April 19, 2014 | 1878 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by CTgirl05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation. I have to say it has been the best foundation that i have ever used and i have used alot of them. It looks so natural and so flawless its just AMAZING. I have oily skin and acne prone but this foundation makes my skin look so beautiful and so glowy. So if you ladys are thinking if its good for oily skin, trust me its the best foundation ever. It blends with your skin so nice and the colors match to your skin so wonderful. I'm in love with this one and will never buy anything else. I have tried all of the foundations, from dior, chanel, revlon, loreal, and so on. This is the BEST...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by mandywalker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is by far my favorite foundation!!!! I have tried so many others and I keep going back to this. I am 128. (almond). The coverage is amazing. I will def be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by bebexlove

My absolutely HG foundation to date! I have been searching forever (seems like) for the right liquid foundation. I have been to clinique, lancome, shiseido and various korean brands (minus bb creams) and I finally found a foundation that I love!
It's very buildable but sheer if you want it! Doesn't leave me dry or flakey or oily. It has a bit of a dewy finish (which some people might like.. but I like myself to be MATTE!) so I top it off with some powder which is completely fine and I prefer it anyways since I like to finish my look with a powder regardless if it was a dewy or matte finish.

It is a pricey foundation but for the amount you get (you only use half a pump to a full pump worth each time.. depends on how much you need coverage for) it should last you forever and a half!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by itolduso84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Where do I start...I have tried for years unsuccesfully getting a perfect match to my skin....and then Voila! I did plenty of research before purchasing this and im far from disappointed. I will purchase this over and over and over again lol. This didnt oxidize and it looks beautiful in photos including high flash. I didnt feel like I was wearing a mask nor did I look like I was overly made up, coverage builds nicely even though I leave it at the sheer level, so if you like it heavier this would work for you as well. Application wise I was glad to see this glided easily and didnt dry to quickly like the MAC pro longwear does. I just used my ecotools foundation brush and used my MAC 187 to buff it out...perfection. Although I did take one lippie off b/c I wish it held up a little bit better with my oily skin, but the color match def outweighs this for me. Although this is nothing that a good primer wouldnt fix for you (I use smashbox's photo finish light or Laura Mercier). If you are MAC nc 45 then #173 will be great for you. Definitely HG for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ADPang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product to get prepared to become picture perfect for my wedding. I am still trying to clear my skin but just in case I still need something for the coverage. According to all the reviews MUFE was the best for coverage. This particular one was the best for High Def Pictures Woo Hoo. I got matched at the store and at the store it worked. (of course) But can i re-create it? Not yet I think I will need to do an update later. When I did it it covered but it didn't last as long when the makeup girl did it. So I am still working with the ratio of moisturizer, primer and foundation. But I am still pleased, so far. I'll get back after playing around with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by megan1309

This by far is my HG foundation. I've been looking for a great foundation for awhile now and I found it! It gives great coverage, but it's not cakey at all. Unlike my Revlon Colorstay.. This just glides on.. the color matches me perfectly. It has such a great finish as well and it last all day.It is a little bit pricey but I believe it will last me for a few months. I apply it with my fingers or a brush.. just fyi.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by layla10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been on a mission to find the perfect foundation that works for me and my skin type. I have extremely sensitive, acne prone combination skin. I bought the make up forever HD foundation in #120 Shell. I've tried all sorts of foundations from Laura Mercier, Nars, Chanel Lumiere, Maybelline Matte Mousse, L'Oreal True Match, Revlon Color Stay you name it, and nothing compares to this one! It was $44.00 at Sephora,it was well worth the money. To sum it up it's got great medium to full coverage, it's light and lets my face breathe, it gives my skin a beautiful flawless dewy look. I'm crazy about it and it's now my HG :) Wish i would've tried this one first. Would have saves me a lot of time and $$

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by 80sglamrock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've always used Face & Body but I wanted to give this a try after it was first introduced since I'm a fan of the Make Up For Ever. This unfortunately though just did not work for me, it was just way too heavy & thick for me. It does have good coverage but this is one of those foundations that is very hard to work w/ if you have dry skin. If you have skin that's on the dry side, you have to moisturize extremely well in order for this to work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by weese

Before my wedding last year, I went to Sephora and begged the saleswoman to find something that matched my skin, would stay on my face all day, and cover my medium-serious dark spots left over from years of acne. I didn't honestly have high hopes when she steered me towards this super pricey foundation, but guess what? I totally freaking love it. It is perfection in a bottle. My face looked flawless and I can layer it on all day without it looking unnatural or oily.
I normally use 125 when I'm at my palest and I was upgrading to 128 in the summer when I had a tan. It never looks orange, it just looks like your real, perfect skin. Worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I used to be one of those people who thought high end makeup was a waste of money. Although I could afford it, I prefered to save my money on drugstore brands (I still do for mascara & lipstick). I had been using L'Oreal's new Visible Lift Serum makeup and I liked it, however, it wasn't exactly a perfect match and my skin seemed oily by the end of the day and I looked like I was wearing makeup. I'd been hearing all about MUFE on here so I decided to bite the bullet and give it a try. I am now a convert. This is hands down the best foundation I have ever used. I have tried other HE brands by the way, and never felt the product justified the price. This time it does. The coverage on me is full yet it still feels and looks natural. And it lasts all day with primer. I put it on yesterday at 9 am and at 9 pm my makeup still looked fresh and natural with minimal oil. The coverage is perfect. It doesn't completely cover my darker brown age spots but it definitely minimizes them. I actually ordered online from Sephora and with their descriptions ordered the perfect shade. I used 120 Sand. Previously I used Sand Beige with Revlon, Stila 40, Lancome Dual Finish Ecru II, and Nude Beige with L'Oreal. I have a yellow tint to my skin and this matches perfectly. I still prefer drugstore mascaras and lipsticks but for foundations & powder, I prefer the MUFE line for sure. For me it's definitely worth the money.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No