November 24, 2014 | 1998 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by MUFEx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

IN LOVE with this foundie!! Beautiful flawless coverage without feeling cakey or looking heavily made up unlike Studio fix fluid which i find cakes on me an makes me break out like a mother!! i'm NC42 and use #153 in this and must say it's an amazing colour match!! Soo expensive but really worth it! :) x

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by theanginator

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation! Has a truly fantastic finish. Provides great coverage while not looking like you're made up. Although you can build coverage with this stuff so if you want to look made up, then that's possible as well. Lasts all day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I began using this during Spring/Summer and it was pretty good stuff. Now that it's winter and the weather is drying I hate this foundation. It gets stuck in my pores, amplifies any flakes I might have, and overall doesn't look very good. I've experimented with a multitude of primers and moisturizers as well as different applications (fingers, brush, sponge) but this stuff gets stuck in pores every single time

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by sailingcutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really do love this foundation. I'm NW47 in MAC and in this foundation I am #180. This foundation is dead on! I have a problem with MAC sometimes coming off to red for me but not this one. I applied this foundation with my Flat top Buffer brush from Coastal Scents and the results were amazing. The foundation isn't full coverage and it's a nice natural look. I have extremly sensitive skin and this didn't break me out like the MAC Studio Fix Fluid.The only gripe I have about this foundation is that I got a little oily in my t-zone after about 2 hours, so you have to keep blotting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by tanassa02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic special occasion foundation. It gives very even, natural looking coverage, and skin has a healthy glow. While expensive, it's definitely worth it. I don't use it but once or twice a week, so it lasts me quite a while. The two main drawbacks are the price, and the fact that it doesn't mattify. As I have oily skin, I can't use it for situations where I may be sweating a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by pixiegirl23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've had this since the summer and it really is good if you know how to apply your foundation right. I have combination skin and bought the 125 shade with the help of a Sephora assistant. It matches wonderfully! I only need 1/2-3/4 of a pump for each application. The formula dries faster compared to other ones I have used, however, with a dampened sponge applicator and lotioned face, it goes on really well and practically invisible. I don't have to use another concealer to cover up my dark circles. I go over it with another thin layer and my dark circles are invisible. I noticed in my vacation pictures, my skin looked like it was airbrushed, as if I sent my pictures for touching up! Love, love this foundation, very worth the money! I'm planning on buying the beautyblender sponge to apply this foundation for an even more airbrushed look.

Some people say that it flakes or whatever on them. Remember to apply foundation right! Always exfoliate dead skin, lotion well, and use a damp sponge applicator for a dewy airbrushed look, and remember powder afterwards!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by sassysammie89

i use this product with a large stippling brush to get an even but LIGHT coverage. i hate the look of caked on makeup. If applied with the right brush, this foundation can give amazing coverage.

::pros:: even coverage, not heavy at all & does not look cakey!
::cons:: the price

>works best with: Smashbox photofinish primer & bare minerals face powder continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went to Sephora to purchase an everyday foundation. The SA recommended this one as I have troubles matching and the 117 is the best match to my fair and yellow-undertoned skin. I didn't try it all over my face, shame on me. I have since used it and unfortutnately, I do not dig it. I will only wear this when my skin is having a good day. If you have any flakiness, forget it. It does dry to a matte-type finish. Whilst, I am a little frustrated with it, the colour match is perfect

*update* I actually have to take back my rating. I worked with it a little and used much less product. It looks flawless, no dewiness nor matte effect. Simply skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Callie3810

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is great although it can be difficult to pump when the product gets low. I take a make-up wet brush to clean out the bottle. I have gone through at least 5 bottles and will continue to buy. It is a great value for the price

An Experienced Model

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by AimeeJAdore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation comes with alot of promise to it, and was made specifically for HD TV and such. As a pro Makeup Artist, I do like it, but not personally for my every day use. My own skin is rather oily, med-large pores and this foundation doesn't stay put as well as I would like. I will use it sometimes for my clients if I know they are specifically having a tv appearance. Also, in tv and camera makeup, it's meant to to applied in thin layers, as a buildable coverage. When it's applied like this, and set with the HD powder, it does look very flawless and beautiful on camera. But for everyday wear and tear, I prefer to wear my favorite Estee Lauder DoubleWear. (no pun intended!) When I have a tv appearance, I use the HD foundation since I know I won't be on camera for hours. I've studied the difference on camera and print, and Makeup Forever has certainly hit on something beautiful!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by sarah1nicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I may be in the minority here, but this stuff was horrible! If by HD they mean, show every flaw on your skin, then yes it does it's job. My HG is MAC's Studio Sculpt - it covers all my pores, and conceals all my dry spots. This stuff did the complete opposite. It made my skin look soooo dry when it wasn't. It enlarged my pores. And the color selection sucked. I tried applying this several different ways - brush, stippling, sponge, hands. NOTHING made this stuff look good. And the price was outrageous as well. The only good thing was that it didn't break me out. So glad Sephora has a return policy...