December 20, 2014 | 1680 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2004 1:05:00 AM More reviews by gosugo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super dry skin which always flakes. The oil is unscented. I tried my cousin's vitamin E oil from Trader Joe's and it smelled like old vegetable cooking oil. If I use it once a day after washing my face, I would still get flakes. If I use it twice a day, then the flakes are gone. Also I put the oil in an empty bottle of Avon Clearly C serum and it lets me pump out as much as I need. It's a pretty cheap moisturizer and I can use it on my legs. Overall, it's a bargain for what you get, an excellent moisturizing oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2004 6:04:00 PM More reviews by shob

I like the consistency of this oil and the brand is good. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2004 2:16:00 AM More reviews by juicylucy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great stuff! I use this on my extra dry skin as a special treat-it feels wonderful and moisturizing. You only need a drop, so the bottle will last a long time. I got mine at my local health food store.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2004 8:11:00 PM More reviews by chicabow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I mix this with PC's cleanser to take off makeup and I love it! Takes everything off, cleans and moisturizes! Love it! $7 Health Food Stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2004 9:09:00 PM More reviews by kalikaiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The packaging is a tad ridiculous. But this product is SO versatile: you can use it for your hair, your body, to remove makeup, etc. And this is a fabulous night-time moisturizer. I use St. Ives Apricot Invigorating Scrub at night, then put Jojoba oil on my face, and my skin looks SO smooth and radiant in the morning. It gives your face this great glowing sheen. Please try this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2004 8:11:00 AM More reviews by travelhi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Read thru all the reviews. Some clarification needed.

This is best for very dry skin on both face & body. Particulary good for those suffering from rosacea, dermatitis & eczema.

I have both rosacea & eczema. Works fantastically to smoothen, soothe, soften & remove red patches on my face & body. Commercial moisturizers were Not able to do the job. Took me so long to discover the medicinal qualitites of Desert Essence jojoba oil.

I have been using it for almost 2 years so far so good. In fact excellent!!!

For those of u with normal, combo skin, my advice is that u apply only 1 to 2 small drops. For those dermatitis sufferers, apply as much as needed to soothe & smoothen. Look at the mirror.

The correct technique for application for ALL skin types is:
Make sure yr facial or body skin is wet or moist depending on the degree of dryness of yr skin, u can gauge this easily thru yr sensory perception. Then, apply the moisturizer by gently rubbing the jojoba oil together with the droplets of water on yr face in circular motion. Remember there MUST be water on skin to apply the jojoba oil. As to the amount of water, judge for yourself.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2004 9:40:00 PM More reviews by tuas

Have been using this off and on for a few years now. Someone told me it is very similar to the oils of our own skin, and therefore great to use. I love this! I use it on my under-eye area, and it gives me a little glow! Fantastic as a body-oil as well. Moisturizing, absorbs quickly. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2004 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Kate123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Used this on my face for a little while as a moisturizer, at first it seemed great... then my skin went back to it's freaky ways and broke out big time. :-( I am trying sunflower oil now to see if it works better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2004 6:12:00 PM More reviews by jnnlw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's an average moisturizer, perhaps suitable for normal-to-dry skin. But, unfortunately, not very moisturizing for my very dry facial skin. I liked the warm sensation it gave when I spread it on my skin. I liked that I could slather it everywhere without having to worry about the price (it's so cheap!). I'm still looking for a better face moisturizer, but I like to use this on my legs...it gives it a nice sheen!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2004 5:28:00 PM More reviews by misslorraine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first got the idea to try jojoba oil as a moisturizer after reading numerous recomendations on MakeupAlley. Let me just say, that for those of us with very dry skin, this stuff rocks! It really is one of the best, if not THE best moisturizer I've ever used on my skin. A little bit goes a long way, though! I mostly concentrate it on my forehead and the bridge of my nose, since those are the driest areas of my face and tend to flake the most noticeably when I wear makeup. Happily, the jojoba oil keeps the flaking completely under control... It's the only moisturizer I've ever tried that actually is able to eliminate the flakes! It can be a little greasy after you first apply it, so give it about five minutes between applying it to your face and putting on foundation or concealer. I've found that my skin absorbs it really well if given a few minutes, leaving it soft and with no shine. Can't rave enough about it! :-)