August 1, 2014 | 1673 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have VERY oily skin and I usually use Bare Minerals Matte, but in the winters I get really dry and mineral powder accentuate my dry patches so I decided to switch to foundation. My go to liquid foundation has always been my MAC Pro Longwear (NC 42) but lately it's been magnifying my dry patches even with extensive moisturizing so I decided to give this dry. I'm using 160 and it's the perfect match! It looks natural, not matte, but a better version of my skintone. Absolutely no problems with my dry patches and I have extremely large pores on the nose and cheeks and it smooth it all. It's very light and I have no problems with the pump putting out too much product. I would say that it would almost be medium coverage but it's so light there's no problem building up the product without cakiness. Aside from fantastic pictures you get with this, my favorite part is the velvety smooth finish it leaves my skin. My husband complimented me on how soft my skin is to the touch! The only beef I have with this (one lippie off) is the lasting power, without the MUFE HD primer I start to see some sheen on my T zone in a few hours ( I never have this problem with the MAC pro longwear) but this is manageable. I would definitely re purchase over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Nynsnow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been wanting to try this for a long time but was put off by the price and I was okay with my Mac studio fix. My wedding's coming in a couple of months though and I decided to try other products to see if I could find something I'd like more and found it! My skin looks so much better with it and I noticed a lot less clogged pores. Mac studio fix, we had a great run but I have to move on!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by cocostar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I waited and waited before reviewing this product. I swore it off thinking it would not work for me and I read a lot of positive comments regarding this. I caved in and went to Sephora. For reference I am NC50/NW45. I thought I would be 177, but 180 was gorgeous! It looks redder than I wanted in the bottle but on my skin it doesn't look red at all. I used the HD powder (HG status!) and loved it. I allowed a few hours to oxide and it was still holding up. I still have to blot (as usual) but it feels light and good on the skin. I sometimes use my MSF in Deep Dark if I don't want the matte look. I must say this is a wonderful foundation. I was concerned that the shade choices would not complement ALL women of color but I was impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by fresh76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried SO many foundations - from Laura Mercier to Armani - and this, by far, trumps them all. I have oily skin so I have accepted (after a number of tries) that no foundation is ideal for oily skin (i've tried Chanel Mat Lumiere, Bare Escentuals Matte formula, etc), so I have been primarily targeting a foundation that provides smooth, clean coverage - and this one is the best! My favourite thing about it (aside from not really feeling it on my skin during the day) is that when my skin is dry due to the winter weather, using this foundation makes my skin feel super comfortable. It doesn't feel too heavy or slick - it just feels like it delivers adequate hydration. I love this foundation and I will not buy any other liquid foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by simplystephy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on a whim because everyone on youtube seemed to be inlove with it. It's okay, nothing special and it also seemed to accentuate my dry patches.. I don't think i would repurchase, I only keep it in my makeup-kit for clients. It looks amazing in photos! but for real life, not really necessary.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This didn't live up to the hype for me. It caked around blemishes and looked dry on my face. The coverage is not amazing. I have to put it on reallly lightly, like spot application to get a natural look. If I put too much on I look weird, even though my shade is right. I also don't think that it lasts very long on your face and is too drying for my skin. I also think it might be breaking me out if I leave it on too long. I prefer the face and body foundation to this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have really been loving this foundation! I have dry skin and I'm NC15. I got shade 117.

I haven't taken any photos with it yet, so I'm not sure how great of an HD effect it will have (will update once I do). I read other reviews before buying and noticed that one of the major cons is that it has poor staying power. I've not sure about it because every time I have used this I have applied a primer (MUFE HD primer) and a powder (MAC MSFN) and it lasts all day for me. This is medium coverage, which I don't need a full coverage foundation anyway.I apply it with my sigma F80. I love the finish this gives me! It's dewy and makes my skin look flawless. The best part is that it looks like MY skin, not makeup!

Pros- Packaging is great, dewy finish but doesn't make your skin look oily, wide shade selection, it looks like skin, it makes my skin look perfect!

Cons- price ($40 is a lot for one foundation), doesn't last long.

Bottom line- It is a great foundation. It's perfect for me but I would NOT buy this if you have oily skin,are looking for a full coverage foundation, or if you like a matte finish.
This has replaced my revlon colorstay and is now my new HG. The only thing that would hold me back from buying again is the $40 price tag, but I know it's worth it so I will!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by chloexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently purchased the HD foundation for use in the winter. I usually use mineral but I find my face is to dry in the colder weather. So far I am loving it. I chose 117 and it is an exact match! It is the first time I have had a foundation match so well. I find applying with my fingers creates the most natural look for my skin. I will repurchase but will probably go back the BE in the warmer months.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by luvbug753

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The color match was great (Im NC 25 and got #120) but it never really "stuck" to my skin. BTW I have fairly clear normal skin. I feel that this foundation staying power is horrible. Within 2 hours it looked patchy (even when setting with powder) and by the end of the day it was completely off. Thank goodness I didn't give up on Make up forever foundations. I ended up trying the Face and Body one and I loved it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by missmcdermott1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this foudation, it looks so natural like your not even wearing makeup as long as you dont layer it. Using the stippling effect work best for an airbrush look. I've been using this for a month and it has not made me break out! This does accentuate dry areas though. Perfect color match. My foundation search is over!