Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 4/1/2011 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

ugh! so upset with this foundation.

First some background. I've been using Revlon Colorstay for almost two and a half years. Decent foundation but I always read reviews and think there is something better. Or just being a flat out make-up addict, I like to try new things. After seeing a recent picture of me, I thought I might need to dive into HD make-up. Pictures kept surfacing of me under flourescent lighting and it was UGLY! So off to make-up alley I go to check reviews. headed to Sephora for a sample and next day, test it out.

Holy crapola! First, this foundation accented dry areas on my face that I didn't even know I had. My colorstay never does that. And to add, I really don't have dry skin anyways. Also, I exfoliate, moisturize and prime on a normal basis so that was the first negative. Second, it settles into pores and just sits there. you can't even blend it out. So I had these weird dots of foundation on my face. Third, if you scratch your face or rub the foundation, it will come off. Fourth, pretty certain after a two day use this caused a breakout. I haven't changed anything else in my routine so pretty certain it was the foundation. I will update if my skin continues to break-out after quitting use of this. Like I said, I don't know what else it could be because I haven't changed anything else in my routine.

One pro of this foundation is it does blend really well over the entire face where you don't have pores. As stated earlier this stuff sank right into any pores I have. ;-( I am guessing the high reviews of this foundation is people who are younger and/or already have pretty good skin straight from the start. It does cover redness really well, but that is about it. I did not test it in a photograph but by judging what it looked like under my bathroom light and natural light I probably wouldn't like the result. I don't know I just didn't expect this foundation to be so BAD!

on 3/31/2011 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i'm sorry to say but this product did not work for me. i have acne scar it didn't cover, i just didn't like it.

on 3/31/2011 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have /dehydrateddry and very sensitive skin.
I got the shade 117 which was an absolutely perfect match for my pale, but yellow toned skin and it matched flawlessly with my neck! But unfortunately thats where the positive ends..
Even on scrubbed, moisturised and primed skin this did not aplly flawlessly! It accentuated every pore and stuck to all any dry patches! I have tried apllying it with every possible method, but nothing worked, which is a shame because the shade was flawless! The coverage was light to medium and didnt seem to be buildable, because it ended up looking caked on.
I would only recommend this for oily skinned girls.
I will not repurchase.

on 3/30/2011 9:14:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product. After reading so many great reviews online and watching people rave about it on youtube I shelled out 40 bucks and went to my nearest Sephora. I have combination, sensitive, acne-prone skin and am currently quite fair due to the lack of sun. So, I was matched with #115. The colormatch is spot on and in Sephora it looked great so I bought it and was so excited that I might have finally found my HG. Well, this foundation does look natural, not-matte but not-dewy finish, however it's staying power IS AWFUL. I tried the bare minerals, smashbox, avon, and laura geller primer underneath and it still starts to fade/get patchy about 4-5 of wear. I'm a high-school student and have no time to touch up between classes. I always set my liquid foundations with a powder I tried Rimmel Stay Matte, Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, Maybelline Mineral Veil, and Loreal True Match powder along with a primer and it still evaporated. Even though I have combination skin my skin wasn't oily and this product still could not hold. If it was about half the price I would just keep it for those days I don't need to wear makeup that long, but since it's $40 and soon the shade won't match me once I start tanning, it just doesn't seem worth it. It's a good product and would recommend it, but NOT to anyone who needs it to last a full work/school day. I rated it a 3 because of the price and staying power. But it most definitely deserves a 5 for packaging by being smart and having a pump.

on 3/30/2011 3:00:00 AM

I like the way it looks when first applied, but I absolutely hate the way it feels on my skin. I was really looking forward to trying this foundation because it got such great reviews on Sephora. While it is a full coverage foundation, my skin still looked relative natural (a bit on the matte side). But the way it feels is a totally different story. It feels like a heavy mask that weighed my skin down. It's like I can feel like there is something on my face. I'm a NC20-25, neutral undertones, and 118 is a decent, but not perfect match. The staying power isn't so great either. When I was using, I was dying to wash my face at midday.

on 3/29/2011 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Before I buy an expensive product, I thoroughly do research because really - who likes to waste money? Lol. I heard a lot of good things about this foundation. I've tried a lot of foundations and this is average at best for me. I love the packaging and the pump. I liked this product at first, but after a while, I started to dread using it. The thing I liked about it is that the coverage is pretty good. It covered my acne scars pretty well with the help of a tiny bit of concealer. To me, this is pretty expensive and I wouldn't repurchase...

on 3/29/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried to like this foundation but no matter how hard i tried I just couldn't. First of all the shade that matched me best was just too dark. My guy would even tell me that I looked a little off than usual. You know when I guy notices makeup looks bad, then its bad. Also I had tiny little breakouts on my normally great skin. It looked like I was in desperate need of a facial or face scrub. Needless to say I wont be repurchasing

This is by far THE BEST foundation i have ever used!! Normally when i buy a foundation it is too pink or makes my skin look orange! This one is a Perfect Match! (Im Shade 120!) Some people said it was hard to blend but i didn't find that to be a problem but i do use a primer! I really try to use this product sparingly because of its price! 40 dollars in California!! But i think its worth every cent! The pump makes it even better because it is alot more sanitary than pouring it out from a bottle!!! As i said before BEST FOUNDATION EVER!

on 3/27/2011 11:09:00 PM

Excellent product! The color selection is great especially for yellow tone girls. This is my first liquid foundation thats actually suppose to be give a medium coverage however I say it is very buildable. Gives you a dewy finish, so you definitely have to use a powder on top to mattify it!! but if you love that fresh, dewy look, its PERFECT!!!

Looks amazing in photos :D what more does a girl want!

only downside is the price. its ridiculously pricey. $50 in CA!!

on 3/27/2011 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is my HG foundation. 110 is light enough for my supremely pale skin and I'm a real fan of the level of coverage I get without it looking cakey or mask like. My skin is super oily and this stuff lasts all day even when I turn into an oil slick by the end of a long day. I'm still on a search for the perfect complimenting set powder for this.

The only complaint I have is the packaging. While I love the pump for cleanliness, it's VERY deceiving how much product is actually left in the bottle once it stops coming out of the pump. I've starting cracking open the seal and pouring out the foundation onto my hand once I hit the "end" of the bottle. I end up getting weeks more of use with the foundation that is still left inside.

Video Reviews & Tutorials