July 28, 2014 | 1730 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by thinkpink241

After trying to find my perfect colour for my EXTREMELY PALE SKIN over the last couple years in a non-drying/caky foundation, it has been an expensive venture. After wasting money on MAC, Clinique, Cover fx etc etc... I was finally exposed to this GREAT product.

I am the lightest shade 106 in this foundation and I use my MAC 187 to stiple it on and blend the product in. Some days I want a more sheer coverages and other days I want full coverage. This foundation can do exactly that for me WITHOUT looking like I am wearing makeup. Seriously, this foundation goes INTO your skin.. and does not feel like it is a mask sitting ontop!

I would reccommend this foundation to anyone who has very pale skin.. and wants medium to full buildable coverage.

I took a lippy off for the price. In Canada it was 46$ before taxes at Sephora. A bit steep for me. As well.. you only get a small amount of product, so I will be using sparingly. The packaging is a bit deceiving because it is a tube within a tube.. but the pump is fantastic :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Sarraaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got this foundation only a week, but yesterday it really made me love it. I saw a few reviews about how this foundation didnt last all day. Yesterday I went to work from 13 till 18 after that I went to dinner, bowling and a club and it still was perfect when I got home at 4.30 at night without any touch ups. So it really worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by LadyDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the second Summer I have used this foundation. I have it in #125 (Sand). I use it on special occassions - weddings, christenings etc, going out clubbing, night events and so on.

The tricks I have learnt to make it work for my oily skin - a little goes a long way, use a primer first, always mix a bit of MAC Strobe cream with it to make it light and natural, apply powder after. I like the way it makes my skin look smooth and polished.

When I use it all up I am not positive if I will repurchase. If I feel the urge to try something new I will but if I can't decide, I am happy to buy Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by MSMKUP

This has been the best foundation I have tried yet. I have oily skin and usually liquid foundation ends up looking cakey and even more oily but this one feels light and blends well. My skin still continues to be oily but not close to being as oily with other foundations. This foundation covered my sunburn well and even my red spots.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by xmascara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awful foundation for my dry skin :

- looks cakey.
- makes it even drier.
- shows dry patches I didn't even know.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by kevynaucoin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have fair skin , but now that I am older, I also have some redness which I detest ! I didn't know which shade to get, and I must say the girl at Sephora was such a doll. She was very helpful and we determined 117 was the right shade for me. They happened to be out of it that day, so she gave me a sample which was enough to last me over a week ! I love this foundation because it definitely covers all of the redness and it looks like real skin.
The trick is to use a stippling brush. I purchased Sephora's platinum line stippling brush (the girl at the store didn't push this on me. I learned about the stippling brush from a you tube video).
I pump one time from the HD foundation into the palm of my hand, and then I just press the stippling brush into it and sweep the foundation all around and over my face. I do this until the foundation is totally gone from my palm. It really does work. The color is a perfect match for my fair skin (even though it looks too dark in the bottle) and it totally covers my imperfections, but it doesn't look the least bit cakey. It looks like true skin. Very happy with this foundation. And yes, it is a bit pricey at $40, but I've paid even more for Chanel, and the Chanel can't touch this !
Go to Sephora, ask one of the workers there for help so you get the right shade and if you really want to splurge, get the Sephora platinum stippling brush. I think you'll be very amazed. I've gotten plenty of compliments on my glowing face since I've started using this duo !

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have VERY oily skin and I usually use Bare Minerals Matte, but in the winters I get really dry and mineral powder accentuate my dry patches so I decided to switch to foundation. My go to liquid foundation has always been my MAC Pro Longwear (NC 42) but lately it's been magnifying my dry patches even with extensive moisturizing so I decided to give this dry. I'm using 160 and it's the perfect match! It looks natural, not matte, but a better version of my skintone. Absolutely no problems with my dry patches and I have extremely large pores on the nose and cheeks and it smooth it all. It's very light and I have no problems with the pump putting out too much product. I would say that it would almost be medium coverage but it's so light there's no problem building up the product without cakiness. Aside from fantastic pictures you get with this, my favorite part is the velvety smooth finish it leaves my skin. My husband complimented me on how soft my skin is to the touch! The only beef I have with this (one lippie off) is the lasting power, without the MUFE HD primer I start to see some sheen on my T zone in a few hours ( I never have this problem with the MAC pro longwear) but this is manageable. I would definitely re purchase over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Nynsnow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been wanting to try this for a long time but was put off by the price and I was okay with my Mac studio fix. My wedding's coming in a couple of months though and I decided to try other products to see if I could find something I'd like more and found it! My skin looks so much better with it and I noticed a lot less clogged pores. Mac studio fix, we had a great run but I have to move on!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by cocostar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I waited and waited before reviewing this product. I swore it off thinking it would not work for me and I read a lot of positive comments regarding this. I caved in and went to Sephora. For reference I am NC50/NW45. I thought I would be 177, but 180 was gorgeous! It looks redder than I wanted in the bottle but on my skin it doesn't look red at all. I used the HD powder (HG status!) and loved it. I allowed a few hours to oxide and it was still holding up. I still have to blot (as usual) but it feels light and good on the skin. I sometimes use my MSF in Deep Dark if I don't want the matte look. I must say this is a wonderful foundation. I was concerned that the shade choices would not complement ALL women of color but I was impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by fresh76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried SO many foundations - from Laura Mercier to Armani - and this, by far, trumps them all. I have oily skin so I have accepted (after a number of tries) that no foundation is ideal for oily skin (i've tried Chanel Mat Lumiere, Bare Escentuals Matte formula, etc), so I have been primarily targeting a foundation that provides smooth, clean coverage - and this one is the best! My favourite thing about it (aside from not really feeling it on my skin during the day) is that when my skin is dry due to the winter weather, using this foundation makes my skin feel super comfortable. It doesn't feel too heavy or slick - it just feels like it delivers adequate hydration. I love this foundation and I will not buy any other liquid foundation!