April 23, 2014 | 924 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Angel

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2005 2:23:00 PM More reviews by SVartabedian

Angel is truly a one of a kind fragrance- hence people either love it or hate it.
I love it. It may be popular, but i don't care. It's not popular smelling so I feel unique when I wear it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2005 6:15:00 AM More reviews by rocketqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a love/hate perfume and I certainly don't love it, at least not on me. Angel is the absolutely worst perfume I've ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 12:50:00 PM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Revisiting this perfume again from 2001. Here is my review from then and it still holds true. Angel is one of the classics of fragrances! ---This is a classic scent in my book. This is a unique and rare scent, only someone daring can wear this. It is a deep sweet powdery scent with some like [armpit] scent splashed in there [Ha Ha] to give it major sex appeal. All you need is *one* spray and it lingers on you. It envelops a cloud of scent around that molds to you. That kind of quality is rare and hard to find. I used to wear this back in 1998 after I purchased this in France. I actually didn't like wearing it too much at the time because it attracts a lot of attention. This is a definite LOVE or HATE fragrance - it's extreme.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2005 7:27:00 PM More reviews by perfumefanatic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Smells like a Terrys Chocolate Orange! You know, the kind you get at XMas and you slam it on the table and it breaks up into segments that look like an orange?

Acutally, not a bad fragrance, but I find it hard to see what the fuss is all about, when there are great frags out there very similar to this one (Youth Dew, for one) that are good and much, much less expensive. I gave it a 3 for the cute star packaging.

Edit: I'm changing this to three stars. Its rather nice upon the drydown, when the fruity florals gives way to the patchouli. More than a passing resemblance to Nirmala (vintage formula), but with more patchouli, which in my book is a good thing. Would buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2005 10:42:00 AM More reviews by peach_baby

evry1 says this is sweet but i just think it smells odd! its really strong and reminds me of grannys! but the star bottle is really pretty

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2005 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Kittenkf21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this stuff is gross... I dont see why anyone would wanna smell like this. Its too sugary and just has this odd plastic smell to it. I was given a sample spray on paper, sniffed it and tossed it in the trash. This stuff is instant headache. Ughh..

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2005 2:35:00 AM More reviews by bethjaneway

I absolutely love the smell of this but no one else can stand it on me. First smelled it on a woman in a grocery store and had to ask her what it was. And I'm not really into perfume. No stores within 120 minutes of me carried Angel, and so finally I HAD to buy some online. To me it's almost intoxicating. Maybe it's something weird about my nose, but to me it smells like pine with mango undertones. The only way I get away with wearing it under normal circumstances is to use the "Celestial Showers" shower gel. This is much less powerful, especially since you wash it off. I don't get complaints when I use the shower gel, since I'm about the only one who can smell it. Seeing as I'm the only one around who ~wants~ to smell it....it works. The sparkley body powder is also nice, but the fragrance is so weak even I can't smell it after I put it on. Angel Innocent just doesn't cut it, either, it's also too strong for me and I don't even like the smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2005 10:22:00 PM More reviews by greeneyed07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with LadyGrey, the stuff just doesn't smell good on anyone. A co-worker sprayed some on my wrist [and it got on my duster] saying it was her favorite. My initial reaction: nasty and not sexy at all; my reaction hours later: nauseating, headache enduring chocolate smell; my reaction the next morning when I put my duster back on: 'what is that smell' with a sour face searching until I found the culprit....it was me. Fortunately it isn't popular where I live so I don't have to fight off the Angel lovers. I like the star bottle even though I found it hard to spray but who cares when the scent smells this bad and is way over priced. UPDATE(9/12/05): I'm adding a lip because it isn't vomit inducing like I originally thought(maybe it's due to the Angel loveing co-worker resigning). I still think it's overpriced and I still choose Wish by Chopard over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2005 6:19:00 PM More reviews by xdegenerate

i personally love this fragrance. i good friend of mine gave me a sample a long time ago and i've been hooked ever since. strong, yes, but there are ways to tone it down (i.e. a dab of body cream or spraying mist away from you). i feel like it suits me but i guess i can see where it might not work for everyone. fragrance is somewhat subjective i guess

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2005 11:03:00 AM More reviews by LadyGrey

This smells bad. And no, it's not just my body chemistry- trust me, it smells bad on you, too. I know, because I've smelled it on you - on the bus, at the movies, all over Paris (why? why?), in the street.

The only explanation I can come up with is not the typical 'body chemistry' explanation (where it smells good ON some and not on others) but my own personal theory of 'nose chemistry' - where it smells good TO some people and utterly gut wrenchingly awful to the others. You can guess which camp I fall in.

In short: are you wearing Angel? Go and wash it off, please. If you refuse, and I catch you, I'll confiscate your entire perfume collection and force you to wear Giorgio Beverly Hills until you see sense and beg for mercy. You have been warned.