Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So, I really wanted the most basic, rich moisturizer I could find. Bought a big tub of this at Costco with high hopes. It caused tiny, skin-colored bumps all over my face, in areas where I usually do not get break-outs (temples, bridge of nose). So, will not be using this anymore, and the hunt continues for a good rich cream w/out fancy schmancy ingredients.

Great stuff. I have combination skin with oily T-zone and dry patches on my cheeks and chin, with lots of flakes due to Retin-A and avid BHA and BP use. In other words, my skin is a nightmare. I love my St.Ives Oil Free Moisturizer, but I needed heavy-duty moisturizer for my dry spots and flakes. This does the job perfectly, and thankfully does not cause breakouts on my excruciatingly sensitive acne-prone skin. My only complaint is that it sits on my skin for a LONG time before drying up or absorbing completely, which can be kind of a pain in the ass when I'm applying powder foundation (which changes color when my skin is moist). Oh, and it would be perfect if it had SPF 15 or greater. But I'll make do...this is definitely my after-sunset moisturizer of choice.

on 3/21/2004 10:03:00 PM

the cheapest, best moisturizer on the planet. since i started using cetaphil, my skin has looked bright and beautiful. it has never been calmer and clearer. at 10 dollars for a giant tub, i am sold!

on 3/19/2004 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

this creme has saved me from tight, dry, flaky skin! i use it on my face and body in the winter and it's the only thing that will keep my skin hydrated all day. it runs around $10-11 for a giant tub that has lasted me two winters. please note: cetaphil also makes a LOTION that is totally different than the CREME. The lotion is sold in a pump and is ten times lighter than the creme - so check the labels when you are purchasing.

on 3/10/2004 3:16:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I wasn't sure whether to review this under face care or body care, so I guess I'll try here. I can definitely see this as a staple in my medicine cabinet. No, I wouldn't use this all over my face (normal-combo skin here), but I do use it for dry patches on my skin in the winter and for any other generic dry patches (face or body). It's 100% fragrance-free, not just "fragrance-free" w/ a weird chemical smell, and hasn't irritated my skin at all (though I don't have very sensitive skin). It's a bit thick for my tastes to use as a body cream, but a little tube of the stuff will be present in the bathroom from now on. I also use this on my lips under balms w/ nice results.

on 3/5/2004 12:11:00 AM

My dermatologist recommended this for my dry skin. It works fabulous for dry to very dry skin. You need to use it in very small amounts otherwise it'll be too much and get too greasy.

I would buy this again when I run out, but I'd need a lighter moisturizer for the summer time due to my combination skin.

on 3/2/2004 1:27:00 PM

This cream managed to get rid of my dry, flaky, winter skin, but it made me break out horribly. Three weeks later, I'm still recovering. It's also pretty greasy and feels like it just sits on top of my face, rather than absorbing. I think all of the above may be because it contains petrolatum.

The only thing I really liked about it is the sanitary tube that it comes in.

I don't think I would purchase this product again.

on 2/29/2004 6:49:00 PM

There is a big difference when you this moisturizer compared to others it helps so much with sensitive skin. I suffer from occassional eczema flare ups. This is the only cream I can use on my face and body without having to worry about breaking me out or irritating my skin more. It is the best on the market

on 2/29/2004 1:23:00 AM

Works well in small amounts, esp after washing my face. The lotion is a little thick and a little greasy though, so I only reccomend it for really dry skin and not everyday use

on 2/26/2004 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My acne-prone skin likes this...at least for the winter. It doesn't clog my pores and it smooth my skin overnight. I had lots of bumps for not using moisturizer for a while (afraid of new breakouts) but after trying it on my back and it seemed to be safe, I gave it a shot. OMG. Good stuff.