November 21, 2014 | 973 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Cyberkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so in love with this foundation. It's the best I've ever tried. It's not too heavy but I can build it up in certain areas without getting a caked on look. I don't even use a concealer under my eyes anymore, because this does the same job. It has a natural looking glow to it which I love and what sets it apart from the other foundations I have used. I have to be careful with the moisturizers I use though because if they are too heavy, it gives the foundation a greasy look. I feel like I have such beautiful, flawless, young looking skin when I wear this and it seems to help smooth out wrinkles and never settles into my lines like most of my other foundations do. Please give this a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by portbou7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am quite surprised how this works so well for everyone. I dont have dry skin at the moment actually its normal and well hydrated and this foundation attached itself to the nonexistent patches of dry skin and I had a hard time buffing it out. It doesn't glide on the skin as I expected and def. did not see any glow/ luminosity etc. However it is nice coverage without being thick or visible on the skin.. so maybe the charm works for oily/combination skin...

I would recommend especially for normal-dry skin girls to try this on before purchasing, and not just go by all the hype..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by machrina

This is my new favorite!! I use it for about a month now and i absolutely love it. It covers it stays there all day and its the first foundation that i dont have to set it with powder. I had some breakouts but not sure if they were caused by this i will update if so. My color is deauville. Other foundations i have used: BB skin foundation no.2 , GA lasting uv no.5 , chanel pro and mat lumiere no.20, ysl teint resist no.4, dior nude no.20.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by stephanieis12345

i absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation. I am in stromboli and it looks amazing.... my boyfriend said that i look younger and that my skin looks really soft, he said that i didn't look like i was wearing any makeup but my skin looked flawless. it's a medium coverage foundation but that's all i need, plus it doesn't get cakey. it looks awesome in photos and if i set it with a light layer of powder... it does not budge!! the only thing i don't like is that it doesn't have a pump :/ and it is a bit pricey for a foundation... but i really love this product and it has become my HG foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My color is Deauville and this is my favorite foundation Ever. I have tried a bunch of Mac foundations and they have always been just a little to red.. except for c1 in the face and body. But then I bought this at Sephora and Hubby even noticed the change and says how great my foundation looks.. and it's his favorite ever. It looks so natural and not nasty.. and it is just so amazing. I think I will be buying this foundation till the day I die.
I have dry skin.. And I moisturize,and then use macs prep and prime then Macs strobe liquid and I put this on with a sponge and it looks amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by mareeyah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm very picky about foundation since I rarely wear it because of that "makeup-ey" look. But I do want that flawless look when I'm going out for a special occasion. I bought this because it's typically sheer, but can be buildable. It's similar to MAC's Mineralize Satinfinish SPF foundation but doesn't contain the shimmer that MAC's foundation has. It's great for evening out skin tone but does not cover sun spots or freckles very well. It does soften up their appearance, but you'll have to wear concealer under or over first. I wear it in the color Punjab, and I'm typically an NC30 or C3 in MAC. The color matches me really well, and they have around 3-4 different shades in each color category (light, medium, or dark) to match your skin tone. I like to set this foundation with a transparent powder so that its sets as natural as possible. If you use colored foundation or even Studio Fix powder, it lays down too thick making your face look very powdered. Plus, the purpose of this foundation is to make it look as natural as possible. If you're looking for sheer to medium coverage, then this foundation will work out great for you. The only downside I've found is it costs almost twice as much as MAC foundations. I got mine for $42 plus tax at my Sephora. This product also DOES NOT come with a pump, nor was a pump available for purchase for this product at Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by taliajune

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I have ever tried. It has a medium buildable coverage and a satin finish. I wear the shade 'Benares' which is not available at Sephora. You need very little of this foundation; it has a wonderful formula that spreads easily. The best application method for this foundation is using a beauty blender- 2nd best would be to use your fingers. Using a brush is not the best application method for this foundation. I get "beautiful skin" compliments when I wear this foundation.
There are two slight Cons though: 1) (packaging) where is the friggin pump?! and 2) (formula) there is slight transfer when wearing this foundation (it doesn't fully set) perhaps that's what makes it look glowy...
Will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 6:50:00 AM More reviews by cserannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin but with primer/powder, you can't tell. I love this foundation because it doesn't look like a mask, absolutely wearable, yet covers that you want to hide. I bought Mont Blanc (I am a NW20) and it seems a tiny bit light but I add a little bronzer and it's perfect. During the day, it won't turn into orange or a darker shade. It stays in place and doesn't look shiny, just gives you a decent dewy look. I am happy with it but I want a pump for heaven sake!!!!

Edit: The hype is over at least for me. Now I find it too sheer for my oily skin. Maybe because it's September now, but I want something with more coverage, more matifying power!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by babyscorpion

I am on the love wagon of this foundation. I really love it. The consistency, the application, the color, the staying power. I do love it. The only negative i find is the packaging. For a $40+ foundation i do expect a pump on it. I feel i do use more product without the pump, therefore i do end up using more product. The coverage of this foundation is more medium, therefore i do feel the need of using concelear to cover imperfections. Other than that, i love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by jeremyswife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I guess this foundation is just not for me! I've heard nothing but great things on youtube about this foundation and i've read nothing but great reviews about it so I hate to be someone to talk bad about this foundation but I REALLY do not like it at all! The foundation itself is very pretty it almost has a irredescent look it reminds me of Clinique's even better foundation. I've been using this foundation for two months i really wanted to love it but it just looks too blotchy. I live in a very humid area and this stuff just slides off my face about a hours or so after I apply it and my face is not oily. When i put this on in my house i look gorgeous but within a couple of hours I look horrible! I will be sticking to my Lancome Teint Idole foundation its by far the best foundation ever! It doesn't break me out and it stayed on my face and looked flawless during 14 hours of labor with my daughter! Not too many foundations can do that!