April 20, 2014 | 1842 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Colour: I'm NC25-30 (more on the lighter side of NC30), MUFE HD 120, & DiorSkin Nude 023 and was colour matched to Fiji. During the summer, I was on the darker side of NC30 and was in b/w Fiji & Punjab. I have neutral undertones so both colours do not really suit me. Fiji is really yellow and Punjab is really golden. Even now, I'm forcing myself to use Fiji.

Photographs/Videos: In photographs, no matter what colour foundation I use with this line, my face always comes out whiter. But in videos, this foundation makes my skin look flawless and I have active acne and pigmentation.

Coverage: medium-full end. It can cover my pigmentation from acne. This foundation can look very cakey. Each time I wore it, even a thin layer, will look like there is foundation on my skin.

Texture: very heavy feeling on the skin when compared to foundations like MUFE HD, Guerlain Aqua, DiorSkin Nude, etc..You know there is foundation on your skin. Now this isn't as heavy feeling as NARS Sheer Matte. It is not transfer resistant so you can take your hand and wipe it on your face and have foundation all over your hand.

Application: I used both my Sephora #55 brush, MAC 190, MAC 187, MAC 109, and my fingertips to apply this foundation. Seems like no brush will work. You need to use your fingers.

Price: Purchased at Sephora for $55CAD. Will be making a return.

Reaction: After wearing it for a few days, I started noticing this foundation was causing a lot of clogged pores which ultimately led to breakouts. Definitely not friendly to those with super sensitive acne prone skin.

Finish: As others have mentioned it is not sheer not does it give a glow. It will give a glow by the end of the day when your oils seep through. But it isn't as dewey as DiorSkin Nude or Studio Sculpt. Very one dimensional and matte looking. But by the end of the day, there are chances that you might look like a greaseball.

Packaging: comes in a bottle with a cap and lid. Does not come with a pump as others have mentioned.

Overall not the best foundation that I've tried and will continue my search for a liquid foundation that does not break me out. This foundation is better than Sheer Matte. Please check out my review for that if you are interested.

Just a side note, Sheer Glow colours run lighter than Sheer Matte colours even though they are under the same name.

Note: even though Sephora sells all colours of this product on their website, their Toronto (Ontario) stores do not have the colour "Ceylan." I've checked. They don't even have a placement for it.

12 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation when it first came out last year and I had mixed emotions about it. I use Gobi which is perfect for my NC15 skin. The product can be esily blended with fingers and has a nice coverage (medium) without looking cakey. Whilst not perfect it is very good and imparts a nice and natural glow. It does not last all day (after max 6 hours it is completely gone). Not cheap at 29 - especially considering it has no pump. I like the colour, but it is too dry for my skin in winter. It works in the summer though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by lingciousss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

ok first off, this doesn't cover anything. i don't get why some say the coverage is great. it is buildable but this does NOT cover! its really sheer, even mac's select tint and stila's tm covers better. that said the finish is nice on good skin days, if you have any darkness, capilleries and such to cover, this isn't gonna cut it. this is great to even out good skin though, for the price, many foundations and tm's does this at a better price, and packaging!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I had hopes for this foundation, but found it lacking. I'm an NC30 who finally settled on Santa Fe - the match wasn't perfect, but it worked. Yet the finish of this was really obvious on me, when the point of sheer foundation is to look natural, and a little streaky no matter how well I blended. As for the sheerness, I've had tinted moisturizers that covered better than this. I looked both shiny and tired while I was wearing this and that's with my skin in pretty decent shape. I wound up getting the effect I wanted from Diorskin Nude so I won't use this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by thememorymotel

Love, love LOVE this foundation. Its light but buildable and its a lovely texture. I love the feel of it on my skin, it feels like I am wearing nothing.

One of the best foundations i have ever used.

