November 22, 2014 | 1470 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Update 2/2/13: Knocked down a lippie because I did end up returning it. It just made me look too oily.

I ran out and bought this as soon as I read the reviews on here and I'm pleasantly surprised that I like this product. A lot. For reference, i am NC30-5 with neutral undertones and Medium, though at first when i squeezed it out looked too dark, is the PERFECT color for me.
With that being said, this offers sheer to low coverage..it's definitely not a BB cream in the traditional sense. I have very light/fading acne scarring and this did not cover it. But the color match was so great I can put on a little concealer, a finishing powder, and there is my summer time routine! I do plan on wearing additional sunscreen underneath just because I'm not sure how stable the sunscreen in this is.
I have normal/combo skin but get a little bit more oily in the summer in my tzone area. This product didn't make any of the oilies worse and kept me natural looking throughout the day.
Packaging is cute, you get 1 fl. oz. for a little less than 8$ at WalMart. They have testers and the tubes are sealed (thank god) to prevent people from ruining it for the rest of us! I also think their color range is better than most...there five shades: light, light/medium, medium, medium/deep, deep. Not perfect but definitely more inviting than other brands.
I will update if this photographs well or oxidizes throughout the day, but so far so good!

UPDATE: no oxidation but this in combination with my MAC MSFN setting powder made me look a little bit oily so I am rethinking this

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by nikksters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I will start this review off by saying that this product is worth every penny if only for the sun protection. I have yet to see a drug store face makeup product with titanium dioxide ss! I wore this to spend a morning (about 3 hours) kayaking in dead July, New England sun and didn't burn at all (just lightly brown-ed)!

That said, I found the color to be a little beige-ey for my olive skin. At the time of purchase my coloring was between shades, so I went for the lighter of the two colors. This might have also contributed to the chalky look. Coverage is pretty good, though I did feel that the cream itself sat pretty heavy on my skin.

As another reviewer said this is not a BB cream but more of a tinted moisturizer -- With an excellent sun block!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

This is surprisingly good. I tried it on a few girls while doing makeup for them for their prom and it had surprisingly nice coverage and ease of application. I did use a powder foundation overtop but this made for a gorgeous base. So I went and bought one myself, seeing as how inexpensive they were. It's a pretty decent BB cream for $10, kinda impressed with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by livyeason

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for $7.44 @ Wal-Mart. I was just going to browse around the makeup section and I was suprised it came out so quickly b/c I haven't seen any advertisement for this product. My skin is combo. And i bought this in Medium. They had testers on a BIG display shelf. I love how it helps the skin while giving VERY light coverage. I'm 14 and I heard it gave a dewy finish while helping skin AND having SPF. (I'm REALLY obsessed w/ dewy skin!!). I really like it and will buy again. I used a makeup sponge.

IS THERE A BETTER WAY TO APPLY IT? hOW MUCH DO I NEED? THANX! please answer back/// :D

P.s I only wear mascara and this so please dont freak. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by rakava

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So glad I saw this when I went to pick up my RXs. They had one medium left and of course all the dark colors but they had samples and the medium actually matched so I bought it.

I have the Garnier BB in Light Medium which was IMPOSSIBLE to find) and I love it except for one thing. It's SPF 15. I live in Los Angeles. SPF 15 won't cut it. So far I like this cream as much as the Garnier and it has SPF 30.

Both make my skin look naturally gorgeous without looking like I spackled on the foundation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by meertiger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice product. It is perfect for sheer coverage days where I don't want to look all made up but want to even out my skin. And the SPF is nice, perfect for beach days. Once I put this on, my skin looks a less red and patchy but it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. The only thing some may not like is that this can get pretty shiny on the skin as the day goes on if your skin is oily. Otherwise great product and lasts a decent amount of time on my skin with no primer or powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Yannieapr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product. The coverage is just as good as pressed powder and it really looks natural. I can't see what anyone would have against using this product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit/Note- I am no longer able to use this product now that the teeny bit of summer tan I had has faded.
Okay, so I bought this as I wanted the light coverage of a tinted moisturizer but with an extra boost, as well as a higher SPF. Its only the 1st day but I got complimented this morning as one of my co-workers thought I didn't have anything on but blush, mascara and lipstick. She told me only people with "perfect" skin can get away with no foundation. LOL I certainly didn't correct her either! LOL I have combination skin and can get oily so I set it with a light powder and now its early afternoon and I don't even need to blot or touch up with powder, and our area is in the high 90's today. I am also very fair skinned and also sensitive. The light shade matched me perfectly and so far, no burning or irritation. Also, I am 43 yrs old and while I look good for my age, some products can settle into my fine lines and this has not done that either. In fact, they're not as apparent as with other products. I will definitely buy this again and also recommend to anyone not wanting too much coverage.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by msmakeupalley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like this stuff! nice and SHEER. it is sheer people!!! i like to use it on days that are more laid back and i don't have much to do. i put this on and then a little powder and my makeup is light and fresh. doesn't have amazing oil control so i would suggest definitely setting with a power!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by newman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just ran out of my Tarte Smooth Operator which I truly love. When I went to Walmart, I saw this andI got it (for $8.95) because I was curious to try a BB cream. It is more like a tinted moisturizer but I really like it. I don't find it runny and thin, but rather thick. I dot it on my cheeks and forehead and blend with my Eco Tools foundation brush. Voila, my skin is evened out and looks good. I still use a bit of concealer under the eyes but that's it. I got the shade 'light' . For reference I am NW 15-20. Great job Maybelline (I never tried you before).
EDIT: Just wanted to point out that I wear sunscreen before applying this. I am not sure about the SPF 30 claim in this product.