November 23, 2014 | 1143 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by MB12255

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use Revlon Colorstay regularly mixed with an illuminating lotion. I tried the Revlon Colorstay Whipped with lotion and without. I also tried it with primer and without primer. No matter how I tried to apply the foundation it felt and looked greasy and heavy. My skin looked so dull...no matter how much I contoured, highlighted or which powder I used to set it (I needed something to set it, otherwise my face looked greasy...and i dont have oily skin) My skin looked like I had makeup on...not what I want. The foundation made my fine lines around my eyes look terrible. I wanted so bad to like this foundation, however, it will be going back tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by desertmom4

Gonna keep this review quick ( hopefully) & to the point. First off, I am not a fan of d/s fndtns as I have never found one I liked. After getting suckered into the hype for this fndtn, I caved and bought it. I have worn it for 3 days straight ( long enough to render an opinion on it), all times w/ a primer, all times set w/ my MSFN, and sprayed w/ Fix +. Applied w/ RT stippling and buffer brush. I have normal, clear skin, and prefer a dewy look with long wear. Here goes the pros/cons:

Pros:

Good match ~ bought Natural Tan am NC35-40
Nice creamy texture
Loved the glass jar pckging ( felt elegant, perhaps I have Chanel on my mind).
Looked good initially
Didn't feel heavy on face

Cons:

light/ med coverage, bordering closer to light ( prefer more of a med coverage)
as day worn on started to fade making me look older ( according to DD)
semi-matte finish ( hoping for dewy like some other ppl said it gave them)
made face look flat/ one dimensional ( I do contour/ highlight daily)

All in all, this is going back 2morrow. I tried it, and even though it is one of the better d/s fndtns I have tried, I will stick to my beloved higher end fndtns that deliver.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by itsjenna007

Total shades: 12
Color I bought: 200 Sand Beige (3rd lightest)
Color reference: Mac: NW20-25, Photoready: Nude
Listed price: $13.97, I paid $10.97 w/ store coupon

The packing looks nice but could have been made smaller. I do not like how the ad shows the foundation all the way up to the rim when it does not fill the jar like that. I did not like the original colorstay since it felt heavy and broke me out. This one however does not break me out and personally does not feel heavy. My skin is normal to dry but I exfoliate so I do not have dry patches or flakiness. However since my skin is more on the dry side, I find that I do not need to apply powder over this. Also later I do not need to blot my forehead but do have to do this with other foundations. It applies very easily and I don't have to use very much. A while after applying it does feel a tad sticky but later in the day I notice this feeling is completely gone. I wore it for over 12 hours and it still looks good.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by KananiLyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After reading so many good reviews I bought this foundation thinking I was going to like it, but I didn't like it at all. First of all, I didn't like how it felt on my skin. Since I don't like to cake my face with foundation I only applied a thin layer of it, but it felt so thick and made my face feel almost sticky. I like to have a dewy finish, but this just made my face look really oily. After about two hours my face felt so gross that I just had to wash it off. The other thing is that it didn't match my skin tone. I got Buff, but it was a little too dark and if I had gotten Ivory it wouldn't have matched either because it has pink undertones. Overall I didn't like the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! It makes my skin look really good even though I have some old acne scaring. It didn't feel heavy on my face and it lasted a good amount of time. I don't have oily skin and I didn't use a primer with this. Sometimes primers dry my skin out (weird I know). I am really impressed with this foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Now this was a surprise!

I saw this in the Rite Aide but blew it off because it was
a cream base, and with summer coming on, the last thing
I need is a cream based foundation.

Wrong.

Altho this is a cream... it's really like a gel.
It applies like a dream;
Coverage is good, not masky.
It feels weightless,
and it lasts.
Sure there was oil breakthru after 4-5 hours of a long day,
but that's why there are blotting tissues.

What gets me is that I spent good money on the
new Clinique Matte foundation
(which is similar),
but with this Revlon, you get at least 3 times the
amount of product for much less $$.

go figure.
This is a keeper.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by mbtmom2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this in an effort to replace my beloved ColorStay Active Light in Buff. For reference, I am a NW15-20 in MAC. Unfortunately, this did not work for me at all. I really wanted to love it as the coverage is what I am looking for in foundation. I have dry skin and this seemed to be mask-like and heavy even using the BeautyBlender. Plus, it oxidized on me mid-day which is very unusual for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by TheScienceOfChic

I’ve been wearing this foundation since about 8am (it’s now 12am so It’s been on for far more time than I would normally wear it) and I would have to say that it had completely worn off by about 7 pm which gives me about 11 hours of wear on a balmy and somewhat warm day. It also evened out my skin tone quite a bit. Not bad.

Now let’s get to the bad:

The sides of my nose were literally FLAKING within an hour of application (and this is with a primer and a setting spray)
My forehead, nose, the inner half of my cheeks, my temples, and my chin felt like they had a dry mud masque on them even though I took special care to evenly apply and blend in a thin layer of product.
I had large amounts of product settle into my under eye creases within 5 minutes
My under eye area looked atrocious! It had a very dry and cake-y appearance.
My dry spots were made into full on deserts and this formula clung to blemishes accentuating them further.
Although the packaging is sturdy, it has a really large opening and it also has no way or removing the product in a sanitary fashion meaning that this can easily harbor bacteria.

I really don’t like this product. Thank God I saved the receipt because I am returning this tomorrow.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAngel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not sure if this foundation is good for oily skin as I have tried it, but it doesn't do well to stay on for hours so I returned it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by arienette9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about two weeks and I love it. I'm a NW20 and I got it in Sand Beige. It's a pretty good match, sometimes I feel that it's a little too warm for me. The coverage is great, it covers up most of my acne scars and small spots. It wears well I work 9 hour shifts and at the end of the day it has faded a little, but there is no oxidation or complete melt off like some other foundations. It blends really well, I use my fingers to apply and then use a damp beauty blender to sheer it out a bit, and I get a lovely non-cakey finish. I'm so happy I found this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No