April 21, 2014 | 917 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by setsuko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG material right here. I'm about an NC20, and I got 120. I've never had a better color match in my life! It looks wonderful, wears very well, and hasn't broken out my very sensitive, combination skin. In fact, I think my skin has gotten better since I started using it! Light to Medium coverage, buildable, great packaging. I only need 1.5-2 pumps to cover my whole face quite well (I use a foundation brush), so I think it should last a long time. It is particularly good at disguising small bumps and other textural imperfects--it really smooths everything out!

Give this one a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by AMARIS178

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. I use 123. Its pricey but it seems like it would last a long time, makes my skin look flawless and even, and i love how the bottle looks

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

i was so excited to try this foundation because of how many people rave about it, but i was disappointed. Im on the extremely light end of the spectrum and couldnt find a match (so sick of getting close but not close enough!). Plus it was kinda pricey and I wasnt a fan of the consistency. Another lemming killed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I absolutely adore MUFE's HD Foundation. It's everything I want and need in a foundation - lightweight, non-greasy, natural-looking, buildable, blendable, and long-wearing. It truly looks and feels silky and like a second skin, not like you've piled on foundation. Just one pump of this covers my whole face evenly and beautifully, and lasts for ages and ages. My skin is basically clear and totally even, but it still makes everything look 1000x better.

I also love that the foundation blends in completely seamlessly and totally with my skin color. I am a MAC NC20, and in this I'm 117. I was shocked with how perfect a match it really is. No longer do I need to obsessively worry if my face looks different from the rest of my body! People never say "wow, your makeup looks great!" It's always "wow, your SKIN look great!" and that is just another reason I adore this product.

To me, for the quality of the product, and the very little amount I need to use each time, $40 is a steal. I've used plenty other foundations that were much more expensive and didn't come close to the perfection of MUFE HD Foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by blondejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this foundations...however it blows chunks. It felt thick and cakey on my face...it turned me into a giant zit when worn for one day. It got greasy with different primers underneath (MUFE HD primer, UD brightening primer, Photo Finish). Maybe great for print/photo makeup but definitely not an every day wear. Ugh! Want over. I am using Lorac Breakthrough Performance or Face Atelier now.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by wl1000jae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh how I wish I liked this product. First of all, price is very expensive [40 bucks for foundation] but the color match was just perfect for my yellow asian skin. I think I bought 120. It's actually pretty matte and the coverage wasn't that good but it can be certainly build up to it. However, I don't know if it's this or HD High Definition loose powder, it broke me out horribly!!! It gave me cystic acnes to my cheeks and chin...I've been clear for few months and now I'm back to the acne cycle again :( I was soo sad. I immediately returned the two products. I'm just hoping for my face to clear up again...sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by tangerinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I finally bit the proverbial bullet and bought this. When it first came out I tested it on my hand and thinking that it was way too thick, I passed it over.

Not too long ago, I was at the MUFE counter without any makeup on (shocking! but it was pouring rain so it's all good) and on a whim I asked the Sales Assistant to color match me (lets face it, higher numbers can be lighter, just with a different color base, so it's not like it makes a whole lot of sense!!). She matched me at 128 and put some on my right cheek and down to my jaw. I looked in the mirror and it was a dead on match for my NC30 skin. I honestly could not tell I was wearing any makeup aside from the fact that that part of my face looked a LOT better; more even toned, glowy, and just over-all better.

I've worn this every day since and it has not disappointed. I live in Amsterdam where it's usually rainy, sometimes cold pouring rain, sometimes humid mist and I travel using a bicycle twice per day... It has never ran down my face, gotten goupy, cakey, or anything else. When I'm home at 6pm, after having this on for 11 hours (set with HD powder, nor not), traveling on a bicycle in the rain, working all day, back home by bicycle, etc... it's still good as new. I've even made it the 2x I've tried in a steambath of a nightclub, dancing until 3am... I didn't even need to blot!

