Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.5

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 2/2/2012 11:10:00 AM

I bought this product in clear peppermint (it was the only one left).

I am a lip balm hoarder, but this is my absolute favourite lip balm! I am a notorious lip biter/peeler (really bad habit!) and this balm got rid of my cracked lips and loose skin. My lips look flawless - very smooth and soft. I no longer bite or peel my lips :) I am very happy.

on 2/2/2012 9:27:00 AM

I heard people rave about these and saw empty displays at stores. I bought 3 when I could finally find them in stock ( the clear, pink & purple). They are just ok. I wouldn't purchase them again. I don't think they work better than any other balm. The purple/grape one gives lips a nice color. I've gotten compliments on that one. The pink is a horrible bright bubble gum pink that I would never wear in public. It came in a double pack with the clear, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.

on 2/2/2012 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Like most of the product consumers, I bought Baby Lips Quench (the blue with pink writing) after seeing the commercial. I should have read the reviews before buying the lip balm. The lip balm did make my lips feel soft after a few uses. But overall, it is not my favorite. It has a waxy, oily feel to it. My lips actually feel drier after applying the balm. The taste is nasty. I'll be sticking with Burt's Bees.

on 2/1/2012 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I bought two Baby Lips because I saw the commercials, and I really liked the cool packaging. Unfortunately, I was really disappointed in them. I bought Pink Punch and Quenched. They have an SPF of 15, and I can taste an aftertaste of sunscreen. They feel greasy when I apply them and definitely don't last the 8 hours the company claims they do. And the color of Pink Punch was really opaque, like those tinted zinc oxide sunblocks lifeguards wear. They also left my lips feeling dry. I think it's safe to say I won't be buying Baby Lips again.

on 1/31/2012 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I got this in the cherry one, the pigmentation on this is about mediun. It's got a glossy finish. It is ok for moisturizing. I have very dry lips so I didn't expect too much from it. It didn't make my lips peel. The reason i give this 3 lippies is because i can't stand the way it smells. It is a cheap cherry scent. Has a bit of an artificial tasre. It bleeds, and it is difficult to get it even on the lips. So overall, i would use it ul but i would not repurchase.

on 1/31/2012 11:26:00 PM

I was tempted to buy this because of the reviews although I was a little skeptical. I'm not going to say this is the most amazing lip balm ever but it's pretty good! I bought this in the pink punch color as I thought it would be pigmented and it looked like a pretty color. The balm goes on relatively smoothly and made my lips look super glossy. As far as the color goes, it made my lips look like there was a tint of pink, which I really like. The staying power is average but it is pretty moisturizing. It smells AMAZING. I love how fragrant it is and I would really like to buy this in another color.

on 1/31/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Wont purchase it again. I dont really understand why those lips balm are supposed to be wonderful, but I dont like them very much. I got the Pink Punch and Cherry Me. I like cherry me the most, the color is not fake and it looks good on my lips. But Pink Punch is just awful for me..a very fake color , I look like a doll when I wear this..anyway, I regret buying this product. They are mosturizing, but not that much.

Let me start off by saying that I loved this product at first.
Maybelline and I have a pretty good relationship, I love their eyestudio liners and mascaras. I thought they were about to establish themselves as a go-to drugstore makeup for me.

Now I bought these only 8 days ago. Not a long time, but then again I think some people write reviews in less than a couple days. I purchased Peach Kiss and Pink Punch, and I was initially pretty smitten. I love nude lips, I know some people on here do not but I actually like that concealer lip look and I found Peach Kiss to be a subtle, shimmery nude lip. Pink Punch was a pretty opaque pink considering this is a lip balm. I loved the packaging and the fruity scents.

I came on here a few days ago and I was surprised to find some horrible reviews on Baby Lips, lots of people claimed they dried their lips out. I wasn't super impressed with their moisturizing effect, but I didn't think they dried my lips... Untill today when I woke up with a friggin cold sore. Now, I get cold sores rather frequently and if you do not get them, bless your lucky stars because they totally suck. I've had them since longer than I can remember. They definitely started before the age of 10. Cold sores can be caused by lots of things, too much stress, too much sun, too much cold and even dry lips... I'm not going to say that Baby Lips gave me a cold sore, but they by no means gave me any "baby lips" or "the lips I was born with." Could they have contributed? I think it's possible. Maybe my lips are just not used to them and with time they will not cause any outbreaks, but I'm not so sure I want to try, to be honest.

Maybe they will make a nice cold sore concealing lip product.

on 1/31/2012 2:13:00 PM

I was initially drawn to this product through it's advertising. I always tend to buy lip products according to how cute the packaging is (a bad habit). I bought the "Grape Vine" flavor for $4.05 at CVS since it was the only one left. I later went to Walgreen's only to find a wider selection all priced at $2.99. So far (it's been two days) I am happy with this chap-stick. It does not go on dark. It has a light sheer berry tone when applied. I am pretty fair skinned. My lips definitely feel softer and I find the pinkish tint to be a plus.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love these!
The colors are awesome and they smell so yummy! I find them very moisturizing for me, will definitely repurchase!

Popular Lip Treatments