August 1, 2014 | 1225 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

i love this powder like OD but i would recommend if your buying this to go 1~3 shades darker because if you get a lighter color it makes your face loook white. i first bought this in cream and ew, then i rebought it in beige and it looks fine. Next time i might buy it a shade darker :)

EDITTTT: i swear as products are getting better and better i began to dislike the products that i love. i LOVE this powder until i noticed it has shimmer, so sadly i won't be using this again but the coverage is superb

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ledisko17

the first few times i used this i hated it. it left me chalky and powedery looking.HOWEVER i ran out of my bare essentials and needed a powder that soaked up all the oil on my forehead and i used this. LOVE IT! i used my mineral powder brush and it works soo much better than with the puff. leaves my skin matte and "dewy". it doesnt have much coverage alone but i use bare essentials bisque to cover up blemishes and then this on top and im ready to go. a deffinate repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by s0fieee

my favorite powder. before i got dream matte powder i had to put powder on my face every hour and with this one i do it once in the morning when i put my make up on and that's it for the day!!!!! it's incredible!!!!! it's relative cheap as well i bought it for 15 euros. well done maybelline!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by BarbieGaGa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! Even though they give you a pad to apply it with, I use a kabuki brush instead. I found that it gave me more even results. This product is supposed to keep your face matte, and it didn't really do that for me. I have a really oily t-zone and make up melts off in 7-8 hours. But with this, I stayed nearly matte for atleast 4-5 hours when I usually start 'shining' at around 2-3 hours. It stays on pretty well and doesn't rub off easily. It's water and sweat proof, so that's a huge plus (just blot your face with a towel instead of rubbing).
I really like the packaging. The compact opens up in 2 ways. The bottom slides out showing the pad, and under it, a clear mirror. Then you open the top, where the powder is. I find that the mirror is very helpful on those 'on the go' touch ups. But still, I like using my brush instead of the pad.
In the store, I saw a good collection of shades, but I didn't really see any darker colors, but I don't know if they were sold out or something. But anyways, finding your shade is easy since the actual color of the powder right on it. I took away 1 lippie because of the not-so-matte-all-day factor. Other than that, this is really amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I must say, I am surprised by the quality of this powder. I have been using MAC for a while now, but it wasn't everything I wanted it to be. After reading the reviews for this product, I went ahead and bought it. I use the darkest shade, Hazelnut. It helped make my skin look flawless and matte. I am really pleased.

My only problem is the packaging, but eh..I'll live.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by pinkprepster

BEST compact I have ever used! I am a teenager and I use it for touchups during the day and it is awesome. It gets rid of the oil and covers well... I will def. buy this product again. Maybelline has always impressed me. I am getting low on this powder so I bought the Mineral Power pressed powder and it is also super amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Leslies18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have been using bare minerals, and although I do love it...I wanted to find something more accessible and less expensive. Also I started to notice I would get oily with bare minerals, and I would be shiny in my Tzone..So I tried this. I really like it and would recommend trying it. They do not have many colors, and I think that should probably be expanded, but luckily I found my color (honey) and have really enjoyed it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

Once again, Maybelline disappoints me. I bought this one week at Walgreens when Maybelline was BOGO Free. I bought this in Light 4, which is Nude, though I wear their Pure Makeup in Light 2 or Light 3. The shade was all wrong. One swoop across and this powder made me look ghostly. After this product, I'm pretty much done with Maybelline. I should've trusted my instrincts in the first place. However, the powder wasn't too heavy and did give matte look. So, I give it a 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by blondie7icecold

I really like this powder, and I wasn't expecting to since my skin's so sensitive. I always seem to get a shiny forehead no matter what I use, even in the winter. This stuff really helps! Little to no shine after hours of wear. I've only been using for a brief time, so I'm not sure if it causes me to break out, but so far so good. The only drawback is that it does look a little chalky if you put too much on, but that's not really a big deal if you don't overdo it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Kat2004

I really like this powder! I have to say i'm impressed by the quality of this inexpensive mattifying little gem. I got it for about $10CAN after reading all the positive reviews. It really does control my oil all day without a touch-up. The texture is so smooth and silky. I find the best way to apply this is build it up slowly...applying too much at once can make it look chalky. This is one of the few powders that I will completely use up and repurchase for sure.