September 20, 2014 | 1789 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This really is a product you have to try to see if it is right for your skin type. My skin is oily and fair and I found that the lightest shade was perfect for me! The COVERAGE is great! Its doesn't feel thick, but it covers minor imperfections. It gives me a MATT FINISH (I wear it over a light moisturizer) and is confortable to wear and actually seemed to help with the oilyness. Its STAYING POWER is nice and usually lasts all day.
BOTTOM LINE: I really like this foundation. You can get it at Sephora and try it out for a couple of weeks to see if it is right for you. But I would recommend it for anyone who is looking for a good foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by aelaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall this is a decent foundation. The reason I've held on to it is because 120 is seriously the best match I've ever found for my winter skintone. It's too light in the summer, but in the winter it's pretty much spot on. I find that it has a good amount of coverage, less than Mat Velvet but not by much. Also there aren't really any visible sparkles or shimmer which you often find with "HD" or "photo" products. It does have a very nice, luminous finish without looking greasy.

What I don't like about this is that 1) it just doesn't last that long. On me (and my skin is oily, but not super oily) I will get maybe 5 hours of it looking good. That just doesn't cut it for me. and 2) it really can emphasize dry areas/unevenness in texture. I don't get dry patches often but when I do there's no way I can wear this. I have a bit of an uneven texture around my chin and this can be hard to work with in that area, which is also the area where I need the most coverage. So I end up using a concealer there anyways.

This is the second time I've purchased this but I've kind of fallen out of love with it due to those two reasons. I'll keep it because of the great color match and to use on my "good skin" days, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by iHeartMakeup3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG OMG OMG!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEE this foundation! It matches my skin so perfectly and it gives me a flawless airbrush look. I am an NC42 in MAC and MUFE HD foundation #153 matches my skin really well. I only use this on the weekends because it is too pricey to use it every single day. I use LORAC aquaPRIME as a primer and then I use the MUFE HD transluscent powder to set my foundation. It does stay put all day, but since I have combination oily skin I do have to reapply. BUT my day starts at 7 am. I put my make up on around 6 am and I do not re-apply until 6 pm. That's 12 hours!!!!

Also, I have been really impressed by the way I look in pictures when I am wearing this foundation. My skin looks really good.. oh man! I cant even explain it..

*** I am still looking for an every day foundation. Would like something similar to this foundation, but just cheaper and not harsh on the skin. Any recommendations?

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Mimi30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

its a great match for my skin (im very very pale), great coverage (it covers even my very dark undereye circles!!) but the only thing i dont like is that sometimes it breaks me out, even if i dont wear it for too long (sometimes it doesnt, go figure!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by missxlkt

if you want a flawless face use this period . worth the expensive price, good coverage & everything , its awesome thats all i have to say (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by hicupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Colors: MAC NC35 or C4= MUFE #127 (for me anyway) I don't understand this numbering system. I got matched at a Sephora store, and I also looked at the Foundation Matrix on Temptalia's website.

Packaging: hygienic pump bottle, but can't see through the bottle to see how much is left.

Blendability: It takes some time to get it to blend right, but when it does, it's awesome. IMO, works best with a damp MAC 187 brush. Applying with a flat foundation brush made it go on streaky. This is not the product I reach for when I have zero time for makeup, and why waste good product if I'm not going to do it the way I like?

Value: a little bit of product goes a long way! I have had my bottle for nearly 2 years, but I'm going to buy a new bottle this week. I can't risk running out halfway through applying! I think a bottle costs about $40 USD.

Coverage: medium, but buildable. It's very light, and it doesn't feel like I have a lot of makeup on, but it also doesn't cover up the sun spots on my temples completely (nothing does, and still looks natural).

Other notes: I think this needs makeup remover to take off. When I wash my hands after applying, I have to use a generous amount of soap and scrub. So, I use DHC cleansing oil to remove the makeup at night, and then use a cleanser.

Overall, I really like this foundation! It's just not a quick apply product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by graceleeroy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave in and purchased this product and sadly it did not live up to the hype. Don't get me wrong it does leave a nice finish, just was not for me. I bought one according to my shade and undertone, however I feel as if it has too much of a yellow undertone for my taste. Also leaves dry patchs around my nose and mouth area. From far distance my skin looks flawless, but up close this foundation made my skin look dry and powdery. Overall this product depends on how well your skin will adapt to its formula, however I prefer using the Nars sheer glow over this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by sashja2413

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading countless reviews both positive and negative, i decided to try this makeup. I tried it and it looked amazing on my skin HOWEVER i also tried using Hope in a Jar w/spf 25 original for all skin types ( since there is no SPF in HD Makeup Forever) , after a few days of using the makeup and moisturizer i began to breakout. My concern is one its ingredients is Talc i wished it would provide a percentage of how much Talc is used in this product, my skin can't tolerate a high dosage of Talc..

I am not sure if it were the Hope in the Jar that caused the reaction or the actual foundation itself. Ive stop using the moisturizer and it appears that the reaction is now drying up if that is the case and no other reaction happens. I will continue to use the HD Foundation along with the Primer and Powder because it does make my skin appear to be flawless!

But the bottom line is...It provides great coverage with a mat feel and doesn't feel heavy at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by inrome810

I purchased this product after hearing so much about it. I also purchased the HD powder. I love the packaging, but I must say that I can just touch my face and it comes off and that includes using a primer before applying this foundation. By the end of the day and after touch ups my whole face is oily, which is odd because my nose is usually a bit dry. I have also noticed that I break out on my cheeks, chin, and jawline using this product. I hate to say this...but I don't see myself buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

*****UPDATE I've been using this now for almost a year! (every day in one way or another) and my HD and I are even more in love!
I had such a fit when I ran out (the bottle isn't see-through so you can't know how much is left! wth!), I went to FOUR separate Sephora stores in four far-apart locations in the city (damn you Toronto!) just to find my shade. My husband said that he will use this as evidence that I'm crazy if we ever get divorced.... but I didn't care... I HAD to have it THAT DAY...(crazy laugh)** This stuff has gotten me addicted to having nice skin when I leave the house so much that I just can't go out with my bare face (unfortunately). If my house is burning down, I would grab my puppy, wedding pic and HD foundation!!!
What I love the most: This is a foundation with a coverage (ACTUAL COVERAGE) that will not cause a havoc on your skin (and I would know...my sensitive-acne-prone, oily-but-dehydrated, MAC-stay-away skin)
Thanks!