Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 1/9/2005 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product is a miracle and I can't preach about it enough. For years I have been using Nivea Crean on my face and it was all that I needed. But in the last couple of years my face started to get very dry and stingy and started to develop rosacea. I searched everywhere, purchased many many products to no avail, spent big time $$$. When a friend of mine mentioned MUA sight...that's when I learned of Jojoba Oil...reading the many positive effects ...I was now on a mission to find this product. I'm from Canada so it was very difficult to get...after a few mts thankfully a friend of mine in the US found it...yeahhh.
Since then my face has been living a new and beautiful life..truthfully. I usually mix 2 or 3 drops with dove moistizer twice a day. The stingy feeling has disappeared, my skin feels brand new. The only thing I would caution is not to apply it too closely to the eye as the oil can cloud your vision a little.
I am now telling everyone about this fantastic product...it's worth a million to me.

on 1/9/2005 8:51:00 AM

First off, I do not use Desert Essence brand. I use Aura Cacia, which is available at Whole Foods. It is organic. I am not sure if this makes a big difference but I wanted to clarify.

I use Renova & aspirin mask on my face every other day. This does lead to the flakies often. No moisturizer has been effective enough in smoothing them down at certain times except this oil. I was afraid that it would break me out. It doesn’t at all. At first I used it straight, out of the bottle on my face. I liked it but felt it was too much, too greasy. Now I keep it in the shower and massage it on my face, after cleansing & rinse it off a bit with water. The amount that remains is perfect & at the same time, it seals the moisture in before my skin has a chance to start drying out. I blot my face to dry. It has been perfect. Give it a try!

on 1/6/2005 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

What a fantastic find! Great makeup remover- leaves skin and cuticles baby soft- and for me works beautifully as a night moisturizer. Thank you MUA!

on 12/23/2004 11:19:00 PM

Great versatile product. I use it at night on my face and it really helps my winter skin. Just a couple of drops in my palm and then I pat it on my face. The best thing is that it is natural and not full of gunk!

on 12/23/2004 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is such a versatile product. I use it on both my hair & skin. It really leaves my ends smooth & soft. When I use it on my skin, I either put in on directly or mix it with my regular moisturizer for extra moisturizing. I love it.

on 12/20/2004 8:13:00 PM

A great multi-purpose product! Now that it's dry wintertime, I love patting it on my face (don't rub - pat it on and let it soak in). A few drops can be mixed w/ your moisterizer to make it more moisterizing, use on your hair, cuticles - you name it. Used on my skin it never feels greasy - sinks right in! Use it consistently and you will see the difference. Just make sure you get this brand or another that is 100% pure for best results. A staple. Will repurchase!

on 12/20/2004 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is such a great product. It's classified here in p'ville as a moisturizer but I don't use this for my face and skin, instead I use it in my hair as a smoothing serum. I had been using Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine for this purpose (which I LOVED), but I wanted to get away from the alcohol in it and the -icones (not that my hair was drying out, I was switching as a precaution since I'm growing my hair out and need to take care of it more now.) The Garnier worked wonderful but I ended up switching to Aquage Ultra Shine Complex. This stuff was outstanding:killed frizzies, added shine, and had no alcohol...BUT it has a ton of -icones in it and was priced at $20 per ounce. I really needed something that was just as good as these other products but without all the chemicals. And I finally found it thanks to the hair board: 100% Pure Jojoba Oil. I found it at my local health food store for about $6, and it lasts a very long time since you only need like 2-3 drops (unlike my Garnier and Aquage where you needed 2-3 pumps.) I put it in my wet hair after shampooing and conditioning and it makes my hair very soft, smooth, no frizzies, and feeling moisturized. My hair has been looking really great as a result of this stuff. After my hairs dry (whether airdried or blow dried) I add a few more drops of this for excellent frizz control and tons of shine. You really can't beat this stuff: Inexpensive, no alcohol, no -icones, no chemicals, just 100% Pure Jojoba Oil. I honestly wish I'd have found this product sooner. Try some out on your hair instead of your current smoothing serum (not too much though) and I'm sure you'll be just as pleased.

on 12/16/2004 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I use a cheaper version of this-- NOW-- but if you buy from a high-quality store the prices are similar and the product is the same. I LOVE my jojoba oil. It's such a multipurpose product! I got some (and scented it with rose fragrance) to condition my long, dry hair overnight. I smooth a few capfuls onto the length and underneath, brush with boar bristle brush and braid for the night. This oil has really helped to heal and soften my dry hair-- I saw the difference in about two weeks using it every night. Every woman needs jojoba oil in her cabinet.

on 12/16/2004 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This oil is wonderful. I have very dry skin, after washing I leave my face wet and apply a few drops in my hands, rub together and lightly press onto my face. If absorbs so quickly I can use it under my moisture rich foundation. I have been using this oil for about a month, and have had numerous people say my skin looks great..I purchased at Trader Joe's for $6.99.-I have since found it much cheaper at vitacost.com

on 12/11/2004 1:56:00 PM

I bought this product at Trader Joe's for $6.99 after reading the glowing reviews. I agree, my complexion looks very nice with this under my makeup. I use two drops smoothed onto my slightly damp with water face. I receive compliments on my skin. Never before would I get compliments.
Before I used this I would look into the bathroom mirror wishing I could find a skin product to give me a healthy looking skin. Now, because of this website, I have found it. UPDATE: 07/03/05: I am still using the same bottle - it lasts and lasts. Get compliments on my skin. Each night I massage a few drops of the oil into my scalp and wash my hair in the a.m. It gives life to my poor quality hair. I have started putting just one drop smoothed lightly over my just washed and dried thin hair to give it a healthy appearance. So glad I found out about Desert Essence Jojoba Oil on this site!

Popular Moisturizers