October 21, 2014 | 1873 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After reading reviews on here about this product, I wanted to try it. I have never had oily skin, so I never felt a need to use powder. I just wanted to try it. I bought it at CVS for $8. I really like it. I rarely reapply or touchup my foundation, but occasionally I really should. This product works great for touchups so I don't have to apply more foundation. It adds a matte look to areas that I want it to. This powder is not a necessity for me, but I do like it have it around. I keep it in my purse and use a tiny bit on occasional afternoons.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Kairin

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I dropped a lipstick and switched from buying this product from a "Yes" to a "No". This powder broke me out! :-( So sad! I was in denial for a long time. I stopped using it a month ago with just my Colorstay Blemish concealer and my face healed up automatically. I used it back and I got a collage of pimples so no more. It's such a wonderful product but now I know all Maybelline products break me out. Sticking only to their lipsticks. So sad. :-(

I bought this at Walgreens since my Colorstay powder is running low. I always try my makeup on to see if I like it or not. If not, I return it the next day. Well I tried it. Afterwards, I told myself, "Wait until the Colorstay is gone to use this." but I can't keep my fingers OFF of this FABULOUS product! x3

Pros:
    -Doesn't lie in advertising. Gives a BEAUTIFUL airbrush finish. Also gives me a sun-kissed, flawless, ultimate-coverage look. It looks like I have no makeup on.
    -Perfect shade. (I have Honey Medium 3-4)
    -Soft feeling.
    -I use it on my chin and my forehead to keep oil at bay and it succeeds every time! Sometimes I put a little on my cheeks. :-P
    -I like the little feathery powder pad thing. It's cute, but I use a brush. Pad tore up when I tried to wash it anyways...

Cons:
    -None! Surprisingly longlasting.. :-)

Definite repurchase. It's a little pricey for me, but anything over $5 is pricey to me. Ha ha. Got it for $8 at Walgreens. Lovin' every dollar. My HG powder for now. Thank you Maybelline! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by DeltaChai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot leave the house without this wonderful product! I have this in Cream (which is the last color in the fairest category). I use it for touch ups during the day and it matches my skin perfectly. I just use a light dusting on my t-zone and my cheeks to keep the oils away. It does a great job at this, I don't get oily for hours when I use this and it perfects my skin. I love the scent with this, and how easy it is to load your brush with powder. For me, it has lasted such a long time for so cheap, I've had it since June of 08 and it is now March of 09 and I have not hit pan yet. I highly recommend this to oily ladies who want to keep their oilies at bay. I love this. My only gripe is the packaging, it has come a little loose after a while, so handle this with care.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by sweetsunshine324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this powder because it matches my skin tone really well for a drugstore powder. It goes on really evenly and it covers really well and I love how even it makes my skin look.

Now the down side... I don't know why but this is making my skin break out kinda bad. Ive had clear skin for a while now and the week and a half I've used this powder Ive had like one or two pimples (big ones!) a day. So annoying. The problem is is that I really love this powder and I don't wanna stop using it :( I'm gonna try revamping my face washing routine and see if that helps. Has anyone else had this problem?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by SweetToothedAnna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is drugstore Gold! it doesn't accentuate dry patches or flakes, good color selection, etc. I have the lightest shade and it works well for my nc10-15 skin, my only complaint is that its a tad too yellow :(
    Its still great! sometimes I use this w/o foundation and it covers well!
    I use a brush not the puff, yup you should buy it ! recommend: YES!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

ok this is my first day wearing this but i will update shortly. my favorite pressed powder ever was by maybelline, their yellow color corrector which is discontinued. i was buying it at a discount store and should have stocked up. i now get it online but its not easy to find and i wanted something i could get more easily and faster if needed. i loved that powder cause it was very finely milled, never oxidized, really kept my shiny t-zone, more or less matte, and the yellow was not chalky or too pale, or too -odd -color- taxi cab-ish, like other yellow powders. also and this is huge, if i looked in the mirror hrs later, or the end of the day even, i recognized myself. you know that funny thing some powders do? i dont just mean oxidize or stop working, i mean they gather in spots, they turn a barely dry patch into the sahara, they bond with your foundation to create some sort of surface that isnt natural in any light. you leave thinking, hmmm not bad! then you see yourself later and pray everyone around you for the last few hrs was nearsighted.

