October 30, 2014 | 1636 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2004 9:32:00 AM More reviews by babydee

i bought this reading the great reviews...the packaging sucks cuz it gets everywhere, and i got little red bumps all over my face the day i used it. It does turn matte and u don't look oily, but at the end of the day i was broken out in places i never break out. Won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2004 5:45:00 PM More reviews by yoshipeach

I originally bought this for my face. It didn't do much to purify my pores but it didn't break me out either. I gave up on it and it was sitting under my sink for months, but then I decided I would try adding it to my shampoo and see how it worked on my hair. I think this stuff is making my hair grow faster. It's grown like 2 inches this month. My hair also is a lot shinier and healthier. I will definitely keep using it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2004 9:32:00 PM More reviews by imaladybug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this primarily as a cuticle oil. On occasion, I put just a tiny bit in my hair to condition it & give it a piecey look at the ends. An inexpensive, versatile product to have on hand. (Got a good deal @ Trader Joe's.)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2004 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Amy0207

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The jojoba oil is definily good for dry skin or flaky patches. I put this overnight and when i wake up in the morning the flaky around my cheeks looks very smooth and hydra. The only problem i have is i have 1 or 2 red bump after i used the oil. They are not pimples and it's not growing it just stay there its going away slowly. My skin usually don't breakout except for the time of the month. I have small pores and dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2004 12:55:00 PM More reviews by jeenathee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the NOW brand of this, and I bought it back in January. I've waited to review it because I wanted to give it time to prove or disprove itself. I'm happy to say that this oil lives up to all the hype. I regularly use it to remove traces of eye makeup. I use it as an eye moisturizer. I mix it with Oil of Olay in my hand to make an effective winter moisturizer that makes my skin rosy and dewy. If it feels the least bit too slick, I just press off some of the moisture with a tissue, and I'm good to go. Even with my normal/oily skin, I've used moisturizers that I had to layer on repeatedly to try to overcome flaky spots, but this oil smooths everything over. Most surprisingly is that for the past few days, I have been washing my face about five times a day (!) because I've been experimenting with new foundations and powders, and my skin could have very easily ended up dry, irritated, and abused, especially since I use Neutrogena Cleanser/Mask at least once a day. But my skin is clear, healthy, and moist, and it hasn't freaked out on me yet. Very, very happy. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2004 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A great product you can pick up at Trader Joe's. My scalp get really dry and itchy sometimes since I live in such a dry climate. I like to use this to massage into my scalp. Also, since this is 100% pure jojoba, I don't have to worry if I get some on my face. It is good for your skin! I use this every once in a while as a moisturizer for my face also.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2004 1:16:00 PM More reviews by sugarfree00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok... I don't use it for moisturizer but for deep cleansing. It removes all the make-up and dirts. I use Cetaphyl gentle cleanser afterward. Believe it or not it actually clears up my skin. Highly Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2004 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Joey_is_Me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought myself a small bottle of pure jojoba oil. I have been using it as a moisturizer for the last 2 days and it is amazing! I have dry skin! I basically just wash my face, then use 2-4 drops on my palm, rub my palms together and pat my face. It doesn't feel greasy or oily, it sinks right in. Apparently even people who have oily skin can use this stuff, because it is similar to the natural oil your skin produces anyway. So it won't break you out.

I also tried using it under my makeup. Same procedure at night, while I let it sink in I get dressed. I even put some on my under eye area instead of my eye gel. My foundation went on smoother and my concealer did not cake at all!

I love this stuff! My skin is extremely soft! It's cheap too!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2004 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Sprite78

I was so hoping that this would be the perfect moisturizer for my dry, yet acne-prone skin. Sadly it was not. It broke me out bad! And strangley enough the dry areas of my face seemed to get drier. I will not use this on my face again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2004 4:16:00 AM More reviews by playsomevinyl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

jojoba oil is the best stuff on earth! it truly is beauty's little known secret. if you have dry, flakey skin, this may solve your problem. paying outrageous prices for moisturizers loaded w/ a ton of preservatives is a waste. 90% of the ingredients can't even be deciphered. jojoba oil has saved my skin since i started w/ retin-a treatments.