BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 1/21/2006 1:58:00 PM

I had never thought of buying this before because in my past experiences with highlighters, they do nothing! However when Benefit ran the promo with this free and free shipping I decided to get it along with Dallas. I am so glad I did! I really like this on my fair skin. I only use it on my cheekbones and then top with blush. It makes my skin have a dewy, glowy appearance with fine shimmer when it hits the light just right. I also think it makes my cheekbones look more defined. I think the packaging is pretty good although the little brush thing is kind of annoying at times but I think if I ever run out that I would purchase on its own.

on 1/19/2006 12:38:00 AM

I first got to use this as a mini from the Realness of Concealness kit.
This is absolutely fabulous at giving me a gorgeous glow. It just takes three little dabs along my cheekbones, esp. on top of my bronzer and/or blush.
It's very blendable, a little goes a long way (otherwise you'll look like Mr. Freeze from Batman), and the very light pink tint can suit even my yellow-based Asian skin.
Once I run out of this mini, I'm going right to Sephora to purchase a full-sized bottle!

on 1/13/2006 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love this!! it gives me a healthy dewy glow. i just put a dot or 2 on the round part of my cheek and rub it in

on 1/13/2006 12:43:00 AM

As far as unique products and packaging go, Benefit is one of my favorite brands. High Beam is a liquid highlighter that comes in a nail polish type bottle- kudos for the unique packaging. I think this is a great product, but just not for me. It's a bit too highlighty (opalescent) for my oily skin. I will save this for a night out, not for everyday use.

on 1/10/2006 11:19:00 AM

i love this stuff. i've never been one to wear a whole lot of makeup, but this is the perfect thing to make your skin look lovely and dewy while not looking obviously made up. i spent a lot of time at sephora the other day, trying different illuminizers, and this was noticeably the most natural-looking. didn't look like i had just splashed glitter over my face, like some of the others did. i use a little on the apples of the cheek and blend up over the top of the cheekbone, and a little on the bridge of the nose. very nice! the packaging is fine, but i do worry a little bit about possible breakage as i have notoriously slippery fingers. i don't think i'd travel with it (possibly bring my w&w twist-up stick in flirt as a travelling alternative), though.

on 1/8/2006 9:17:00 PM

BeneFit is my most favorite brand for all the cute names and bottles. Okey that is superficial because it is whats inside that truly counts. High beam is one of my must haves. I use it all the time over and under makeup to create a glow or to sculpt my face, cheekbones and brow bones :)
You really cant go wrong.

on 12/19/2005 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff! Especially for a night out...it makes me look so glowy and fabulous. I wish the packaging wasn't so annoying though

on 12/16/2005 5:12:00 AM

Such a great highlighter! As well for adding a dewy fresh look to your complexion. I think this would suit any skin tone. Will definitely get this again :) Oh and the packaging (like all Benefit products) is just so cute ;)

HG for a glowy/dewy look without looking like I woke up from a night out without washing my face. BeneFit does not test on animals.

on 11/25/2005 11:08:00 AM

Really like this - I use it as a highlighter on my cheek bones and around my eyes (from lash to brow, and in the inner and outer corners). It brightens up my face and helps conceal darkness around my eyes. I have VERY pale skin, and it adds a glow to it. It looks like a very pastel, shimmery pink in the bottle, but it doesn't have much color on the skin - more of a subtle radiance. Very pretty, and it lasts forever (I've had mine for at least 6 months, and I'm not even to the half-way mark). I use it every time I apply makeup, after tinted moisturizer and concealer. If you're looking for a
*highlighter*, try this one out (but not if you're wanting something with vivid color, or a replacement for blush). I have a sneaking suspicion that this might work particularly well for individuals with darker skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials