July 31, 2014 | 1946 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by 950NorthMain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used Colorstay foundation on and off since it launched many years ago. No matter what high end foundation I use I always have an open bottle of Colorstay Combination/Oily foundation, even though I have very dry skin. . I have bought every iteration of Colorstay that Revlon has made to mostly meh results but have never been more impressed with a drugstore foundation than I have been with the whipped creme version.
I am lighter than an NC 15 and use Buff since it has a great yellow leaning tone. The color of Buff in this new foundation is almost identical to the Buff color of the Combination/Oily. However, this new one does not oxidize at all. It does not have the "paint-like" smell or feel either. (Neither of which bother me anyway!) The texture is not what constitutes whipped in cosmetics these days. There is nothing foamy or squishy about the formula. It has a wonderful melt in your skin quality. The coverage is higher than the Comibation/Oily version. Not quite full but pretty close. I don't usually use setting powder for any foundation any time of year any more but this foundation makes me want to dust some on a bit. The foundation wears evenly until I take it off at the end of the day.
The quality of this foundation is exceptional for any price point. I am really really impressed and it has already become my every day foundation.

24 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by zoey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne prone skin that is sensitive also (due to Retin A Micro for cystic acne). I've been using mineral foundation (loose powder) for 6 years & loving it! But every once in awhile, I like to mix it up a bit, out of sheer boredom.

So I heard about this foundation but was skeptical if it would work on my oily skin, which usually strips off any cream or liquid foundation within hours. Since this was from the ColorStay line, I figured I might as well give it a try.

I got it on sale at Walgreen (30% off, so it was $9.49) for a great price. First of all, I found it very difficult to choose a shade. The glass jar makes the foundation color appear much lighter than it really is. I'm NC35 & chose Natural Tan, which is about a shade darker than my skintone, but since summer is approaching, it will probably be perfect once I get a little darker.

First of all, a little goes a long way. Don't use too much. It is highly pigmented & concentrated. A few small dabs spread evenly over my entire face.

I really put this foundation to the test by doing 30 minutes of cardio & 15 minutes of weights at the gym while wearing it. I dabbed at my sweat with a (dark) towel & found that most of it lasted through my workout.

I'll report back a few weeks later, since today was my first day wearing it. So far, so good. It didn't seem to make my skin oilier either, which is good.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 3:20:00 AM More reviews by tentacles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After trying a wide array of HE and DS foundations, I think I may have found my HG. First off, you just can't beat this kind of quality for the price. I got this at Harmon's for about $10. It comes in a pretty large jar, so you do get quite a big bang for your buck.

My skin is NC15 with neutral-yellow undertones, and Buff is a pretty good match. I have combo skin that leans more toward the dry side with some mild dry patches on my cheeks. This foundation, when applied with my fingers, melts right onto my skin and feels as if it's lotion. I don't know if it moisturizes my skin, but my dry patches instantly invisible upon application. It doesn't take long to blend, but does need a setting powder on top of it as it can feel a little sticky. Setting powder is also necessary if you like your foundation a little more matte, as this does give off more of a dewy finish. As for staying power, I put this foundation on today at about 1 pm. It is now 2 am (yes, I'm up late just to rave about this product), and IT'S STILL HERE! No oxidation, no dry patches, no shiny spots. I suspect the setting powder might have something to do with it, but hey, I'm someone who's used to foundation melting off after 3-4 hours. The packaging advertises that this product can last 24 hours; however, I'm quite skeptical of this. I'm too fearful of leaving this on for that long for the sake of my easily-clogged pores. Consistency is thicker than most foundations I've tried, but it's definitely easy to work with. It provides a medium coverage and is quite buildable on any troublesome spots. No concealer needed, hoorah!

My only vice with this is the packaging. While I do like the sleek look of a glass jar, I'd prefer a more sanitary pump for this. Because its in a jar, it's quite easy to scoop up too much product. A little goes a long way with this stuff, so do be careful when scooping it out.

Overall, I'm super pleased with this foundation. I was afraid that it's long-lasting power would mattify my face and accentuate my dryness, but it does the complete opposite. Also, I haven't had a single breakout yet since trying it. For ten bucks, I am one happy camper.

EDIT: I uploaded a picture of the ingredient list for your guys' convenience. This foundation contains salicylic acid, which is great for you acne-prone ladies, but might not be the best for those with really sensitive skin.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Honeybabe39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the newest foundation in the Colorstay line; it's main claim being that it has 24 hour wear and a "bouncy whipped formula that feels ultra light and silky smooth". It comes in a heavy glass jar and weighs in at only .8 fl oz - surprising given the large packaging. The price at Rite Aid was $13.99, but they were having a 40% off Revlon sale, so it was quite a deal.
The foundation isn't as thick as I was expecting, it feels very light, soft and smooth and truly seems to blend into the face rather than sit on top of it. Coverage depends on how heavy handed you are with it. I would advise using only a very small amount at first - you really do not need a lot to acheive a beautiful medium coverage finish - and building in layers on the areas that need a little more coverage. I used my fingers to apply and I think that's what really allows this makeup to seemingly melt into skin. With Colorstay pressed powder over it and Photoready Primer under, I am looking fresh and shine free for about 4-5 hrs (I am quite oily), but all I have to do is blot and my makeup still looks great for about 8-10 hrs, which isn't bad, but nowhere near 24 hrs!
The shades are quite limited right now; I am tan so I got the darkest option, Medium Beige and it works wonderfully. It has a very nice neutral undertone - no pink or orange cast to it at all, so it looks very natural on. This is hands down the most luxe feeling foundation at the drugstore, and it also performs well - I would highly reccommend trying it. Only gripe is that a squeeze tube would be the best packaging option.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No