October 2, 2014 | 1848 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2004 4:03:00 PM More reviews by ejana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

**UPDATE** I've continued to use this oil everyday for over a month. It's my new HG! It works just as well as the Balancing Infusion, and is so much cheaper.
I have only just started using this product. I have used Aveda's Balancing Infusion for Oily Skin for several years - it's worked very well but is quite pricey. Woulda thought putting oil on my oily skin would have any beneficial effects, but the Balancing Infusion really works. I had a look at the infusion's main ingredients, and learned that jojoba oil is the base carrier. The Desert Essense feels almost the same as the Aveda product, though I think I use only 1-2 drops of the Desert Essence and 2-3 drops for the Aveda (which costs $18 for 0.33oz).
I used a dropper to transfer the some Desert Essense into an empty Aveda Infusion bottle, so I can control the amount of oil that comes out. I'll update soon as to how well this product stands up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2004 12:42:00 PM More reviews by laureg

jojoba oil is the BEST eye makeup remover there is. i don't use this as a moisturizer, but after using it for one week to remove mascara, eye makeup, you will notice that your lashes are thicker and healthier. jojoba oil is actually a liquid wax, and not really an oil (if you put it in the fridge it hardens uniformly) which is why i think it causes the break outs people report. it's also great mixed with lavender oil to put on dry skin patches, or for raw or inflamed skin. it also works well applied to the hair and scalp as a hair treatment for dry hair (saturate cotton ball, apply to hair strands, wrap in plastic bag for 20 mins, shampoo out). a very versatile beauty product, it has so many uses!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2004 10:12:00 AM More reviews by equity

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Texture A yellow-gold oil which absorbs quickly and doesn't sit on skin. Doesn't feel thick or greasy or slimy - I like to apply a thin film over my face and let sink in. This is the only moisturizer I trust!
Price EXTREMELY cheap. This bottle will last you for ages. Apparently jojoba oil has a very very long shelf life, so this isn't likely to go rancid too quickly. I need to find shops which stock this in Singapore!

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2004 9:21:00 PM More reviews by LovingMe830

This is the ONLY product I use for removing Mascara, it is the very best in the world! Jojoba has many benefits for skin and hair too, but as a Eye-make-up remover there is nothing that comes close ( even the mos stubborn waterproof Mascara easily comes off!!!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2004 6:58:00 PM More reviews by honeybearkitty

I love using this to take off my makeup. When I use Revlon Colorstay makeup, this is the only thing that can take it off gently. It takes off eye makeup too. The only thing that I hate is the packaging. A dropper bottle would be much less messy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2004 5:10:00 PM More reviews by fort

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't use this on my face because it breaks me out, but I've found it to be a terrific answer to my upper-back woes. I break out on my upper back, but the skin there is also really dry and feels horrible if I don't moisturize it (I can't use regular moisturizers there because it worsens the acne). I found that when I started applying Jojoba Oil to my upper back after washing and exfoliating with Sage Body Luffa, my breakouts are reduced greatly and my skin feels softer and less irritated. I will repurchase this for use as a back moisturizer/therapy.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2004 9:32:00 AM More reviews by babydee

i bought this reading the great reviews...the packaging sucks cuz it gets everywhere, and i got little red bumps all over my face the day i used it. It does turn matte and u don't look oily, but at the end of the day i was broken out in places i never break out. Won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2004 5:45:00 PM More reviews by yoshipeach

I originally bought this for my face. It didn't do much to purify my pores but it didn't break me out either. I gave up on it and it was sitting under my sink for months, but then I decided I would try adding it to my shampoo and see how it worked on my hair. I think this stuff is making my hair grow faster. It's grown like 2 inches this month. My hair also is a lot shinier and healthier. I will definitely keep using it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2004 9:32:00 PM More reviews by imaladybug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this primarily as a cuticle oil. On occasion, I put just a tiny bit in my hair to condition it & give it a piecey look at the ends. An inexpensive, versatile product to have on hand. (Got a good deal @ Trader Joe's.)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2004 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Amy0207

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The jojoba oil is definily good for dry skin or flaky patches. I put this overnight and when i wake up in the morning the flaky around my cheeks looks very smooth and hydra. The only problem i have is i have 1 or 2 red bump after i used the oil. They are not pimples and it's not growing it just stay there its going away slowly. My skin usually don't breakout except for the time of the month. I have small pores and dry skin.