August 20, 2014 | 1071 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by lilaclufy19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect dupe of MAC's Mineralize Skinfinishes Natural. No color deposit, flawless skin, and an amazing blotting powder. At a third of the price, this stuff really can't be beat. For my oily skin, this is the solution I've been waiting for. While it looks like a transparent setting powder once applied, it absorbs the oils from my skin and keeps me looking fresh throughout the day. This is likely one of the few precious drugstore products that actually works. My only complaint: It's a little powdery, so application with a 182-style Kabuki can get a bit messy and waste some product. Other than that, though, this stuff is an absolute must for a cosmetics fanatic.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by m331

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite powder. I wear "sand" (Medium 0-1). It is the perfect colour and blends easily. I'm quite fair, but I find that other powders look chalky and strange. Love this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2009 1:04:00 AM More reviews by iceburger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I will no longer rebuy this. I noticed that as I used it more and more (as well as seeing it in good lighting), it didn't look smooth, flawless or glowy at all. In fact, it just looked way too
matte and powdery - exactly what a bad powder's supposed to do in my opinion. I noticed this especially after I fixed the lighting in my bathroom (I first reviewed this after I tried it in dimmer yellow lighting). Also, it doesn't hold up well in warmer weather. My face gets super oily and shiny after about 2-3 hours which isn't good since I live in a place that gets really hot and humid summers (Australia - temp reaches 110F). Also, the packaging - though it didn't annoy me at first - has horrible durability The swiveling part stopped clicking in place well after awhile. It also looks really ugly IMO.

original review:

The packaging includes a slide out mirror with the puff in it which is the only thing I don't like about this powder, but that's not enough to stop me from loving this product. My advice is to throw the puff away and use a brush instead because not only will it be easier to apply, it also keeps the mirror nice and clean.
The texture is surprisingly silky and soft. It is very finely milled and is smooth to touch - even when it's on my face. I used it over my foundation, and it set it beautifully. It did exactly what it claimed to do -- gave be a matte, airbrushed look. It kept my face matte all day without looking dry ,and it was very easy to blend.
Even by itself it looks pretty gorgeous. It doesn't have a heavy-full coverage because it's not a powder foundation, but it reduced the redness of my face slightly, and it blurred out the acne. The result was a cleaner and fresher looking face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Set my make-up perfectly (airbrushed). Kept my face oil free, better than my clinique stay matte.
Worth the price and great for oily gals.
Edit: Still loving it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by SugaCookie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a medium toned AA woman, (about Tyra Banks' complexion) my skin has very yellow/gold undertones and this goes on a bit chalky and makes me look a bit dull. Yet another drugstore brand that just darkens the shades they already have without doing much about the undertones. Which is a shame because the staying power, coverage and light feel is great for a drugstore powder. It can settle patchy if you are prone to dry skin so if you're a darker skinned woman or if you have very dry skin, this may not be the powder for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A HG pressed powder! After using MAC Blot powder and starting to notice that it clogged up my pores around the nose I wanted to try this. And I'm glad I did!
This airsoft pressed powder goes on smooth and silky and doesn't look over powdery. The finish is satin matte to matte.
Like the MAC blot powder this gives a longwearing matte finish and prolongs many foundations. Works great with the Maybelline mineral powder. I use it most of the time with a powderbrush, but the sponge is also ok.
Buy it self it gives a ultra sheer coverage.
Breakouts and clogged pores... so far so good. Can use it witout any problems. Loving it!
TALC, NYLON-12, ISODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CETYL DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, METHYLPARABEN, TRIISOCETYL CITRATE, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN,
(+/-MAY CONTAIN: MICA, CI 77499, CI77491, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 4:59:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this! My HG powder, after trying everything from Chanel to Benefit to Bourjois.

It evens out my skin, is a perfect light shade for my NC15 skintone, keeps oil at bay, does touch ups very well, and is pretty wonderful really.

The only downside is the packaging and puff, but I replace it with a latex puff which works even better.

Overall, major thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After reading reviews on here about this product, I wanted to try it. I have never had oily skin, so I never felt a need to use powder. I just wanted to try it. I bought it at CVS for $8. I really like it. I rarely reapply or touchup my foundation, but occasionally I really should. This product works great for touchups so I don't have to apply more foundation. It adds a matte look to areas that I want it to. This powder is not a necessity for me, but I do like it have it around. I keep it in my purse and use a tiny bit on occasional afternoons.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Kairin

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dropped a lipstick and switched from buying this product from a "Yes" to a "No". This powder broke me out! :-( So sad! I was in denial for a long time. I stopped using it a month ago with just my Colorstay Blemish concealer and my face healed up automatically. I used it back and I got a collage of pimples so no more. It's such a wonderful product but now I know all Maybelline products break me out. Sticking only to their lipsticks. So sad. :-(

I bought this at Walgreens since my Colorstay powder is running low. I always try my makeup on to see if I like it or not. If not, I return it the next day. Well I tried it. Afterwards, I told myself, "Wait until the Colorstay is gone to use this." but I can't keep my fingers OFF of this FABULOUS product! x3

Pros:
-Doesn't lie in advertising. Gives a BEAUTIFUL airbrush finish. Also gives me a sun-kissed, flawless, ultimate-coverage look. It looks like I have no makeup on.
-Perfect shade. (I have Honey Medium 3-4)
-Soft feeling.
-I use it on my chin and my forehead to keep oil at bay and it succeeds every time! Sometimes I put a little on my cheeks. :-P
-I like the little feathery powder pad thing. It's cute, but I use a brush. Pad tore up when I tried to wash it anyways...

Cons:
-None! Surprisingly longlasting.. :-)

Definite repurchase. It's a little pricey for me, but anything over $5 is pricey to me. Ha ha. Got it for $8 at Walgreens. Lovin' every dollar. My HG powder for now. Thank you Maybelline! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by DeltaChai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot leave the house without this wonderful product! I have this in Cream (which is the last color in the fairest category). I use it for touch ups during the day and it matches my skin perfectly. I just use a light dusting on my t-zone and my cheeks to keep the oils away. It does a great job at this, I don't get oily for hours when I use this and it perfects my skin. I love the scent with this, and how easy it is to load your brush with powder. For me, it has lasted such a long time for so cheap, I've had it since June of 08 and it is now March of 09 and I have not hit pan yet. I highly recommend this to oily ladies who want to keep their oilies at bay. I love this. My only gripe is the packaging, it has come a little loose after a while, so handle this with care.