Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 6/12/2012 4:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a light feeling, medium coverage foundation. It's not going to cover major imperfections, but it does even out your skin tone and can cover minor things; you'll probably need still concealer if you have have a lot of acne scars (like me). It's really easy to apply and blend into the skin. I have heard others say that they found this foundation to be oily, but I have combination skin and sweat pretty easily and have not had a problem with this. I think it leaves a nice finish to the skin and as long as I'm not staying outside in the hot sun for long periods of time, I don't have to blot my skin. I did have this on when I went hiking this weekend and while I'm sure some of it went away, it didn't transfer too much when I wiped my forehead with my arm which is definitely a plus! Also, I really love the way the packaging looks, although I'm not sure how sanitary it is to always be dipping your fingers into it. I guess you just have to make sure you have clean hands before using it. I will definitely repurchase this foundation.

on 6/12/2012 12:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

If you live somewhere where the relative humidity rivals that of the temperature,you NEED this. This foundation has a little something for everyone-salicylic acid for the oily skinned,hyaluronic acid for the drier skinned among us (like me.) It has gotten beastly hot and muggy in Florida lately,and anything water based slides off in less than a minute.I found while trying this on yesterday that it just beaded rather than streaked,so that was a huge plus (this was in 95 F,by the way.) I love Colorstay,but up until now the liquid types have not worked well for me. This looks promising; I'm about NC 25 ish and wear Nude 200. I'm not entirely sure if this is the best color match, so if you review this foundation could you PLEASE indicate what shade you are and what universal shade you wear (i.e. MAC)? This helps so much when going to the drugstore as it is impossible to try it on in store here. Nude is VERY yellow based,so if you need a yellow based shade,great, if not,you know what to stay away from. As others have mentioned,a little goes a long way; I wish it came with a little spatula or something to scoop out the product. It can be sheered out and basically needs to be for good coverage. This doesn't feel as cakey as the regular CS, so others may like that feature. It claims to last up to 24 hours, but I don't want to try that out (I don't break out often,but am destined to if I don't wash my face at night.)
The least expensive you will this for is at Wal Mart for ~$10-$11; I had a coupon for $3 off Revlon at CVS and then got $4 Extra Bucks for that purchase-just FYI if you're trying to pinch pennies.

on 6/12/2012 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Oh my gosh, this one will be sold out everywhere! Another great new product from Revlon!

It's nice and light- like not wearing anything at all, yet it still manages to give good coverage. A little goes a long way, so it's a great buy for the money. I've been looking for something to wear in the humid south and this is perfect. Already a HG foundation for me (previous to this, MUF HD foundation was my fave). I'd prefer a pump bottle, but do like the fact that I can barely touch down my finger in the jar and that's enough to do my entire face (making application with my fingers nice and quick).

Now we need whipped Colorstay blushes and a whipped concealer Revlon ;)

on 6/12/2012 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Oh ma LAWD! I think I just found my HG foundation! I admit, I've been a snob and have always stuck with high-end foundations because I believed they were better quality than DS makeup. However, after my HE foundations being a miss for me I've been on a search for my new HG foundation and decided to look to DS foundations this time. Trust me, I've used MAC, Napoleon Perdis, Dior foundations.. but both Mac and Napoleon looked too cakey on me, while Dior Foreverskin didn't combine well with my already oily skin. It made me look even oilier and I didn't like how I could just FEEL it on my face (Dior DOES feel water-based.. so maybe that was a bad choice on my part but I heard it worked well with oily skin so go figure.). However, I've been reading how Revlon's whipped foundation has been controlling oilies, how it feels light on the skin, and how it doesn't transfer and let me tell you.. It DOES all that.

I wore my moisturizer, then Arbonne's makeup primer, then Cornsilk setting powder over it. I wore it for 3 hours (not really that long) but it held up really nicely as compared to the other HE foundations I've used in the past. I blotted once out of habit but the foundation didn't transfer onto the toilet paper! WOW! I'm so glad because I get embarrassed whenever I leave face marks on other people's clothing, especially my SO's! Usually when I blot with toilet paper or something you can see some marks from my foundation it on it. But with this? Nope. Hardly.

