September 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by mimi1806

Im NC30 and I used MUFE #128, perfect match. Which I love in this foundation is its coverage but still brings a glow finish. The texture is a bit thick but dont worry, just blend it fast and the finish is great, very thin with a medium coverage. Not my 1st choice but I will repurchase because I always want to have a number of foundations to change rather than stick with only one product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Teex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

** HG ALERT!! **
Coverage - medium to full, buildable.
Scent - slight scent, but no fragrance.
Finish - polished, not dewy, not matte, just beautiful looking, perfect skin.

Product description and further details;
Comes in a really sturdy clear plastic bottle with a handy pump. No SPF, looks amazing in flash/non flash photography. 30ml, 1oz.

My skin info;
MUFE 117 matches me perfectly. My closest match in other brands include; NC15, NARS SG Gobi, Bobbi Brown 2Sand (slight dark, haven't tested 1Warm Ivory).

Here are some swatches by me;

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

After hearing tons of rave on MUFE HD foundation, I decided to give it a try. This is actually the first liquid foundation and I like it, besides the fact that the mufe sa couldn't pick out my shade. I had to go back a second time and get a closer color to my skin tone. This foundation covers up everything! And it stays on forever! And this is without primer! I use a flat top brush and it goes on smoothly and evenly. I'm really glad that it doesn't leave my face looking too fake or heavy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Chianti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My other ftd: NC 30, Nars Balanced Ftd in Budapest.
I was matched with 127.
I'm giving this 3 lippies because:
1. It accentuates dry spots as previous reviewers have stated (exfoliation and my usual moisturizer didn't help)
2. It was hard to find a perfect match for my azn skin (it lacks the yellow tint I need)
3. Needs a heavy moisturizer to make it work (I have to buy a heavier moisturizer for this ftd)
4. Needs a damp ftd brush for good application ( I never have to do this w/ my other ftd)
5. Pricey ($42)
So because of the extra steps/product I have to do/buy I won't repurchase. However, I like the pump dispenser and how light this feels on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was very wary of this since I am dry/acne prone & all glowy foundations seem to break me out horrid. I am on my 2nd bottle of this stuff. I'm NC20 & MUFE 117 is a perfect match for me. It gives me a healthy glowy look & you only need 1 pump. I got my 2nd jar when I got $15 coupon around xmas. Amazing stuff & a bottle lasts forever!

UPDATE: This makes me skin look so masky & unatural. It is sad it no longer works for myself. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by KennethAlan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the only foundation I have ever used as I just got into makeup in the past few years, but I can just tell this is amazing compared to a lot of other ones. The finish is more of a satin finish on me because after a couple hours I'll notice my skin is sort of glowing like the light is reflecting off of it, but that just might be because I have really oily skin and it's mixing with my oil or something, or maybe it's the MUFE HD powder I use over it... either way it looks great. I have really oily acne prone skin and this oddly seems to control my oil or something because I never look oily at the end of the day. This is bad, but one time I wore it for around 48 hours and slept in it twice (long story) and my skin still looked amazing afterwards and I have acne and acne scars so it was pretty amazing. There are so many shades that it's pretty much a guarentee you will find a shade to match your skin. I wear shade 115. I definitely recommend trying this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 6:48:00 AM More reviews by JoiW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's my first bottle of foundation coz I'm quite young....The coverage is good and the color 108 matches well with my skin tone.

However, there're many cons for this product.First, it makes my T-zone super oily. And also it gives me a 'I'm wearing too much make-up' look...Even when I applied it with a MAC 187 for just once on my skin, it looks cakey...

So I will keep looking for my HG foundation...I'm trying sisley now...Hope for the best..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by ESTHETICIANNM

If this foundation doesnt break me out it will be my HG!!! I'am on day three..still loving it. I bought the mat velvet first and had to return it after one use. I could have sworn with my oily skin that would have been the match...but it turned colors as the day went on and made my skin look cakey and fake. The dry areas looked gross LOL...anyways I was worried with my oily skin this wouldnt be a fit but I was wrong. The color matches my fair skin wonderfully. I just used some powder for a touch up and it looked amazing still. I have some acne scars and this didnt sit in them at all. I know its moderate coverage so for my few spots I used concealer. The outcome is lovely. If this foundation does not break me out I will use..FOREVER!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by sarahmascara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it! All the issues I have with foundations are minimized here... I have super dry skin, and HD over my moisturizer gives me gorgeous coverage and a beautiful "finish" to my skin. Gives a great professional result! Feels very lightweight and I hardly notice I'm wearing it. I always go with a much lighter shade than what MUA tend to recommend, because I prefer to enhance my natural paleness, so I chose HD #110. The color is PERFECT for my skin; it's a near match and makes my skin look porcelain-smooth. Exactly what I want in a foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by krisvrn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So I started using this product again with Mary Kay Oil Mattifyer on my nose and I use the MUFE duo powder and it works so much better. I say this is my 2nd fav foundation. My fav is the MUFE Velvet Mat formula.