I however gave it one less star because I HATE its packaging, it needs a pump! luckily i managed to ask one of the mecca girls for a pump from an old bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by h3yh3y

The foundation has a wonderful selection of colors. I am very fair with cool undertones and siberia was perfect for me. The foundation really does a great job at covering redness but not masking my face like other foundations can do like revlon colorstay. This foundation is very easy to apply and looks great with using my fingers or my 187. The lasting power is good too as long as you set it with powder. I have used make up forever's hd foundation and like this a little more because of the satin finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Shahleena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had overall heard very good reviews about this product and i thought it was about time that i got out of my'safe' foundation brand i.e. MAC and branch out and try something new. I am for reference a MAC NC40/42. Now i went to the NARS counter at Liberty and they matched me to Barcelona. TBH the light wasnt that great in there (very yellow) and therefore i thought that i would rely on the expertise of the makeup artists. I bought the product and went home a happy bunny. The next day i wore it all over my face for the first time. Immediately i loved the lightweight consistency, the fluid way it easily applies to the face and the feeling of it almost not existing on the skin. My Studip Fix fluid you can definetely 'feel' on the skin when you first apply it. I also loved the coverage it gave, it covered all my blemishes without the need to pile loads of the stuff on. Basically, i immedately fell in love with this product and swore down there and then that this was my HG forever more. I got to work and straight away my colleague said to me "oh you're looking a bit pale today"....Cue me running to the loo to check out my face and lo and behold i could see in the harsh lights of our office toilets that it was indeed a tad light and i looked a little ghostly...! I immedately went back to the counter to complain that i hadnt been matched properly - cue grumpy MA giving me some talk about "we cant exchange..." and "you should have made sure you checked the colour properly before you left..." - yes in the yellow light with the testing done on my jaw not taking into account some people have varying shades on their face (like moi!). So i went into my rant about it being the first time i had bought something from NARS (which it was) and if this is their customer service i shall not be returning and i have a full bottle of foundation i cannot use. That seemed to work and this time she matched me AGAIN. And the colour she exchanged me with was the next shade up, Syracuse. I went home again, applied it all over and my mother told me i looked orange - like id been tangoed! I gave up there and then. Looks like if you are a MAC NC40/42 there is no shade in this range that will match your skintone. Shame really, as i really loved the foundation :-(

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I got a sample of this from Sephora and my color is Medium 1, Punjab. This foundation is really great, but not my HG. It evens out my skin tone, hides redness around my nose and lightens up my dark acne scarings. The coverage is alright& it is buildable and blendable. However, it does accentuate some dry areas on my forehead, but that's no big deal for me. This foundation really lets my skin shine through (sheer), and it is very light weight. The staying power is alright, though I needed to touch up once throughout the day. The price is pricey, however I think it's quite worth it. The packaging is...not my favorite part. I wish it came with a pump instead of having to pour the foundation out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by zoeykim18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This provides medium buildable coverage. It has a satin finish that is very skin-like and natural looking. It has a very liquidy consistency and it feels light on the skin. The formula dries pretty quickly so you have to blend fairly fast. The main reason I like this is because Ceylan is the most perfect colour match I have found for my skin thus far (Korean, NC20/25). I dislike the packaging that is unhygenic and hard to control how much that is dispensed. I would not recommend this for dry skintypes (even though that is who it's marketed for) because it accentuates dry skin patches and I find the formula to be drying also. I find this works best with a water-based primer/moisturizer since it is a water-based foundation.

UPDATE/EDIT: Adding a lippie because the more I wear this the more I love it. And the more I try out other foundations, the more I realize that in comparison how much better this is. Also, too add, if u have normal skin u probablly don't need a finishing powder with this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Miissoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't even like liquid foundations, but this one from NARS has changed my opinion. It is literally weightless on. I have very dry skin, so its important to MOISTURIZE WELL before applying this, that is key. The color selection is excellent, Mont Blanc is a perfect match for me (the NARS website carries more shades than Sephora does.)
I love the finish, it's more satiny than glowy, but it does allow light to be reflected off of my cheekbones, so I like that effect. The coverage is medium, if you have problem skin you will need a concealer. I have avoided liquid foundations for the longest time because they often feel mask-like and I don't like fake-looking skin, but NARS sheer glow just filters out the imperfections in my complexion, so it's exactly what I need.
When you apply this, it dries really quickly, so definitely just use your fingers to dot it on the face, and then blend it out quickly. You only need a tiny bit of product. It's so easy and quick to apply, no need for other tools.
It lasts all day, and even through nights of partying, so considering how light the foundation feels when you put it on, I don't think I could ask for more.
My skin is very sensitive to many foundations and powders, but this does not irritate or break me out at all. I will definitely repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No