April 17, 2014 | 1842 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2010 7:41:00 AM More reviews by knicks

In general, I think this is an okay foundation. It evens out the skintone and it produce a radiant glow. The MUA matched me a colour too dark where i look slightly orange. Now, it is too late to exchange so it is now just sitting on my shelf. Im just hoping that i will be able to use it when im tan in the summer. My only issue with this foundation is that it doesn't provide enough coverage for my acne scarring and will still need to use concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Clittzen

I can definitely say the price is worth it for the product. After scrambling around using many different kinds of foundation (MAC, Chanel, you name it), I am in love with MUF HD. It is the best foundation I have EVER used. I waited a few weeks of using it to make sure I was going to post an honest review, even though I loved it the first day. It matches my skin tone perfectly, which is hard because I have very very light skin. It doesn't make my skin oily, or dry it out. I don't break out with it and it stays on all day, which I need since I am in a hospital setting running around.

I love this foundation and will be buying again. I do need to use a moisturizer with the foundation so it applies smoother and looks cleaner, but it actually enhances the foundation. I use the Chanel Kabuki to apply it which does an amazing job, and I set it with Chanel Poudre Cristalline.

I never get oily spots after a few hours either like I did with MAC's Studio Fix, I don't even need to re-set my foundation throughout the day it just stays looking great!

The colour I use is 117, I used to have to go in between Gentle Ivory with Chanel and NC15 for MAC. Neither one matched my skin tone. MAC is too orange and cakey, Chanel didnt stay long enough and had a yellow tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by OliviaImage

I am a professional makeup artist specializing in beauty makeup and this is one of my must haves for bridal and beauty.
The colors are perfect and easily mixed with other shades to get almost every skin tone.
Best part is that when applied correctly, it is invisible to the naked eye and on camera.
You do need to shake the product because it's a silicone based product. Some expressed here how it was cakey and I'm pretty sure it wasn't applied correctly.

Another way to reduce cakiness of any foundation including this one is to exfoliate the skin and have a good hydrated base THEN a moisturizer to seal it in. To help it last even longer, you then can use a primer ontop.

Skin work is 40% of the makeup application itself so taking care of your skin is a must.

I actually bought this like because it is the least cakey foundation that gives this much coverage. You can stare at your skin very close in the mirror (some of my clients do this) and find the least amount of makeup that shows up visually to the eye with this foundation that gives that much coverage (tinted moisturizers don't count!)

Best part about it us that it is not necessary to powder after the application in which most foundations require you to keep a dull satin finish for hd. Once applied and dried it already gives the finish with having to add on and cake another layer of powder on.

Many photographers love how my skin shows up in camera because it's dull satin matte finish!

For personal use I only want to use this foundation and even without primer in my t-zone, it doesn't end up melting and disappearing or overly shiny after a hard working 8 hr day.

I did this bride http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs465.ash2/73873_457224609839_124235374839_5310871_1506153_n.jpg with MUFE HD and she had a lot of discoloration, a lot of breakouts and you can see how unnoticeable the breakouts are in natural light. This photo isn't edited either. I applied it with a damp sponge in a dabbing motion, then blended the edges nicely so there's no line of demarcation.

If you can't see the picture, you can go to my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Olivia-Image-Makeup-Artist-and-Hair-Toronto-Area/124235374839 and then go under weddings.

I hope this review helps you and feel free to message me if you have any questions about this product!

35 out of 39 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by candyjanney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

FINALLY! I have found a brand of liquid foundation that works on my skin! I'm usually a powder foundation girl but it looks like I've switched. On a whim I decided to try Make Up Forever liquid foundations in Face & Body and HD and WOW! Both look SO AMAZING on my skin! I've never in my 29 years ave found a liquid foundation that looked natural on my skin. I hate to sound vain but after applying this stuff I've found myself just staring at how amazing, flawless and natural my skin looks! It's a very expensive brand but for me it's worth it. Both bottles are beautifully packaged and look like they'll last a good long while. Face & Body is a little more sheer than HD but I can layer without any issues. I highly recommend you girls at least try it!

I'm shade 117 in HD and 38 in Face & Body and both seem to look amazing even tho 38 is a little bit pinker. The primer I used with them is Make Up Forever's HD Primer in the pink shade. I applied both foundations with a stippling brush, a flat foundation brush, and a sponge, and I got a flawless look every time!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Ambush

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this makeup. I apply it with fingers. I was told to use a stipple brush ($$$). Stays on well, doesn't change color or get greasy throughout the day. I was using with primer at first. The silicones in the primer made me breakout with little bumps. Got rid of the primer and the makeup is fine. You have to be light handed when applying or it will look cakey. It really evens out my sometimes red, splotchy skin tone and hides little veins. A little goes a long way so it lasts. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by sinderella9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on a foundation run, trying to choose between MUFE HD and Nars Sheer Glow... I picked this because it was less oily and had more coverage, but now, I've fallen out of love. The finish is really FLAT to me. And when I try to build it up, it gets caky and gross-looking. Don't get me wrong, this is a great foundation, better than drugstore ones... it feel very light on your skin and if applied with care, it looks natural. But the lasting power ain't all that great. Also, I like a more yellow tone to my face and this makes me come off pink. :( I regret not getting Nars sheer glow!

Nonetheless, it's NICE. But... not worth the 40$. I think I'll get the new MAC prolong wear foundation... it's cheaper, too! >__<

But honestly, my skin isn't that bad. It's actually pretty good. So when I applied this foundation at first, i expected a WOW difference but... I didn't look very different. That might be why I'm not too in love with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by erinap

I LOVE This foundation. It is PERFECT on my skin. Best part is I purchased the wrong shade and was able to return it and get a replacement FREE. I have acne and this covers it without making my face feel cakey and gross. I also use the Bare Minerals Primer and FX loose powder to set it.

MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation

Bare Escentuals Prime Time Foundation Primer Oil Control

Cover FX Setting FX Translucent Setting Powder

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by lgr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

for AGING skin which I now unfortunately have, this makeup is fabulous! I used to use Laura Mercier cream cover but it LOOKS like I'm wearing makeup. I also recently tried Estee Lauder's Double Wear but although it covered well and wouldn't budge, it was too drying. I'm so happy to finally find a makeup that makes my skin GLOW and look natural!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by seizingthelight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros: coverage is buildable, not cakey, does not break me out, stays true to the color and does not turn orange over time, long-lasting
Cons: expensive

I have not tried many foundation but this comes pretty close to perfection for me. The coverage can be light to heavy, depending on how much you apply. I use a foundation brush to apply and it goes on smoothly. Lasts for a good part of the day and does not break me out. I have oily skin and the color stays true all day, does not turn orange. It's costly but if you're like me who does not wear foundation every day, it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by ncolnuguid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation is amazing <3 I am about an NC40 at mac and the color match on this is flawless. I use my own primer instead of the MUFE one because it makes me break out. i apply the foundation on my hand first then use a foundation brush to apply it on my face. It gives great coverage and lasts all day. I find it to be a bit pricey but worth it. I would totally buy this product again