Like so many others, the only gripe I have with this product is the way it's packaged. C'mon now, Revlon! I know you tryna be all fancy with your packaging, and I must admit, it DOES look fancy but I'd rather take efficiency over fancy packaging any day! It was so damn (excuse my language) hard to find a match for my skincolor 'cause of the glare and thickness of the glass packaging! All the colors looked the same! When you open the jar, the color is a lot darker than what it looks like on the outside! I'm glad I only had to go through two jars to find my color for the summer, I can't imagine how many others people have had to go through. Next, I'm not crazy about sanitary purposes, but it is a little annoying to dip my finger in just to get some of it out. I find it a pump or a tube is more convenient because it's easier to distribute how much product you want. Lastly, there's not a lot of product.. it's mostly glass. For $10 - $13 I expect there to be more product but I love the foundation enough that that won't stop me from buying it. I really hope Revlon comes up with a better way to package the foundation or at least give us more samples to try other than just Nude.

Overall, I absolutely LOVE this foundation because it blends like a dream and it leaves a natural finish for me unlike many other foundations. It was neither too matte or too dewy. Since I have combination skin (dryness and oilyness in certain spots) please be aware that this DOES accentuate dry patches/flakies so don't forget to exfoliate and moisturize. :) I find that it does keep my oil under control really well for a pretty good amount of time and doesn't make me look overdone. This foundation does have Salicylic Acid so that is probably why it keeps the oil at bay. I'll update this after I wear it for a week to see how my skin reacts to it. Ladies, get this while you can!! I prefer using this over my HE products any day because it GETS the job done!

PS. Also, all my NC25 ladies! If you're having trouble deciding which shade to get, I would suggest either Buff (Light yellow shade), Warm Golden (If you're in between.. probably the safest decision to make and then you can decide whether you wanna go lighter or darker) or Natural Tan (which is the shade I'm in now since I'm getting tan.) I'm an NC25 in Mac and it was difficult choosing which shade to get, so hopefully this helps you when you're at the store. :)

on 6/11/2012 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Wow! Finally, transfer resistant foundation has come into it's own and in a big way. I always found these long wearing foundations tended to texturize the skin it sat atop. It wore forever, but never refined the skin in the same way non-transfer resistant (regular) foundations did. You know, dry,flaky skin appeared more so as did acne scars and pits. Pores never seemed as refined as regular foundations. Now we've got the best of both worlds: The refinement and finely ground pigments of regular foundations with the long wearing of transfer resistant, Finally!! It just might be the perfect foundation. Thank you Revlon. You'll make a killing on this. I just hope you've patented the formula.

on 6/11/2012 11:13:00 PM

Best drugstore foundation EVER! I couldn't use the regular CS foundation because it looked extremely cakey and it felt so heavy on my face. When I first bought this, I was kind of disappointed of the amount in the jar. But a little really goes a long way. This is the only drugstore foundation that doesn't make my dry skin look worse. Love!

on 6/11/2012 10:32:00 PM

Holy Grail! I never thought I would find the perfect foundation at the ds! I hated the original CS, too thick and it broke me out. This, however is perfection. It blends like a dream, stays put in the heat, leaves a satin finish, I have not broken out after 1 solid week of wear, and it has very classy packaging. Even my husband said my skin looked really pretty. Please Revlon never discontinue this!

on 6/11/2012 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the original Revlon Colorstay so when I started seeing reviews on this I had to try it. First off the jar is really nice and "fancy" I really like how it looks. It has a really gel like feel, like whipped cream and jello mixed. When I put it on I really did not have to use much at all! I was really shocked, a little goes a long way believe me! I had a little product left over on my hand when I was done. I got the shade 150 Buff which matches me pretty well just a little bit darker than the rest of me but once I get outside (since its summer!!) I will match and even if it gets lighter on me im sure some bronzer will fix that! It leaves a nice finish kind of dewy but powder fixes that if you dont like it. I have oily skin and did not set it with powder just so I could see how it held up on its own. I did not put much on but it did eventually dry matte but not as matte as the original Colorstay this has a very natural finish and looks great on camera. All in all I really love this foundation its much much better than the original and I am replacing this as my regular everyday foundation. I will be buying this again.

on 6/11/2012 5:01:00 PM

this product in its lightest shade was far too dark for me, and pulled orange on my skin. i wanted something that is easy for me to wear in the summer and heat.
i don't wear foundation normally mainly due to the fact i have not found a single one that fits my skin tone. this was a major miss.

on 6/11/2012 4:46:00 PM

I normally wear liquid Colorstay or Clarins Everlasting. I saw this at CVS and had to try it. I bought Early Tan because I have a slight tan and the color is perfect. You only need a tiny bit to cover your face completely and cover every flaw and even skin tone. It's more lightweight than regular CS and isn't as cakey. It controls oil and lasts all day. It's also easy to blend and feels like velvet going on. The darkest color is Early Tan (which isn't that dark), so if you have dark skin, you won't find a match. The shade range is very limited right now, but hopefully it will be expanded in the future. Love it!

Popular Crème Foundations