November 24, 2014 | 1775 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by builtlikebettie

I haven't been wearing foundation for very long, and have never used a liquid foundation. (I use mostly BM Matte now) But In a quest to find a better color match for foundation, the MUA at Sephora recommended MUFE HD foundation in #118 for me. I love the color...I had been using something way too yellow for my skintone.

While I prefer something with a more matte finish, It's not a bad foundation at all. For me, the biggest drawback is the rather shiny finish that doesn't do much to minimize my pores. Although I do end up finishing with a dusting of BM matte powder...I still feel like for a "HD" product, my pores are still very visible.

I apply with a MAC 187, which gives a nice airbushed finish. The coverage is light to medium, but somewhat buildable. I didn't break out using this foundation at all, which is rare!

After experimenting with different applications, I found applying a bit of BM matte foundation, then the MUFE HD, and finish again with a little BM powder, my pores aren't as visible. But I can only imagine it's because I have like 3 layers of makeup on >_< not something I want to do everyday!

Being that this foundation is so expensive, I wouldn't be on the top of my "would by again" list. But if you can afford it, I'd say it's pretty worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by divahgriffin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OK! Dark skinned girls, I've found the holy grail of foundations. I'm very dark skinned w/o any red undertone what so ever. Forget NCsomething. Try not even fitting that brand. I have such a hard time finding a good foundation that fits my color just right and gives me the coverage i want. And its buildable so if i want light coverage i do 1 and a half pump and at most i do 2 and a half. i'm a 185. its pricey but WORTH IT. There's no other color out there for me and i walk around looking like a movie star everyday:)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Betzy04

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchase the MUFE HD Foundation because one of my favorite YT gurus was in love with it. However i should of give it a try before i purchase it because i do not love it like she does. I feel like it gives light-medium coverage which isn't what i like. I adore full coverage, and this foundation does not cover everything. It is a good foundation but too expensive for what it does. This is just my opinion on it, you might like it but i truly didn't. I still use it cause like i paid for it, so am not going to let it go to waste.

Update : I am completely in love with this foundation, there is nothing i dislike about it. I feel like in order to love something you have to try it out for some months. I will re-purchase as soon as i ran out which is going to be soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Petunia1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation in the shade #118 Flesh. I absolutely love the finish, my skin looks flawless. I also love that MUFE has such a wide range of colors, so I was able to be matched perfectly instead of settling with the closest possible shade (which is usually 1-2 shades off) I recommended this to anyone; I believe it works well for all skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by ocularhp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It took me forever to convince myself to try MUFE's foundations just because of the price! Finally I was just fed up with always having to settle for foundations that were too dark for my skin and I bit the bullet and tried this. It's amazing how big of a difference having a foundation that actually matches your skin tone makes - I ended up being a near perfect match to 110. At Sephora, the display claimed this was a full coverage foundation and I totally disagree (at least the way I apply it and the way the SA applied it for me in the store) - I have that wonderfully freckled pale Irish skin and I find this foundation does not fully cover my freckles. I have freckles everywhere else, why would I want to fully cover them on my face? I apply this foundation with a MAC 187 brush and would say I get light to medium coverage using this brush and a stippling technique - one pump of this foundation is usually sufficient to cover my face so I imagine this bottle will last me a little while.

I've been using this foundation for about a week now and so far my skin seems fairly happy with it, no increase in breakouts or blackheads. This foundation feels light on my skin, I can't really detect that I have it on and with the MUFE HD Finishing Powder my foundation stays in place throughout my entire workday (which, as a grad student, can be in excess of 8 hours a day). Assuming this foundation doesn't break me out at some point, I've found my HG and I will repurchase - the cost is well worth it when you take in consideration that 1. it actually matches my skintone and 2. it makes me look flawless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm really sold to MUFE for everything besides mascaras. I have so many products from them that I'm ashame to say it.

I actually really like this foundation now but I'm not IN LOVE like with the face and body foundation.

I have dry-sensitive skin so I find this a bit drying. I don't recommand primer for sensitive skin it is way to heavy for the skin. I apply this fondation on a heavy moisturiser with a damp latex free sponge. I had a second layer on my chin were I have mor scars and on the edge of my nose.

I finish everything with a bronzer.

This is my winter/made out foundation. I the summer I still prefer the face and body foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I never thought I would pay this much for a bottle of foundation. I believe a bottle of this is about $40. But hey, it is very good foundation :)
The main reason I would recommend this is because, which so many shades to choose from, you're more likely to find a perfect match then with other foundations. I found my perfect match and it looked so natural on me. I loved my skin when I wore this.
The foundation itself has decent staying power, doesn't irritate my acne-prone skin, and has pretty nice coverage.

My only problem with this foundation is the price! $40, to me, is very expensive for foundation. Yes, it is a good quality product, but I have found other foundations for much less that work very good to.

This is a splurge, and in the future I might treat myself to another bottle, but for now I will use drugstore brand foundations and use the money I save for other things. If you have the money though, and want to really treat yourself, this is the product to use it on!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by icyuhjocknjzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I took me a while to get myself to buy this foundation. And im super happy i did because this product is awesome! It has natural coverage and has good color ranges so you can find ur perfect shade. Mine is 123 and in mac im a NC35. One con that i do not like about this is i have oily skin, and the dewy-ness of this makes my skin a little more oily. But other than that love it! I just need to find my perfect setting powder and im good to go :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by xNova

After all of the hype of this foundation from gurus I decided to purchase it. The coverage is amazing and feels almost weightless on the skin. The finish is a little dewy and is not something I like very much. It looks great right after application however, as the day progresses my skin starts to look incredibly oily (especially on my nose), to the point where my MAC Blot Powder does not help (and that is a great product with mineral foundation).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by vickio92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I will not be using this as an everyday foundation because it does tend to make me look made up and it is very expensive. I have this in 110 and it is the only shade light enough for my skin that I can buy in town. As such, I will repurchase, as it does cover imperfections nicely.