September 20, 2014 | 1959 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i really like this foundation, although it is a little bit tricky to use, but it really does give a very smooth and nice finish with medium coverage. it is quite moisturizing for my dry skin. it has never failed me. and i found that i dont even need powder with this foundation, given that i have dry flaky skin. the key to a smooth application is to expoliate well, i tend to do it twice a week in winter using metabolic cream from ZA to get rid of any dry patches, which i think is vital for any base application regardless whichever foundation i use. it dries quite fast so work a little bit each time. and it also sets very well, not streaky. i heard the explanation of its thickness from a youtube beauty guru who is a makeupartist for Vogue, lisa eld somthing i dont remember verbatin. she said its partical is so fine while dense, that is why it covers so well, but the point is to use to a very thin layer of it. you can wet your sponge, or spray some water on a 109 foundation brush. i dont personally like to use a buffer brush or a flat top brush as my skin is very thin and dry so fragile. it will just wind it up is do it in circular motion, just like exfoliating my face, absolutely horrible. look it up for method to use this foundationm, i believe you will have a vwery satisfying result. i use this foudnation whenever i go for some formal event, such a a wedding reception, graduation photoes taking. i use it in 117, a tad lighter but it is close. when i go out for a date/dinner, i use Chanel pro lumiere 20. i really love MUFE base makeups, including its face and body, lift concealer, etc.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by aerislina

WORST FOUNDATION .... ever.

The foundation applies really cakey. Even after I've exfoliated and truly moisturized my skin, even after my skin is in its top shape, this foundation still cakes on me! I don't understand..

Anyway, the only good thing about it was that the color matched perfectly. Other than that, I had to return it. It just wasn't doing any good.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Andera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this just a few weeks before Christmas - to prepare myself for all the holiday season photos LOL!

The MUA colour matched me to shade no. 170 and I must say it was an excellent choice because the colour is very natural on me (I'm NW35/NC42 in MAC).

The coverage is light to medium with a single pump's application but I imagine it would be buildable although I havent tried it myself. I've applied it with both the 190 brush and also my fingers.

I like the smell - which is a welcome change from the other foundations I use (MAC, Bobbi Brown, L'oreal) but it's not overpowering in any way.

I use the HD powder to set the foundation and I must say it turns out great in photographs. But I dont think the effect is quite as different or outstanding when viewed in person.

My skin type is combination with an oily t-zone and this foundation starts to look oily after about 7 hours (worn without a primer) although I stayed in an air-conditioned room the whole time. So for that reason, I would not use it as a day to day foundation for work.

Also if you have dry patches, you might want to avoid it. I had a spot of dry skin around my mouth (due to a botched facial recently gah!) and the foundation caked around it rather noticeably.

All in all, I would use this for 'special occasions' where photographs are being taken. Not sure if it would withstand a hot and humid environment though i.e. clubs.

But until I find another HD foundation that's better, I'm sticking to it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by sweetkandi87

I got this basically for half off with a rewards card from Sephora, so I decided to try it, because for about 20 bucks, its not that big of a deal if it didnt work out. Well, it didnt really work out for me. It has amazing coverage, and a really nice finish that I LOVE, but, for some reason it just didnt wear that great. I have combo skin, and it would show dry patches that I dont even have - like on my cheeks. Even on my nose, which tends to get oily later in the day. It just didnt look good halfway through the day, and really didnt look good at the end of the day. Lets just say it didnt look good at all. Just because something costs a lot of money doesnt mean its going to be gold. Im just glad I didnt spend $40 on this, because I will NOT buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by debbiedhebz

Out of curiosity I bought it, I am a full/medium coverage person and this is a light coverage, it does not cover my sun spots or any spots on my face, this will work if you just want a natural look or if you don't need to cover anything on your face. I use this once in a while, i don't hate it I just don't like it on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by tpiece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually wanted to give this product a 4.5.

I am Asian with light to medium, very dry skin. I live in ridiculously humid (and more often than not, hot) weather, so often times, I will start to sweat the minute I step out of an airconditioned environment.

I've been looking for a foundation that won't cake or crease in this weather, and I think I've found it. Most days I opt for light coverage, and dot this foundation on different areas of my face, finishing the application with my MAC 187 stippling brush. This product is versatile enough that I can apply a bit more heavily when I go out in the evenings. Because of my dry skin, I will at times opt to go without a finishing powder, which results in a nice dewy look.

Did I mention it also photographs quite well?

In spite of the steeper price, since I use it primarily for lighter coverage, I feel like this container will last me a long time. I will definitely be purchasing again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by thinkpink241

After trying to find my perfect colour for my EXTREMELY PALE SKIN over the last couple years in a non-drying/caky foundation, it has been an expensive venture. After wasting money on MAC, Clinique, Cover fx etc etc... I was finally exposed to this GREAT product.

I am the lightest shade 106 in this foundation and I use my MAC 187 to stiple it on and blend the product in. Some days I want a more sheer coverages and other days I want full coverage. This foundation can do exactly that for me WITHOUT looking like I am wearing makeup. Seriously, this foundation goes INTO your skin.. and does not feel like it is a mask sitting ontop!

I would reccommend this foundation to anyone who has very pale skin.. and wants medium to full buildable coverage.

I took a lippy off for the price. In Canada it was 46$ before taxes at Sephora. A bit steep for me. As well.. you only get a small amount of product, so I will be using sparingly. The packaging is a bit deceiving because it is a tube within a tube.. but the pump is fantastic :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Sarraaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got this foundation only a week, but yesterday it really made me love it. I saw a few reviews about how this foundation didnt last all day. Yesterday I went to work from 13 till 18 after that I went to dinner, bowling and a club and it still was perfect when I got home at 4.30 at night without any touch ups. So it really worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by LadyDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the second Summer I have used this foundation. I have it in #125 (Sand). I use it on special occassions - weddings, christenings etc, going out clubbing, night events and so on.

The tricks I have learnt to make it work for my oily skin - a little goes a long way, use a primer first, always mix a bit of MAC Strobe cream with it to make it light and natural, apply powder after. I like the way it makes my skin look smooth and polished.

When I use it all up I am not positive if I will repurchase. If I feel the urge to try something new I will but if I can't decide, I am happy to buy Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by MSMKUP

This has been the best foundation I have tried yet. I have oily skin and usually liquid foundation ends up looking cakey and even more oily but this one feels light and blends well. My skin still continues to be oily but not close to being as oily with other foundations. This foundation covered my sunburn well and even my red spots.