in an attempt to be able to see and be seen after the first hr i leave my door, i was hoping this would live up to all the great reviews here. i have benefited greatly from reviews here over the yrs. but one area i seem to diverge is face makeup, specifically foundation. if everyone here seems to love it, i get it too hoping...but then, like with the carmindy, sally hansen one, sad, just a sad few days i tried it out.

my skin is very dry but my t-zone very oily. i was hoping unlike with foundations this powder would live up to the hype. i was pleased right after using it. later when i saw myself in the mirror, yep, recognized myself. there was shine, but i dun no, lately nothing is getting totally rid of that nor do i expect it to. but my skin had not morphed into that horrible foundation/powder flotsam and jetsam floating on the surface of my skin, mocking me, "ha! you thought you looked ok?! well look atcha now!!!" even the shine was tolerable, more a glow than an oil spill. my mother saw me and commented that my skin looked soft, so i said im trying a new powder and she knows my issues, and what i want in one, she said it looked very natural. i touched up twice since 7 am. i looked in the mirror again and yep, i look tired (maybe thats putting it lightly) but my skin is nice. thats no small thing.

i should add that i have rosacea and my skin hates everything but so far so good. i am so self conscious about powders looking natural that i hope this stays in my good graces! wish me luck!;o)

(3 lippies till i do more test runs or it would be a 4)

Updated, liked this a lot, until I lost it that is. I finally found it months later (used for several months), and it has a funny smell. I didn't repurchase cause I tried to use up powders I already had. T Le Clerc is the only thing I liked better, had a deluxe sample. Am going to repurchase this asap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

i love this powder like OD but i would recommend if your buying this to go 1~3 shades darker because if you get a lighter color it makes your face loook white. i first bought this in cream and ew, then i rebought it in beige and it looks fine. Next time i might buy it a shade darker :)

EDITTTT: i swear as products are getting better and better i began to dislike the products that i love. i LOVE this powder until i noticed it has shimmer, so sadly i won't be using this again but the coverage is superb

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ledisko17

the first few times i used this i hated it. it left me chalky and powedery looking.HOWEVER i ran out of my bare essentials and needed a powder that soaked up all the oil on my forehead and i used this. LOVE IT! i used my mineral powder brush and it works soo much better than with the puff. leaves my skin matte and "dewy". it doesnt have much coverage alone but i use bare essentials bisque to cover up blemishes and then this on top and im ready to go. a deffinate repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by s0fieee

my favorite powder. before i got dream matte powder i had to put powder on my face every hour and with this one i do it once in the morning when i put my make up on and that's it for the day!!!!! it's incredible!!!!! it's relative cheap as well i bought it for 15 euros. well done maybelline!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by BarbieGaGa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! Even though they give you a pad to apply it with, I use a kabuki brush instead. I found that it gave me more even results. This product is supposed to keep your face matte, and it didn't really do that for me. I have a really oily t-zone and make up melts off in 7-8 hours. But with this, I stayed nearly matte for atleast 4-5 hours when I usually start 'shining' at around 2-3 hours. It stays on pretty well and doesn't rub off easily. It's water and sweat proof, so that's a huge plus (just blot your face with a towel instead of rubbing).
    I really like the packaging. The compact opens up in 2 ways. The bottom slides out showing the pad, and under it, a clear mirror. Then you open the top, where the powder is. I find that the mirror is very helpful on those 'on the go' touch ups. But still, I like using my brush instead of the pad.
    In the store, I saw a good collection of shades, but I didn't really see any darker colors, but I don't know if they were sold out or something. But anyways, finding your shade is easy since the actual color of the powder right on it. I took away 1 lippie because of the not-so-matte-all-day factor. Other than that, this is really amazing!