Neutrogena Oil Free eye makeup remover

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Poloxamer 182, Allantoin, Tripotassium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate.

on 2/15/2006 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I switched to this product based on reviews here, after using Pond's Cold Cream to remove my wp mascara for years because I was tired of the oily and greasy feeling on my eyelids. I was pleasantly surprised at the ease with which this cuts through most of the wp mascaras I've tried, though the stubborn ones (CG Fantastic Lash WP comes to mind) require a few seconds for it to soak in. It doesn't leave my eyelids oily, nor does it leave any film over my eyes. Most importantly, it doesn't sting either.

on 2/10/2006 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i loved it! it's cheap and works very well. it removed my waterproof mascara with no problem. didn't irritate my eyes at ll. will buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I found this product a few months ago and am already on my second bottle! I don't always wear a lot of eye makeup (MAC paint, eyeshadow, MAYBE fluidline, and mascara), but it ALWAYS takes everything off, no matter how much I have on. It leaves my eye area very soft, as well. I adore this!

on 1/30/2006 8:48:00 PM

I've been using Lancome BiFacil for years, but recently I wondered if I could find a product just as effective for much less than the $30 CDN I shell out. On impulse, while wandering through a drugstore, I saw this - at $10.99, a bit more than what I was expecting, but a third of what I've been paying all this time. And I love it! It performs just as well, if not better, than my trusty old Lancome - doesn't tug, doesn't irritate my eyes. I'm definitely making the permanent switch!

on 1/29/2006 2:04:00 PM

I picked this up after reading all the rave reviews here. I'm not totally disappointed, but I'm certainly not in love either. It does do a good job of removing eye makeup, I'll give it that. It certainly gets more off than my previous product, a Loreal something. But it doesn't seem to get all of it off. I still get a smudges after washing my face, and have to give it another go round (and I by no means wear a lot of eye makeup; most days it's only mascara!). Which leads me to a second problem: the oiliness of it!! The skin around my eyes feels so slick afterwards! This hasn't caused any breakouts or irritation or anything, but it's still really unappealing.

I haven't thrown it away, and probably won't, but I certainly won't be buying it again. continued >>

on 1/27/2006 11:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my favorite makeup remover. For a while, I was dumb enough to shell out $16 or so for Clinique's Take Off the Day, and then I found the Neutrogena version which is much cheaper! It usually runs for about $7 at drugstores, but I've found two-packs at Costco for $8-10 I think? My only complaint is that the bottle is not very travel-friendly; it has a tendency to leak if placed on it's side in transit, so I just leave this at home and pack my Olay daily facials instead. As long as I'm able to find this, I'll keep on repurchasing as it's gentle and effective at removing the gunk I pile onto my eyelids :)

on 1/27/2006 11:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

on 1/27/2006 11:39:00 PM

Not bad at all. I've been a loyal user of Lancome Bi-facial for a while, but I unexpectedly ran out a few days ago and didn't have time to go to the department store. I remember hearing that this is very similar to Bi-facial, so I bought it even though I've hated all the Neutrogena products I've ever tried. This product is comparable to Bi-facial -- so far, this and Bi-facial are the only two make-up removers that have removed all of my waterproof mascara (L'Oreal Voluminous) without leaving me with raccoon eyes the next morning, although I do have to rub a little. So, yes, I would probably repurchase this. It's worth the $10.99 CAD I paid for it, but I'm still looking for a make-up remover that will remove all my make-up without rubbing, if such a thing exists. EDIT: I just realised that the directions say to rinse rather than wipe. So maybe I'll try that tomorrow night.

on 1/24/2006 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's the BEST eye makeup remover I've ever used. Very gentle and it does a fantastic job of removing waterproof makeup and CHEAP too. :) I highly recommend this product if you need a good makeup remover but don't want to spend too much.

on 1/24/2006 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product made my eyes incredibly irritated. Not only did it sting on application, but it also was difficutlt to rinse away and made my vision blurry until I used soap to wash it off. IMO, the necessity of a soap wash following usage completely negates any benefits of a makeup remover.

I do not recommend this product and will be returning it.