MUFE hardly ever disappoints and this was definitely not a disappointment! Will def purchase again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by mizzbouvier14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this foundation for a while, and I LOVE IT! Coverage is great, and lasts forever. I don't even have to use a lot of product, either. I bought this when I ran out of MAC studio tech, and well.. this is my new go-to foundation for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I dont think this is special enough to be $40, but it is a great foundation. I am in between NC15 & NC20 & I use shade 117
I'm going to compare it to 2 popular foundations-MAC studio fix fluid & Estee Lauder DoubleWear at the end of my review.
Pros: *I never see anyone mention this & its not described under the description on Sephora's site* but the box says it has an ingredient called Relipidium that moisturizes skin up to +46%. It feels like second skin! Super light weight, feels like a light lotion that absorbs quickly. You can take your time blending without it drying out, and one pump will cover your entire face. A little of this goes a long way! Hides wrinkles & doesn't highlight or settle in them like many foundations do. I dont think this is a glowy foundation, it appears matte on my skin and there is no micro shimmer or illuminators you can see with your eye up close. It doesn't look chalky or powdery but this does not have a glow to it like Carmindy or Revlon Photo Ready finish foundation for example. It reminds me of mineral foundation, even matte mineral foundation looks "dewy" or "fresh" but no shimmer in this foundation what-so-ever.The box says " The Sericite contained in HD foundation heightens the diffusion of light and intensifies the glow of the skin". This feels baby soft on skin, as if it had a setting powder built into it. I think the coverage is light-medium, buildable. Fantastic color selection from MUFE. None of these are extreme pink or yellow

Cons: Does settle in pores, not in small ones but if you have large pores from acne marks, scars etc. It also highights dry spots. You will def need an exfoliated and/or moisturized face with this foundation . It does have a floral scent that you cant smell on your face but can smell when applying. No SPF. Redness does peak through midday if its hot or humid so you need to set it with a powder. update* I'm beginning to see breakouts on my cheeks, chin, & nose. I never break out on my cheeks usually its forehead or chin, but I've got bumps on both sides. I think its because of the 40% moisturizer ingredient this product has.

Coverage comparison from highest to lowest: EL DW, MAC SSF, MUFE HD. MUFE HD looks better on wrinkles, but the other 2 are better at covering flaws such as acne, dark spots. MAC SSF & EL DW are more buildable coverage foundations. MUFE doesnt build as well, its more for good skin I would say. EL DW is the best at not transferring on clothes, or just rubbing off during the day, MAC SSF is next, and MUFE HD comes off the quickest, through out the day. Best color selection- MUFE HD. MAC SFF wins if you have large pores & dry patches. Both EL DW & MUFE HD can highlight dry spots & settle in pores. If you want something that will stay matte all day in rain, sweat, or heat- EL DW wins. EL DW & MAC SSF have SPF, MUFE HD doesnt. Who gets my vote? MAC SSF. For the price, the buildable coverage, no fragrance, SPF, light weight feel, & not settling into my acne scars on my cheeks, MAC wins for me. MUFE HD does not photograph any better for me than EL DW, OR MAC SSF, it does not cover better, it has the least coverage actually. EL DW is great too, but it does feel like you are wearing makeup, its thickness is its downfall. I am keeping EL DW & my MAC, but I will be returning MUFE HD. MUFE HD is the easiest to apply because it feels like a lotion not a foundation, but for the price it does nothing my current foundations don't already do. If you want the lightest non makeup feeling foundation this would be a great match for you. Very happy I tried, it's a great foundation, and I love the pump. MUFE HD $40- 1oz, EL DW $34 - 1oz, MAC SSF $26- 1oz..

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by carlafd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It is a sheer to medium coverage, not very buildable. Very light feeling and great for my sensitive dry skin. It is dewy without being greasy and does wonders for my complexion. When I wear it I feel like my skin looks natural and better. I would recommend you to set it thought as the foundation does not dry to a powdery finish. I set it with my MAC MSF natural and it looks like my skin but improved. I think I will repurchase as my go-to foundation.