Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

This is another reason that I LOVE CVS's return policy. I used this foundation for several days, but could not justify $14 for a foundation that just does not cut it. Overall, I liked the packaging (as long as your fingers are clean!), the color was perfect (Buff - I have used the other Color Stay before and already knew which shade worked for me), and my face felt dewey and fresh. The downside is it is extremely sheer -- I have used tinted moisturizers that provided more coverage. The only reason I tried this foundation was to see if it was more moisturizing than the regular Color Stay (which I love, but it dries out my skin.)

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Just bought this foundation and I love it! I just finished my chanel perfection lumier foundation which I loved also but I didn't love the $54 price tag. I was on a mission to find something just as good on a budget. I am amazed how perfect the color matched my skin tone. I have to say its a better match then the chanel the SA matched me with. This Whipped foundation reminds me do the $85 capture totale foundation and the Laura mercier $54 whipped foundation I have sampled. You won't be disappointed.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I can see how some folks love this but this was not great for my mature normal combo skin. At first I could see only good things as I stippled on with a flat top brush. I got medium coverage with very little product.

I tried 2 colors sand beige and warm golden on my warm toned LLL skin tone (probably NC 30 right now) and I liked warm golden better.

But after a couple of hours I didn't like how this made my complexion look so dull and flat. The foundation had settled in my wrinkles and seemed to emphasize them and on top of that seemed to feel rubbery and rather weird on my skin, not heavy just synthetic. That feeling didn't go away.

In addition I found the color darkened a little as well but the foundation was tenacious and was still there at 10 pm when I cleansed. But I did have some breakouts after a couple of wears.

I will say if you are looking for a cream to powder light wear with medium to full coverage to try the L'oreal cream version new in the jar. I think it is better suited to more mature complexions and feels near weightless for humid summer days. Also contains an SPF. You can see my review of it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

WOW I love this stuff!!! I am usually a Revlon Colorstay user in normal/dry skin. The only thing I don't like about that foundation is that it settles in the lines of my face. the area around my mouth is slightly darker than the rest of my face and I am been searching for a foundation that makes my skin one even color and this is it. I love the creamy consistency of this makeup and you really don't need much at all per use. I made the mistake of dipping my finger in twice the first time I used it and It was way too much. I think it's expensive, but if it works I am willing to pay for it with coupons/deals. I think it is much better than the regular CS foundation and it lasts all day. Would definitely recommend. A+
Please don't discontinue Revlon!!!

In my young adult years, I never found the need to wear foundation and make-up as a whole (aside from lipstick), but as I age, my skin has become discolored and I decided to try this out. I saw a review on YouTube recently from someone I admire from afar and she raved about this, so I gave it a whirl.

This is by far the best drugstore foundation I have tried - hands down. I do not like the feeling and look of having a lot of make-up on, but want to keep the t-zone mainly shine-free. This does the trick perfectly. I was also worried about breaking out as my skin is senstitive and no breakouts thus far. The consistency is light, blending is efortless, and the longevity of this is amazing. Usually you put on make-up indoors and when you step outside, you look totally different. Not so with this foundation. What you see is what you get. It's buildable, but I found only one pass looks best.

My only gripe is the packaging. A little goes a long way for me, but this could've been packaged in a pump for ease of use and hygenic reasons. It takes up so much space in my drawer. But, overall, GREAT buy and I would def. recommend. I purchased the Nude at Wal-Greens as they are having a BOGO 1/2 off right now.

I can see how this product got great reviews. It does make your skin look matte. Which I know us oily girls love that. This product it is just okay. I picked up Sand Beige. It did match my NC-25 skin. It made my skin look dull though. Not bragging, but my skin has always been really good. My cheeks are always clear. As soon as this product delivered the big zit I had on my cheek this morning. I said "where is that receipt." Yes it definately went back to the store today. So I will stick with my mixing of Sand Beige and Buff in oily/combination Colorstay. Don't know why I try other stuff. That combo works great on my skin.

I should start by saying I have never regularly worn foundation in my 40+ years. Partially because I have good skin, and partially because every foundation I have ever tried - even expensive ones applied by SAs - have made my skin look WORSE than it is. Every time I have tried foundation, I look in the mirror and am horrified that my skin looks dry and dead, has lost all of it's glow, and my fine lines look more pronounced.

So I have always stuck to either nothing or tinted moisturizer in the past. But I tried this stuff based on the reviews here and also because I feel like my skin is starting to look a little more uneven in tone as I get older. I am so impressed. This does what foundation should do - it looks like my skin, perfected. It doesn't look like I am wearing makeup like all other foundations I have tried, and it makes my fine lines look lessened, not more obvious. I love, love, love this. Been wearing it for a week in hot weather and it stays on. Haven't even used powder. No breakouts so far - I'll come back and update if that happens...and I'll cry too.

Natural Beige is a perfect match for my skin. I don't know my MAC "number" but my skin always fits in the "medium" category when "light, medium, or dark" are choices, and if the choice is "light/medium or medium/dark", the darker one always works better for me. Sorry I can't be more specific than that. Also, I have early 40s dry-to-normal skin, generally not prone to breakouts. The pot it comes in is pretty but it definitely is heavy if you were to carry this in your handbag and I'd prefer a pump. I'll live.

I will definitely purchase this again. I'm so pleased with how my skin looks and feels with this on.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I went to Walmart today and bought this foundation cream in Rich Ginger. I actually love this foundation because it made my face look natural and not cakey at all. I have very dry skin so I could feel it on my skin. If i didnt feel it..then there would be a problem. I NEED MOISTURE! Anyways the only thing I do not like about it is that it is a cool or neutral based and I have yellow undertone. When I put this on my face it made my face look dull and did not match my golden looking skin. I try to find Warm Golden but could not find it anywhere! Well in all I LOVE the foundation but it was not yellow undertone based. I tryed the Caramel but it made my face DARK! So Rich Ginger really was on the spot but not yellow undertone once again. I have NC43 skintone in MAC. So i hope this was helpful!! <(^-^<)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I loved the original colorstay foundation. I had switched to Neutrogena healthy skin. On a normal day by mid afternoon I would be oily and would have to blot, and touch up with powder. I liked it but I wasn't in love. I couldn't wait to pick this up and try it. I purchased this over 2 weeks ago, and im in love. I apply it with my fingers, although the packaging isn't the most sanitary. I do make sure to use clean fingers and try not to double dip. I haven't tried any other way to apply the product yet, but im thrilled with using my fingers now. This product gives amazing coverage, sometimes I don't even need concealer depending on the amount of redness on my skin. I have yet to have to retouch or blot oil yet since wearing this for over two weeks! The price is a little steep for drugstore foundation, but with coupons and sales you can get a deal. I will definitely keep repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to LOVE this product as I am always attracted to products that promise a longwear effect. I have oily skin, and with heat, it becomes even oiler! Haha..This product is not horrible, I just wouldn't repurchase. I have noticed that after a few hours it would wear off, specially since I use blotting sheets to help control the oil. It is not full coverage as many claim, definitely buildable, but the product is described as light to medium coverage! I don't feel this is a 24 hour wear foundation. My overall thought is I feel it leaves my skin oily, even after setting, I do believe it's a little overpriced, and maybe for those that don't have much of an oily skin it would be ok.