Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.6

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 1/22/2012 10:58:00 PM

Complete crap. I was suckered in by the cute packaging, which is the only plus this stuff has going for it. It actually dried out my lips something awful. Moral of the story: never send in a cute Maybelline product to do a Chapstick's job. >:/

on 1/22/2012 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in grapevine & was so excited about this, but what a let down!
1) no flavor or scent. This might be a plus for some but not for me. With fruity names, I expected...something, anything...
2) it lasts about 5 minutes. Then you have to reapply. Drink or eat something and forget it, not even a memory of the stuff.
3) highly pigmented but with very little shine. I usually love pigmented glosses, balms, ect however, it settled into every line and chapped crack. Not pretty. The grapevine is more of a dark berry color and ages your lips if they are chapped even a bit. Not what I was expecting.
I wore this constantly all weekend hoping for a difference in my chapped lips. They are now worse than they were and I went through almost half of a tube bc it wore off so fast. The only thing i liked was the cute packaging. Oh well, live and learn. It was cheap so I didn't mind giving it a shot.

on 1/22/2012 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'll admit, I was initially super skeptical. I liked the cute packaging but the colors and scents threw me off. I have very dry sensitive skin and a very sensitive nose (strong smells and chemical smells make me nauseous and dizzy -it's a severe and recurring problem). In the end, the price, packaging, hydrating claims, and SPF won me over. I liked these, but in the end, went back to natural (as I always do) and am much more satisfied.

There is one more caveat, though. I was expecting sheer coverage -more of a "tint" like most reviews and the packaging promised. I got FULL-ON color.

on 1/22/2012 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Baby lips?HA!! - what a laugh
There's no way you'll get baby lips with this balm!!First off i am a lip balm fiend, i love lip balms and am always looking for a new one. I didnt like this as the sunscreen agents in this suCK. It has NO UVA protection whatsoever.. none. It only has UVB protection. Why is this crucial? Well UVA rays are the ones that age skin, they go deeper, break up collagen production, and stimulate melanin production, they make your ([lips] in this case) dry, shriveled, darker colored, and photo-aged. With only UVB protection youre shielded from a sunburn on your lips . Additionally, the petrolatum in this is only a seal of moisture(think vaseline or aquaphor), which there wouldnt be any to begin with if your lips are damaged from the sun! If you truly want baby lips again (undamaged, soft, and supple) look for ingredients that don't just seal in moisture but actually provide it. (well to be fair the shea butter is alright, it has fatty acids healthy for the skin but i digress) in addition you need sunscreen agents that are broad-spectrum, which covers both UVA and UVB, and STABLE (key word), so your lips will be shielded from photo-aging. I don't know what maybelline was thinking when they threw in the sunscreen agents, shame on them. I hate to give this such a bad review because i liked the fruity pebble-ish scent.
Discarded, will not repurchase, would not recommend.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I got "Quenched" the moisturizing version and "Pink Punch" after hearing a lot of hype. I like both for the price. Quenched is very moisturizing, I'ved had really dry lips this winter (to the point of splitting and bleeding!), and this actually helped. It has a nice sheen too.
The color on Pink Punch doesn't last very long on me. I was surprised that it does have plenty of pigment. It's not drying, but not as moisturizing as Quenched.
For the price, these are really nice and the packaging is cute. I'll buy again!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love baby lips! I bought this in sheer peppermint. I plan on going out and buying this product in pink punch, peach kiss, and quenched as well. As far as the peppermint flavor goes, it smells amazing and soaks in very well. After a few hours of sinking in, my lips do look a lot better. I've been using this product for about a week and a half and definitely seeing results. It's not the most amazing lip balm ever, because sometimes the corners of my lips get chapped, and it doesn't help to its fullest to un-chap them, but maybe I just need to be more patient with it. Overall, this is great product and I highly recommend it! I hope this review is helpful. :)

I bought this in the grape flavor. Color is a sheer purple that surprisingly goes well with my coloring (NW25) smells and tastes like concord grape. More moisturizing than chapstick. I find myself applying it all the time just for the smell alone. Will definitely repurchase.

I had to update to add... I never finish lipstick, gloss,balm, ETC.. I just finished my tube today.. Literally down to where I can't even scrape any out of the tube.... Addicted!

on 1/21/2012 7:35:00 PM

so i had to get one because i heard they were good and i am not disappointed! i got one in pink punch and it is a very pretty light pink color. it's very balmy and moisturizing which i really like. overall, they come in really cute colors and at a really good price! i'd definitely check them out; they're one of my favorite drugstore products right now!

on 1/20/2012 2:09:00 PM

I picked this up in Cherry Me, because I am a sucker for sheer red lip products and I'd heard good things. It's just okay. I don't find it terribly moisturizing, and I have to reapply it often to keep that balmy feeling on my lips. The color is also more of a dark pinky red than the bright cherry red I was expecting.

Not terrible, but nothing special.

on 1/20/2012 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love love love this product! Cherry Me is the prettiest color on my lips. It's dirt cheap but feels super luxe! My favorite lip product by far!

Popular Lip Treatments