October 31, 2014 | 1630 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Angel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2005 10:24:00 AM More reviews by lipstik

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I first smelled this in the store a few years back and didn't think much of it, probably because I made the mistake of just picking up the bottle and smelling it without actually spraying it on myself. Then, a couple of years ago a sweet MUA'er sent me a deluxe spray sample of Angel as a swap extra. It kind of leaked all over my hand when I sprayed it and I didn't like it at all because it was really too strong and seemed to last forever. But last year, a co-worker and I went to a function and she wore this and it smelled so good on her that I had to ask what it was. It was her signature scent Angel and that's all she ever wears outside of work. She had it with her so she had me try it (and whenever I apply fragrance I spray the air and walk into it). OMG! This was amazing. And I'm into clean, warm musks like Egyptian Musk so I'm surprised this sweet fragrance works for me. But then again, there are slightly musky warm notes like vanilla in it. When I got home that night and hugged my man, he said, "Mmmmmm...you smell good. Is that a new perfume?" 'Nuff said.

*Note: It makes a HUGE difference if you spray the air and walk into it. I can see how this would be way too strong and cloying when sprayed directly on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2005 1:44:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I adore this. Very powerful tool for women. No other scent gets this type of reaction. A tiny bit separates the men from the boys. Boys run. Men flock and fall to their knees. For strategic use only.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2005 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Charlambe

I have smelled this on some people and thought it was nice. But its nasty on me. I sprayed a little and I couldn't get the smell off for days. I just did not like this sent its too strong for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2005 10:13:00 PM More reviews by malishka31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this parfume. i can totally see why someone would hate it as it is an aquired smell. Its somewhat cinnamony and spicey and sweet and chocolatey and some patoulie.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2005 3:01:00 PM More reviews by thinktwicegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this, and HATED it! I soooo wanted to like this stuff, but it was just awful, too sweet, cloying, I did not like chocolate notes at all. I won't buy this and hope not to come across someone wearing this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2005 10:42:00 AM More reviews by velouria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have never bought this odious fragrance nor do I ever plan to. All I know is that whenever it stinks like Drano or a dead body (depending on body chemistry), I know someone wearing "Angel" must be closeby. I can't believe that people think this smells great! Every time I smell it I go running in the other direction. It's strong, putrid, and overbearing. UGH!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2005 2:50:00 PM More reviews by BasiaS

I wanted so to love this! I sampled Angel 5 times before giving up, realizing that it's just not for me. Angel is a complex scent that is more suitable for special occasions, I think. On me, it smells green and slightly earthy. Being a fan of warm musks, this classic won't end up on my shelf after all. Not bad, just not me. EDIT: I've kept coming back to Angel since my first sample, and now I like it more than before. It's very similar to LMDV Antilles and Profumi di Pantelleria's Jailia, which means it's heavy on patchouli. I love patchouli but those who hate earthy scents probably won't take to Angel. In the bottle I also detect a strong chocolate note that is no longer so pronounced on my skin (this is actually quite good as I usually don't like gourmand, and especially chocolate notes in my perfume). Interesting, but not exactly FBW for me. I just don't think I could pull this off.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2005 11:51:00 AM More reviews by robbik1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this scent and always get complements when I wear it (especially from men). Be carefull, a little goes a long way. A couple of months ago I ran out of it and was considering buying it for myself of just waiting for my boyfriend to get it for me for my birthday. It is rather pricy and for some reason I had a "cheap attack" and was willing to wait.

I went to Walgreens on my lunch hour for a couple of things and alas, I came upon an imposter fragrance of Angel. I sampled it and ended up buying 2 bottles which were on sale at the time (2 for $11.00). I like this better than the real thing, it smells like Angel but milder. The brand is Instyle Fragrences, an impression of TM's Angel. Definately worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2005 3:14:00 PM More reviews by elsie_elle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only high end fragrance I actually like the scent of. The rest of them smell like stuff concocted in labs. This one smells sort of like that, but in a warm homey sort of way, like vanilla cream pie or something. Doesn't smell quite as natural as I'd like, but much better than most.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2005 12:41:00 AM More reviews by rottenj

This stuff makes me want to barf. I would imagine this is what the back of a pimps car smells like.