Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

I use this as a body cream and it is absolutely fantastic! I have very dry skin and the majority of the products don't work for me but this does! Plus it's fragrance free (I generally hate generic fragranced body lotions, they totally stink IMO). I'm not so sure I would use this on my face though, but it's terrific for my body!

Huge rave from me!!! I only need a dab of this for the right moisture. I make sure to dilute this a bit with a DROP of water other wise I don't like the consistency of this thicker cream. I like it because it has not made me breakout one bit and the plus, leaves my skin dewy looking - not greasy! No fragrance. I bought the small green tube.

I can't use this all over my face (ok, I'm scared to) but I don't really need moisture all over my face. I use this if I get dry skin and I just use it in the areas where it's really dry. The thing I like about this is it hasn't made me break out, it really does moisturize, and it's cheap!

on 5/11/2004 4:16:00 AM

Please see my review on Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.

My skin hasn't been this clear and bright for a long time. I just love it!

on 5/10/2004 2:59:00 PM

I absolutely adore this cream. The consistency is perfect - not runny and not too thick or hard to spread, but a perfect middle ground. It glides on the skin. Plus, to me, there's something nifty about whipping out the plain green tube that cost $6 and beautifully moisturizes skin to a healthy glow, instead of a tiny tube of algae or cavier that costs $180. I like to use this as a night cream and eye cream, too. It cured three very, very dry patches I had on my face (due to BP) overnight. I have combo skin, so this might be a wee bit too heavy for the day (specifically, in my t-zone), but it's great as a night cream. Thanks MUA, for recommending this!

on 5/9/2004 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

When traveling, I always bring a tube of this...it's a great all-over moisturizer for face & body. I have breakout-prone skin, and this is the only product w/petroleum in it that doesn't clog my pores. (It's strange how this is thicker than Cetaphil lotion, yet it doesn't break me out like the lotion does.) It's a nice, non-medicated cream - very handy to use together w/AHA or BHA products...helps to alleviate any dryness or flaking caused by strong treatment skincare.

on 5/2/2004 1:36:00 PM

Cetaphil cream works great for my very sensitive, dry skin. And you can't beat the price, since it's available at Costco for around $8 dollars for a giant tub. Leaves skin soft and unirritated.

on 4/25/2004 9:53:00 AM

For the past couple of years I used this on occasion on my face at night, but never on consecutive nights. I tried it all over my face 3 nights in a row and I kept waking up to slightly dull skin with a bit of a waxey residue. My skin just felt clogged, and sure enough, I broke out in many zits around my face. I stopped use of it, and my skin cleared up. So now I'm just using it as my nightly hand cream. Since this review is in the "face" section, I have to give it 1 "lippie". As a hand cream, though, I give it 5!!!!!  For a nightime face moisturizer I prefer Sage's Old Lady Cream (ultra soothing & awesome under bp/bha & after waxing upper lip).

on 4/25/2004 9:51:00 AM

on 4/25/2004 9:49:00 AM

I use this as my nightly hand cream and LOVE it! Feels so soft and fresh on my skin. I buy it in the 3 oz. tube, as it's more sanitary than the huge 16 oz. tub. Although, the tub is a much better value.