area of my nose and a couple hours into the day, I need a touch up as the makeup is already gone! But I would definitely recommend this product for women who want to have that 'glow'!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by hairdessert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For a couple of years ago i started to get very interested in this brand. One reason it took me so long was that it doesnt exist in Sweden (my country). But even though that was the case ive heard SO much about it on the net. I just couldnt not get interested. Funny though, this is the product ive bought last. I had so much expectations about it, and boy theyre all right. It makes the skin look flawless but manage to make like youre wearing nothing at all, whats more to ask for?

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by lisatw01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have sensitive, dry skin and am allergic to SPF. I thought that this would be great since it doesn't have SPF. It was horrible. I wore it out to dinner and washed it off at night. I didn't develop an allergic reaction during dinner, but the next morning, I broke out with cystic acne which lasted over a week. I'm used to developing rashes if the product is too irritating, but this was the worst and most severe reaction to any foundation. I recommend that if you have sensitive skin, try it on a small area of your cheek and wait at least one night to see if you are allergic. I'm sticking to my daily foundation which is Bobbi Brown's foundation stick.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by kittycats

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was surprised this was so matte; I expected it to be silkier. It's definitely better for normal to oily skin than for dry. The coverage is light and the lightest color, 110, is quite light with a pink undertone but not overly pink, good for cool toned pale girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Anne3

So I bought the hype and bought this foundation in 120. I'm a NC20, and it's only a hair too light. My overall review: good, but meh.

Coverage: sheer to decent. I already have pretty good skin. This foundation gives me a nice even texture, but doesn't cover up my tiny-broken-capillaries-spot, and I still have to go over spots with concealer. I wish this foundation was a bit more pigmented.

Application: easy-peasy. I use my fingers to work it in, and it disappears into my skin pretty darn easily.

Wearability: sometimes I don't bother to set this with powder. It doesn't look cakey, and it doesn't oxidize, either. I give it 8 hours before I start getting a little shiney on my forehead. Overall, excellent.

But I wouldn't repurchase. For $40 per ounce, I expect near-perfect results, and overall, this product doesn't quite deliver.