October 24, 2014 | 1271 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by nancyfeldhaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It gives my oily skin a matte finish look, I use Clean&Clear oil absorbing sheets, then apply my Colorescience Sunforgettable SPF 30 and then this, followed by Maybelline Expert Wear Blush and for the first time in my life I feel like I look finish. I am happy!!!
    Update 10-09: I don't wear this anymore. All of my MU products have changed now, but overall this is a good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an update on this powder, I still like it very much, the packaging is really horrible though, I want to look for one that is a bit darker as well, since I do notice that this makes me look a bit lighter, so I use bronzer to even it out, but other than that I really love this and I gotta go get a new one today! haha cus its almost gone!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by nattyd16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin, so I am always looking for something that will keep me matte. Since I use it so much I also wanted something that wouldn't break the bank either! So I love this stuff, it really gives me a flawless finish, and sets my foundation beautifully. I think the color I have is Sand?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by lilaclufy19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect dupe of MAC's Mineralize Skinfinishes Natural. No color deposit, flawless skin, and an amazing blotting powder. At a third of the price, this stuff really can't be beat. For my oily skin, this is the solution I've been waiting for. While it looks like a transparent setting powder once applied, it absorbs the oils from my skin and keeps me looking fresh throughout the day. This is likely one of the few precious drugstore products that actually works. My only complaint: It's a little powdery, so application with a 182-style Kabuki can get a bit messy and waste some product. Other than that, though, this stuff is an absolute must for a cosmetics fanatic.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by m331

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite powder. I wear "sand" (Medium 0-1). It is the perfect colour and blends easily. I'm quite fair, but I find that other powders look chalky and strange. Love this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2009 1:04:00 AM More reviews by iceburger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I will no longer rebuy this. I noticed that as I used it more and more (as well as seeing it in good lighting), it didn't look smooth, flawless or glowy at all. In fact, it just looked way too
    matte and powdery - exactly what a bad powder's supposed to do in my opinion. I noticed this especially after I fixed the lighting in my bathroom (I first reviewed this after I tried it in dimmer yellow lighting). Also, it doesn't hold up well in warmer weather. My face gets super oily and shiny after about 2-3 hours which isn't good since I live in a place that gets really hot and humid summers (Australia - temp reaches 110F). Also, the packaging - though it didn't annoy me at first - has horrible durability The swiveling part stopped clicking in place well after awhile. It also looks really ugly IMO.

original review:

The packaging includes a slide out mirror with the puff in it which is the only thing I don't like about this powder, but that's not enough to stop me from loving this product. My advice is to throw the puff away and use a brush instead because not only will it be easier to apply, it also keeps the mirror nice and clean.
    The texture is surprisingly silky and soft. It is very finely milled and is smooth to touch - even when it's on my face. I used it over my foundation, and it set it beautifully. It did exactly what it claimed to do -- gave be a matte, airbrushed look. It kept my face matte all day without looking dry ,and it was very easy to blend.
    Even by itself it looks pretty gorgeous. It doesn't have a heavy-full coverage because it's not a powder foundation, but it reduced the redness of my face slightly, and it blurred out the acne. The result was a cleaner and fresher looking face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Set my make-up perfectly (airbrushed). Kept my face oil free, better than my clinique stay matte.
    Worth the price and great for oily gals.
    Edit: Still loving it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by SugaCookie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a medium toned AA woman, (about Tyra Banks' complexion) my skin has very yellow/gold undertones and this goes on a bit chalky and makes me look a bit dull. Yet another drugstore brand that just darkens the shades they already have without doing much about the undertones. Which is a shame because the staying power, coverage and light feel is great for a drugstore powder. It can settle patchy if you are prone to dry skin so if you're a darker skinned woman or if you have very dry skin, this may not be the powder for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A HG pressed powder! After using MAC Blot powder and starting to notice that it clogged up my pores around the nose I wanted to try this. And I'm glad I did!
    This airsoft pressed powder goes on smooth and silky and doesn't look over powdery. The finish is satin matte to matte.
    Like the MAC blot powder this gives a longwearing matte finish and prolongs many foundations. Works great with the Maybelline mineral powder. I use it most of the time with a powderbrush, but the sponge is also ok.
    Buy it self it gives a ultra sheer coverage.
    Breakouts and clogged pores... so far so good. Can use it witout any problems. Loving it!
    TALC, NYLON-12, ISODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CETYL DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, METHYLPARABEN, TRIISOCETYL CITRATE, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN,
    (+/-MAY CONTAIN: MICA, CI 77499, CI77491, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 4:59:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this! My HG powder, after trying everything from Chanel to Benefit to Bourjois.

It evens out my skin, is a perfect light shade for my NC15 skintone, keeps oil at bay, does touch ups very well, and is pretty wonderful really.

The only downside is the packaging and puff, but I replace it with a latex puff which works even better.

Overall, major thumbs up!