Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 3/2/2004 1:27:00 PM

This cream managed to get rid of my dry, flaky, winter skin, but it made me break out horribly. Three weeks later, I'm still recovering. It's also pretty greasy and feels like it just sits on top of my face, rather than absorbing. I think all of the above may be because it contains petrolatum.

The only thing I really liked about it is the sanitary tube that it comes in.

I don't think I would purchase this product again.

on 2/29/2004 6:49:00 PM

There is a big difference when you this moisturizer compared to others it helps so much with sensitive skin. I suffer from occassional eczema flare ups. This is the only cream I can use on my face and body without having to worry about breaking me out or irritating my skin more. It is the best on the market

on 2/29/2004 1:23:00 AM

Works well in small amounts, esp after washing my face. The lotion is a little thick and a little greasy though, so I only reccomend it for really dry skin and not everyday use

on 2/26/2004 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My acne-prone skin likes this...at least for the winter. It doesn't clog my pores and it smooth my skin overnight. I had lots of bumps for not using moisturizer for a while (afraid of new breakouts) but after trying it on my back and it seemed to be safe, I gave it a shot. OMG. Good stuff.

on 2/25/2004 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love this. i put off trying it for a long time because i dont like the cetaphil cleansers. but i finally tried the cream and i love it. i have very oily skin thats acne prone and this stuff is great. i only need very little of it to moisturize though...too much of it makes my face a little shiny.

on 2/22/2004 12:13:00 PM

The product itself is fantastic! If it had sunscreen (yes..I know cetaphil makes another lotion w/sunscreen!) and if it was in a tube instead of a jar it would be perfect. If you are lloking for basic, non-irritating moisture -- this is it. It is NOT an anti-aging or exfoliating product in any way (i.e no retinol or aha's, bha's etc. )

on 2/20/2004 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'll preface this by saying I'm unusually sensitive. That said, I tried this last night as I'm trying to find an economical, rich moisturizer. I could tell my face was starting to react last night, but I thought I would give it overnight to see what would happen. Sure enough, my face was red and puffy in the morning. I gave it a two because even though I'm red and puffy, I'm not horribly itchy (which would result in a one). UPDATE: I don't know what I was going through at the time of my initial review, but I've tried using this again and have not had the same response. I wonder if perhaps I just got a bad tube?

on 2/15/2004 7:34:00 PM

I use this cream on my face when I am not going to use a foundation. I use it over the lotion of the same company if I want extra moisture. I don't think it is as nice under foundation as other products, but is a wonder for moisturizing and purity. No irritation. Not for the eye area. Excellent buy for the money.

on 2/4/2004 1:16:00 AM

love this cream. use it on my face and body. i bought the tube for my face (6.99) and the jar for my body (13.99). Although in the summer it is a bit too moisturizing,it is perfect for winter. it even reduced my blemishes a bit!! made my skin OH SO smooth. AND it gave me a healthy glow. everyone should go out and purchase. no allergic reaction to it. wonderful.

on 2/2/2004 4:13:00 PM

My dry skin has really been suffering this winter and this godsend of a cream (in a handy tube) has really saved me. Good stuff!