October 2, 2014 | 1457 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by KennethAlan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the only foundation I have ever used as I just got into makeup in the past few years, but I can just tell this is amazing compared to a lot of other ones. The finish is more of a satin finish on me because after a couple hours I'll notice my skin is sort of glowing like the light is reflecting off of it, but that just might be because I have really oily skin and it's mixing with my oil or something, or maybe it's the MUFE HD powder I use over it... either way it looks great. I have really oily acne prone skin and this oddly seems to control my oil or something because I never look oily at the end of the day. This is bad, but one time I wore it for around 48 hours and slept in it twice (long story) and my skin still looked amazing afterwards and I have acne and acne scars so it was pretty amazing. There are so many shades that it's pretty much a guarentee you will find a shade to match your skin. I wear shade 115. I definitely recommend trying this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 6:48:00 AM More reviews by JoiW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's my first bottle of foundation coz I'm quite young....The coverage is good and the color 108 matches well with my skin tone.

However, there're many cons for this product.First, it makes my T-zone super oily. And also it gives me a 'I'm wearing too much make-up' look...Even when I applied it with a MAC 187 for just once on my skin, it looks cakey...

So I will keep looking for my HG foundation...I'm trying sisley now...Hope for the best..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by ESTHETICIANNM

If this foundation doesnt break me out it will be my HG!!! I'am on day three..still loving it. I bought the mat velvet first and had to return it after one use. I could have sworn with my oily skin that would have been the match...but it turned colors as the day went on and made my skin look cakey and fake. The dry areas looked gross LOL...anyways I was worried with my oily skin this wouldnt be a fit but I was wrong. The color matches my fair skin wonderfully. I just used some powder for a touch up and it looked amazing still. I have some acne scars and this didnt sit in them at all. I know its moderate coverage so for my few spots I used concealer. The outcome is lovely. If this foundation does not break me out I will use..FOREVER!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by sarahmascara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it! All the issues I have with foundations are minimized here... I have super dry skin, and HD over my moisturizer gives me gorgeous coverage and a beautiful "finish" to my skin. Gives a great professional result! Feels very lightweight and I hardly notice I'm wearing it. I always go with a much lighter shade than what MUA tend to recommend, because I prefer to enhance my natural paleness, so I chose HD #110. The color is PERFECT for my skin; it's a near match and makes my skin look porcelain-smooth. Exactly what I want in a foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by krisvrn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So I started using this product again with Mary Kay Oil Mattifyer on my nose and I use the MUFE duo powder and it works so much better. I say this is my 2nd fav foundation. My fav is the MUFE Velvet Mat formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i really like this foundation, although it is a little bit tricky to use, but it really does give a very smooth and nice finish with medium coverage. it is quite moisturizing for my dry skin. it has never failed me. and i found that i dont even need powder with this foundation, given that i have dry flaky skin. the key to a smooth application is to expoliate well, i tend to do it twice a week in winter using metabolic cream from ZA to get rid of any dry patches, which i think is vital for any base application regardless whichever foundation i use. it dries quite fast so work a little bit each time. and it also sets very well, not streaky. i heard the explanation of its thickness from a youtube beauty guru who is a makeupartist for Vogue, lisa eld somthing i dont remember verbatin. she said its partical is so fine while dense, that is why it covers so well, but the point is to use to a very thin layer of it. you can wet your sponge, or spray some water on a 109 foundation brush. i dont personally like to use a buffer brush or a flat top brush as my skin is very thin and dry so fragile. it will just wind it up is do it in circular motion, just like exfoliating my face, absolutely horrible. look it up for method to use this foundationm, i believe you will have a vwery satisfying result. i use this foudnation whenever i go for some formal event, such a a wedding reception, graduation photoes taking. i use it in 117, a tad lighter but it is close. when i go out for a date/dinner, i use Chanel pro lumiere 20. i really love MUFE base makeups, including its face and body, lift concealer, etc.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by aerislina

WORST FOUNDATION .... ever.

The foundation applies really cakey. Even after I've exfoliated and truly moisturized my skin, even after my skin is in its top shape, this foundation still cakes on me! I don't understand..

Anyway, the only good thing about it was that the color matched perfectly. Other than that, I had to return it. It just wasn't doing any good.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Andera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this just a few weeks before Christmas - to prepare myself for all the holiday season photos LOL!

The MUA colour matched me to shade no. 170 and I must say it was an excellent choice because the colour is very natural on me (I'm NW35/NC42 in MAC).

The coverage is light to medium with a single pump's application but I imagine it would be buildable although I havent tried it myself. I've applied it with both the 190 brush and also my fingers.

I like the smell - which is a welcome change from the other foundations I use (MAC, Bobbi Brown, L'oreal) but it's not overpowering in any way.

I use the HD powder to set the foundation and I must say it turns out great in photographs. But I dont think the effect is quite as different or outstanding when viewed in person.

My skin type is combination with an oily t-zone and this foundation starts to look oily after about 7 hours (worn without a primer) although I stayed in an air-conditioned room the whole time. So for that reason, I would not use it as a day to day foundation for work.

Also if you have dry patches, you might want to avoid it. I had a spot of dry skin around my mouth (due to a botched facial recently gah!) and the foundation caked around it rather noticeably.

All in all, I would use this for 'special occasions' where photographs are being taken. Not sure if it would withstand a hot and humid environment though i.e. clubs.

But until I find another HD foundation that's better, I'm sticking to it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by sweetkandi87

I got this basically for half off with a rewards card from Sephora, so I decided to try it, because for about 20 bucks, its not that big of a deal if it didnt work out. Well, it didnt really work out for me. It has amazing coverage, and a really nice finish that I LOVE, but, for some reason it just didnt wear that great. I have combo skin, and it would show dry patches that I dont even have - like on my cheeks. Even on my nose, which tends to get oily later in the day. It just didnt look good halfway through the day, and really didnt look good at the end of the day. Lets just say it didnt look good at all. Just because something costs a lot of money doesnt mean its going to be gold. Im just glad I didnt spend $40 on this, because I will NOT buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by debbiedhebz

Out of curiosity I bought it, I am a full/medium coverage person and this is a light coverage, it does not cover my sun spots or any spots on my face, this will work if you just want a natural look or if you don't need to cover anything on your face. I use this once in a while, i don't hate it I just don't like it on me.