Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 3/25/2004 9:33:00 AM

I have sensitive skin that occasionally flares up with rosacea and breakouts. Ever since my pregnancy, my skin has been very dry and scaly - especially my cheeks and chin. I tried everything out there to soothe my skin (I even put Aquaphor on my face - it worked well but very greasy). I finally tried Cetaphil cream - WOW. My face looks 100% better. No more dryness or flaking. My face has never felt smoother (I've tried everything from Kiehl's to Darphin to Neutrogena). The best part is NO BREAKOUTS. I'm hooked.

on 3/25/2004 7:26:00 AM

It's not a bad product, altho I haven't used it in awhile and have gone to more natural moisturizers but it is nice and it is heave, so if you need a moisturizer like a heavy one this one is for you, yet I sort of found it to be a little greasy, not too bad just a little. Yet it's still good and I use it once and a while.

on 3/25/2004 7:08:00 AM

How do I love Cetaphil Cream? Let me count the ways! This stuff is *amazing* I could not live without it. I even use this around my eye area with no problems....it is the BEST.

on 3/24/2004 10:58:00 PM

Cetaphil cream, how do I love thee. This actually moisturizes the heck out of my combo/breakout-prone/somewhat sensitive skin when I'm having the flakies from BHA, cold winter weather, etc, and it makes a lovely night cream. Not very greasy, entirely un-pore-clogging for me, absolutely wonderful :)

on 3/24/2004 12:46:00 AM

I had very, very dry skin one winter and tried this because I was told by derm. it was "trusted." It burned my skin and I turned red. Very disappointing. Cetaphil does not deserve its derm. hype.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So, I really wanted the most basic, rich moisturizer I could find. Bought a big tub of this at Costco with high hopes. It caused tiny, skin-colored bumps all over my face, in areas where I usually do not get break-outs (temples, bridge of nose). So, will not be using this anymore, and the hunt continues for a good rich cream w/out fancy schmancy ingredients.

Great stuff. I have combination skin with oily T-zone and dry patches on my cheeks and chin, with lots of flakes due to Retin-A and avid BHA and BP use. In other words, my skin is a nightmare. I love my St.Ives Oil Free Moisturizer, but I needed heavy-duty moisturizer for my dry spots and flakes. This does the job perfectly, and thankfully does not cause breakouts on my excruciatingly sensitive acne-prone skin. My only complaint is that it sits on my skin for a LONG time before drying up or absorbing completely, which can be kind of a pain in the ass when I'm applying powder foundation (which changes color when my skin is moist). Oh, and it would be perfect if it had SPF 15 or greater. But I'll make do...this is definitely my after-sunset moisturizer of choice.

on 3/21/2004 10:03:00 PM

the cheapest, best moisturizer on the planet. since i started using cetaphil, my skin has looked bright and beautiful. it has never been calmer and clearer. at 10 dollars for a giant tub, i am sold!

on 3/19/2004 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

this creme has saved me from tight, dry, flaky skin! i use it on my face and body in the winter and it's the only thing that will keep my skin hydrated all day. it runs around $10-11 for a giant tub that has lasted me two winters. please note: cetaphil also makes a LOTION that is totally different than the CREME. The lotion is sold in a pump and is ten times lighter than the creme - so check the labels when you are purchasing.

on 3/10/2004 3:16:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I wasn't sure whether to review this under face care or body care, so I guess I'll try here. I can definitely see this as a staple in my medicine cabinet. No, I wouldn't use this all over my face (normal-combo skin here), but I do use it for dry patches on my skin in the winter and for any other generic dry patches (face or body). It's 100% fragrance-free, not just "fragrance-free" w/ a weird chemical smell, and hasn't irritated my skin at all (though I don't have very sensitive skin). It's a bit thick for my tastes to use as a body cream, but a little tube of the stuff will be present in the bathroom from now on. I also use this on my lips under balms w/ nice results.