October 25, 2014 | 1542 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit/Note- I am no longer able to use this product now that the teeny bit of summer tan I had has faded.
Okay, so I bought this as I wanted the light coverage of a tinted moisturizer but with an extra boost, as well as a higher SPF. Its only the 1st day but I got complimented this morning as one of my co-workers thought I didn't have anything on but blush, mascara and lipstick. She told me only people with "perfect" skin can get away with no foundation. LOL I certainly didn't correct her either! LOL I have combination skin and can get oily so I set it with a light powder and now its early afternoon and I don't even need to blot or touch up with powder, and our area is in the high 90's today. I am also very fair skinned and also sensitive. The light shade matched me perfectly and so far, no burning or irritation. Also, I am 43 yrs old and while I look good for my age, some products can settle into my fine lines and this has not done that either. In fact, they're not as apparent as with other products. I will definitely buy this again and also recommend to anyone not wanting too much coverage.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by msmakeupalley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like this stuff! nice and SHEER. it is sheer people!!! i like to use it on days that are more laid back and i don't have much to do. i put this on and then a little powder and my makeup is light and fresh. doesn't have amazing oil control so i would suggest definitely setting with a power!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by newman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just ran out of my Tarte Smooth Operator which I truly love. When I went to Walmart, I saw this andI got it (for $8.95) because I was curious to try a BB cream. It is more like a tinted moisturizer but I really like it. I don't find it runny and thin, but rather thick. I dot it on my cheeks and forehead and blend with my Eco Tools foundation brush. Voila, my skin is evened out and looks good. I still use a bit of concealer under the eyes but that's it. I got the shade 'light' . For reference I am NW 15-20. Great job Maybelline (I never tried you before).
EDIT: Just wanted to point out that I wear sunscreen before applying this. I am not sure about the SPF 30 claim in this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by frostedflakes007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the BB I've been waiting for! No, it isn't true to Asian formulations. But it met the 3 most important criteria for me. 1. Color match. I'm hard to match, I need a true beige without obvious pink, grey or yellow undertone. The medium matched me perfectly. In contrast, I tried Dr. Jart and it was too pink. 2. Sunscreen. This one is spf 30. yay! 3. It doesn't dry me out or break me out. I have dry skin and I also live in a very dry climate. I have a suspicion that I will need to add moisturizer in the winter, but for summer....this is just right.

Downside is definitely coverage. Spot concealer is necessary if you have stuff to hide. I dab Glamoflage under eyes, on some hyper pigmentation and to conceal redness around my nose prior to BB. I have also mixed foundation in for more coverage.

Not perfect, but for $8 I couldn't be happier!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

The good news: theres actual small glass-spatula jar testers in ULTA! The ones ppl can't snatch off & steal away to do their full face of mu at home. The bad news: these are not true bb creams! Gave no coverage & thus im sure have no healing/lightening scar abilities. I tried the Light shade (too light for NC25 but yellow toned) & the Light-Medium (a better match but too pink) ---classic problem in ds shades. Their a thin lotion-y consistency (not the thick formulations of true bb creams again) & thus blended out smoothly. Sadly, it didn't even partially dim the vein on my hand where I swatched. It did give a good luminous-dewy finish tho. So if your looking for spf with glow --go for it, otherwise pass.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by msfabolous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it! Will buy again. Its a perfect match for me and its 30spf!! Cant beat that and the price!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by scta0000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried this brand and the Garnier BB cream and between the two, this by far works better for my skin type (oily combination). I used the tester they had at CVS and found light / medium worked best for me. This is NOT something you would use if you want medium to full coverage. I equate this to tinted moisturizer that minimizes pores and evens out my skin tone. Longevity was about 4-6 hours and I saw no breakouts after a week of wear. This BB cream is much lighter (in weight & coverage) than Garnier (not to mention the Garnier has a slight orange undertone to it).

I applied this using both my hands and a brush and found the hands is best to ensure even coverage. The downside is packaging - flimsy squeeze tube and leaks even if you have stopped squeezing (perhaps it was a tad watery). Purchased on sale, but would not pay full price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by soulsupermodel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

As someone struggling with quite a lot of acne hyperpigmentation spots, I didn't expect this to cover everything right up - and after using this for more than a week, I can definitely tell you, it doesn't. From the newest, reddest marks to the very light pink ones, this will not cover those kind of spots. It's veryyyyyy sheer!

That being said, I like this stuff :) I've been using Revlon PhotoReady foundation and concealer for more than a year now, since I've got normal-dry skin and I am younger, and I like that shimmer. But it can look cakey all over my face by the end of the day, and I don't always relish the sparkles on my hands :p Since I got this BB cream, I've changed my routine. I apply it all over my face straight from the tube, and then, I mix a small amount of my Revlon with the BB cream for slightly heavier coverage on my spotty forehead/chin areas. For the worst marks, I top it off with concealer.

The ending result is something lighter (my cheeks and nose can breathe!) and dewy looking. My skin doesn't look shiny or feel wet, but it has a slight healthy sheen in the light, and photographs looking even and smooth. My boyfriend told me within the first couple of days that he preferred the lighter, more natural look..and I do too :) No bumps from wearing this as far as I'm concerned, so it's a keeper!

For reference, I'm about an NC 25 in the summer, and light/medium is working great for me :) If you have skin issues similar to mine, don't expect to give up the concealers anytime soon. But it's a good step in a more natural, light direction, and I'd recommend it if you're willing to mix things up a bit!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by chrisaro

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this on the weekends when I don't want to wear a lot of heavy make up. It provides light coverage. I have to powder it because it is a little shiny. Overall I really like it. Costwise its about the same as other foundations...about $11. It has SPF which is good since I'm in the sun on weekends. I thought it would turn my oily skin into a greasepit since its basically a tinted moisturizer. By late afternoon i barely had to blot. I would purchase again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this in my European magazine and was sceptic at first (as I never use/don't like Maybelline products much) and didn't know what BB stands for. Anyway, I decided to give it a try and was really amazed about the results!

Pros:
- No weird smell
- Easy to apply
- Light-Medium coverage
- Does not shine
- Skin feels matte all day long
- Price

Cons:
- Comes off at the end of day... *
- Not great for very hot weather
- I am not sure if it did or not break me out a little

However, I like this foundation (or tinted moisturizer) a lot. It's cheap and easy solution for days I do not want full coverage.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No