July 30, 2014 | 1837 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2005 2:00:00 AM More reviews by cyprine

This is a nice, kinda frosty pink highlighter. I like it for a cute glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2005 7:19:00 PM More reviews by dansgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love High Beam. Great highlighter for my fair skin. The pink of this highlighter is probably best suited for fair skin but might be fun to try on darker skin tones to see how it works. It's the perfect way to highlight my cheek bones. Easy application and pretty easy to blend. Part of my morning make-up ritual!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2005 11:48:00 PM More reviews by passion4pink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugh...I rely on the revies here, fellow MUA'ers never steer me wrong, except in this case. This didn't even show up on me. Overpriced and overrated IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2005 10:59:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueen81

I love this product! It leaves a very nice glow to the skin and a little bit goes a long way. I just dab a few dots on my cheekbones blend, and I'm ready to go. It is not shimmery or sparkly, your skin is just left glowing, think j.lo! The color is a real pearly pink that would look good on most skin types. I have olive undertones in my skin and it looks great in the summer with a tan, or in the winter with no tan!The packaging is also very cute, looks just like a nail polish bottle and brush. The brush also makes for very easy application. I only had one minor problem, to ensure that it was sealed tightly (to prevent drying out) I turned the cap one too may times and it cracked with little force. Luckily, the Benefit ladies gladly exchanged it for me, but just be careful not to go overboard with screwing the cap on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2005 9:55:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

As with all Benefit products, i love this one's packaging. The bottle resembles a nail polish bottle with the included brush in the cap for easy application. I have pretty fair skin and at first, I thought this might be too light and not show up. However, upon application (I mix with my daily moisturizer), I was a believer! Delivers a very subtle sheen to the face without looking too discoey or fakey. High Beam just makes it look like you have good skin. Many models and makeup artists swear by this to create a flawless look. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2005 8:30:00 PM More reviews by BeneBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love at First Beam. High Beam is my secret to dewy, glowing skin. Especially when mixed with Benetint. I have had mine for 3 years and it never seems to run out. Definitely worth the $20. Will Love forever. Tip: Apply with a foundation brush for best results.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2005 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Glamourpusskitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This gives me a pretty pink shimmer and I love it! Warning - do not leave bottle loose in your bag, store it in the box and then in a makeup bag, I know of a few casualties that have happened with leaking and breaking when its left loose! A bottle will last a long long time!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2005 2:31:00 PM More reviews by ScrubQueen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Neutral LLL / normal skin

BeneFit's High Beam, for me, is a terrific highlighter. It was really one of the first ones I tried in liquid form. I use this on my cheeks dabbed over a blush or mixed with my moisturizer for an all over "glow".

I didn't find it to be oily or drying or have any real effect on my skin (except illuminating it subtly).

The price is fairly cheap, in my opinion, compared to other highlighting items.

The packaging is the best.. I'm not really a fan of the nail polish-esque applicator and would have really preferred a sponge applicator instead.

I will most likely repurchase this unless something better comes along.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2005 4:20:00 PM More reviews by GypsyMoth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall this product is decent. I'm a sucker for packaging, which is half the reason I bought this. Colour on face is really nice, gives a dewy natural sheen to cheekbones and brow bones - a little iffy to apply until you get the hang of it because if you're not looking at it with the light reflecting off of it you could have a smear of it and not really be able to see it.
Comes in a nailpolish-type bottle and you apply it with the brush, which I find sometimes applies unevenly.
Would be happier with a more easy to apply highlighter, but this one gives the perfect colour and dewyness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2005 8:08:00 PM More reviews by punkysus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so-so about this one. It gave a dewy light to my cheek bones, but did nada for the browbones. I have to apply a LOT for it to actually show up enough. It's a little too sheer, which is a sentence I thought I'd never type/speak!