Neutrogena Oil Free eye makeup remover

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Poloxamer 182, Allantoin, Tripotassium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate.

on 5/17/2006 8:27:00 PM

A MUST try ! I had the hardest time finding a mu remover that would remove my DiorShow waterproof mascara; plus Im allergic to a lot of cremes (etc) that I put around my eyes. This mu remover is amazing-super cheap and takes every trace of M/U away !

on 5/13/2006 10:26:00 PM

Best drugstore eye makeup remover. It's the only stuff that gets my waterproof mascara off..it does leave an oily residue but that's the only way it can get the waterproof stuff off. Excellent product.

on 5/1/2006 2:50:00 PM

This is overrated. For an oil-free makeup remover, it sure leaves an oily feeling on my eyes afterwards. The Physicians Formula Vital Lash is a hundred times better.

on 4/26/2006 4:58:00 PM

This is an OK eye makeup remover. It does have glycerin in it so it can have a little of an oily residue. That didn't bother me though. It did a good job of removing my waterproof mascara also, but it really dries the skin around my eyes out. I have tried it several different times and each time I get scaly dry (and I am an oily/combo skin). So I am still looking for my HG remover.

on 4/24/2006 6:44:00 PM

Update: While this doesn't remove everything in one go (2+ cotton balls are needed, and waterproof mascara doesn't budge much with this product), I like that it's oil free so I can (and do) use it on my whole face and don't have any skin problems as a result. Comodynes is great but I feel less wasteful and polluting using this vs. the wipes. Love using this in combo with a light scrub to cleanse after.

Orig review: In looking at other (mostly positive) reviews, I must not be using this correctly: apply to cotton ball, let sit for a few seconds on eye make-up then swipe off. Nothing controversial there, right? It takes me about 3 drenched cotton balls to get (non-waterproof, 2 coats only) mascara off, but that same mascara is now on other parts of my face... and it barely touches waterproof mascara (L'Oreal Voluminous)! Further, it is very oily (although I don't mind as my skin is dry, but it's not what it claims) - splash your face with water afterwards and the water will be beading up on your skin! $6 isn't a bad price, but it doesn't do what it claims, and in the 2 weeks since I've been using it I'd say I've used about 20% of the bottle. Giving it a 3 as I'll use the rest of it, but after that, guess I'll be going back to Comodynes.

on 4/18/2006 12:20:00 AM

Awesome inexpensive product. only minus is the packaging.

on 4/16/2006 6:51:00 PM

I will be running out and buying another bottle of this soon. I love this makeup remover it removes all of my waterproof makeup w/o irritation and a little goes a long way. It is comparable to Lancome's Bi-facils but soo much cheaper. I picked mine up at K-mart for 6 bucks. A steal!

on 4/12/2006 1:22:00 PM

Yeah!!!! I finally found a cheaper version of Lancome Bi-Facial! I just purchased my 3rd bottle of the Neutrogena. I have real sensitive eyes & the only time that Neutrogena stings a little is if I've totally saturated the cotton ball & use way too much product on my eyes. It takes off m/u just as good as the Lancome. I haven't noticed any greasy-ness, but now that I think about it, it might leave behind a slight film. But that's ok w/me because A) I'd rather it be slightly greasy than overdrying and B) After I take my make-up off I wash my face anyway. Oh, & to the person who said it was so greasy she had to use an astringent - YIKES! Astringent on your eyes?!?!? I think my eyeballs would have fallen out.

I did take one lippie off for the packaging. The bottle seems to have some leakage problems. It doesn't travel great if it has to be laid down. I just put mine in a Ziploc bag & store it in my overnight bag standing up & it does ok.

All in all this is a great product. Exactly like Bi-Facial except it's about 1/3 the price. Nice!

on 4/9/2006 11:45:00 PM

Amazing E.M.R! It really does the job well. But I really hate the packaging, because one night when I was taking off my makeup, I accidently knocked it over and like 1/4 of it fell down the sink!! The hole is way to big..it would be better if it was smaller. But whatever. It does its job. I was going to buy MAC makeup remover but I just dont see the need for it because it does the exact same thing as this one but this one is a lot cheaper! :). Doesnt sting my eyes, gets most makeup off the first or second wipe. Love this stuff...

on 4/7/2006 6:47:00 PM

I love this. I was tired of the price for Bi-Facil, so I decided to give this a shot. It removes all my make-up (even WP mascara) easily and gently. I agree a smaller opening would be nice...but I just cover the top with a cotton pad and flip. No mess and the pad gets the perfect amount every time. The film does not bother me, as it is oil free. I always remove my eye make-up before washing my face anyways, and after washing my face the film is gone (though my eye lids feel soft and moisturized). Super stuff. Bye Bye Bi-facil!!!